Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Hot Seat #3

Continue!

I'll add more questions once I get the other thread closed out.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

162) How would you generally describe what most French people think of French Canadians?
163) How many computers do you own?
164) Ever been to the theatre? If so, did you enjoy it?
165) Who sounds cuter attempting to speak french, an American or a Brit and why?
166) Are we going to see Dumbledore in some form in the final book?
167) Same question for Sirius.
168) If a Weasley dies in the final book, which one do you think is most likely to bite it?
169) Does anything bad happen at Bill/Fleur's wedding or will it transpire relatively peacefully?
170) What is "beyond the veil" if you had to guess?
171) If you had 5 mn with Dawn the moron from the CW, what precisely would you say to her?
172) Do you have any close relationships with extended family members?
173) What are the most popular French names right now?
174) How many hours a week is considered full time employment in France?
175) How does health insurance/coverage work in France? Does every citizen have access to free healthcare?
176) Do you believe in psychics?
177) Favorite kind of fruit?
178) Since you don't eat meat, what types of foods do you eat instead to get protein implemented in your diet?
179) If you were to make a delicious salad, what would be in it?
180) Favorite kind of soup?
181) Is there anyone you work with that annoys you to the point of wanting to avoid them?
182) How do you say in French: "We have McDonald's here in France"
183) How would you best describe your judicial system in France? I know I was general, basically anything you want to share regarding the judicial system, go for it.
184) Ever been on a train?
185) Why is Emily VanCamp so pretty?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:17 PM
buffyannAlex

I'm trying too write my answers now, just so youo know but I'm overwhelmed by the number of questions

Old 07-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOLLLL Oh come on! I even screwed around all morning and didn't slap any new ones up in length until hours after I said I was going to.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

What Michelle's basically calling you Alex is wimpy, you do know this, don't you?

I have another question or two:

Why is Michelle so loved here at FF? And she IS, let me count the ways. LOL
How would your friends describe you in a sentence or two?
Do French people truly hate Americans?
Do you like to swim?
You mentioned you don't do nude beaches and you would never take Michelle to one but does anyone close to you frequent nude beaches?

I better stop for now before you want to punch me for adding on the questions.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:57 PM
buffyannAlex

I would not be called a wimp !!! Michelle, you better watch your back cause I'ms trong and I'm coming after ya

Mich questions
162) How would you generally describe what most French people think of French Canadians?
Welcoming and nice.

163) How many computers do you own?

164) Ever been to the theatre? If so, did you enjoy it?
A few time with school to see plays and once to see a ballet. I didn't like that a lot at the time btu I figure I would enjoy it way more now.

165) Who sounds cuter attempting to speak french, an American or a Brit and why?
American. It's softer to the ears the way you eat all syllable and pronunce everything. Brit sounds more uptight.

166) Are we going to see Dumbledore in some form in the final book?
I didn't think of that. I'm thinking no. But his presence will be felt.

167) Same question for Sirius.
I think we will see him in one way or another. I just feel that though I can be wrong.

168) If a Weasley dies in the final book, which one do you think is most likely to bite it?
Maybe Percy or one of the older brother, i'm thinking. They're involved in the OoTP so it'd make sense.

169) Does anything bad happen at Bill/Fleur's wedding or will it transpire relatively peacefully?
I was thinking it would be the peace before the battle. I don't know. It won't be all cheerful for sure but maybe it'll be nice and show us the good before we hit for bad bad and pain.

170) What is "beyond the veil" if you had to guess?
I think it's not necesseraly somethign we can explain rationnaly. It's obviously related to deaht but in what form ? I think it's some sort of access with one plan(Plane (?)/Plain(?) I have no clue how it's spelled lol) of life, the spirit plane for instance.

171) If you had 5 mn with Dawn the moron from the CW, what precisely would you say to her?

How can you enjoy a job where you have to prevalue crap shows to quality ones ? I would hate your job.

172) Do you have any close relationships with extended family members?
My aunt btu that's basically it

I have close relationship with my family in law that live here in the same town though

173) What are the most popular French names right now?
According to the names's stats for 2006, the most popular names were :
For Boys : Enzo, Mathis, Lucas, Hugo, Matheo, Nathan, Theo, Noah, Matteo, Thomas, Louis, Maxime, Romain, Tom, Leo, Yanis, Alexis, Baptiste, Antoine, Raphael
For Girls : Emma, Lea, Manon, Clara, Chloe, Ines, Camille, Sarah, Oceane, Jade, Marie, Lola, Anais, Eva, Lucie, Lilou, Julie, Lena, Romane, Lisa

I have to add what kind of parents name their kid "Louis" ???

174) How many hours a week is considered full time employment in France?

35 hours. most people work 39 and have then 2 more vacation days per month.
It doesn't apply to everyone though but overall, that's the deal.

175) How does health insurance/coverage work in France? Does every citizen have access to free healthcare?

Yes. Healthcare is free to a certain degree. A certain part is taken care by the state, sometimes fully (Hospital stuff, General doctor). Specific cares (dentists, ophtamologist) are only partially free and you need a little insurance to cover you fully.
People in the need are a bit more covered but I don't know the specifics.

176) Do you believe in psychics?
I think I do. I think there's many thing we don't know about the world and I think some people have an increaded intuition or connection with the world and get more tat we do

177) Favorite kind of fruit?

Peach and summer fruit

178) Since you don't eat meat, what types of foods do you eat instead to get protein implemented in your diet?
I do hit a bit of fish (rest their souls), eggs, cheese and cereals. so I'm fine

179) If you were to make a delicious salad, what would be in it?

Depends. Right now, I'm eating lots of italian salads (tomato, salad, basilic, mozzarela buffala) but one of my favourite is also tomato, eggs, corn, salad, cumin gouda, avocado

180) Favorite kind of soup?

the gaspacho soup

181) Is there anyone you work with that annoys you to the point of wanting to avoid them?
No, not that bad. A few people annoy me a bit but I'm working around it for now

182) How do you say in French: "We have McDonald's here in France"
Il y a des McDonalds ici, en France.

183) How would you best describe your judicial system in France? I know I was general, basically anything you want to share regarding the judicial system, go for it.
Man, I don't know a lot about that and I don't know what I could tell you... I know there's differences with the US but I'm no qualified to explain them. If you have more specifics question, I'll try my best to answer them.

184) Ever been on a train?
LOTS of time. I take the train to go to paris, use to take the train every week to go from college to home on week end...

185) Why is Emily VanCamp so pretty?

Ask her mom. it's in the genes probably

Erin's Questions
Why is Michelle so loved here at FF? And she IS, let me count the ways. LOL
She's nice and caring. The rest I sill cannot make sense of

How would your friends describe you in a sentence or two?
They'd probably say I'm nice and joyful, naive and shy, funny in my own crazy way, very talkative and a complainer.

Do French people truly hate Americans?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
No, we DON'T !!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you like to swim?
I do like that. One of the only sport I can actually do without complaining too much Heh.

You mentioned you don't do nude beaches and you would never take Michelle to one but does anyone close to you frequent nude beaches?

No. It's not something very common. Believe me.
Wait, I knew this guy from work who talked about that. But he was really weird and obsessed with sex so I guess that'd make sense.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

186) What is the typical speed limit on a freeway in France?
187) Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
188) How would you describe patriotism in France?
189) Church & State Separation? For it, I know, but any comments on why you feel this way?
190) What's your favorite holiday and why?
191) Do you celebrate Bastille Day?
192) What are "must sees" in Paris for someone visiting the city?
193) When did you first start watching Gilmore Girls?
194) Favorite character on Gilmore Girls?
195) How do you say in French: "Alex is an extremely good singer"
196) If I go to France can I have Crepes for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
197) What types of music do you dislike if any?
198) Best EVC episode as Amy Abbott?
199) Favorite character on Brothers & Sisters?
200) Favorite episode on Brothers & Sisters?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 PM
buffyannAlex

With all the FF problems today, I didn't have the chance to reply.
I'll answer that tomorrow (I'm heading to bed now) and then, Michelle, you're on !

Old 07-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ok, you got it, Crepe maker.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Crepe Maker = WITTY Michelle

You know what this means for tomorrow?

How you doin, Angela?

Last edited by EverPotter; 07-02-2007 at 04:52 PM
Old 07-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey forgive my deliberate double but I just thought of something!

Could both Michelle & Angela jointly be in the hot seat together? I know this technically isn't "the norm" with hot seat threads but since these two basically come as one LOL couldn't we make up an exception and our own original rule and have the both of them in at the same time?

I think it would be cool since we could take advantage of Angela's presence in hopes that afterwards she never leaves and remains on the board.

What does everyone think about this?

Michelle? Alex? And of course only if Angela's up for it, too.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOLLLL

Well I'm as liberal and willing to go against the norm as they come so whatever is fine with me.

It depends on what everyone else thinks. I'll find out what Angela thinks, Alex is sleeping but she'll respond when she gets up.

Another option is Angela answering a question or two here and there but not technically being IN with me at the same time, or just adding responses to some of mine.

Whatever. I'm cool with anything and everything so it doesn't matter to me.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ok talked to Angela, she's down with the joint idea. She can get insanely busy at work is the only issue but if that takes place she'll still answer as much as she can and I can answer for her in that case since I seem to do that A LOT on this board anyway so it won't be anything new.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwwwwww yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 AM
buffyannAlex

186) What is the typical speed limit on a freeway in France?
130km/h meaning *converts* 80miles/h

187) Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Never. But I did had a ticket for being on the phone with you while driving

188) How would you describe patriotism in France?
Inexistant ?
I'm pretty sure America is ne of the only very patriotic country out there. Like we discussed, it has to do probably with how the country came to be in the first place.
We love France for sure, and most people woudn't want to live anywhere else, but we're not considering ourselves one with the country if that makes sense.
In anyway, it doesn't mean we don't love our country, it's just a different way to look at it, I guess. There's been patriotism during hard times such as wars for sure. But overall, we're not patriotic I hope I make sense.

189) Church & State Separation? For it, I know, but any comments on why you feel this way?
It's been separated for a long time so it's been like this since I grew up and so it feels normal to me.
But more than, that, I think religion is a really sensitive subject and having it interfer with the state feels wrong. It doesn't mean Religion shouldn't be acknowledged. it's a mutual respect betwwen the 2. A balance to find but where none of them is messing with the other's business. When you're at school and you have a religion celebration (ex. hannukah), you take a leave of absence and the school is adjusting around that no problem. but the school won't set up a class room for prayer for example. That's not the role of the school.
So anyway, I feel it works better that way because State and Religion evolve in 2 different universe almost and I feel mixing everything is a big mess.
For instance, not to get too political, but on a spiritual level, abortion is in general not acceptable. And I think most religious people don't necesseraly believe in abortion in the sense that it's something natural and that you should welcome a child whenever it's given to you.
From a state's POV, abortion is just a right women should have. because it's about the freedom and prochoice thing.
How can you mix both ? it's not possible, IMO. Because the reasonning is so different (spiritual or rationnal) that no compromise can be found.
Being separated, you can believe in both. You can still believe people shouldn't abort from a spiritual, religion POV, but still acknowledge that with the world we live in, women should be allowed to have the choice. Especially since no everyone agrees with you on that subject, and so it's about the freedom.
I never thought I would abort, but I still wanna have the choice to do it or not. because it's a right. Spiritual calls shouldn't be made by the state is my belief.
I hope I made sense, I didn't wanna write a novel...

190) What's your favorite holiday and why?

Christmas, I guess. I love the winter feel, the christams market, the stupid songs in the streets, the joy. It's a beautiful time of year.

191) Do you celebrate Bastille Day?
Yes. on July 14th Fireworks are involved, as big military parade

192) What are "must sees" in Paris for someone visiting the city?
Depends on what you're looking for. I personnaly would recommend Notre Dame, the docks and "island" which is a beautiful place I like to go to and hang, the champ elysées (I don't know why but people love it), Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Louvre and Rivoli, Some Garden like the "Jardin du Luxembourg"...
The eiffel tower if you wanna see paris from above.

193) When did you first start watching Gilmore Girls?
Season 1 on French TV then, I watched beginning late season 4 and watched season 1 to 3 during the following summer to catch up.

194) Favorite character on Gilmore Girls?
Lorelai. maybe Luke. or Lane.

195) How do you say in French: "Alex is an extremely good singer"
my god... "Alex chante bien".

196) If I go to France can I have Crepes for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
You can, but I'll make sure to show you how to make them on the first day so you can handle that yourself for every other day and so I can make myself something else

197) What types of music do you dislike if any?

Agressive music. Rap, Heavy Metal, not a fan of pop and R&B either.

198) Best EVC episode as Amy Abbott?

Probably the whole depression thing. The goodbye to colin and the other (unhappy holidays ?) where she yells during the family dinner.

199) Favorite character on Brothers & Sisters?
Kevin, I think.

200) Favorite episode on Brothers & Sisters?
I don't really have a favorite for now. I liked the finale.

That's it, I'm done. Thanks you all for the great question, that was very fun

now, Michelle, you're officially in. Prepare to suffer, my friend
As of Angela sharing the seat, I'm not a fan of the idea, I think it's gonna be confusing a bit and I would prefer her going after mich on the seat even if the number of questions is limited due to her limited internet access.
But if it's just a few questions while Michelle's in and if she prefer that option then go for it.

Last edited by buffyannAlex; 07-03-2007 at 01:03 AM

Closed Thread   Post New Thread