Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
I have nothing from which to recover, having followed my usual custom these days of not being able to fall asleep until almost 5 am. I'm just bored and there's been no one around here to play with, so I'm forced to be quiet here, too.
Thief, I battle HUGE insomnia. Enormous. I'm lucky if I get 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I hear you about the mind racing, being in a proactive, hyper state. That's me, too. My body is tired but my mind is energetic, wide awake. I hate it. I've tried everything to calm my mind down but nothing has worked so far and since this battle has taken place for quite some time (ever since I stopped competitively playing soccer and basketball so my theory is that massive load of exercise helped me sleep at night and the exercise I do now is too many steps down to work in the same way) I don't see things changing anytime soon since I've tried just about everything! I wasn't aware that you were on the board that late or else I would be on, too. I'll come on more whenever the usual takes place... I cannot sleep, heh.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-02-2010 at 10:25 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Did you play travel sized Clue?
Tee hee, no but I made sure I was Professor Plum.
Taryn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hope everyone had an awesome New Year's Eve-it sounds like most of you had fun staying in, and that's what I usually do too! My parents invite a few close friends round, and we play Trivial Pursuits. We split up into matched ability teams (I do well with my dad, as he can do all the Geography/Science ones & I'm good at arts, literature & music and have a propensity for remembering completely useless facts, like yak's milk being pink!). However, this year I was asked to babysit... I got to bring my friend along, but did think it was a bit off of the couple to not pick us up or take us home (they wanted us for 10, and, OK, where we live is safe & it's only a 20 min walk, but it was cold, especially at 4 am, when they returned!). I wouldn't have minded as much if they'd explained that we'd have to make our way home, but hey ho, I got well paid for it and slept til late the next day & had an awesome Birthday to make up for it!
Oh, and doesn't everyone know that travel-sized Clue(do) is a travesty as it makes Professor Plum all squished up & then he doesn't look as cool?
Louisa C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Louisa! Happy birthday! A New Years Day Baby! Hee!

That is pretty messed up that they didn't drive you back home at 4am!!! Wow. I live in a fairly safe area too, but I'd still hate to walk home in the darn in the middle of the night. That's just scary, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Tee hee, no but I made sure I was Professor Plum.
Whenever I play Clue, everyone knows not to touch Col. Mustard. That one is always mine!.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Barrybgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't play much, 'cause I'm not v good at it but I always liked Miss Scarlett (Melle Rose in French, which is just underwhelming), 'cause I thought she was really beautiful and mysterious! I think my brother used to like being Prof. Plum though! Also, hee to the victim being Dr Black, as I can imagine Ephram making some sarcastic remark when he's annoyed with his dad about changing a few letters of the surname & patricide occuring!
Old 01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Louisa! I don't know why I had the idea that your birthday is Jan. 4th!

Happy Happy Birthday! So glad to see you back on the board...you were missed.

everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Happy Birthday Louisa!

Quote:
I got to bring my friend along, but did think it was a bit off of the couple to not pick us up or take us home
Wow, that was pretty rude of them. Glad you made it safely.
Taryn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Louisa! I don't know why I had the idea that your birthday is Jan. 4th!
Well, she's a Capricorn after all so it makes sense!

Happy Birthday, Louisa!

Oh, I cannot believe your babysitting situation. Beyond rude and all out weird are those people for making you hit the streets and yes, thankfully you guys are safe and sound.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Happy birthday, Louisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Also, hee to the victim being Dr Black, as I can imagine Ephram making some sarcastic remark when he's annoyed with his dad about changing a few letters of the surname & patricide occuring!
Hee! I can totally imagine that scenario. Even with, like, a friendly, joking S4-and-beyond Ephram and Andy.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought I should pass by here as well!

First of all Louisa! I hope you had a great day!

And to all of you a Happy New Year!!!
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Awww, thanks for the Birthday wishes guys! I had an awesome day, even if it was really quiet... Have decided being 28 is way too close to 30 for my liking, so I'm 25 for the 3rd time instead!
For dinner, my mum made her delicious lasagne & bought the yummiest chocolate log cake from the bakery, with a choc mousse filling & chocolate icing! There is still some left too, which is fairly awesome & miraculous!
The couple I was babysitting for I have only worked for once before, and they didn't come & pick me up (I was on my way when they texted & said they could come and get me though, in fairness), then they got friends of theirs to run me back! However, they pay pretty generously & usually leave me yummy food, so it all balances out in the end!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know....I checked last years Holiday thread and there were 14 replies. This years holiday thread has 117 replies. I guess we're in a much more festive mood this year.
I've unstuck this thread.....so here's you last chance to post a Holiday greeting/message.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

We also had lots more posters posting in it, which is always awesome.

By the way, Louisa, your birthday sounds absolutely lovely! Lasagna and chocolate log cake. *drools*
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
Awww, thanks for the Birthday wishes guys! I had an awesome day, even if it was really quiet... Have decided being 28 is way too close to 30 for my liking, so I'm 25 for the 3rd time instead!
For dinner, my mum made her delicious lasagne & bought the yummiest chocolate log cake from the bakery, with a choc mousse filling & chocolate icing! There is still some left too, which is fairly awesome & miraculous!
The couple I was babysitting for I have only worked for once before, and they didn't come & pick me up (I was on my way when they texted & said they could come and get me though, in fairness), then they got friends of theirs to run me back! However, they pay pretty generously & usually leave me yummy food, so it all balances out in the end!
Happy belated birthday to you. You're still young! I'm about 9 months away from 40,so you can be 25 and I'll take 30,LOL!
cfs89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread