Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2021, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
They sure are
Absolutely. Love that their ratings have declined. Some are getting smart.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes they are
Old 03-19-2021, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

About time.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just read a report about the UK Variant all over the state of Minnesota right now and many other states. Now I wonder if that’s what we just had. Thanks, UK.

At any rate, I wish schools would have just been delayed until everyone was vaccinated. Seems like every time schools reopen spikes happen.

Thank God the three vaccines distributed in this country protect against the variants coming from Europe and other parts of the world.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Teresa and I got our first COVID Vaccine shot, the Moderna Shot, yesterday. We were able to get them at our local doctor's office.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-19-2021, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ That is great.

Four of my family members are going Tuesday to a local hospital for the first vaccine. Myself, sister, brother-in-law and dad. My dad should have gotten his vaccine weeks ago but bad luck with Covid.

I just pray that everyone gets vaccinated soon so these variants don’t take over.

I know what Covid is like. It’s not fun and I had a mild case which never affected my lungs but attacked my sinuses and body as a whole. It lingered and still have mild congestion three weeks later. Dad, as well. Taste and smell finally back. Fatigue better. Fever lasted 6 whole days the first week. I think people think they’re safe going to hospitals/medical clinics for regular appointments. That is where my dad picked it up. These variants are scary.

My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and are currently suffering with this virus.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-19-2021 at 12:27 PM
Old 03-19-2021, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I just read a report about the UK Variant all over the state of Minnesota right now and many other states. Now I wonder if that’s what we just had. Thanks, UK.

At any rate, I wish schools would have just been delayed until everyone was vaccinated. Seems like every time schools reopen spikes happen.

Thank God the three vaccines distributed in this country protect against the variants coming from Europe and other parts of the world.
I'm concerned about the variant from South Africa.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Teresa and I got our first COVID Vaccine shot, the Moderna Shot, yesterday. We were able to get them at our local doctor's office.
That is awesome, Jerry!! Don't you feel like you won the Lottery?!?
Old 03-19-2021, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Betty, did you get Pfizer or Moderna?
Old 03-19-2021, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I'm concerned about the variant from South Africa.
Why that one in particular?

The one from the UK is circling around Minnesota. For all we know, that is the one my dad and I just got over. It would make sense because I am still in shock that my dad picked up Covid at a radiation center. He didn’t go anywhere else. So it must have been a strong strain. Of course someone from the UK told me weeks ago the US is making its own variants, trying to deflect blame and admit it’s coming from her country. I told her in so many words nice try. The UK Variant, which is definitely coming from England where she lives, has hit the United States.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Betty, did you get Pfizer or Moderna?
I got Pfizer.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Why that one in particular?

The one from the UK is circling around Minnesota. For all we know, that is the one my dad and I just got over. It would make sense because I am still in shock that my dad picked up Covid at a radiation center. He didn’t go anywhere else. So it must have been a strong strain. Of course someone from the UK told me weeks ago the US is making its own variants, trying to deflect blame and admit it’s coming from her country. I told her in so many words nice try. The UK Variant, which is definitely coming from England where she lives, has hit the United States.
There is a variant in NY that seems to be a local variant. But.....there is definitely a UK variant out there and here, so tell her to put a sock in it! lol
Old 03-19-2021, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I got Pfizer.
That’s the one I think we’re getting too. Either Pfizer or Moderna and as of a couple days ago it’s fully stocked with Pfizer. From what I have read it is ever so slightly better statistically and apparently side effects aren’t as bad as Moderna but both are pretty much the same.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
There is a variant in NY that seems to be a local variant. But.....there is definitely a UK variant out there and here, so tell her to put a sock in it! lol
Exactly.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That’s the one I think we’re getting too. Either Pfizer or Moderna and as of a couple days ago it’s fully stocked with Pfizer. From what I have read it is ever so slightly better statistically and apparently side effects aren’t as bad as Moderna but both are pretty much the same.
Yes, I believe that Moderna's side affects are worse. The only side affect I got was a sore arm.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread