Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2023, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
Wilpen!!! Yes I remember you. Hi. How are you?
Hey!

I am good! How are you doing?

Yes, I remember the episode discussion threads on the board back when the series was live.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 06:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey, Ken!
Abomasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Hey!

Yes, I remember the episode discussion threads on the board back when the series was live.
Even though I do discuss the show, I still long to have been a part of the episode discussions when the series was still airing.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hey!

The ep discussion threads were the best.

I forgot my previous SNs but, I believe I was the only "Ken" who posted.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
Even though I do discuss the show, I still long to have been a part of the episode discussions when the series was still airing.
They were so much fun. Some great analysis took place. It was mature and intellectual without drama.

Wish you were there too.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The ep discussion threads were the best.

I forgot my previous SNs but, I believe I was the only "Ken" who posted.
They were, indeed. Looked forward to them days in advance.

Oh yes, I remember! Were you formerly Mr. Brightside as well or did I just make that up?
Old 09-25-2023, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They were, indeed. Looked forward to them days in advance.

Oh yes, I remember! Were you formerly Mr. Brightside as well or did I just make that up?
OMG that was it! And yes, that was me!

kenny | credit
Old 09-25-2023, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
OMG that was it! And yes, that was me!

How would you rank Everwood as far as your favorite shows of all time?
Old 09-25-2023, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

How would you rank Everwood as far as your favorite shows of all time?
It's definitely in my top 20, dare I say top 15. I always think back on it so fondly. I wish it got more time to tell its story though. S4 to me just felt like such a race to the finish line. I wish it had the knowledge it was ending with time for preparation. I think they made due with the time they had to construct a satisfying conclusion, thankfully.

kenny | credit
Old 09-25-2023, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's definitely in my top 20, dare I say top 15. I always think back on it so fondly. I wish it got more time to tell its story though. S4 to me just felt like such a race to the finish line. I wish it had the knowledge it was ending with time for preparation. I think they made due with the time they had to construct a satisfying conclusion, thankfully.
So well said. S4, it is pretty amazing they were able to work some magic and create a satisfying ending overall. It did feel we got to the finish line, but some stuff in between was missed. It’s unfortunate like you said, they didn’t know it was ending after four seasons before starting to write S4.

I definitely went on to enjoy other TV series. I feel like Everwood is in this category of uniqueness other shows cannot perfectly touch in the same way. It was one of a kind, especially given the network it was on and how the CW didn’t want it in the end because it wasn’t the flavor they desired (soapy and more like a typical teen show).

We recently did a board rewatch over the pandemic and finished up a few months ago. It took a couple of years to complete. It was a lot of fun. Some things are a bit outdated… such as some of Bright’s misogynistic comments he would never get away with in the present, Hannah’s conservatism (she might be a MAGA LOL), or the teasing of Reid about possibly being gay (even Ephram kind of went there) and how it just sounds ridiculous now. As someone who personally relates to this (sexuality), I kind of rolled my eyes a little bit.

At the same time, overall, Everwood aged fairly well though.
Old 09-25-2023, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So well said. S4, it is pretty amazing they were able to work some magic and create a satisfying ending overall. It did feel we got to the finish line, but some stuff in between was missed. It’s unfortunate like you said, they didn’t know it was ending after four seasons before starting to write S4.
I feel like they would've crafted a different ending and final story arch to end the series which would've gave the characters very different closure than what we got. Did Berlanti ever comment what his original conceit would've been?

Quote:
I definitely went on to enjoy other TV series. I feel like Everwood is in this category of uniqueness other shows cannot perfectly touch in the same way. It was one of a kind, especially given the network it was on and how the CW didn’t want it in the end because it wasn’t the flavor they desired (soapy and more like a typical teen show).
Everwood is totally in a class of its own with other WB series that just captured a moment in time during a pivotal moment in our lives.

Quote:
We recently did a board rewatch over the pandemic and finished up a few months ago. It took a couple of years to complete. It was a lot of fun. Some things are a bit outdated… such as some of Bright’s misogynistic comments he would never get away with in the present, Hannah’s conservatism (she might be a MAGA LOL), or the teasing of Reid about possibly being gay (even Ephram kind of went there) and how it just sounds ridiculous now. As someone who personally relates to this (sexuality), I kind of rolled my eyes a little bit.

At the same time, overall, Everwood aged fairly well though.
OMG I kinda can't wait to rewatch. I did feel like Bright would be problematic. Didn't even consider Hannah. And yeah figured about the Reid stuff.

kenny | credit
Old 09-26-2023, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I feel like they would've crafted a different ending and final story arch to end the series which would've gave the characters very different closure than what we got. Did Berlanti ever comment what his original conceit would've been?
Exactly. Berlanti said in an interview how the series finale went down was how it was always meant to go down overall as far as ships are concerned. He mentioned Andy and Nina were the ones that kind of got screwed over due to time. We would have seen way more of them together/dating, and then engaged. That is pretty much what he basically said.

Quote:
Everwood is totally in a class of its own with other WB series that just captured a moment in time during a pivotal moment in our lives.
Definitely.

Quote:
OMG I kinda can't wait to rewatch. I did feel like Bright would be problematic. Didn't even consider Hannah. And yeah figured about the Reid stuff.
Indeed.

It is interesting to notice these things during the rewatch. While you can respect the time period they were transpiring, you just laugh at how some of this stuff would be so ridiculous to pass off now in the present. They just wouldn't work in the present as much. But that said, I still think Everwood aged rather nicely compared to others.
Old 09-27-2023, 10:37 AM
Absolute Fan

^^^^ As you know, I watched the series for the first time a couple years ago at age 20. As a Gen Z, the vast majority of us don’t put up with a lot of outlandish conservative garbage.

I would say overall Everwood aged quite nicely. The only character I had issues with was Hannah due to her politics. But there were also aspects of Hannah I didn’t mind/liked too. Her bad moments were truly bad, however. You are so right on while stating Hannah could belong to a certain part of the right. Which is fine for some. For me, I rolled my eyes severely.
sporting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporting (View Post)
^^^^ As you know, I watched the series for the first time a couple years ago at age 20. As a Gen Z, the vast majority of us don’t put up with a lot of outlandish conservative garbage.

I would say overall Everwood aged quite nicely. The only character I had issues with was Hannah due to her politics. But there were also aspects of Hannah I didn’t mind/liked too. Her bad moments were truly bad, however. You are so right on while stating Hannah could belong to a certain part of the right. Which is fine for some. For me, I rolled my eyes severely.
Pandemic family time.

Completely agree with you.
Old 09-27-2023, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

New ABCs updated in OP
Reply   Post New Thread