Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2019, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Alright
You?
Old 06-01-2019, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
LOL! He didn't give a rip about Brucas and totally agree, same with JP. It was SO obvious he was going there either for the network or to delay Lucas/Peyton. There was zero heart in those pairings, writing-wise. I mean, come on... Pretty Girl? Boyfriend? WTF.

Monster is anything but subtle. He was angry Chad and Hilarie weren't around in the later seasons and we knew that too. He is obvious. He was obvious about not liking Brucas or Jeyton and viewing them as fleeting and not to be taken seriously.

Now, he liked Naley more than that but I think with Naley, the chemistry and the actors believing in the pairing carried Naley even more.

Monster admitted in interviews it was always Leyton, never Brucas or Jeyton. The fans don't believe his words and haven't for years, lol.
Exactly

He wasn't subtle at all lol

They certainly did, no debating that

They never will lol
Old 06-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
You?
The stuff you listed, plus the Ellie arc and Naley's S3 arc
Old 06-01-2019, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It really does. So much unfulfilled potential.
Yep
Old 06-02-2019, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly

He wasn't subtle at all lol

They certainly did, no debating that

They never will lol
Right. LOL.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The stuff you listed, plus the Ellie arc and Naley's S3 arc
Oh yes, those are good too.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
It was obvious he hated Brooke and Lucas together. He wrote them so unhealthy. Even when the network wanted to cash in on the two second marriage, the second time around, it was just as unhealthy and pathetic. Mark didn’t budge. Actually, I’m glad. LOL.

The first time the relationship of Brooke and Lucas happened, it was organic, for little bit and it was honest. Brooke hadn't had a relationship before that went beyond anything physical. She really had no idea how to relate to a guy that wasn't based on sex. She really had no idea what she wanted out of a relationship that wasn't based on sex. So everything was new and sometimes fun for her. She had no idea how to keep a guy interested. I think that's what really made her get really self conscious about her time with Lucas. She knew it was only a matter of time before Lucas wouldn't be interested anymore nad move onto someone else. Sure it was mostly Peyton she was jealous of. But in the beginning, it could've been another girl. It could've been Haley and that 'Dawson Loves Joey' theme all over again. In the beginning, who knew what would happen.

However, after 9 episodes, it was clear (I'm hinting at a certain season 1 episode there lol)...very clear that Lucas' heart was torn. He would never have a clear vision of what girl he wanted to be with. That night, it really showed Brooke new his heart was somewhere else and it would never be focused on Brooke.

After that, honestly, everyone knew it, but some didn't want to admit it (brucas fans lol) that Brooke and Lucas weren't endgame, they weren't meant to be together forever...and that was okay. But the writing, I think really put them Brooke and Lucas in a place where it was almost 'what's the point' of why is this still a thing. Okay, the writing went for the relationship that was Chad and Sophia. Great, wonderful. However, history tells us, that didn't last very long. So you can see and feel the awkwardness between the two actors and it crept into the characters.

Why string the characters on for so long? It took from Season 3 midseason premiere until the beginning of Season 4 for Brooke to realize...it's not going to work. I'm wondering if there wasn't someone else that Lucas was totally interested in, would Brooke have stayed in the relationship so long? I think she stayed so long because she didn't have anyone else. Her parents dumped her and she thought that when Peyton and Lucas got together, she would have no one. Brooke never gave anyone credit to stick around. She never gave herself credit to be enough for someone to want to stick around.

Sometimes I feel for her, but at the end of the day, she was mature enough to realize what she knows will feel good for a minute and what makes her happiest. Unfortunately she chose to what felt good at that moment
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
Honestly, anything Leyton minus some season 5 stuff like the I hate you.

I really disliked Season 5 Lucas. Peyton tried her hardest when walking on egg shells around him to make peace. Peyton knew she was wrong in saying no to Lucas. But what was she supossed to do? Lucas did ambush her in that hotel room with that proposal. They were kids. Not everyone can make it work like Nathan and Haley. It wasn't easy for Nathan and Haley either. Nathan's accident really showed his true colors and Haley as well. It was like gritting teeth watching Nathan and Haley struggle in Season 5. But they made it through it, almost didn't, but they did.

Lucas wanted something to hold onto and who wouldn't? He was holding onto strings with Peyton being in LA and him being in Tree Hill and all they have is Skype and phone calls and occasional visits once a month. Lucas wanted a family. If Peyton realized what Lucas could offer their marriage, she would've said yes. But at that time, what could Lucas promise her?

Lucas knew he wanted Peyton back, but he was so scared that she'd hurt him again. So he went with the easy choice. Lindsay was easy. She went along with whatever Lucas wanted. I just don't get that when Peyton came back, Lindsay acted like Peyton was just a girlfriend Lucas had in high school. She knew the story, she rooted for them to make it when she first met Lucas.

This is where I slam the writing. If you put Brooke Davis Season 4 into Lindsay's post in Season 5, you have the same situation. Lindsay knew it was only a matter of time before Lucas forgive Peyton again. Lindsay thought getting everyone on her side would be like turf wars, like it was high school all over again.

Brooke Davis had the cheerleaders on her side to hate Peyton

Lindsay Strauss had Haley, Brooke, Mia on her side to hate Peyton

You take the old furniture out of a bland room and put new furniture in with the same bland coat, it's still going to be a bland room!

The feelings don't change no matter how much you want to rearrange things. The heart still beats the same, no matter what body it's in.

Peyton knew she Also wish Peyton would’ve told Brooke to back off in season 1.

