Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Impressive! Did you have to plan it with the restaurant and all that? Since there were so many people and gifts and all that?
Oh, we booked it in advance and told them that week how many people we were expecting and things like that. The waitress pulled it off pretty awesomely as she kind of just casually walked to the back before my dad could really suspect anything. I'm not sure where they hid the presents actually! I guess in the back of the room so he couldn't see them as we were walking in.

Beautiful pictures, Betty! How long were you there for?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)

Beautiful pictures, Betty! How long were you there for?
I was there for a week...returned yesterday. You mean....you didn't miss me?!?
Old 04-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Very excited that my New Zealand friend has arrived!!!!!

Also I would like to apologise for my delay in answering questions on the Hot Seat. It's been pretty stressful making sure everything was ready for Natalie's visit!
I made my icon.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Very excited that my New Zealand friend has arrived!!!!!

Also I would like to apologise for my delay in answering questions on the Hot Seat. It's been pretty stressful making sure everything was ready for Natalie's visit!
That is so exciting, Gaby! What are your plans for her?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
What great pics Betty! And wow! Pretty ladies - and you can sure tell they're related huh?
They look like sisters! Great, beautiful pics, Betty.

You guys remember a few months ago that I mentioned a friend of the family, most notably my nieces, passed away at 19? Well, he was a huge fan of the Oregon Ducks. Crazy about them. He wore the shirts, specialized shoes, decals on his truck, etc. His pride and joy was this huge Ducks flag that he had flying outside flying. Sadly, a week or so ago, someone came along and stole the flag. Completely ripped it from the house, flag holder and all. That was his prized possession of all his stuff. My niece made a huge sign and put it out in the yard asking for it's return. We contacted the local news. How awful. I feel so sorry for his mom. She is still struggling. Needs to take sleeping pills just to get to sleep.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 04-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Barry . That's awful. How can people steal? I would never understand it. I mean I get that some might need money, but this is not the case here. I hope that you will find it.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Barry, that if just awful!! Only scum would do that. His poor mom. She will never fully get over the loss of her child and now this!!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Wow, lots to catch up on!

First of all, BETTY!!!!!! Great pics, thanks for sharing them! Looks like pretty good weather? What did you all do? And, aw, look at your niece and daughter. Very pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni
Geant, that coworker has known for 2 years already. It was pretty hard at first. Now he hopes that at least somewhere abroad (USA or Germany) the doctors will find some type of cure or at least a way to stop the disease progression.
I'm glad that he's hopeful! We'll be crossing our fingers for him. Hopefully he's getting to live and enjoy his life in the meantime. I'm sure you are all helping him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan
Oh, we booked it in advance and told them that week how many people we were expecting and things like that. The waitress pulled it off pretty awesomely as she kind of just casually walked to the back before my dad could really suspect anything. I'm not sure where they hid the presents actually! I guess in the back of the room so he couldn't see them as we were walking in.
Nicely done. Haha, good on the waitress. It was all in her hands not to ruin it! Did the waiters/waitresses come in and sing happy birthday when that happened?

Ooh, hope you two have a great time, Gaby! How long is she here for? No rush on the Hot Seat, it'll be there when you have time.

Oh, Barry. That is SO wrong! I don't understand either how someone could do that. Like...ugh! There are no words. Sick.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I really don't understand it either. It's terrible. They even wrote in their sign to just bring it back. No questions asked. Still nothing. I think my nieces are going to write to the dean of the school next. Maybe get another one somehow.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 04-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I was there for a week...returned yesterday. You mean....you didn't miss me?!?
Haha, I was just unsure! We all missed ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
You guys remember a few months ago that I mentioned a friend of the family, most notably my nieces, passed away at 19? Well, he was a huge fan of the Oregon Ducks. Crazy about them. He wore the shirts, specialized shoes, decals on his truck, etc. His pride and joy was this huge Ducks flag that he had flying outside flying. Sadly, a week or so ago, someone came along and stole the flag. Completely ripped it from the house, flag holder and all. That was his prized possession of all his stuff. My niece made a huge sign and put it out in the yard asking for it's return. We contacted the local news. How awful. I feel so sorry for his mom. She is still struggling. Needs to take sleeping pills just to get to sleep.
As everyone else said, that is terrible! Hopefully they find the idiot who did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Nicely done. Haha, good on the waitress. It was all in her hands not to ruin it! Did the waiters/waitresses come in and sing happy birthday when that happened?
Nah...he would have hated that!!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ooh, hope you two have a great time, Gaby! How long is she here for? No rush on the Hot Seat, it'll be there when you have time.
she is upstate with me for 3 weeks and then we'll have an extended weekend in NYC before she flies to San Francisco on May 7th.
I made my icon.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What did you all do?
  1. The day I arrived, my daughter had a massage and facial scheduled for me.Very relaxing after a long flight.
  2. The next day we went back to Amsterdam, picked up my niece from the airport who was arriving from San Diego, where she is a physician). We spent the next two days touring Amsterdam.. This included shopping, eating, walking and more walking! Went back to the Red Light District (or is it the green light district? ). That place is still unbelievable. In the evening we went on a dinner cruise around Amsterdam which included music, dancing and was lots of fun!
  3. We spent some time in my daughter's town (Den Haag) ...walked, shopped, ate...stopped at numerous outdoor cafes/bars...rode bikes through the tulip fields.
  4. One night we went to watch Richie (my daughter's Dutch boyfriend who is a musician) play.
  5. On the last night of our visit..we attended an Earth, Wind, and Fire concert. It was super!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

how is everyone doing?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
how is everyone doing?
As you can see above^^^^ I just returned from a trip and am doing great!! Experiencing a little jet lag....but that's to be expected.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it sounds like your trip was fun.