Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

well put, liz!
besides - you haven't answered my question somewhere on the last page - did you watch that movie?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Nope, I've never seen it. I'll have to go out and rent it one day. When I don't have a million things to do.

I've been thinking and E/L have some similarities the main couple in Get Over It. I forget their names but the female was played by Kirsten Dunst. She was his best friend's little sister who had a crush on him, but never really showed it. He was obsessed with his ex-girlfriend. Slowly they started hanging out, and realised their feelings for each other.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

sorry to hear you're so busy at the moment. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
now 'Get Over It' is a picture i haven't seen. guess i've to rent it sometime soon. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I've got to start filling out the tons of application stuff for university soon. Then I have to start studying for exams. Then I have to finish all the projects I waited till the last minute to do. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I'm a procrastinator, and at times like this I hate it. But what do I do? Keep procrastinating.

My surprise might take a little while longer to come out cause of all this RL stuff I have to do.

Anyways, How are you and the fic coming? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

i know your problem - i'm pretty avoidant too. especially if i waited too long to get sth. done in the first place. it's pretty much the story about me and my thesis. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

anyway - the fic and i did nothing today. or better said the fic. i had to take my grandma to the hospital because she wanted to visit someone. then we went "seeing" my grandpa at the cemetery. then we went grocery shopping. afterwards we were exhausted. *sheepish- [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]* - but tomorrow is another day [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

I really should finish my French essay... but somehow I always put it off. See, I'm here now instead. Oh well, it'll get done. Eventually.

Have you come up with a title for the fic yet? Or shall we continue calling it, 'the fic'? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

i'm afraid it'll remain 'the fic' until i come up with something decent. in the meantime we can also call it 'what a shambles' or short WAS. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

and yeah - french. shouldn't that be your first language or are you not from Québec?

my last two years of high school i laid the main focus on French, Physics, German and Maths. (i don't know if your scholar systems works anything alike - here you have like "main focus classes" which count more into your final results than the rest - that's only for the last 2 years though. before that everyone has to take the same classes). what i wanted to say though was... ähm... i forgot... now... wait... ah: i was pretty good at French at the time. today i'm lucky if i can order a vegan mail on an Air France flight though. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] pathetic, i know.

Old 01-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Nope, French is my second language. I'm not Ontario, not Quebec!!

No, here you take whatever classes you want and they all are weighted the same. Although in your last year, the courses are specified as University Preperation, College Preperation, or Workplace. These classes prepare you for whatever higher education instution you choose to attend.

Oh, I hate the thought of how much that is going to cost next year. Tuition, books, living expenses... A whole lotta money.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

oh - sorry i got that wrong. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] but i'm sure you're doing fine nonetheless.

on costs - luckily here it's just 60 € (approx. 65 US$) per semester. then i lived at home because university is only 15 minutes walking distance from where i live. so it was only the books which were expensive. that and all the fieldtrips we had to attend.

Old 01-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

*mouth drops* Are you kidding?! Here in Canada, tuition is $10 000 per year, plus books, plus living. That's just going! And I know in the states, it's even more. Wholly! I wanna go where you went! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Are you kidding?!
ahm - no. actually it's like that at every University in Germany. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] if you come here as a foreign student you have to pass a language test though. but you can take free German classes that prepare you for the test. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] heh, if you start in september: you can have my room. i hopefully have a job and moved out by then. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

You're lucky. What was your major?

By the way, how's the fic coming? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited *Lizzie* ]
Old 01-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, i guess i am. i just want that master-degree and a job. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] if i don't get a job right away, i'm afraid i'll have to go for PhD. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] - but i really have enough of college and exams and stuff right now. my major was geography with a minor in maths and soil science.

back on topic? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited Nikki K ]

Old 01-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Right, back on topic...

E/L ROCK!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

yeah, so... where do you think Laynie would want to go to university? I can see Ephram wanting to go back to New York, but what about her?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

well, i can see her going to either New York or San Francisco or Seattle. she doesn't seem like a beach girl, so i thought not too much south. and i can see her going on either west or east, nothing in the middle. don't ask me why though. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Closed Thread   Post New Thread