Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
Bright himself said that Hannah will do some stuff, just not the actual deed, so I don't know why it's so all important that he 'plow the field.'
Hannah did rule out anything with the word "job" in it. Shower episode means he got to second though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen-
Bright - I can't hate Bright because, well ... he had sex with Kimber (sorry, N/T fan here)
Ya know. I think you just stumbled on a fair compromise. Hannah lets Bright buy his own Kimber doll.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, second base is definitely where B/H were at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
Ya know. I think you just stumbled on a fair compromise. Hannah lets Bright buy his own Kimber doll.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Bright is a bad boy, hannah isnt fulfulling his needs, i think they should break up.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen-
Bright - I can't hate Bright because, well ... he had sex with Kimber (sorry, N/T fan here)
Yeah, I'm a Nip/Tuck fan as well. And whileas I did not see this episode, I saw clips of that scene, and have heard lots about it, and those were my thoughts exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
:rotf: That's definately a good sollution to the problem...
Old 04-26-2006, 04:20 AM
Administrator

I agree that Nina was pretty inconsiderate of Andy's feelings to blather on about proposing to Jake when she knows that Andy is in love with her. I can understand that they're friends, but there's a limit to friendship when romantic feelings are involved, and you could see the hurt look on Andy's face when she talked to him about proposing to Jake, so I think that Nina should have been more considerate of Andy's feelings.

I think that Nina realized that Jake will always put his career (or in this case, his involvement with this addiction support group, which has, in effect, become his career) and other people before her in this episode, so I saw their final scene as the first tolling of the death knell for their relationship.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-26-2006, 04:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKRO
3) And all of this babbling about always being honest with each other is naive at best. There is no such thing as a completely honest relationship (Does this make me look fat? Did you like Terms Of Endearment, honey? Did you enjoy the pot roast?). Telling each other EVERYTHING is a disaster waiting to happen.
MAKRO, as always, your entire post was great and very insightful, but as someone who's been married for a long time, I can definitely relate to this statement!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D
I think that Nina realized that Jake will always put his career (or in this case, his involvement with this addiction support group, which has, in effect, become his career) and other people before her in this episode, so I saw their final scene as the first tolling of the death knell for their relationship.
I agree, Jerry. This was a profound moment in the N/J relationship. A huge turning point. A negative turning point, in fact. I think this moment was definitely "the moment" where the process of the permanent crumbling of their relationship started to take place.

As far as Nina being inconsiderate of Andy's feelings.. I agree with you guys that she should have certainly been more in tune to what she was doing and saying and how that would take a toll on Andy. However, part of me feels like I wanted Andy to say something the moment she asked him if there was any reason why she shouldn't propose. If you notice how she looks at him, I believe it indicates that on some subconscious level, she wanted him to tell her exactly how he feels.

I have commented on this on the A/N thread... I am a firm believer that Nina is running from Andy right now because she knows he's the real deal and it scares the hell out of her. It is safer for her to pursue Jake because deep down, she understands (way in the back of her mind) that it's never going to work out.

So I guess what I'm saying is I don't think Nina is consciously trying to hurt Andy. I think her mind is set up where she is almost blocking things out in order to not deal with the strong reality that she should drop Jake like the bad habit that he is and once and for all, finally face her true feelings for Andy. The true feelings that both Nina and Andy have for each other.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-26-2006 at 11:08 AM
Old 04-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

JERRY D:
Thanks. I always enjoy reading your thoughts also. I wish you had more time to post.

WILPEN:
I never felt that Nina was intentionally hurting Andy. I don't thinik Nina would hurt ANYONE intentionally. My point was that she should have known instinctively that he would be hurt by her prattling on about proposing to Jake and spared him. If she had done this before Andy declared his feelings it would have been fine. We may have known about his feelings before, but she didn't. But he did (finally) declare them, and she has no reason to believe those feelings have changed. What she did was thoughtless at best.
I also have to disagree that Andy should have spoken up. Since he did that before, that ball is in her court. Plus I think Andy is embarrassed that he waited until Nina was with Jake before he spoke up. I don't think he wants to be that guy; the one who tries to take her away from someone else, especially after his experience with Julia. I'm convinced he felt he couldn't speak up.
I also don't think Nina is afraid of the "real thing". I think that is what she wants desperately. And I think she's just facing the fact that she wont have it with Jake. Andy has already told her how he feels; she shouldn't need for him to do it again. She shouldn't need that as a crutch.
Perhaps we should just agree to disagree on this one.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

I agree. He already made his bold (if somewhat misguided) declaration of love to her. She knows how he feels because he laid all the cards out last season. Now it is up to her to do something about it if she feels like it. Besides, she didn't need him to say anything, because the look on his face should have said all that needed to. She should have known that he didn't think that she should marry Jake because Andy thinks she should marry him.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

I agree what you guys are saying. I think Nina defintately should have considered Andy's feelings, and kept in mind what he had announced end of last season. I don't think she did it on purpose. I think she was simply searching for an answer, solid advice, that she did not even think to consider Andy's feelings.

As far as Andy speaking up, I think that could be the best thing or the worst thing for him to do right now. If he starts dropping hints that he still loves her (even tho it's obvious) she could begin to feel pressured and feel suffocated, and turn away from him, which could set them back. OR he could remind her of his love for her and it will help her see the light, ditch Jake, and realize Andy's been the one all along who will love her like no other
Old 04-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

One thing I must mention, though.. I find it interesting how things have flipped since season 3.. What Nina is doing to Andy (which I still think she is running and scared of the real thing with him) is EXACTLY what Andy did to her in season 3. He was blind, clueless, totally insensitive with her. Sure maybe at that point, he officially had no clue how she felt.. However, good Lord, the writing was on the wall! She was giving him every signal possible that she was into him and he was too wrapped up with his stupid affair with Amanda to even notice.

So I guess in my mind, it's a wash. I can't feel totally sorry for Andy right now because of what Nina went through in season 3 due to how insensitive he was about tons of things.

The point is, they will get together when the time is right and when BOTH of them are ready to start dealing with their true feelings for each other.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-26-2006 at 11:06 AM
Old 04-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

I can't say that I feel sorry for anyone on the show right now, except for Hannah since she just got cheated on for what I consider no good reason. Oh, and I will feel sorry for Harold when it comes out that he lied on Rose's medical history.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Banned

It sounds like a lot of you are saying Nina was rude to Andy when she told him she was gonna propose to Jake. I definately agree with that. Nina and Andy have a complicated friendship since Andy has a thing for Nina. Andy has always been a good friend to Nina. I will have to say Nina takes their friendship for granted. She is always dumping her problems and questions onto Andy and wanting advice or for him to fix it. Nina needs to become an independent person and think for herself for once, LOL.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Administrator

One thing that this show does a lot is have one of the characters do something devious (albeit with good intentions) that will have repercussions later. We saw that happen in earlier seasons with Andy not telling Harold that Amy had gotten birth control pills from him, with Ephram writing and sending Amy’s application to Princeton, with Andy forcing Madison to not tell Ephram that she was pregnant, and now that tradition has continued with Harold lying about the fact that Rose had cancer. Personally, I don’t like those types of plot bombs waiting to go off, but they seem to be Everwood’s hallmark.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

^

And whileas this plot can be handy, and useful sometimes, I don't think it should be used 10 times per season. Everwood is better than that. Surely the writers can come up with something better than resorting to that all the time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread