Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2022, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
This latest assault on children at their school breaks my heart and dismays me. All those innocent children who were murdered and their teacher who died defending them at the hands of some lunatic who walked into a store and bought two AR-15’s and hundreds of rounds of ammunition brings me to tears just thinking about it. With every tragedy like this, people will express sorrow and say their thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families, and politicians will give lip service to calling for change (if they even care enough to say anything or if the situation basically forces them to say something) but nothing ever changes. You can say “guns don’t kill people, people kill people,” but the fact remains that it is way too easy to buy a gun or in this case, an assault rifle, in this country, and that’s especially true in Texas, and I can say that because I live in Texas. There’s no reason why an 18-year-old should be able to easily and legally buy not one but two assault rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

People love to invoke their “Second Amendment Rights” and the Gun Lobby in this country loves to point to the Second Amendment anytime the issue of gun control comes up, but let’s look at what the Second Amendment actually says:

A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Is buying an assault rifle, with the intention of killing innocent people, necessary for the security of a free State? Is someone who buys such a weapon part of a well-regulated Militia? I think not.

You want to talk about rights? Parents should have the right to drop their children off at school and not have them get slaughtered in their classrooms. People should have the right to go to a movie and not get killed. People should have the right to go a shopping mall or a church or a supermarket and not get killed. I could go on with this, but I think that I’ve made my point.

Something has to change, but I know it never will.
I agree with you. But, they didn't learn from Sandy hook. The past week there were several mass shootings before this one in Texas. The self-interest of these politicians matters above all else. Their constituency acts like politics is a football game and you have to be loyal to the home team and I'm not even talking about the severe gerrymandering that's been going on since the Reagan Administration.
Old 05-26-2022, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Outrageous that 50 senators have this kind of power and 90% Americans have none.
What can we do??? I really feel the need to do something but i literally dont know what... There are so many things to be done but with the people in power we have no choice but to let it continue.

I'm so glad I dont have children and will never have children,but there are so many innocent kids out there that dont deserve to live this like.If i had a child, they would not be going to school for the rest of the year, period.

I was scared to go into my grocery store today... its just awful.

So many people are tired of this BS.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-26-2022 at 02:48 AM
Old 05-26-2022, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In Abbott's press conference today he said that the Uvalde school shooter had a "mental health challenge" and the state needed to "do a better job with mental health" — yet in April he slashed $211 million from the department that oversees mental health programs:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/abbott-ca...232258543.html

When are people going to wake up and vote these hypocritical and evil Republicans out?
From what I have heard...this kid did not have any known mental health issues, so...
Old 05-26-2022, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
In Abbott's press conference today he said that the Uvalde school shooter had a "mental health challenge" and the state needed to "do a better job with mental health" — yet in April he slashed $211 million from the department that oversees mental health programs:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/abbott-ca...232258543.html

When are people going to wake up and vote these hypocritical and evil Republicans out?
They are so sickening. I also heard he made a comment that the death total “wasn’t that bad.” Who says this? He’s completely evil and crazy. I don’t know how he was ever voted in but if he wins re-election I don’t even know what to say.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
He seriously is, it's pathetic that the Republicans do nothing about gun control.
It is so vile. Pure evil.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Someone said on Facebook that maybe we should call our schools uteruses so then maybe the Republicans will decide the children within those "uteruses" are worth saving and take up the cause then
Old 05-26-2022, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
What can we do??? I really feel the need to do something but i literally dont know what... There are so many things to be done but with the people in power we have no choice but to let it continue.

I'm so glad I dont have children and will never have children,but there are so many innocent kids out there that dont deserve to live this like.If i had a child, they would not be going to school for the rest of the year, period.

I was scared to go into my grocery store today... its just awful.

So many people are tired of this BS.
I guess the only thing we can do is continue to vote Blue and get these politicians out of there. At the end of the day, we vote in these politicians.

I thought about the same thing regarding children. My nieces are still in college and I can’t wait until they are finished with college. At this point if I had a child right now in elementary school or middle school I would need anxiety medication just to get them to school without having nightmares not knowing if I’m going to see them again after they would leave every morning. School should be a safe haven, a learning institution, not a war-zone.

Yes, it’s not just schools… we are in possible danger going anywhere.

These evil Republican politicians just don’t care. Self interest, money, they are guided by darkness.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Someone said on Facebook that maybe we should call our schools uteruses so then maybe the Republicans will decide the children within those "uteruses" are worth saving and take up the cause then
That’s so true.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I guess the only thing we can do is continue to vote Blue and get these politicians out of there. At the end of the day, we vote in these politicians.

I thought about the same thing regarding children. My nieces are still in college and I can’t wait until they are finished with college. At this point if I had a child right now in elementary school or middle school I would need anxiety medication just to get them to school without having nightmares not knowing if I’m going to see them again after they would leave every morning. School should be a safe haven, a learning institution, not a war-zone.

Yes, it’s not just schools… we are in possible danger going anywhere.

These evil Republican politicians just don’t care. Self interest, money, they are guided by darkness.
I don't even live in the US and I am getting emphatic anxiety for the parents in the US. My heart breaks for those babies.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
They are so sickening. I also heard he made a comment that the death total “wasn’t that bad.” Who says this? He’s completely evil and crazy. I don’t know how he was ever voted in but if he wins re-election I don’t even know what to say.
I didn't hear that because he disgusts me so much I only watched a small part of his press conference, but that doesn't surprise me. Sadly, I do feel that he will be reeelected. Polls are already showing that. This state (with the exception of the major cities, where blatant voter suppression is taking place) is so firmly Republican it's both disgusting and dismaying.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-26-2022, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don't even live in the US and I am getting emphatic anxiety for the parents in the US. My heart breaks for those babies.
YES!
Old 05-26-2022, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I didn't hear that because he disgusts me so much I only watched a small part of his press conference, but that doesn't surprise me. Sadly, I do feel that he will be reeelected. Polls are already showing that. This state (with the exception of the major cities, where blatant voter suppression is taking place) is so firmly Republican it's both disgusting and dismaying.
This is so depressing because Beto O'Rourke seems so great.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is what he said, Jerry...

Old 05-26-2022, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The loved ones of the little victims (and the few adults) literally had to hear the Governor of Texas say... it could have been worse. Imagine.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It's so sadly true.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread