Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Everwood Executive Producer, Andy Ackerman, has passed away

Quote:
Andrew Ackerman, TV producer and former executive VP for Warner Brothers TV, died July 27 of cancer in Los Angeles. He was 55.

Most recently, Ackerman was co-executive producer for Berlanti Television, in charge of production on "Eli Stone," for ABC.

Prior to that, he worked in the same capacity for Berlanti/Liddell Productions, helping to bring to the small screen both "Everwood" and "Jack & Bobby."

In 2001 Ackerman was executive VP of Production for Warner Bros. Television, where he was responsible for overseeing the production of all Warner Bros. Television series, including: "The West Wing," "ER," "The Drew Carey Show," "Friends," "Norm," "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" and "Third Watch."

He began his career in 1977 at Lorimar Television as a production assistant on mini-series "The Blue Knight."

After joining the Directors Guild in 1978, he served in various capacities on such productions as "A Death in California," "Eight is Enough," "Falcon Crest," "Kaz" and "Berengers."

In 1986, he was named director of production for Lorimar Television, and was subsequently promoted to VP, where he supervised production on series including "Max Headroom," "Homefront" and "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman."

For the 1990-91 season, he was producer on "Gabriel's Fire," returning to his post as VP, Lorimar Television, the next season. In 1993, Lorimar Television and Warner Bros. Television merged and became Warner Bros. Television; Ackerman maintained his post as VP, production.

He became executive VP of production in June 1998.

Ackerman is survived by his partner Jennifer Lence, a daughter, a son and a brother.

Donations may be made to the American Cancer Society
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

Aw.

You hear him on the commentaries for season one. Shaq-Ackerman as Mickey Liddel calls him in "Home"'s commentary. Great resume, obviously, did a lot of great stuff including bringing two of my personal favourite shows of all time to life in Jack & Bobby and Everwood. Very sad.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 08-01-2008 at 05:41 PM
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Awe I'm very sorry to hear this. It is extremely sad. What accomplishments he had. And dying so young at the age of 55. I hope his family and friends find strength during this very tough time. Very sad news.

Thanks for letting us know, Tos.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Aww. That's really sad, I hope his family is getting through it ok. 55 seems too young.

Very sad indeed.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah it really is.

Sorry to hear this news, thanks Tos for letting us know.
EverPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

That's very sad to hear. Like everyone else has said, 55 is too young for anyone to go.

He sure had a career!
Barrybgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

soo sorry!
Slide85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:08 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
TV producer Andrew Ackerman dies - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

Aw.

You hear him on the commentaries for season one. Shaq-Ackerman as Mickey Liddel calls him in "Home"'s commentary. Great resume, obviously, did a lot of great stuff including bringing two of my personal favourite shows of all time to life in Jack & Bobby and Everwood. Very sad.
Yes, my two faves too.

:-)

Hi Tos!
Sorcerer8605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread