Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2020, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

County High Cafeteria #169: Hope Springs Eternal.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Michelle! Great title!!
Old 09-15-2020, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome!

Jerry created the fabulous title.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Michelle!

I'm enjoying my time off. It's so nice to just relax.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-15-2020, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That's great!

Just got done preparing Halupki (Slovak/Polish) and now my dad's dropping some off for sister and family to make tonight too. My very favorite family meal. My mom, my grandma, all my aunts make/made this. My dad learned too since he's awesome and passed it along to children and grandchildren.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
That's great!

Just got done preparing Halupki (Slovak/Polish) and now my dad's dropping some off for sister and family to make tonight too. My very favorite family meal. My mom, my grandma, all my aunts make/made this. My dad learned too since he's awesome and passed it along to children and grandchildren.
That's great! It sounds so good! Teresa makes us stuffed cabbage which is probably similar but not as good.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-15-2020, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's great! It sounds so good! Teresa makes us stuffed cabbage which is probably similar but not as good.
I'm sure it's good!

There's different ways of making it. Really depends on if you make it a basic way or follow more of a specific ethnic part of the world. I've had different types before. Some are very good but I always prefer our Slovak/Polish version since it's what I grew up eating.

When I was a little girl and my maternal grandmother would make it, I would sit next to her at the kitchen table and she would tell stories. I was in heaven. I watched her make it, she would cut me pieces of cabbage to eat (along with other food and drink), and we would talk and talk. She used to make so many and freeze a large potion too. It would take her an entire afternoon to make and boy did I enjoy just sitting there being with her while hearing her interesting stories about the family. This is also a key moment in time when I'd learn more about our psychic gifts and abilities. She would tell me stories about this and I'd ask her questions about my dreams and what I was seeing and sensing. It gave me comfort and knowledge knowing this was a family thing and a gift that so many of us had together.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm sure it's good!

There's different ways of making it. Really depends on if you make it a basic way or follow more of a specific ethnic part of the world. I've had different types before. Some are very good but I always prefer our Slovak/Polish version since it's what I grew up eating.

When I was a little girl and my maternal grandmother would make it, I would sit next to her at the kitchen table and she would tell stories. I was in heaven. I watched her make it, she would cut me pieces of cabbage to eat (along with other food and drink), and we would talk and talk. She used to make so many and freeze a large potion too. It would take her an entire afternoon to make and boy did I enjoy just sitting there being with her while hearing her interesting stories about the family. This is also a key moment in time when I'd learn more about our psychic gifts and abilities. She would tell me stories about this and I'd ask her questions about my dreams and what I was seeing and sensing. It gave me comfort and knowledge knowing this was a family thing and a gift that so many of us had together.
That's so wonderful. You have so many memories to cherish.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's so wonderful. You have so many memories to cherish.
Thanks.

Yes, memories are so important. They keep us close to our loved ones who have passed on.

Were you close with any of your grandparents?
Old 09-15-2020, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks.

Yes, memories are so important. They keep us close to our loved ones who have passed on.

Were you close with any of your grandparents?
I was close with my Paternal Grandmother and I would go visit her a lot when I was a teenager. My other grandparents had already passed away by then. My Maternal Grandmother died before I was born, and my Maternal Grandfather died when I was 11, and my Paternal Grandfather died when I was 12. My Paternal Grandmother died when I was 21.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I was close with my Paternal Grandmother and I would go visit her a lot when I was a teenager. My other grandparents had already passed away by then. My Maternal Grandmother died before I was born, and my Maternal Grandfather died when I was 11, and my Paternal Grandfather died when I was 12. My Paternal Grandmother died when I was 21.
That's sweet you were close with her. My Maternal Grandfather passed when I was 12. I was very close with him too. We played card games, got the mail daily, went to the store, watched sports together. I miss him. My Maternal Grandmother passed when Kris was a couple months pregnant with Anna. She lived to be 93. My Paternal Grandparents I wasn't super close with, not like my Maternal Grandparents, but we were still fairly close and they were really nice people. My Paternal Grandfather passed in his late 80s and my Paternal Grandmother, early 90s.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
Old 09-16-2020, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You're welcome!
Old 09-16-2020, 06:29 PM
Administrator

This is so true:

Old 09-16-2020, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ LOL sadly, that is very true.

Reminds of how "reality TV" Shark Week has gotten. There's still biology/science but there's also endless celebrities that appear. Even a few years ago, Discovery had 90% science, 10% celebrity. Now it's about 60% science, 40% celebrity.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread