Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

It would be really interesting to see how the Browns would re-adapt to New York after being in a small town for so long. They all went through their most important growth and have some of their most important memories in Everwood. I think it would be a pretty big deal for them to go back to stay.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
It would be really interesting to see how the Browns would re-adapt to New York after being in a small town for so long. They all went through their most important growth and have some of their most important memories in Everwood. I think it would be a pretty big deal for them to go back to stay.
I think that the Browns will be nostalgic. Andy will be reluctant to shave his beard.
Delia will try to organize some fests. Ephram will adapt the best....he'd be busy with his studies at Julliard...but he'll miss Amy terribly and miss the chunky snow.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I so agree with you 'Tos. That reminds me when Ephram and Andy went back to New York for the couple of days. And Andy missed the noises, all the people and everything about the city that goes on. However, I think Andy would miss the small town life. Of knowing everyone in town, building relationships with those people and helping them in every way inspires Andy. I mean Surgeon Andy didn't even kn ow the patient in front of him. I think he'd definitely miss it.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

I agree with both of you, they would miss the small town life, the memories they built there. Andy in particular. He lived his whole life in other places (mostly New York probably), but he went through more growth in Everwood in four years than he did in the rest of his life. Everwood really was where he had to learn what it is to be a father.

You know who would have the hardest time with them all going to New York, though? Harold! What would he do without Andy?? Poor guy.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Tos! Harold would have no idea how to navigate through the busy streets. He's used to his clear streets and clean sidewalks. He'd be out there with a broom every morning in front of his doctor's office making sure it was nice and tidy
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

I meant if he stayed in Everwood, because he has no reason to go to New York. But, yes, he'd have the most trouble adapting to New York if he went too!
Old 10-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And....what is Harold going to do with two parking spaces in front of his office!! Who will he fight with?
Old 10-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
And....what is Harold going to do with two parking spaces in front of his office!! Who will he fight with?
Exactly! And who would help him steal gum? He would be so devastated.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And what would Harold do with such a busy office? He would now be the sole doctor in Everwood again. I think Harold got comfortable with Andy having another practice in town. It gives Harold time with every patient and doesn't have such a strict schedule.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, that too. Honestly, they became such great friends by the time the show ends that I can't imagine what Harold do without Andy. I mean, next to Rose, Edna and his kids, Andy is the most important person in his life. They really became best friends. So, for that reason alone, I'm glad Ephram had to stay in Everwood.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

question...

How do you think Harold would've handled Rose's cancer without Andy?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

I think the same as he did, really. Harold mostly dealt with the emotional side of Rose's cancer with his family, with Rose and Bright and Amy. Andy wasn't really there for that. Andy was there more for Rose. Andy was dealing too much with the aftereffects of what happened with Ephram to be much help to Harold, unfortunately. So, Harold kind of did handle Rose's cancer without Andy for the most part.

But I think Rose would have been much worse off without Andy there. Not to perform the surgery, but to answer the questions and be supportive. It's a whole different thing asking your husband doctor questions than a friend, so Andy was necessary to give her some peace of mind.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you, 'Tos. Andy was there mostly for Rose. He was patient with her and explained things in a very calm, sensitive manner. The other surgeon was very very gruff and impersonal. Without Andy, Rose would have been stuck with him. Harold didn't even want Andy involved in Rose's care....didn't want him to perform the surgery.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. Rose was afraid to have anyone else operating on her. And that doctor...whew, he scared her. But that's how Andy was. Fast talking and leaving no time for patient imput
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Harold didn't even want Andy involved in Rose's care....didn't want him to perform the surgery.
He really took it to Andy after he performed the surgery, eh? Goodness. It's hard seeing friends fight. I was watching that scene yesterday, and Harold just rips into Andy. Nothing is going right for Andy at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I agree. Rose was afraid to have anyone else operating on her. And that doctor...whew, he scared her. But that's how Andy was. Fast talking and leaving no time for patient imput
Andy's involvement really showed how far he had come as a doctor since the Pilot. You watch that scene with the gruff, fast-talking doctor, and he clearly disapproves of how this doctor is treating Rose, but out of respect for him, he doesn't say a thing. Not that he really got a chance to speak anyway!
Reply   Post New Thread