Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Administrator

I'm so dismayed and ashamed to have this lunatic as the President of the Country that I love so much.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Me too, Jerry.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/u...pgtype=article

So far, Republicans in the House have shown no interest in any additional legislation that would limit guns. Representative Steve Scalise of Louisiana, the third-ranking House Republican nearly killed by a gunman in June, reappeared Tuesday at a House Republican leadership news conference. He said nothing about gun legislation.
Unreal.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I know. Trust me, it's not everyone. I am so revolted. It's really a culture within a culture here. There's many that are just like the two of us... wondering what the obsession is. When I hear about so many from the South loving their guns I am shocked. I cannot relate. You can sort of divide the country when it comes to this issue in certain areas because it's so different depending on what part of the country you are from.
Yeah, it's just so weird personally. Australia fixed up their gun laws 20 years ago after the Port Arthur massacre and there hasn't been an mass shooting since.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I wanted to bring this post over from the last thread, where I answered the question where I thought that Lance Ito, the judge in the O.J. Simpson Criminal Trail, was incompetent:

For one, he allowed cameras into the courtroom which turned everything into a circus, and he allowed Simpson’s defense to intimidate him into making decisions that benefitted them. He also allowed the defense to discredit the police officer on the scene, Mark Furman, by unearthing old tapes where he had used racial epithets to make it look like Furman was trying to frame O.J. due to his race. Ito also faced criticism for seeming to enjoy the press and for allowing too many sidebars, recesses, etc. Overall, the O.J. Simpson Criminal Trial was a travesty of a trial that allowed a murderer to walk free.
Sounds awful. Do you think the trial would have played out differently if the judge was an bit stronger and didn't let the defense influence him so much?
Old 10-04-2017, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You're welcome! I agree completely, Koni.

Las Vegas investigation finds more weapons, but shooter's motive unknown

I cannot believe the amount of weapons/explosives he had.
It's unbelievable for me to have civil people owning so many weapons. In general I do not get the obsession with guns/weapons. If you are military or in the police I get the idea of owning gun and knowing how to use it. I do not know why people want to have gun, let alone more than one.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Sounds awful. Do you think the trial would have played out differently if the judge was an bit stronger and didn't let the defense influence him so much?
Absolutely. To be fair though, the prosecution didn't do a very good job either, and they were outmatched by Simpson's "Dream Team" (as they were called at the time).

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, it's just so weird personally. Australia fixed up their gun laws 20 years ago after the Port Arthur massacre and there hasn't been an mass shooting since.
As long as republican politicians exist in this country our gun laws will never be fixed.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It's unbelievable for me to have civil people owning so many weapons. In general I do not get the obsession with guns/weapons. If you are military or in the police I get the idea of owning gun and knowing how to use it. I do not know why people want to have gun, let alone more than one.
I don't get it either. I wish I did.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I mentioned up thread sexism is a problem in this country and here’s an example:

Cam Newton of Carolina Panthers laughs at female reporter during media session
Old 10-05-2017, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Absolutely. To be fair though, the prosecution didn't do a very good job either, and they were outmatched by Simpson's "Dream Team" (as they were called at the time).
Do you think the prosecution was overconfident?
Old 10-05-2017, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I mentioned up thread sexism is a problem in this country and here’s an example:

Cam Newton of Carolina Panthers laughs at female reporter during media session
Yeah, that comment was so ridiculous.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, that comment was so ridiculous.
He's an idiot.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
He's an idiot.
What sucks is that she tried to talk to him and it became worse. The comment itself is bad, but it's not the worst thing I have ever heard. And if he had seen her point of view afterwards and apologized it would not have been that bad. The fact that he was even worse makes him then an idiot.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Do you think the prosecution was overconfident?
Yes I do. They thought that they had a solid case against O.J. but they didn't, and the defense took them apart with allegations of evidence tampering and O.J. trying on gloves that "didn't fit" prompting Johnnie Cochran's famous "If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit" statement to the jury. O.J. had obviously been coached to struggle putting on the gloves that were found at the murder scene and they had probably been shrunk by the defense, so the whole trial was a farce.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread