Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2022, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

County High Cafeteria #189: Some of us lack sleep but Peanuts will always give us the answers to life.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 07-26-2022, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Michelle! Great combined title!

I stayed home today because I'm dealing with sciatica which I've had for the last few days. The pain comes and goes, but when it comes it radiates from my lower back to my knee which makes it difficult to walk.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-26-2022, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thank you for it!

Oh no, Jerry!

You’re not going to believe this but I’ve mentioned in the past I get this really weird neuropathic temporal pain on the left side of my head. I actually went to Mayo Clinic for spine issues and then mentioned this pain. It was going to be further investigated down there but then my mom passed a few moths later and never followed up on my spine or this neuropathy. I’ve had these flareups for decades since my late teens even. I’ve never been able to figure out why this happens. It brings me to my knees sometimes, sharp pain in my temple and eye. It will last anywhere from a couple hours to several days. This last flareup started Sunday afternoon out of the blue and just today the sharp pain finally went away (although was better yesterday too but much better today) and now I am left with more of an ache which I will embrace. It’s the left back side of my head where my head and neck meet. I think a nerve gets trapped there. My neck in that area feels tight and sensitive to touch as well and it shoots up pain that goes behind my neck, head, into my temple and sometimes eye. It is terrible. It was so bad Sunday night my dad suggested we go to the emergency room and I said I knew it would settle down because it always does and I’ve had this for decades (even imaging for it). He just hated seeing the kind of pain I was in. I severely massaged the area, iced it and waited it out. It’s all I can do, Advil and Tylenol don’t help that much. It’s just a wait for the nerve to stop firing.

So that is odd we both have/had neuropathic pain right now!

What are you doing for the sciatica? Has to be horrible. What do you feel when you have symptoms and do you have any numbness and tingling or is it just a sharp pain or burning pain? When did your sciatica first get started?
Old 07-26-2022, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Thank you for it!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Oh no, Jerry!

You’re not going to believe this but I’ve mentioned in the past I get this really weird neuropathic temporal pain on the left side of my head. I actually went to Mayo Clinic for spine issues and then mentioned this pain. It was going to be further investigated down there but then my mom passed a few moths later and never followed up on my spine or this neuropathy. I’ve had these flareups for decades since my late teens even. I’ve never been able to figure out why this happens. It brings me to my knees sometimes, sharp pain in my temple and eye. It will last anywhere from a couple hours to several days. This last flareup started Sunday afternoon out of the blue and just today the sharp pain finally went away (although was better yesterday too but much better today) and now I am left with more of an ache which I will embrace. It’s the left back side of my head where my head and neck meet. I think a nerve gets trapped there. My neck in that area feels tight and sensitive to touch as well and it shoots up pain that goes behind my neck, head, into my temple and sometimes eye. It is terrible. It was so bad Sunday night my dad suggested we go to the emergency room and I said I knew it would settle down because it always does and I’ve had this for decades (even imaging for it). He just hated seeing the kind of pain I was in. I severely massaged the area, iced it and waited it out. It’s all I can do, Advil and Tylenol don’t help that much. It’s just a wait for the nerve to stop firing.
I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope that you feel better soon.

Quote:
So that is odd we both have/had neuropathic pain right now!
I know, it's incredible!

Quote:
What are you doing for the sciatica? Has to be horrible. What do you feel when you have symptoms and do you have any numbness and tingling or is it just a sharp pain or burning pain? When did your sciatica first get started?
It's a sharp pain that goes from my lower back to my left leg, and it's sort of crippling when it flares up. I first got sciatica about 30 years ago, and it comes back every once in a while. I lay on a heating pad and I go in my hot tub, which seems to help. It really bothered me last night in bed, but the pain is dissipating today.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-26-2022, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
You're welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope that you feel better soon.

I know, it's incredible!

It's a sharp pain that goes from my lower back to my left leg, and it's sort of crippling when it flares up. I first got sciatica about 30 years ago, and it comes back every once in a while. I lay on a heating pad and I go in my hot tub, which seems to help. It really bothered me last night in bed, but the pain is dissipating today.

I’m glad it’s already getting a little better.

Does rest or activity help it more?
Old 07-26-2022, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I’m glad it’s already getting a little better. :hug
Thanks!

Quote:
Does rest or activity help it more?
Rest seems to help it more.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks!

Rest seems to help it more.
Makes sense.

How does it feel now?
Old 07-27-2022, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 07-27-2022, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 07-27-2022, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Makes sense.

How does it feel now?
I'm back to normal, thankfully. Thanks for asking.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The artwork for Snoopy changed from these early years, but the artwork for the human characters didn't change too much. I guess that Charles Schulz refined his drawings over the years.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm back to normal, thankfully. Thanks for asking.
Good deal.

Are you at the office today?
Old 07-27-2022, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The artwork for Snoopy changed from these early years, but the artwork for the human characters didn't change too much.
That’s so true.

Do you like the older or more modern for Snoopy?
Old 07-27-2022, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That’s so true.

Do you like the older or more modern for Snoopy?
I prefer the more modern Snoopy.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread