Old 01-28-2018, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I would have loved to see Ephram's baby with Madison as well
Old 01-28-2018, 06:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I would have loved to see Ephram's baby with Madison as well
How did you feel in general about Ephram/Madison and the baby. Was this a story line that you enjoyed?
Old 01-28-2018, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I think Ephram needed an older girlfriend to learn some things. I didn't really like Madison per se, especially after not telling Ephram about the baby. I understand not telling him while she was still pregnant, let him go on his path, but after? She had no right giving that baby away before telling the father first. It's not like a rapist case!
Old 01-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Glad you dislike Madison and completely agree with your take. I loathe her with every fiber of my being. LOL
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I couldn't really understand Andy either. He's all about family and helping Ephram on his dream and then he doesn't even as much as wants to see his GRANDSON
Old 01-28-2018, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Well, the whole baby storyline (which we refer to as Madisongate) was just created to stir up drama on the show, which it did, so the baby became sort of incidental. I wish that the writers had never taken that route with Ephram and Madison because Madisongate ended up doing damage to the key relationships on the show.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I couldn't really understand Andy either. He's all about family and helping Ephram on his dream and then he doesn't even as much as wants to see his GRANDSON
I would say all three of them (Madison, Ephram and Andy) had their bad moments when it comes to this storyline. Ephram after all is responsible for making that kid. Madison after all agreed to the sex and Andy well let's just say that I had issues with the way he reacted once Madison told Ephram the truth. Andy was like "Let's pretend that I did nothing wrong and ignore it". I am sorry, but that was annoying and totally immature on his part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
Well, the whole baby storyline (which we refer to as Madisongate) was just created to stir up drama on the show, which it did, so the baby became sort of incidental. I wish that the writers had never taken that route with Ephram and Madison because Madisongate ended up doing damage to the key relationships on the show.
So true! The baby storyline was created to create conflicts between Amy/Ephram and And/Ephram. I get that they wanted to add some dynamic but I do not believe that Madisongate was the best option there.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Well said, Jerry. It was never about the baby. The baby, unfortunately, was used as a means to create stupid soap opera drama. It was entirely unnecessary. Madisongate was the biggest mistake the show made in the opinion of many.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

The baby being incidental and as a result of a soapy storyline doesn't mean they should have ignored his existence. They all did in the end, like the child never mattered, moral, upstanding citizens as they are It could have been fixed..
Old 01-29-2018, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

How would you have fixed it?
Old 01-29-2018, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The baby being incidental and as a result of a soapy storyline doesn't mean they should have ignored his existence. They all did in the end, like the child never mattered, moral, upstanding citizens as they are It could have been fixed..
The baby was adopted by a good family and was in great hands. I am sure his friends and family realized that bringing the topic up would be hurtful for Ephram.
Ephram does talk about the baby in Season 4. I forget the actual scene, but it was about a father who abandons his child and Ephram laments the fact that he doesn't want his son to believe that he abandoned him because he didn't want him.
So...the baby wasn't forgotten.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
The baby was adopted by a good family and was in great hands. I am sure his friends and family realized that bringing the topic up would be hurtful for Ephram.
Ephram does talk about the baby in Season 4. I forget the actual scene, but it was about a father who abandons his child and Ephram laments the fact that he doesn't want his son to believe that he abandoned him because he didn't want him.
So...the baby wasn't forgotten.
Exactly right. Like Jerry said, it was clear what the intention was all about but like you very clearly state, the baby was well taken care of. Even if the storyline was to create drama between the main characters, we absolutely witnessed the baby very well taken care of, thankfully. The one that actually got screwed over was Ephram but we also witnessed Ephram's evolution and he was in a good place in season 4.

What we do know is IF a season 5 would have happened, Madison was returning, hunting down Ephram and the strong speculation is she was planning on trying to take the baby away from his adopted parents. Now that would have been such a horrible mistake.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
How would you have fixed it?
Have Ephram contact the family and make it clear he would want a relationship with the child, whenever the time is right for everyone. That is what I would have expected from him.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree that they pretended that the kid did not exist. It's like they made up the story, used it to stir up conflict between Amy/Ephram and Andy/Ephram and then decided to ignore it.

I do agree with you that Ephram needed closure as far as this story goes. I could never buy that he was not bothered by the fact that there was kid of his out there and he did not know where. Not to mention the way the kid would feel once it old enough to understand. I am sure that those thoughts were in Ephram's head. And given the relationship Ephram had with Andy, I would definitely believe that Ephram would want to be a father to that kid when the time is ready.

I do understand that this was sensitive topic for Amy/Ephram fans and most probably most fans preferred to pretend that the kid did not exist, but story wise it did. And it was just not authentic and realistic for Ephram to just forget about the kid.

This is why I hate Madisongate so much. It was so poorly executed. If Everwood was in general mediocre show I would have been "Eh what did I expect". The problem was that it was not. Everwood was otherwise great show and in fact even better than most as far as writing/acting goes so Madisongate story just left bitter taste in my mouth.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Have Ephram contact the family and make it clear he would want a relationship with the child, whenever the time is right for everyone. That is what I would have expected from him.
He never got that chance though because Madison put "Father Unknown" on the adoption papers and so he doesn't know who adopted his baby. Besides that, adoption papers are usually sealed so I'm not sure if Ephram would be able to find out who adopted his baby.

At any rate, the whole Madisongate story was a disaster like Koni said and I wish that it had never happened.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread