Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2022, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 11-11-2022, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)

Awe....that´s so nice!!
Old 11-11-2022, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 11-11-2022, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Thanks Betty!

I'm proud that I served my country.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-11-2022, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks Betty!

Thank you for your service, Jerry!
Old 11-12-2022, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Old 11-12-2022, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks Betty!

I’m so proud of you for serving our country. Thank you for this selfless, beautiful act.
Old 11-13-2022, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Thanks Betty and Michelle!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-13-2022, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Today is the Feast Day of St. Frances Cabrini, who holds a special place in my heart because my favorite teacher of all time was my Second Grade Teacher at St. John's Elementary School in the Kingsbridge Section of The Bronx New York, Mother Cabrini, and I got interested in learning about the original Mother Cabrini through my admiration for her, so my parents took me to St. Frances Cabrini's Shrine at the chapel of Mother Cabrini High School in the Washington Heights Section of Manhattan New York several times.

Old 11-14-2022, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^ Awe! That is so beautiful, Jerry.

Second grade, you started getting to know her... incredible.

Happy Feast Day of St. Frances Cabrini.

Would you tell me more about her? I kind of remember from back in the day but certainly would love a refresher course.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
^^^ Awe! That is so beautiful, Jerry.

Second grade, you started getting to know her... incredible.

Happy Feast Day of St. Frances Cabrini.

Would you tell me more about her? I kind of remember from back in the day but certainly would love a refresher course.
Here is some information on her:

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850–1917) was the thirteenth child of a modest farming family born near Milan, Italy. Her father would often gather his children in the kitchen to hear him read from a book on the lives of the saints. St. Frances was endeared to the stories of missionaries working in the Orient and desired to become one herself, which in her day was a man's role. Turned away from being a nun twice due to poor health, she prayed before the relics of her patron, Francis Xavier, the great Jesuit missionary-saint, about founding a new religious order to evangelize the East just as he did. Pope Leo XIII approved of her order, the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, but instead of sending her to China as she had desired since childhood, he sent her to the West, specifically to America to serve the growing European immigrant population which faced poverty and disenfranchisement. St. Frances Xavier Cabrini moved to New York in 1889 and went on to found 67 institutions—schools, orphanages, and hospitals—throughout the Western Hemisphere. She received American citizenship, and in 1946 became the first United States citizen to be canonized by the Catholic Church. Her ministry left a significant mark on the Americas, creating lasting institutions to educate and care for those in need. She is the patron saint of immigrants, orphans, and hospital administrators. Her feast day is November 13th.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:18 PM
Administrator

On the days I work from home, I really get to see what a hard, hard life Goldie has!

Old 11-16-2022, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Here is some information on her:

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850–1917) was the thirteenth child of a modest farming family born near Milan, Italy. Her father would often gather his children in the kitchen to hear him read from a book on the lives of the saints. St. Frances was endeared to the stories of missionaries working in the Orient and desired to become one herself, which in her day was a man's role. Turned away from being a nun twice due to poor health, she prayed before the relics of her patron, Francis Xavier, the great Jesuit missionary-saint, about founding a new religious order to evangelize the East just as he did. Pope Leo XIII approved of her order, the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, but instead of sending her to China as she had desired since childhood, he sent her to the West, specifically to America to serve the growing European immigrant population which faced poverty and disenfranchisement. St. Frances Xavier Cabrini moved to New York in 1889 and went on to found 67 institutions—schools, orphanages, and hospitals—throughout the Western Hemisphere. She received American citizenship, and in 1946 became the first United States citizen to be canonized by the Catholic Church. Her ministry left a significant mark on the Americas, creating lasting institutions to educate and care for those in need. She is the patron saint of immigrants, orphans, and hospital administrators. Her feast day is November 13th.
Thanks for this.
Old 11-16-2022, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
On the days I work from home, I really get to see what a hard, hard life Goldie has!

She is so beautiful.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Buddy got into two medium-sized potato skins Tuesday evening. I made the mistake of eating them on the couch and keeping the plate on the end table, got up to use the restroom and the paper plate was on the floor when I returned two minutes later with him looking at me like he knew he did something wrong. I panicked and looked up if it was toxic and thankfully it wasn’t. They were medium sized golden potatoes so the skin thankfully was softer and more delicate than a regular potato. In order for him to be in trouble he would’ve needed to eat 20 times the amount practically. At worst it was going to cause an upset stomach. Remarkably, he didn’t have one sign of eating the skins. Thankfully, zero GI distress which I credit to the amazing probiotic he’s been on for almost a year and a half now.

ETA: Talked to the vet this morning just to make sure and she said the potato skins, which I knew, would not cause any issues. The butter might, they worry about the pancreas, and to just watch him closely the next couple days but she's 95% sure he is fine and the probiotic I have him on no doubt is helping too.

So I feel better.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-18-2022 at 08:30 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread