Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemappellealvin (View Post)
Never imagined such a coincidence would happen to me. Back then (in autumn 13 years ago) in my country, Everwood (S1 only) was broadcast on Educational Broadcasting System (EBS), under the title of "Everwood, the Town of Love". The network aired S1 by splitting every episode into two parts. The quarrel scene was in the second part, and that was where my journey began.

At first, I just watched the rest of S1 since I thought there would be no re-run at all. However, I found out this was actually a re-run. It's been said the time slot was at midnight when the show aired for the first time (in spring of the same year), and that led to a lot of complaints from the viewers. Later, I had a chance to watch another re-run in the following year. I began from the episode "The Kissing Bridge", thus still not knowing about the existence of the "Pilot" episode then. lol

When it comes to the next two seasons, both was broadcast, being dubbed in Korean. It was a fresh experience to me since I was interested in voice actors at that time. Also, I was curious about what it would sound like if I watch Everwood dubbed in my native language. So sad to know the network stopped airing the show after S3. It took a very long time to watch the full series but I'm glad that I did it.
What a story. Why did the network not air season 4? Bad ratings or another reason?
Old 10-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
What a story. Why did the network not air season 4? Bad ratings or another reason?
Though I don't know the exact reason, I guess it might be due to the plot going somewhat inappropriate to air on an educational network, or negative responses about the dubbed episodes from some of the viewers. I know it's nothing but my opinion.

Last edited by jemappellealvin; 10-08-2017 at 09:10 AM
Old 10-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Though I don't know the exact reason, I guess it might be due to the plot going somewhat inappropriate to air on an educational network, or negative responses about the dubbed episodes from some of the viewers. I know it's nothing but my opinion.
Got it. Either way, so glad you were able to watch the rest of the series.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I heard that This Is Us is really good, but it's emotionally wrenching.
It is, but it's an great show none the less.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The X Files
Old 10-09-2017, 12:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Got it. Either way, so glad you were able to watch the rest of the series.
Come to think of it, my youth time might've affected how I got intimate with the show. I was born and raised in a middle mountainous village surrounded by the woods until I became seven. I guess the days made me prefer calm, peaceful, and relaxing things or places. Crazily funny shows are also my faves but I think I know what I basically like.

Last edited by jemappellealvin; 10-09-2017 at 12:40 AM
Old 10-09-2017, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

YouTube
Old 10-09-2017, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Come to think of it, my youth time might've affected how I got intimate with the show. I was born and raised in a middle mountainous village surrounded by the woods until I became seven. I guess the days made me prefer calm, peaceful, and relaxing things or places. Crazily funny shows are also my faves but I think I know what I basically like.
I feel happiness and peace just reading your description of where you grew up until you were seven. It sounds lovely. I can understand why Everwood would have grabbed your attention with that peaceful mountainous atmosphere. I have a similar story of why I was so attracted to Everwood. I grew up in a big city but before I heavily got involved in sports, ever summer a bunch of my family (immediate and extended family) would head to Western Pennsylvania (where my mom's side is from) and spend the summer months in the mountains/woods camping out, fishing, toasting marshmallows by the campfire at night. Some of my greatest memories as a child take place in Western Pennsylvania in that beautiful, peaceful atmosphere. It definitely reminds me of Everwood's tranquil beauty.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I feel happiness and peace just reading your description of where you grew up until you were seven. It sounds lovely. I can understand why Everwood would have grabbed your attention with that peaceful mountainous atmosphere. I have a similar story of why I was so attracted to Everwood. I grew up in a big city but before I heavily got involved in sports, ever summer a bunch of my family (immediate and extended family) would head to Western Pennsylvania (where my mom's side is from) and spend the summer months in the mountains/woods camping out, fishing, toasting marshmallows by the campfire at night. Some of my greatest memories as a child take place in Western Pennsylvania in that beautiful, peaceful atmosphere. It definitely reminds me of Everwood's tranquil beauty.
I can imagine how beautiful and cherishable your childhood days were. My hometown, too, was where my mom's side is from. Since my dad was absent due to making money, I lived there with my mom and my maternal grandmother. Though I don't mean there were special events, I could grow up as the happiest child ever during the days. Thanks to the memories, the town has become Everwood of my own. I have a habit of listening to the show's soundtracks whenever I sometimes visit there.

Last edited by jemappellealvin; 10-09-2017 at 07:35 AM
Old 10-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I can imagine how beautiful and cherishable your childhood days were. My hometown, too, was where my mom's side is from. Since my dad was absent due to making money, I lived there with my mom and my maternal grandmother. Though I don't mean there were special events, I could grow up as the happiest child ever during the days. Thanks to the memories, the town has become Everwood of my own. I have a habit of listening to the show's soundtracks whenever I sometimes visit there.
The Everwood music was a character on the show. That's so great. We also share the maternal Grandmother thing too... I was very close with my maternal Grandmother. You are so right about Everwood... it's incredible how we can watch the series and almost walk into the town of Everwood and truly experience it. That is the magic of Everwood.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The X Files
Old 10-10-2017, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Supergirl
Old 10-11-2017, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

YouTube
Old 10-11-2017, 05:40 AM