Peyton/Haley friendship. Needed more though. The episode when they’re stranded was brilliant.

School shooting was really well done.[/QUOTE]
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-03-2019, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
The first time the relationship of Brooke and Lucas happened, it was organic, for little bit and it was honest. Brooke hadn't had a relationship before that went beyond anything physical. She really had no idea how to relate to a guy that wasn't based on sex. She really had no idea what she wanted out of a relationship that wasn't based on sex. So everything was new and sometimes fun for her. She had no idea how to keep a guy interested. I think that's what really made her get really self conscious about her time with Lucas. She knew it was only a matter of time before Lucas wouldn't be interested anymore nad move onto someone else. Sure it was mostly Peyton she was jealous of. But in the beginning, it could've been another girl. It could've been Haley and that 'Dawson Loves Joey' theme all over again. In the beginning, who knew what would happen.

However, after 9 episodes, it was clear (I'm hinting at a certain season 1 episode there lol)...very clear that Lucas' heart was torn. He would never have a clear vision of what girl he wanted to be with. That night, it really showed Brooke new his heart was somewhere else and it would never be focused on Brooke.

After that, honestly, everyone knew it, but some didn't want to admit it (brucas fans lol) that Brooke and Lucas weren't endgame, they weren't meant to be together forever...and that was okay. But the writing, I think really put them Brooke and Lucas in a place where it was almost 'what's the point' of why is this still a thing. Okay, the writing went for the relationship that was Chad and Sophia. Great, wonderful. However, history tells us, that didn't last very long. So you can see and feel the awkwardness between the two actors and it crept into the characters.

Why string the characters on for so long? It took from Season 3 midseason premiere until the beginning of Season 4 for Brooke to realize...it's not going to work. I'm wondering if there wasn't someone else that Lucas was totally interested in, would Brooke have stayed in the relationship so long? I think she stayed so long because she didn't have anyone else. Her parents dumped her and she thought that when Peyton and Lucas got together, she would have no one. Brooke never gave anyone credit to stick around. She never gave herself credit to be enough for someone to want to stick around.

Sometimes I feel for her, but at the end of the day, she was mature enough to realize what she knows will feel good for a minute and what makes her happiest. Unfortunately she chose to what felt good at that moment
Great thoughts.

I think Brooke actually hung on for so long because deep down she knew Lucas was in love with Peyton. In other words, if she didn’t know this or it was some other girl, I don’t think Brooke would have cared and would’ve moved on before she finally did. I think the fact that it was Peyton stung so she tried to hang on for dear life until she couldn’t do it anymore. We saw how hesitant she was to start Brucas 2.0. I think before she ever agreed to try again she knew it was never going to work out. She was so insecure throughout this time period. She was never happy and at peace.

I’ve thought about feeling sorry for her but I just can’t go there. Especially since we found out she had sex with Nathan when Peyton and Nathan were on a break but still connected in that on-and-off status. This revelation, coupled with her manipulating and going for it with Lucas behind Peyton’s back just infuriates me. She knew better in both instances yet still painted herself as a victim.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I really disliked Season 5 Lucas. Peyton tried her hardest when walking on egg shells around him to make peace. Peyton knew she was wrong in saying no to Lucas. But what was she supossed to do? Lucas did ambush her in that hotel room with that proposal. They were kids. Not everyone can make it work like Nathan and Haley. It wasn't easy for Nathan and Haley either. Nathan's accident really showed his true colors and Haley as well. It was like gritting teeth watching Nathan and Haley struggle in Season 5. But they made it through it, almost didn't, but they did.

Lucas wanted something to hold onto and who wouldn't? He was holding onto strings with Peyton being in LA and him being in Tree Hill and all they have is Skype and phone calls and occasional visits once a month. Lucas wanted a family. If Peyton realized what Lucas could offer their marriage, she would've said yes. But at that time, what could Lucas promise her?

Lucas knew he wanted Peyton back, but he was so scared that she'd hurt him again. So he went with the easy choice. Lindsay was easy. She went along with whatever Lucas wanted. I just don't get that when Peyton came back, Lindsay acted like Peyton was just a girlfriend Lucas had in high school. She knew the story, she rooted for them to make it when she first met Lucas.

This is where I slam the writing. If you put Brooke Davis Season 4 into Lindsay's post in Season 5, you have the same situation. Lindsay knew it was only a matter of time before Lucas forgive Peyton again. Lindsay thought getting everyone on her side would be like turf wars, like it was high school all over again.

You take the old furniture out of a bland room and put new furniture in with the same bland coat, it's still going to be a bland room!

The feelings don't change no matter how much you want to rearrange things. The heart still beats the same, no matter what body it's in.

Peyton/Haley friendship. Needed more though. The episode when they’re stranded was brilliant.

School shooting was really well done.
Love your analysis. Nothing more to add!
Old 06-03-2019, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh yes, those are good too.
Yes they are
Old 06-03-2019, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Old 06-03-2019, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

School shooting was really well done.
[/QUOTE]

Old 06-03-2019, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I kind of wish Lucas would've initially gone to a rival school then transferred. How amazing would it have been seeing Lucas and his team beat Nathan's team in the championship game. He could have transferred after the first year OR we could have even seen in flashback mode this taking place and then just started up with him transferring. It's the sports/athlete inside of me who would've loved seeing the two brothers attend rival schools going at it on the court and seeing the "good guy" win. Imagine Dan having to watch not only the son he didn't really care about beat his other son, and Lucas going there with the rival school Dan hated, also.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Why would you have wanted to see that?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread