Old 08-28-2022, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

2021-2023 Everwood Rewatch: Episode 3.22 - Where the Heart Is

Rewatch Overview

Where the Heart Is

SUMMARY

With Ephram gone and no longer feeling any significant ties to Everwood, Andy consults with Delia and contemplates accepting a prestigious position with a Chicago hospital. Uncharacteristically upset over this bit of news, Harold takes it upon himself to give Andy a reason to stay. Meanwhile, Jake moves in with Nina, causing Andy to question whether he should rock the boat by telling her how he really feels, and Bright finally admits his feelings to Hannah.

SEASON

EPISODE

AIR DATE
May 23, 2005

WRITER
Michael Green & Rina Mimoun

DIRECTOR
David Petrarca
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Going to watch the episode shortly!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I’ll wait for your comments then I’ll post mine.
Old 08-28-2022, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I’ll wait for your comments then I’ll post mine.
I know itś killing you.
Old 08-28-2022, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My THoughts

We´ve been here before...intense surgical situation....Dr. Andy Brown performing the surgery...worried family pacing in the waiting room. Poor Harold. How understandably frightened he is. He is so articulate even when praying.
Ephram should be there in the waiting room for Amy and Bright. So ridiculous that he left with all this going on.

The haven´t gotten Ritalin for Sam yet?
I can´t imaging comining two households of stuff into one house. Jake is trying to be sweet and considerate with Nina. Too bad he sent her up to the bathroom where she discovered those pills. Poor Nina is always discovering stuff!

How does Topher not annoy AMy?
Bright...catś out of the bag! Amy knows! But...how sweet of Bright not to want to mess up Hannahś life and happiness. He has really come a long way.

Harold, why are you scoulding Andy? You are saying really cruel things and not accurate things. How much is Andy supposed to take? He was following Roseś wishers and her wishes are more important than yours, Harold!
Take that, Harry! Rose is awake!

Good advice, Amy. Hannah needs to break up with Topher because itś just not working for her. There is someone out there better for you, Hannah!

Nina is so comfortable with Andy and can´t talk to Jake like this. Don´t go to Chicago, Andy. Nina would be devastated!
No dating prospects...look at the woman in front of you. What do you mean there is nothing left for you in Everwood. ?!

Topher! TIme stops? You are very easily pleased. lol

Nice analogy, Hannah, comparing your relationship with Topher to a book. Hannah needed to say this because why prolong a relationship if it is not going anywhere?

You had better apologize, Harold! Being worried about Rose was no excuse for being so mean and hurtful.
Andy blinded Reverend Keyes???
Harold is going to miss you terribly, Andy.

Andy, are you going to uproot poor Delia again?How mature of her to make it your choice. I am very surprised that she is not putting up more of a fuss especially since she likes a boy.

I have never seen Jake like this....so angry and at Nina! Of course he is lying about the pills just like Carl lied. Poor Nina is as trusting as ever!

Awe....the whole town came out and Andy bolted. lol I love seeing all of the old patients...especially the kidney doner and his bear.
Rose will keep Andy in Everwood.

For an intelligent guy Topher is pretty slow to comprehend a breakup.
Hannah for an intelligent girl is pretty slow to figure out that Brightś awkwardness is a sure sign that he is into you!

Ahhhh....Hannah is sweaty.

Amy, don´t forget that Edna and Irv were also there to get you through the hard times.

Delia: I haven´t showered yet. We want to see wh would go the longest.
Andy: Great! I´m really proud of you!

Yes, Andy, bravery rocks. Be brave and tell Nina how you feel. Nina is thrilled you are staying.
But you are a little late, Andy. What is Nina supposed to do now? Throw Jake out?

Yup....that´s what you should do, Nina!!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 08-28-2022 at 01:27 PM
Old 08-28-2022, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I know itś killing you.
Not for a friend.

And you have good thoughts and wanted them!
Old 08-28-2022, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

A few quotes I wanted to showcase:

Quote:
DR. ABBOTT (CONT'D): If you don't mind, Lord, a word. I know you're boundless and infinite and problems of individual souls are quite beyond your purview, but try to see it from my side.

[Cut to Operating Room - Dr. Brown is operating on Rose.]

DR. ABBOTT (VOICE-OVER) (CONT'D): When I pray to you, I am fair. I don't ask for favors, intervention, I only ask you for the strength to do right on my own.

[Cut back to Dr. Abbott in the bathroom stall.]

DR. ABBOTT (CONT'D): Or the wisdom to make good choices. I never ask you for anything for myself. Well, I am today.

[Cut back to the operating room - Dr. Brown is looking through a scope to better perform the surgery.]

DR. BROWN: Okay, let me have suction.

DR. ABBOTT (VOICE-OVER): I want you to guide his hands. I want you to guide whatever cells in her body have to fight or die or do whatever they must so that this cancer dies. Taking nothing with it. I am asking you, God.

[Cut back to Dr. Abbott in the bathroom stall.]

DR. ABBOTT (CONT'D): Fix this. Make her better. I offer you no promises or trades, bartering my ears for hers. I'm just asking. Go ahead cast stones at me for my impudence, cast a boulder, I don't care. You fix this.
Quote:
DR. ABBOTT: Shouldn't've even been your patient. You should have let that other doctor with the Andy Brown size chip on his shoulder do what he came to do, but you couldn't could you?

[Dr. Brown turns to face Dr. Abbott once again.]

DR. ABBOTT (CONT'D): Had to play the hero. Feed that volcano god of an ego. You don't care whose life you take as long as it's sacrificed to your self-satisfaction.

DR. BROWN: Harold, I never would've done this if I didn't think I could do the job. I did the best that I could.

DR. ABBOTT: She needed more than that. She needed the best anyone could do. You just couldn't bear that that wasn't you any more.

DR. BROWN: Look, why don't we go inside and see if her condition's changed today.

[Dr. Brown walks toward the building and Dr. Abbott just watches him walk away.]

DR. ABBOTT: What are you even doing here? In Everwood? I thought you came here to give up all that, turn your back on all the false glory or surgery and find meaning. You came here - the quaintest town your money could find, swaddled yourself in flannel and denim, professed yourself a changed man. So explain to me how you keep winding up with a scalpel in your hand. See everything you've set out to do by moving here - you've failed at. You have no family. You haven't quit surgery. You drove your son away. You-you thought this magic little town would save you. Well, it hasn't.

[Dr. Brown's cell phone rings.]

DR. ABBOTT (CONT'D): No town could.
Quote:
[Cut to Dr. Brown's office - Dr. Brown is sitting at his desk, when there is a knock at his door. Dr. Abbott walks in cautiously.]

DR. ABBOTT: May I come in?

DR. BROWN: I don't know. Are you gonna hit me?

DR. ABBOTT: I want to apologize. I said some awful things last week. Well, I said every awful thing. Those words were said carelessly under a great deal of stress not that that's any excuse. Well, it is, but I'm not going to hide behind it.

DR. BROWN: Listen, what you said was right. Maybe not all of it, but more than you think. I shouldn't be here, Harold.

DR. ABBOTT: Well, luckily for me, you are.

DR. BROWN: I've been offered a job in Chicago and I'm considering taking it. If I do, the practice will transfer to your name, the lease will be transferred over to you.

DR. ABBOTT: Andy, wait...

DR. BROWN: The thing is I miss being a surgeon. I really do. I'm good at. It's the only time in my life that makes sense. I gave it up and I'm just as alone as I was when Julia died, so...

DR. ABBOTT: No you're not, I mean forget everything that I said, forget everything you've heard issued from my mouth before right now.

[Dr. Abbott sits down in front of Dr. Brown's desk.]

DR. BROWN: Why? You've seen my resume for the last three years. I've ruined your life a dozen times over, lost Colin, shattered the hearts, destroyed my relationship with my son, blinded a reverend, drove your sister back to Africa, had an affair with a stroke victim's wife.

DR. ABBOTT: Yes, well.... Are you sure?

DR. BROWN: Well, there's one more person that I have to talk to, but yes, I'm sure.

DR. ABBOTT: Is there anything I can do?

DR. BROWN: Let it go.

[Dr. Brown smiles.]
Quote:
DR. ABBOTT: As stubborn as he is unappreciative. Fine. Leave. Just don't. Don't leave. 'Til you to hear the truth.

[Dr. Brown does not respond.]

DR. ABBOTT: You're suppose to say what truth?

DR. BROWN: What truth?

DR. ABBOTT: That you are hardly the failure you make yourself out to be. You think that you have harmed more than you've healed. Well, I've got a train station full of people waiting to disagree with you. Truth be told, I owe for more than what you did for Rose. For better, for worse - probably the latter. You're my best friend. I'm better a person for having you in my life and ruining it. Andy, just hear them out.
Quote:
DELIA: I think you should pick.

DR. BROWN: Me?

DELIA: Yeah. I trust you.

DR. BROWN: You sure about this? 'Cause I'm not known around this house for making good calls.

DELIA: Ephram trusts you more than he says. He may not say it to you, but he does. Just lemme know as soon as you can, because if we're leaving, I should tell Ethan I like him, I was gonna wait 'til next year, but...

DR. BROWN: Don't... Those things should never wait.
Quote:
AMY: Where are you going?

BRIGHT: I'm going to the kitchen.

AMY: Why aren't you in my bedroom making Hannah feel better and telling her how much you love?

BRIGHT: Because first of all, I'm not in love with her. Okay, don't get all extreme. And second, I-I...

AMY: You want?

BRIGHT: I don't know how I feel at all.

AMY: What are you talking about?

BRIGHT: I'm not sure any more. Okay, I mean, it's like maybe I like her. Maybe it's gas. I sure hope you didn't have her break up with that kid just because of me. Because if you did...

AMY: You are so lame?

[Amy hits him.]

BRIGHT: Oww, don't smack me.

[Bright goes to the other side of the island.]

AMY: Now you don't know how you feel. Now that it's actually possible, she's free and you can do something about it, and you don't know.

BRIGHT: What do you want me to do? Okay. A heart's a complicated little organ. I'm sure she'll bounce back. She'll probably have another boyfriend in no time.

AMY: Oh, I'm not worried about Hannah. She's gonna have a million boyfriends, because unlike you, her heart is actually open. And she's one of the bravest people I know. It's you that I worry about, Bright. Gaa, I never knew what a coward you were.

BRIGHT: Oh, would you bite me?

AMY: No, really, you are so freaked out by the possibility of something real, that you are actually gonna ruin the best thing that ever happened to you. I feel sad for you, Bright. I really do.
Quote:
BRIGHT: (to Topher) What's up? (to Hannah) What's up with him?

HANNAH: We broke up again. Although...

BRIGHT: Although, what?

HANNAH: Although, I maybe made a mistake. I don't know. What are you doing here?

BRIGHT: Oh, uh, this sweater, you-you left it at my house, so... I knew you were leaving today, and I figured you might uh...

HANNAH: You don't have to make up an excuse, Bright. It's okay, if you just wanna come over and say goodbye to me.

BRIGHT: Umm, hey, ride to the airport?

[Bright picks up a bag.]

HANNAH: Uh, Nina's taking me, but thanks.

[Hannah puts the sweater in a bag.]

BRIGHT: Okay, so I guess, I'll-I'll see later, whenever like next fall or somethin'.

[Hannah nods in agreement.]

BRIGHT (CONT'D): And, uh, goodbye, Hannah.

[Bright shakes Hannah's hand.]

HANNAH: Bye, Bright.

BRIGHT: All right.

[Bright starts to walk away. Hannah starts to go up to the porch.]

BRIGHT (CONT'D): Wait, no, wait. I didn't come here just to say goodbye to you. Remember at first, when we first met, and you said you liked me, it was-it was really weird, y'know, and it wasn't, y'know, but then we started hanging out and we became friends and you got hot.

[Hannah laughs at Bright.]

BRIGHT (CONT'D): Okay. And I'm not talking about the take your glasses kind of way. I'm talking really... Oh, man,... Just...

[Bright pulls Hannah into a kiss. Hannah wraps her arms around Bright. Bright picks her up and turns her around places her on the sidewalk.]

HANNAH: I feel sweaty.

[Bright laughs and kisses Hannah again.]
Quote:
[Amy gives Rose a kiss and leaves the bedroom and closes the door. Amy walks down the hallway and sees the Princeton housing folder on the table in the hallway. She takes it and throws it in the trash. Dr. Abbott sees her do it.]

AMY: I can't go.

DR. ABBOTT: Amy...

AMY: Dad, hear me out please. I think it's fair to say that I've had pretty much the worst high school anyone could ever have.

DR. ABBOTT: Which is why you deserve to go away and have a magnificent college experience.

AMY: And I will. When the time is right. Do you know what got me through the past few years, through Colin and Tommy and everything?

DR. ABBOTT: Zoloft, if I recall.

AMY: It was you, and Mom, and Bright. It was my family. I needed you guys and you were there for me. You know what, Mom needs me now. And I don't think I could forgive myself if I wasn't there every step of the way. It's a good thing, I promise.

DR. ABBOTT: You know what, I trust you.
Quote:
DELIA: Dad...

[Cut to Brown kitchen - Dr. Brown is having a cup of coffee.]

DR. BROWN: Hey, honey, how's camp?

[Cut back to camp - Delia is sitting on a picnic table.]

DELIA: I haven't even showered yet. We're having this contest to see who can go the longest.

[Cut back to Dr. Brown in the kitchen.]

DR. BROWN: Oh, that's great. I'm really proud of you. Listen, just out of curiosity, how would you feel if we didn't Everwood after all?

[Cut back to camp -Delia screeches into the telephone.]

DR. BROWN (CONT'D): Y'know, if you felt so strongly about it, you should've said somethin'.

[Cut back to Delia at camp.]

DELIA: Yeah, but I know, you never want to do anything unless you think it's your idea. But it's even better now.

DR. BROWN: Why is it better?

DELIA: Because I told Ethan I like him and he likes me back. Now we can actually go out next year.

DELIA (CONT'D): We were gonna be long distance, but now we don't have to.

DR. BROWN: You told him, well that was very brave of you.

[Dr. Brown turns toward Nina's house and sees Nina through the window taking boxes out.]

DELIA: I know, bravery rocks. You should definitely try it sometime.

DR. BROWN: Yeah, maybe I will.

DELIA: Oh, gotta go. We're going canoeing. I'll send you letters, Dad.

DR. BROWN: Real ones. No emails.

[Dr. Brown hangs up the phone.]

[Cut to Dr. Brown rushing out his front door to catch Nina out front of her house.]

Dr. BROWN (CONT'D): Hey.

NINA: You're home. I can't believe I missed the great intervention. I wanted to come, but Jake and I were having this thing and then I had to Hannah to the airport. Plus, you don't know how much I want you to stay anyway already. I mean how many cookies can a girl bake? So, uh, what's the verdict? Did the good people convince you or not?

DR. BROWN: Not exactly. But I've decided to stay.

[Nina jumps into Dr. Brown's arms and hugs him.]

NINA: Oh, thank you. I was going to pretend to be supportive if I had to, but I'm so glad I don't have to. So what did it? Price of living, mountain air, Harold's ties.

DR. BROWN: Oh, a little bit of everything. Let's just say I'm not done with Everwood yet.

NINA: No.

DR. BROWN: No. No. Y'know, when I first got here, I-I thought it was just for my family - for my kids, but over the last few years, this town and the people in it, have become like an extended family to me. Some more so than others. And, uh, because old habits die hard, I-I've taken the ones I cared about most for granted. I've taken you for granted, Nina.

NINA: No you haven't.

DR. BROWN: Yes. Yes. I have. And in the process, I missed it. I missed our moment. We had one, didn't we?

NINA: I don't know what you mean?

DR. BROWN: This thing that we have. This-this, uh, this back and forth, it's-it's more than just a friendship, it's a connection. It's a force that's-that's carried me through the past three years and I didn't even realize it. I didn't even... I didn't even know it until now.

NINA: Didn't know what?

DR. BROWN: That it's you. It's always been you.

NINA: Andy...

DR. BROWN: You were the one who's always been there for me, for my kids. When I first came here, you took me into your home. You took me into your heart. You helped me to heal mine. You did that. I'm not done with Everwood, because that life that I want, the one that you told me that I deserve to have... I can't have it without you, Nina.

NINA: Andy, I don't what to say. I mean, you're a little late.

DR. BROWN: Yes.

NINA: Jake is here.

DR. BROWN: Yes, I know. And I know that you have feelings for him. And I know that those feelings may be stronger than the ones that you had for me. Are they?

NINA: I don't know. How did you know that I had...

[Dr. Brown kisses her passionately.]

DR. BROWN: I don't if what I'm doing right now is brave or just selfish, I honestly can't tell any more. But one thing I know for certain is that - you would be the greatest choice I could ever make. And if you choose me back, I know I can make you happy. If you let me.

[Dr. Hartman drives up with the rest of his boxes in the back of the truck. Nina backs away from Dr. Brown and they look at Dr. Hartman getting out of the truck.]

DR. HARTMAN: Honey, I'm home.

NINA: Hey.

[Dr. Hartman walks up to Nina and gives her a kiss on the cheek. Dr. Hartman heads back to the truck to start unloading. Dr. Brown and Nina just stare at one another.]

{END OF ACT FOUR}

THE END

Old 08-28-2022, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

THOUGHTS

Bright/Hannah: It is interesting watching their scenes during this rewatch because I have a different take on Hannah while going there. I like Hannah in a way I never did in past watches and appreciate the Hannah and Amy friendship in a way I never did either.

So with that said, even if I know how Bright and Hannah evolve... I really loved their moment at the end of the episode because it is something Hannah has wanted from practically the moment she entered Everwood. I love the part when Amy found out Bright likes Hannah... classic sister reaction. Emily played it beautifully. And when Amy was like "Hannah broke up with Topher" and then indicated to Bright to comfort her... his look was priceless and Amy's response was even more priceless. LOL. He was so overthinking everything in the kitchen until his sister once again gave him in a kick in the rear and set his mind back on track. And then when he showed up... you could tell he was trying to figure out the best way to tell her, but he couldn't get it out, and then when he turned away... I like how he came back and was all "Wait, no, that's not why I came here." The "You got hot" was adorable given who both Bright and Hannah are as characters and their relationship from the beginning until this very moment. It was a nice kiss, everything Hannah wanted, certainly what Bright wanted, and I like how Hannah realized (thanks to Amy) this kiss is how you are meant to feel about someone, and settling for anything less is not necessary. It was a pure, sweet moment and honestly there was tons of build up as well. It was appropriate. Minnesota is awesome, let me count the ways, but I am shocked Hannah actually got on that plane after what she just experienced with Bright.

Amy/Hannah: Amy's life is a disaster right now but due to maturity, being grounded, having tons of experience, she is able to take her situation with Ephram and even her mother, and also focus on giving Hannah the best advice she can give in order to make Hannah happy. She even got Hannah ice cream after her break up with Topher (even if she had to break up with Topher twice, lol). I love Amy's role in this episode and how she helped along Bright and Hannah. Honestly, she did it for her brother, but mostly for her best friend, who has been there for her throughout everything Ephram-related and will continue to be there for her the rest of the series. What a beautiful friendship Amy and Hannah have together.

Amy/Bright: Amy helped Bright out in this one tremendously. Amy was not going to allow Bright to overthink the Hannah situation and get spooked. No way was she going to allow him to mess things up. She made sure during the kitchen scene that Bright got his head on straight and I loved seeing the sibling interaction.

Andy/Nina: The chemistry Treat and Stephanie have together in this series is so underrated. It is not talked about enough. They have such a natural, compelling, believable chemistry. You feel the best friendship between Andy and Nina, you feel the constant circling of romantic feelings between Andy and Nina, you feel the depth of emotions, love, and connection between these two. Their past relationships and what Andy had with others (besides Julia) and Nina with her ex and Jake is nothing compared to what Andy and Nina have together. Their interaction throughout the episode was a mini-build up to the dramatic moment at the end of the episode. The hard drinks together was a great moment and of course I loved Nina naturally acknowledging that Andy did miss the moment because there certainly was a moment. Everything Andy said to Nina was perfection. This moment summed up everything they had been through and what is to come between these two who have been meant to be from the very beginning. A case can be made that maybe Andy should have pulled a Bright and waited for Nina to be single instead of going in with the kiss, but it was also a long time coming for Andy and Nina and felt appropriate in every way. The kiss was needed to stun Nina because as we know, she will be passive and in denial for a while after this moment so she needed to remember what Andy said to her as well as the very mutual kiss between them. I cheer on this moment during every watch. We had been waiting for this since practically the Pilot. I have shipped Andy and Nina since The Pilot, waiting for Andy to utter that precise speech to Nina. It was refreshing to finally hear it! It only took Andy three years to see the light, but it happened! The kiss? They were both into that kiss. Nina was feeling it with Andy just as Hannah was with Bright... thus, the parallel. I love that Andy Brown had the guts to finally go there, he did not hesitate.

Ephram: I have been mad at him for many episodes in a row but his absence was definitely felt in this one. When Andy went into his room and looked around sadly it was such a powerful moment.

Rose: Thank God her surgery went well. The beginning of the episode really made you wonder what was going on due to Harold so angry at Andy initially. I was so happy to see her on the road to recovery. And I'm glad Andy did the surgery. I remember initially when I watched this episode live I was concerned about Andy doing the surgery and screwing it up. He had been through so much and really needed this "win" and I felt like for as much as this win would have helped him given everything in the past that caused pain, if he lost and screwed up, Andy would have never been able to recover. It was refreshing he got the "win" because he really needed it. I also love how Rose gave Andy support when he considered taking the job in Chicago. It was her words that ultimately allowed him to stay in Everwood.

Topher: I gave him the benefit of the doubt from the start and even felt sorry for him when he was essentially a punching bag for Harold in the last episode and Bright got his shots in several episodes in a row. But when he showed up to pick Hannah up to take her to the airport for Minnesota I got annoyed. LOL. How on earth did he not realize Hannah politely and kindly broke up with him? Come on. I do not see a scenario where he could have misunderstood what Hannah was saying. She was gentle but very clear. Bye, Topher.

Andy/Chicago: I know that many people thought it was ridiculous of Andy to consider moving to Chicago and he missed surgery. I am not one of them. It made sense to me because there was a large point being made. Harold's words hit Andy like a ton of bricks. Andy ended up realizing he made so many mistakes and really didn't accomplish anything after they moved to Everwood (in his mind). He messed up surgeries, did really horrible things like date Amanda (RIP, Heche), caused his son to bolt for Europe, etc. He did not feel like any changes he tried to make ever happened. So why not become a surgeon again? He got a thrill and high and was once very good at being a surgeon. Why not start over in a bigger city more like NYC, not a stuffy small town and just go back to what he was once very good at because in his mind, EVerwood was a failure. It made complete sense to me why he considered moving to Chicago and taking the job.

Andy/Delia: I love these two and how great is Delia? I like how Delia handled the situation... she did not freak out, was mature and understanding of the situation and literally left it up to her father to decide what was best for them. Remembering the Pilot and how both Ephram and Delia freaked out and got mad over leaving NYC and now seeing Delia mature, calm, and trusting of her father was amazing and very telling. Andy, you have accomplished some things in Everwood after all. What a wonderful reaction by Delia. And her scream when she found out they were staying in Everwood along with her excitement at camp over Ethan liking her back was pure cuteness. Delia deserves this and it is great seeing her so happy overall even if she is sad over Ephram. The shower comment about them waiting to see who can go the longest without one was hilarious. LOL.

The Town/Past and Present Patients/Medical Cases/Harold's Intervention: I loved the intervention... it was pretty neat how all of Andy's past medical storylines were there (even the bear!) along with the quirky Townies. While the bear was a bit too much, I kind of liked how Hallmark this moment was for Andy (Mick! LOL) because I do think he needed to hear from everyone, especially Rose. Harold did a good thing making it known that Andy was not a complete failure and they all wanted him to stay in Everwood. I know some in the past complained it was a lot like "It's A Wonderful Life" but who cares? It was quite fitting and worked overall.

Amy: It was nice to see how she immediately picked up on Bright's affection for Hannah, and her reaction was dead-on, thanks to the amazing Emily VanCamp and I feel like if it wasn't for Amy's words to Bright, Bright might have let Hannah leave without admitting his feelings to her. Amy's reaction was adorable, her words to Bright were sage-like, helping Hannah every step of the way, and overall how this very grounded mature young woman who has been through a lot, put the needs of others close to her in front of her own, was so beautiful. Speaking of, Amy's interaction with Harold was fantastic. I love that Amy is not totally consumed by her pain over Ephram and the break up. This shows tons of growth on Amy's part. She was so consumed by the Colin situation in S1 and rightfully so given how serious and intense it was. She was also much younger back then too. She is older now and has shown great maturity after dealing with the pain over the break up and how Ephram had been treating her. She could still be there for her friend, Hannah, and her brother, certainly her mother. Let us not forget her severe battle with depression. She has grown so much. She even understood she had to push aside Princeton. She needed it not just for her mother but for herself. I love how she recognized that her journey for years has been a rough one and as a result, her maturity and intellect allowed her to make these decisions with ease after calm, careful thought. I love Amy Abbott's grounded intelligence and caring for those around her.

Harold/Amy: As mentioned, the lack of Ephram and Amy certainly allowed Tom and Emily to get way more scenes which I appreciate so much. I love how Amy asked Harold if he needed anything, and then her slow, mature, kind, intellectual way she explained to Harold how she needed a year off from college because of her mother, and also given everything she had been through. I love how she found a way to reach Harold so that he understood completely. The speech was delivered expertly. It was beautiful and Harold telling Amy he trusted her was the cherry on top. I feel this was one of the greatest scenes to date in the series because it showed Amy's growth, maturity, and just how far along Harold and Amy have come where Amy can express her needs (even about something as big time as Princeton given how much it means to Harold) and Harold could simply tell his daughter he trusts her. Growth at its finest.

Harold/Andy: I do feel that Harold went overboard when he unloaded on Andy. But he was stressed, said as much, and more than made up for it with his apologies and attempts to get Andy to remain in Everwood. I also completely buy that these two are best friends. Like Andy and Nina really summing up their journey to date (and Bright and Hannah as well), Harold and Andy kind of did the same in this episode as well. It was nice to see. Andy giving Harold the long speech about his past and everything he messed up. As a viewer, I felt satisfied hearing Andy list everything because it was a form of therapy for him, but also, it was great hearing him mention how wrong his affair with Amanda truly was. Harold and Andy suffered with lack of scenes this season all due to rotten Madisongate, but this episode brought the best friends back together very nicely. Harold yelling at Andy, taking his anger back some, then expressing his true feelings, getting Andy to stay, while Andy had a therapy session of sorts admitting his past faults, but with Harold giving him the strength to turn the page right in Everwood was perfect.

Ephram/Amy: We really have had a torturous season (give or take a few good moments) if you think about. First off, finally, Ephram and Amy get together, but we have Ephram returning from NYC (a place he just shared nice moments with Amy) all confused and they had a temporary break, and then overall still tainted and clouded due to the lingering Madison bomb that circled around them all season long. We finally received The Reflex, only for their short-term intimacy and happiness to be immediately taken away due to Ephram going to see Madison's band, causing a rift between them due to his lie, no matter how innocent his intentions were. Princetongate was also added to the mix, which gutted Amy while Ephram was dumping her over Madisongate. Madisongate and Ephram and Amy are not the same from this point on. Princetongate unravels and things are out of control and to the point of their eventual break up. So, it is safe to say that this season was not the greatest season for Ephram and Amy, which really sucks because it should have been a good one, seeing that they finally got together romantically. So, in the finale, not only was Ephram missing, but there was not even a mention of Ephram by Amy. I wanted something to be honest, even Amy glancing at a picture but we did not get one. It kind of goes against what I said about how Amy needed this time alone to heal over so many things. Sure, this is true. But at the same time it might have been appropriate to add just one tiny moment of Amy thinking of Ephram just like Andy was looking at Ephram's room.

Jake: At the beginning of the season when the show was live, Scott Wolf mentioned that his character, Jake, was "a wolf in sheep's clothing." He was clearly stating that Jake had a dark side and it was this episode that we finally got a glimpse of what Scott Wolf meant. Jake's anger during the scene where he threw the remote and got so pissed off was quite telling. Of course, we know the pain medication and Jake's lame excuse to Nina was a massive red flag. Jake's explanation about needing them for a sprained ankle was weak. I do not know of many people who need strong pain killers for even a temporary broken limb (but see Treat's Mick from Chesapeake Shores, lol) let alone a slight sprain. We are not talking a severe, lingering nerve and muscle issue like back or nerve pain in general. Not buying it. He did not have major surgery. He turned his ankle, nothing that Advil couldn't help him with. Nina is really gullible. You combine his aggressive behavior throwing the remote and acting very angry, along with finding the pain killers and there are obvious red flags there that should have been pursued by Nina. Instead, she just believes him. Andy even told Nina she needed to be direct and honest about things with Jake which she did, but to just accept that lame excuse which did not add up shows the journey of denial Nina is on right now. She has Sam to worry about as well and now there are pain killers, remotes flying in her own home with a man she really doesn't even truly know just yet. She is going to continue denial about Andy as well. This sucks. Nina, you are smarter than this. I also cannot stand when Jake calls Nina babe. It gets on my nerves so much.

Edna/Irv: Very disappointed in the lack of Edna and Irv in this season. Even in this episode they basically attended the party Harold set up for Andy and that's really about it. I don't mind when they're in limited moments in episodes such as the hospital scene with Edna rubbing Amy's back... now that was great use of limited moments but this was a season finale so it would have been nice seeing them for more than two seconds. Madisongate, Jake, and Amanda are to blame which is frustrating because as we know, none of those things/characters matter to the heart of the story or long-term in the least bit.

Harold: Cue Natalie Merchant "My Beloved Wife" tune over an image of a distraught Harold Abbot praying in a bathroom while Andy starts destroying the tumor. Wow, just wow. Tom Amandes was magical in this scene. Even as Harold was walking to the bathroom bumping into people in the hall felt so real as it captured Harold's desperation and slight unraveling. The look of despair and anger on Harold's face said it all. Tom was incredible.

Overall this was a good season finale. I don't think it was as good as the previous two, and certainly Ephram was missing from this episode. I do believe we were meant to feel it. I certainly did.

We have completed three seasons now. One more to go! Rina is also not as featured as showrunner in S4 with Berlanti all over S4 to close out the series.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-28-2022 at 10:44 PM
Old 08-28-2022, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My THoughts

We´ve been here before...intense surgical situation....Dr. Andy Brown performing the surgery...worried family pacing in the waiting room. Poor Harold. How understandably frightened he is. He is so articulate even when praying.
Ephram should be there in the waiting room for Amy and Bright. So ridiculous that he left with all this going on.
So very true, the familiarity.

Exactly right, Ephram should have been there. At the very least, he should have checked in and been aware of what was going on. I guess we don’t know if maybe he contacted Bright but I doubt it and even if he did it wasn’t important for the writers to tell the audience about it.

Quote:
I can´t imaging comining two households of stuff into one house. Jake is trying to be sweet and considerate with Nina. Too bad he sent her up to the bathroom where she discovered those pills. Poor Nina is always discovering stuff!
Exactly. Sam is certainly more wired than the average kid his age. The house got even smaller and stressed now that Jake is there. Poor Nina is right. You can tell just like what she found with her ex-husband, she understands this is more with Jake as well even if she lets it go.

Quote:
Bright...catś out of the bag! Amy knows! But...how sweet of Bright not to want to mess up Hannahś life and happiness. He has really come a long way.
I wondered the same thing with Amy. LOL. I think she’s so happy for Hannah she is going to see Topher positively until Hannah tells her not to.

Bright really has feelings for Hannah when he’s all selfless.

Quote:
Harold, why are you scoulding Andy? You are saying really cruel things and not accurate things. How much is Andy supposed to take? He was following Roseś wishers and her wishes are more important than yours, Harold!
Right? I didn’t like what Harold said either even if it probably helped out Andy. Still, it was so rude and disrespectful.

Quote:
Good advice, Amy. Hannah needs to break up with Topher because itś just not working for her. There is someone out there better for you, Hannah!
Really good friendship advice!

Quote:
Nina is so comfortable with Andy and can´t talk to Jake like this. Don´t go to Chicago, Andy. Nina would be devastated!
No dating prospects...look at the woman in front of you. What do you mean there is nothing left for you in Everwood. ?!
Exactly. Harold’s words were cruel but it sent Andy into self reflection mode. I think he needed it because he felt so guilty and alone without Ephram.

But the scene here between Andy and Nina is probably more special than the kiss. You see the entire package as best friends, with so much more.

Quote:

Quote:
Nice analogy, Hannah, comparing your relationship with Topher to a book. Hannah needed to say this because why prolong a relationship if it is not going anywhere?
Hannah’s words were absolutely perfect which is why I have no idea how Topher didn’t understand what she was saying. That was like one of the most beautiful break ups I’ve ever witnessed. He had no idea.

Quote:
You had better apologize, Harold! Being worried about Rose was no excuse for being so mean and hurtful.
Agreed. Harold had to apologize and if Andy would have moved to Chicago he would have regretted his words.

Quote:
Andy, are you going to uproot poor Delia again? How mature of her to make it your choice. I am very surprised that she is not putting up more of a fuss especially since she likes a boy.
Right? Delia was so sweet there. What a great difference to the Pilot when they were upset over Everwood. Now Delia trusts her father.

Quote:
I have never seen Jake like this....so angry and at Nina! Of course he is lying about the pills just like Carl lied. Poor Nina is as trusting as ever!
Right! This was such a huge red flag. Nina, you have Sam who definitely acts like he has ADHD, you don't even really know Jake that much, not like Andy... and you are witnessing weird behavior, aggressive behavior, and pills for not even a broken limb? RED FLAGS. Remember your ex-husband who lied to you!

Quote:
Awe....the whole town came out and Andy bolted. lol I love seeing all of the old patients...especially the kidney doner and his bear.
I thought it was awesome the entire town came, especially since most of them hate Harold but he got them to make an appearance for Andy.

Rose arriving was great.

Quote:
Hannah for an intelligent girl is pretty slow to figure out that Brightś awkwardness is a sure sign that he is into you!
Yes, Topher not understanding is crazy.

Hannah and Bright...

Quote:
So sweet!

Quote:
Amy, don´t forget that Edna and Irv were also there to get you through the hard times.
100%.

Quote:

Quote:
Yes, Andy, bravery rocks. Be brave and tell Nina how you feel. Nina is thrilled you are staying.
But you are a little late, Andy. What is Nina supposed to do now? Throw Jake out?

I loved that moment! I had been waiting for it since the very beginning of the series.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-28-2022 at 03:39 PM
Old 08-28-2022, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

This ep felt a bit like a series finale? It was kinda cool seeing all the old patients though. However, that one dude was so gross. The “sex at 12” “nice” joke was DISGUSTING. WTF was that???

Amy being excited about BrIght/Hannah was so funny. But her telling him to tell Hannah was too much. Pushing is going to make him pull away. I hate how pushy Amy is with this.

I felt bad for Topher but you can’t choose who you like… I HATED the bright/hannah kiss tho lmao. Not that they did it, but I found it so awkward. It would have been better for him to give her a nice speech instead of just saying she was hot??? idk. That was weird imo.

Harold was right that Andy shouldn’t have done the surgery. But him going off about Andy losing his son was awful. Too far Harold. He often takes things too far.

Andy putting the decision on Delia and wanting to move again I think is frustrating. I’m surprised she wasn’t more upset… But I am glad he wanted to stay in Everwood. Though it made the whole SL a bit dumb.

Personally, I thought it was weird without Ephram.

Amy was right to defer college imo. Her mom is more important than school and it will still be there in a year.

I would have liked Andy’s confession to Nina better if they had more interactions and moments this season. But it just kinda felt tacked on. IDK, I wasn't really vibing with that scene. I feel like Andy is just too late... ugh. This rewatch has made me not root for them as much. I just dont think they've been written well.

I do think it seemed obvious that Jake was lying about the pills.

Top 5 this episode:
1.Andy
2.Nina
3.Amy
4.Deliah
5.Harold

But honestly, this was hard because I feel like none of them really stood out to me.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 08:13 PM
Administrator

I absolutely loved this incredibly touching episode, where a despondent Andy, feeling that he had failed at everything since he had come to Everwood, considered taking a Head of Surgery position in Chicago, but he received encouragement and support that he never expected from someone who had once been his chief rival, and the theme of “where the heart is” resonated throughout this episode, as some of the characters that we’ve grown to love so much finally realized where their hearts were. The theme of courage also resonated through this episode as some of the main characters found the courage to speak from their heart, and express what was in their hearts.

We saw the episode begin with Andy getting ready to operate on Rose and Harold, Bright and Amy were anxiously waiting outside in the waiting room for any news on her condition. We saw Harold go into the bathroom and pray for Rose as he poured his heart out to God and asked Him to fix this and make her better in an incredibly poignant and moving way, which was one of the many scenes in this episode which moved me to tears.

The episode then switched to Jake moving everything in his apartment and from his place in LA to Nina’s house, but then Nina found a bottle of pills that were prescribed to Jake, which concerned her, and we got to see the first cracks in Jake’s false suit of shining armor in this episode as we saw he wasn’t the nice guy he pretended to be, and we saw that he was hiding secrets about who he really was from Nina.

We saw Bright, Amy, Topher and Hannah at lunch, and Amy realized that Bright liked Hannah and she told him that he needed to tell her, but Bright said that Hannah had a boyfriend and he nervously came up with excuses why he shouldn’t tell Hannah about his feelings for her, and Amy seemed amused by this turn of events.

I hated seeing Harold admonish Andy for offering to operate on Rose, and his words were unnecessarily cutting and cruel and they went below the belt. I hated seeing this side of Harold manifest itself where he would go for the jugular when he was upset, and he was at his worst in the early part of this episode. I hated seeing Harold tell Andy that he failed at everything he had come to Everwood for, and that he had no family, he had lost his son, and every word he said seemed to designed to inflict as much pain as he could on a man who had done so much for him.

I enjoyed seeing Amy and Hannah’s conversation about Topher as Hannah admitted that she really didn’t have any romantic feelings for Topher and that he didn’t make her feel “sweaty,” and Amy told her that she should break up with him and that there might be someone out there who would make her feel “sweaty” but Hannah said that she wasn’t ready to do that yet.

We saw Nina at Andy’s house and she asked him what Percocet was for, and she expressed apprehension about her relationship with Jake, and Andy told her that he was considering taking a job offer in Chicago, and that he had ruined everything that he had touched in Everwood and that there was nothing left for him as he looked into her eyes.

We saw Topher and Hannah come out of a restaurant and they kissed, but she told him that she didn’t feel the same way about their relationship as he did, and she felt that their relationship wasn’t progressing like she felt it should, and she broke up with him.

I was glad that Harold came and apologized to Andy as he realized that what he said was wrong and it was said under stress but that was no excuse, but Andy said that he was right and that she shouldn’t be there and that he was considering taking a job offer to be the head of surgery at a hospital in Chicago, and he recounted every failure he had since he got to Everwood, from losing Colin, to running Linda off to his affair with Amanda, and he felt that it was time for him to leave. Harold seemed heartbroken when he received this news, and he asked if there was anything he could do, and Andy sadly and resignedly said “let it go.”

Back at the Abbott house, we saw Harold tell Amy that she needed to fill out her application for housing at Princeton, but she said that she wanted to defer her admission to Princeton for a year to help take care of Rose, but Harold wouldn’t hear of it.

We saw Andy sadly look at Ephram’s empty room and then he went to talk to Delia and he asked her about the possibility of moving from Everwood to Chicago, and she asked him “What do I get if I say yes?” and he replied that it wasn’t going to work that way this time and he reminded her about the horse she never got, and that this time he was going to treat her like an adult and they were going to make this decision together, and if she didn’t want to go they wouldn’t go, and she told him that he should make the choice and that she trusted him, and that Ephram trusted him more than he would ever admit, and once again, Delia showed a wisdom beyond her years, and she also showed that she had a kind and understanding heart, telling her father what he really needed to hear at that point.

We saw Amy and Hannah talk about her breakup with Topher and then Amy told Bright that he should tell Hannah how he felt, but Bright demurred as he was uncharacteristically afraid to put his heart out there, and Amy yelled at him that he was so freaked out at something real that he was going to ruin the best thing that ever happened to him and she called him a coward and she said that she felt sorry for him.

We saw Nina and Jake have a big argument and he accused her of being passive-aggressive and hiding something from him, and then she told him that she found his Percocet, and he came up with phony excuses as to why he was taking them, but it was patently obvious that he was lying.

We saw Harold and Andy walk into their office and all the people whose lives that Andy had touched were there, and Harold said that he wasn’t the failure that he thought he was at all, and for better or for worse (and in typical Harold fashion he said probably the latter ) Andy was his best friend, and that he was a better person for having Andy in his life, and once again, I was moved to tears, much to the amusement of Teresa! I loved seeing different people tell Andy how he had touched their lives, and it was amusing seeing Harold treat some of them in his usual disdainful way, but it was so moving when Rose told him that he wasn’t going anywhere and he agreed to stay.

We saw Topher, apparently unaware that Hannah had broken up with him, offer to take her to the airport, but she told him again that they had broken up, and he left, feeling sad and dejected. I actually felt sorry for Topher because I did think that he cared for Hannah in his own way, but he was even more awkward than she was, and there was no chemistry between them.

We then saw Bright come to see Hannah and he found the courage that Amy had told he lacked and he expressed his feeling for her and he kissed her, and she was overjoyed as Rina er, I mean Hannah, finally got the boy of her dreams.

We saw Amy throw her housing application away and she told a dismayed but understanding Harold that him and Rose and Bright had been there for her when she was at her lowest point, so she needed to be there for them now, and Harold lovingly said that he trusted her.

We saw Andy call Delia and tell her that they were staying in Everwood and she screamed with delight and she told him that she found the courage to tell the boy that she liked that she liked him, and he told her that he liked her, and that being brave was good and that he should try it sometime.

Andy seemed to take Delia’s words to heart as he went to see Nina, and she embraced him when he told her that he was staying in Everwood, but Andy finally declared his feelings for Nina as he told her that he had taken her for granted and that she was the one that he loved and it had always been her from the day that he met her, and she helped him to heal his heart, and he passionately kissed her, and that after all the bad choices that he had made that she would be the best choice that he could make, but Nina, overwhelmed by his sudden declaration, told him he was a little late, and before she could say anything else, Jake pulled up and said “Honey I’m home,” ending this season on an ambiguous note.

Overall, I really loved this episode and its theme of people finding where their hearts truly were, and I’m looking forward to Season Four as the darkest season in the history of Everwood came to a close.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
My THoughts

I agree. Season Three ended much like Season One did with focusing on Andy as a surgeon, only this time it had a much happier outcome.

Quote:
I know! Sam is so hyper and annoying! We really got to see the beginnings of the real Jake behind his affable mask in this episode.

Quote:
Because Amy has a kind heart and he was Hannah's boyfriend.
Quote:
Bright really did come a long way. To be honest I was surprised that Amy was all for Bright telling his feelings to Hannah as she knew his track record with women.

Quote:
Harold was so unbelievable cruel to Andy and he really hit below the belt and a lot of what he said wasn't even true.

Quote:
Amy really did give Hannah some good advice in this episode.

Quote:
At that point, Andy felt that Nina was lost to him, and he felt that he couldn't say how he felt about her.

Quote:

I felt sorry for Topher because he was a nice guy and he meant well, but he just wasn't the right guy for Hannah.

Quote:
Andy didn't blind Reverend Keyes. That was a completely untrue and horrible thing for Harold to say to Andy. Yes, I get that Harold was upset and worried about Rose but he had no right to say the things he said to Andy. I'm glad that he apologized.

Quote:
Andy, are you going to uproot poor Delia again?How mature of her to make it your choice. I am very surprised that she is not putting up more of a fuss especially since she likes a boy.
I loved that scene between Andy and Delia and she told Andy what he really needed to hear about Ephram.

Quote:
Like I said, we started to see the real Jake in this episode and he would just get worse next season. I wish that he had gone back to California in this episode instead of moving in with Nina.

Quote:
I loved that scene and seeing all the people that Andy had helped come out.

Quote:
I thought that Topher coming back was a bit much, and I felt sorry for him. Hannah never thought that Bright would like her so I can understand why she didn't pick up his signals.

Quote:
That was sweet.

Quote:
That's true, but I think they were trying to make the point that she wanted to be there for Rose.

Quote:

Quote:

They were just setting up next season's love triangle.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-29-2022, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
THOUGHTS

Bright/Hannah: It is interesting watching their scenes during this rewatch because I have a different take on Hannah while going there. I like Hannah in a way I never did in past watches and appreciate the Hannah and Amy friendship in a way I never did either.
I feel the exact same way. I have much more of an appreciation for Hannah this time around and I now see Amy and Hannah's friendship as genuine now instead of forced.

Quote:
So with that said, even if I know how Bright and Hannah evolve... I really loved their moment at the end of the episode because it is something Hannah has wanted from practically the moment she entered Everwood. I love the part when Amy found out Bright likes Hannah... classic sister reaction. Emily played it beautifully. And when Amy was like "Hannah broke up with Topher" and then indicated to Bright to comfort her... his look was priceless and Amy's response was even more priceless. LOL. He was so overthinking everything in the kitchen until his sister once again gave him in a kick in the rear and set his mind back on track. And then when he showed up... you could tell he was trying to figure out the best way to tell her, but he couldn't get it out, and then when he turned away... I like how he came back and was all "Wait, no, that's not why I came here." The "You got hot" was adorable given who both Bright and Hannah are as characters and their relationship from the beginning until this very moment. It was a nice kiss, everything Hannah wanted, certainly what Bright wanted, and I like how Hannah realized (thanks to Amy) this kiss is how you are meant to feel about someone, and settling for anything less is not necessary. It was a pure, sweet moment and honestly there was tons of build up as well. It was appropriate. Minnesota is awesome, let me count the ways, but I am shocked Hannah actually got on that plane after what she just experienced with Bright.
To be honest, I was surprised that Amy would support a Bright and Hannah romantic relationship given his track record of being shallow and all about sex, where Hannah wanted to wait until marriage to have sex (although I don't know if she had specifically stated that back in Season Three) but I guess she was just happy for her friend getting a chance with the boy of her dreams. I liked seeing Bright tell Hannah his feelings for her and kiss her, and yes, I was surprised that she got on that plane after Bright kissed her!

Quote:
Amy/Hannah: Amy's life is a disaster right now but due to maturity, being grounded, having tons of experience, she is able to take her situation with Ephram and even her mother, and also focus on giving Hannah the best advice she can give in order to make Hannah happy. She even got Hannah ice cream after her break up with Topher (even if she had to break up with Topher twice, lol). I love Amy's role in this episode and how she helped along Bright and Hannah. Honestly, she did it for her brother, but mostly for her best friend, who has been there for her throughout everything Ephram-related and will continue to be there for her the rest of the series. What a beautiful friendship Amy and Hannah have together.
I loved seeing Amy's maturity in this episode and how she wanted what was best for her friend, despite all the heartache that she was experiencing.

Quote:
Amy/Bright: Amy helped Bright out in this one tremendously. Amy was not going to allow Bright to overthink the Hannah situation and get spooked. No way was she going to allow him to mess things up. She made sure during the kitchen scene that Bright got his head on straight and I loved seeing the sibling interaction.
Yes, Bright needed to hear what Amy had to say and I like that he heeded her tough love advice and told Hannah how he felt.

Quote:
Andy/Nina: The chemistry Treat and Stephanie have together in this series is so underrated. It is not talked about enough. They have such a natural, compelling, believable chemistry. You feel the best friendship between Andy and Nina, you feel the constant circling of romantic feelings between Andy and Nina, you feel the depth of emotions, love, and connection between these two. Their past relationships and what Andy had with others (besides Julia) and Nina with her ex and Jake is nothing compared to what Andy and Nina have together. Their interaction throughout the episode was a mini-build up to the dramatic moment at the end of the episode. The hard drinks together was a great moment and of course I loved Nina naturally acknowledging that Andy did miss the moment because there certainly was a moment. Everything Andy said to Nina was perfection. This moment summed up everything they had been through and what is to come between these two who have been meant to be from the very beginning. A case can be made that maybe Andy should have pulled a Bright and waited for Nina to be single instead of going in with the kiss, but it was also a long time coming for Andy and Nina and felt appropriate in every way. The kiss was needed to stun Nina because as we know, she will be passive and in denial for a while after this moment so she needed to remember what Andy said to her as well as the very mutual kiss between them. I cheer on this moment during every watch. We had been waiting for this since practically the Pilot. I have shipped Andy and Nina since The Pilot, waiting for Andy to utter that precise speech to Nina. It was refreshing to finally hear it! It only took Andy three years to see the light, but it happened! The kiss? They were both into that kiss. Nina was feeling it with Andy just as Hannah was with Bright... thus, the parallel. I love that Andy Brown had the guts to finally go there, he did not hesitate.
I agree that Treat and Stephanie had a lot of chemistry and that chemistry wasn't talked about much on the show, but it definitely was there. I was glad that Andy finally told Nina how he felt and he kissed her, but I wish that they had gotten together soon instead of the end of the last episode of the show.

Quote:
Ephram: I have been mad at him for many episodes in a row but his absence was definitely felt in this one. When Andy went into his room and looked around sadly it was such a powerful moment.
Yes, it really was so sad when Andy went into Ephram's empty room and his absence was really felt in this episode.

Quote:
Rose: Thank God her surgery went well. The beginning of the episode really made you wonder what was going on due to Harold so angry at Andy initially. I was so happy to see her on the road to recovery. And I'm glad Andy did the surgery. I remember initially when I watched this episode live I was concerned about Andy doing the surgery and screwing it up. He had been through so much and really needed this "win" and I felt like for as much as this win would have helped him given everything in the past that caused pain, if he lost and screwed up, Andy would have never been able to recover. It was refreshing he got the "win" because he really needed it. I also love how Rose gave Andy support when he considered taking the job in Chicago. It was her words that ultimately allowed him to stay in Everwood.
I was so happy that Rose's surgery went well and that she was on the road to recovery, but I was confused as to why Harold lashed out at Andy like he did unless something had happened with the surgery initially that left the outcome in doubt.

Quote:
Topher: I gave him the benefit of the doubt from the start and even felt sorry for him when he was essentially a punching bag for Harold in the last episode and Bright got his shots in several episodes in a row. But when he showed up to pick Hannah up to take her to the airport for Minnesota I got annoyed. LOL. How on earth did he not realize Hannah politely and kindly broke up with him? Come on. I do not see a scenario where he could have misunderstood what Hannah was saying. She was gentle but very clear. Bye, Topher.
I was surprised when Topher showed up to take Hannah to the airport, and although I did fell sorry for him, he just wasn't the right guy for Hannah, and she was right to break up with him.

Quote:
Andy/Chicago: I know that many people thought it was ridiculous of Andy to consider moving to Chicago and he missed surgery. I am not one of them. It made sense to me because there was a large point being made. Harold's words hit Andy like a ton of bricks. Andy ended up realizing he made so many mistakes and really didn't accomplish anything after they moved to Everwood (in his mind). He messed up surgeries, did really horrible things like date Amanda (RIP, Heche), caused his son to bolt for Europe, etc. He did not feel like any changes he tried to make ever happened. So why not become a surgeon again? He got a thrill and high and was once very good at being a surgeon. Why not start over in a bigger city more like NYC, not a stuffy small town and just go back to what he was once very good at because in his mind, EVerwood was a failure. It made complete sense to me why he considered moving to Chicago and taking the job.
It also made sense to me that Andy would consider taking a Chief of Surgery position in Chicago as he felt like he had failed at everything in Everwood and he wanted to return to the one thing he felt successful as: being a top flight surgeon and guiding other surgeons.

Quote:
Andy/Delia: I love these two and how great is Delia? I like how Delia handled the situation... she did not freak out, was mature and understanding of the situation and literally left it up to her father to decide what was best for them. Remembering the Pilot and how both Ephram and Delia freaked out and got mad over leaving NYC and now seeing Delia mature, calm, and trusting of her father was amazing and very telling. Andy, you have accomplished some things in Everwood after all. What a wonderful reaction by Delia. And her scream when she found out they were staying in Everwood along with her excitement at camp over Ethan liking her back was pure cuteness. Delia deserves this and it is great seeing her so happy overall even if she is sad over Ephram. The shower comment about them waiting to see who can go the longest without one was hilarious. LOL.
I absolutely loved that scene between Andy and Delia and I loved the maturity she showed and I especially loved it when she told Andy that Ephram trusts him more than he lets on, because that was something that Andy really needed to hear. I also loved that she inspired Andy to find the courage to tell Nina how he felt.

Quote:
The Town/Past and Present Patients/Medical Cases/Harold's Intervention: I loved the intervention... it was pretty neat how all of Andy's past medical storylines were there (even the bear!) along with the quirky Townies. While the bear was a bit too much, I kind of liked how Hallmark this moment was for Andy (Mick! LOL) because I do think he needed to hear from everyone, especially Rose. Harold did a good thing making it known that Andy was not a complete failure and they all wanted him to stay in Everwood. I know some in the past complained it was a lot like "It's A Wonderful Life" but who cares? It was quite fitting and worked overall.
I loved that scene too and I loved seeing people tell Andy how he had touched their lives.

Quote:
Amy: It was nice to see how she immediately picked up on Bright's affection for Hannah, and her reaction was dead-on, thanks to the amazing Emily VanCamp and I feel like if it wasn't for Amy's words to Bright, Bright might have let Hannah leave without admitting his feelings to her. Amy's reaction was adorable, her words to Bright were sage-like, helping Hannah every step of the way, and overall how this very grounded mature young woman who has been through a lot, put the needs of others close to her in front of her own, was so beautiful. Speaking of, Amy's interaction with Harold was fantastic. I love that Amy is not totally consumed by her pain over Ephram and the break up. This shows tons of growth on Amy's part. She was so consumed by the Colin situation in S1 and rightfully so given how serious and intense it was. She was also much younger back then too. She is older now and has shown great maturity after dealing with the pain over the break up and how Ephram had been treating her. She could still be there for her friend, Hannah, and her brother, certainly her mother. Let us not forget her severe battle with depression. She has grown so much. She even understood she had to push aside Princeton. She needed it not just for her mother but for herself. I love how she recognized that her journey for years has been a rough one and as a result, her maturity and intellect allowed her to make these decisions with ease after calm, careful thought. I love Amy Abbott's grounded intelligence and caring for those around her.
I loved Amy's interaction with everyone in this episode, and I loved seeing her growth and maturity in this season, and how much she thinks about others.

Quote:
Harold/Amy: As mentioned, the lack of Ephram and Amy certainly allowed Tom and Emily to get way more scenes which I appreciate so much. I love how Amy asked Harold if he needed anything, and then her slow, mature, kind, intellectual way she explained to Harold how she needed a year off from college because of her mother, and also given everything she had been through. I love how she found a way to reach Harold so that he understood completely. The speech was delivered expertly. It was beautiful and Harold telling Amy he trusted her was the cherry on top. I feel this was one of the greatest scenes to date in the series because it showed Amy's growth, maturity, and just how far along Harold and Amy have come where Amy can express her needs (even about something as big time as Princeton given how much it means to Harold) and Harold could simply tell his daughter he trusts her. Growth at its finest.
As always, I loved seeing the love and affection that Harold and Amy have for each other, and I especially loved seeing the trust that Harold put in Amy.

Quote:
Harold/Andy: I do feel that Harold went overboard when he unloaded on Andy. But he was stressed, said as much, and more than made up for it with his apologies and attempts to get Andy to remain in Everwood. I also completely buy that these two are best friends. Like Andy and Nina really summing up their journey to date (and Bright and Hannah as well), Harold and Andy kind of did the same in this episode as well. It was nice to see. Andy giving Harold the long speech about his past and everything he messed up. As a viewer, I felt satisfied hearing Andy list everything because it was a form of therapy for him, but also, it was great hearing him mention how wrong his affair with Amanda truly was. Harold and Andy suffered with lack of scenes this season all due to rotten Madisongate, but this episode brought the best friends back together very nicely. Harold yelling at Andy, taking his anger back some, then expressing his true feelings, getting Andy to stay, while Andy had a therapy session of sorts admitting his past faults, but with Harold giving him the strength to turn the page right in Everwood was perfect.
I really thought that Harold went below the belt by the way he lashed out at Andy, but he apologized and he definitely made up for it and I loved when he told Andy that he (Andy) was his best friend and that he was a better person for having known him.

Quote:
Ephram/Amy: We really have had a torturous season (give or take a few good moments) if you think about. First off, finally, Ephram and Amy get together, but we have Ephram returning from NYC (a place he just shared nice moments with Amy) all confused and they had a temporary break, and then overall still tainted and clouded due to the lingering Madison bomb that circled around them all season long. We finally received The Reflex, only for their short-term intimacy and happiness to be immediately taken away due to Ephram going to see Madison's band, causing a rift between them due to his lie, no matter how innocent his intentions were. Princetongate was also added to the mix, which gutted Amy while Ephram was dumping her over Madisongate. Madisongate and Ephram and Amy are not the same from this point on. Princetongate unravels and things are out of control and to the point of their eventual break up. So, it is safe to say that this season was not the greatest season for Ephram and Amy, which really sucks because it should have been a good one, seeing that they finally got together romantically. So, in the finale, not only was Ephram missing, but there was not even a mention of Ephram by Amy. I wanted something to be honest, even Amy glancing at a picture but we did not get one. It kind of goes against what I said about how Amy needed this time alone to heal over so many things. Sure, this is true. But at the same time it might have been appropriate to add just one tiny moment of Amy thinking of Ephram just like Andy was looking at Ephram's room.
Season Three showcased Ephram and Amy at their best but also at their worst (thanks to Madisongate and Ephram's cruel treatment of Amy) and it makes me sad that this ended up being the only season that they were mostly together as a couple.

Quote:
Jake: At the beginning of the season when the show was live, Scott Wolf mentioned that his character, Jake, was "a wolf in sheep's clothing." He was clearly stating that Jake had a dark side and it was this episode that we finally got a glimpse of what Scott Wolf meant. Jake's anger during the scene where he threw the remote and got so pissed off was quite telling. Of course, we know the pain medication and Jake's lame excuse to Nina was a massive red flag. Jake's explanation about needing them for a sprained ankle was weak. I do not know of many people who need strong pain killers for even a temporary broken limb (but see Treat's Mick from Chesapeake Shores, lol) let alone a slight sprain. We are not talking a severe, lingering nerve and muscle issue like back or nerve pain in general. Not buying it. He did not have major surgery. He turned his ankle, nothing that Advil couldn't help him with. Nina is really gullible. You combine his aggressive behavior throwing the remote and acting very angry, along with finding the pain killers and there are obvious red flags there that should have been pursued by Nina. Instead, she just believes him. Andy even told Nina she needed to be direct and honest about things with Jake which she did, but to just accept that lame excuse which did not add up shows the journey of denial Nina is on right now. She has Sam to worry about as well and now there are pain killers, remotes flying in her own home with a man she really doesn't even truly know just yet. She is going to continue denial about Andy as well. This sucks. Nina, you are smarter than this. I also cannot stand when Jake calls Nina babe. It gets on my nerves so much.
This episode was the episode where we got to see Jake's true colors and that his act of affability was just that, and act, and I wish that Nina had broken up with him at that point or early in Season Four.

Quote:
Edna/Irv: Very disappointed in the lack of Edna and Irv in this season. Even in this episode they basically attended the party Harold set up for Andy and that's really about it. I don't mind when they're in limited moments in episodes such as the hospital scene with Edna rubbing Amy's back... now that was great use of limited moments but this was a season finale so it would have been nice seeing them for more than two seconds. Madisongate, Jake, and Amanda are to blame which is frustrating because as we know, none of those things/characters matter to the heart of the story or long-term in the least bit.
I was also disappointed that we didn't get to see much of Edna and Irv in this season, especially lin light of what happened next season.

Quote:
Harold: Cue Natalie Merchant "My Beloved Wife" tune over an image of a distraught Harold Abbot praying in a bathroom while Andy starts destroying the tumor. Wow, just wow. Tom Amandes was magical in this scene. Even as Harold was walking to the bathroom bumping into people in the hall felt so real as it captured Harold's desperation and slight unraveling. The look of despair and anger on Harold's face said it all. Tom was incredible.
That was a wonderful scene and Tom did an incredible job in it.

Quote:
Overall this was a good season finale. I don't think it was as good as the previous two, and certainly Ephram was missing from this episode. I do believe we were meant to feel it. I certainly did.
I also thought it was a good season finale, and yes, Ephram's absence in it was keenly felt.

Quote:
We have completed three seasons now. One more to go! Rina is also not as featured as showrunner in S4 with Berlanti all over S4 to close out the series.
I'm really looking forward to moving on to Season Four, and I'm really happy that our rewatch has been such a sucess.

Great commentary, Michelle, as always!

Old 08-29-2022, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I absolutely loved this incredibly touching episode, where a despondent Andy, feeling that he had failed at everything since he had come to Everwood, considered taking a Head of Surgery position in Chicago, but he received encouragement and support that he never expected from someone who had once been his chief rival, and the theme of “where the heart is” resonated throughout this episode, as some of the characters that we’ve grown to love so much finally realized where their hearts were. The theme of courage also resonated through this episode as some of the main characters found the courage to speak from their heart, and express what was in their hearts.
Jerry, you have a talent for getting to the meat of the episode and flawlessly understanding themes, even some hidden ones, and bringing them out for all of us to comprehend and see. It's a gift.

Quote:
We saw the episode begin with Andy getting ready to operate on Rose and Harold, Bright and Amy were anxiously waiting outside in the waiting room for any news on her condition. We saw Harold go into the bathroom and pray for Rose as he poured his heart out to God and asked Him to fix this and make her better in an incredibly poignant and moving way, which was one of the many scenes in this episode which moved me to tears.
It really brought you back to S1/S2 and everything Colin Hart but not remembering Colin (thankfully, lol) ... however, all the players involved surrounding the Hart story and how it brought both families together.

Quote:
The episode then switched to Jake moving everything in his apartment and from his place in LA to Nina’s house, but then Nina found a bottle of pills that were prescribed to Jake, which concerned her, and we got to see the first cracks in Jake’s false suit of shining armor in this episode as we saw he wasn’t the nice guy he pretended to be, and we saw that he was hiding secrets about who he really was from Nina.
Such a red flag going on and I love how the writers just got to it. As we are discovering the beginning signs of Andy and Nina finally exchanging words on defining their feelings, we are seeing Jake is kind of Carl 2.0 in a way. Another strong hint that Andy and Nina will eventually be together romantically no matter what else is going on in the present.

Quote:
We saw Bright, Amy, Topher and Hannah at lunch, and Amy realized that Bright liked Hannah and she told him that he needed to tell her, but Bright said that Hannah had a boyfriend and he nervously came up with excuses why he shouldn’t tell Hannah about his feelings for her, and Amy seemed amused by this turn of events.
I thought Emily/Amy looked so good in this episode. I loved her t-shirts and really casual but beautiful look. Reminds me of Emily as a whole... very grounded, calm, smart, perceptive, kind, understanding and beautiful.

Quote:
I hated seeing Harold admonish Andy for offering to operate on Rose, and his words were unnecessarily cutting and cruel and they went below the belt. I hated seeing this side of Harold manifest itself where he would go for the jugular when he was upset, and he was at his worst in the early part of this episode. I hated seeing Harold tell Andy that he failed at everything he had come to Everwood for, and that he had no family, he had lost his son, and every word he said seemed to designed to inflict as much pain as he could on a man who had done so much for him.
Was this Rina's decision? It didn't make any sense to me at all. It is funny Harold claims Andy has failed when Harold was the one who has made Bright in the past feel worthless and he made fun of Amy who had clinical depression and needed temporary help with medication. Talk about failures, Harold. Plus, like I said, never once did Harold give a hint he doubted Andy's abilities as a surgeon. You would think he would jump at the chance to have Andy instead of that other surgeon who acted all evil operate on his wife.

Quote:
I enjoyed seeing Amy and Hannah’s conversation about Topher as Hannah admitted that she really didn’t have any romantic feelings for Topher and that he didn’t make her feel “sweaty,” and Amy told her that she should break up with him and that there might be someone out there who would make her feel “sweaty” but Hannah said that she wasn’t ready to do that yet.
I love their friendship.

Quote:
We saw Nina at Andy’s house and she asked him what Percocet was for, and she expressed apprehension about her relationship with Jake, and Andy told her that he was considering taking a job offer in Chicago, and that he had ruined everything that he had touched in Everwood and that there was nothing left for him as he looked into her eyes.
This Andy and Nina scene was very powerful and super important. You really see a definition of Andy and Nina in this scene and how anyone else they try to be with romantically simply doesn't compare.

Quote:
We saw Topher and Hannah come out of a restaurant and they kissed, but she told him that she didn’t feel the same way about their relationship as he did, and she felt that their relationship wasn’t progressing like she felt it should, and she broke up with him.
It was a good way of Hannah to break up, even if Topher needed some time to understand what she was really saying. LOL.

Quote:
I was glad that Harold came and apologized to Andy as he realized that what he said was wrong and it was said under stress but that was no excuse, but Andy said that he was right and that she shouldn’t be there and that he was considering taking a job offer to be the head of surgery at a hospital in Chicago, and he recounted every failure he had since he got to Everwood, from losing Colin, to running Linda off to his affair with Amanda, and he felt that it was time for him to leave. Harold seemed heartbroken when he received this news, and he asked if there was anything he could do, and Andy sadly and resignedly said “let it go.”
At least Harold apologized and like I said, Harold's horrible, inaccurate words got Andy to think about his past and what he wanted for his future. Some good did come out of Harold being overly critical, flat out wrong, and cruel earlier.

Quote:
Back at the Abbott house, we saw Harold tell Amy that she needed to fill out her application for housing at Princeton, but she said that she wanted to defer her admission to Princeton for a year to help take care of Rose, but Harold wouldn’t hear of it.
Amy had a calm strength in this scene. She knew she was not going to college at this time but had to play it in a way where Harold would come around.

Quote:
We saw Andy sadly look at Ephram’s empty room and then he went to talk to Delia and he asked her about the possibility of moving from Everwood to Chicago, and she asked him “What do I get if I say yes?” and he replied that it wasn’t going to work that way this time and he reminded her about the horse she never got, and that this time he was going to treat her like an adult and they were going to make this decision together, and if she didn’t want to go they wouldn’t go, and she told him that he should make the choice and that she trusted him, and that Ephram trusted him more than he would ever admit, and once again, Delia showed a wisdom beyond her years, and she also showed that she had a kind and understanding heart, telling her father what he really needed to hear at that point.
Excellent moment.

Quote:
We saw Amy and Hannah talk about her breakup with Topher and then Amy told Bright that he should tell Hannah how he felt, but Bright demurred as he was uncharacteristically afraid to put his heart out there, and Amy yelled at him that he was so freaked out at something real that he was going to ruin the best thing that ever happened to him and she called him a coward and she said that she felt sorry for him.
Amy gave Bright wise advice.

Quote:
We saw Nina and Jake have a big argument and he accused her of being passive-aggressive and hiding something from him, and then she told him that she found his Percocet, and he came up with phony excuses as to why he was taking them, but it was patently obvious that he was lying.
He was totally lying and Nina should have understood there was way more to it. What doctor takes strong, potentially addicting pain medication for a little tweak of an ankle? Doctors would never prescribe this for their own patients even for a break most of the time, let alone a little twist. Plus, Jake got into trouble for overprescribing and that kid ultimately dying in LA. We see Jake's aggressiveness in this scene. Nina should have picked up on the big neon sign telling her Jake was 2.0.

Quote:
We saw Harold and Andy walk into their office and all the people whose lives that Andy had touched were there, and Harold said that he wasn’t the failure that he thought he was at all, and for better or for worse (and in typical Harold fashion he said probably the latter ) Andy was his best friend, and that he was a better person for having Andy in his life, and once again, I was moved to tears, much to the amusement of Teresa! I loved seeing different people tell Andy how he had touched their lives, and it was amusing seeing Harold treat some of them in his usual disdainful way, but it was so moving when Rose told him that he wasn’t going anywhere and he agreed to stay.
I love Teresa reacting to you.

Great scene all around!

Quote:
We saw Topher, apparently unaware that Hannah had broken up with him, offer to take her to the airport, but she told him again that they had broken up, and he left, feeling sad and dejected. I actually felt sorry for Topher because I did think that he cared for Hannah in his own way, but he was even more awkward than she was, and there was no chemistry between them.
Really bad chemistry romantically. I don't know if the actors deliberately went there but it worked!

Quote:
We then saw Bright come to see Hannah and he found the courage that Amy had told he lacked and he expressed his feeling for her and he kissed her, and she was overjoyed as Rina er, I mean Hannah, finally got the boy of her dreams.

We saw Amy throw her housing application away and she told a dismayed but understanding Harold that him and Rose and Bright had been there for her when she was at her lowest point, so she needed to be there for them now, and Harold lovingly said that he trusted her.

We saw Andy call Delia and tell her that they were staying in Everwood and she screamed with delight and she told him that she found the courage to tell the boy that she liked that she liked him, and he told her that he liked her, and that being brave was good and that he should try it sometime.

Andy seemed to take Delia’s words to heart as he went to see Nina, and she embraced him when he told her that he was staying in Everwood, but Andy finally declared his feelings for Nina as he told her that he had taken her for granted and that she was the one that he loved and it had always been her from the day that he met her, and she helped him to heal his heart, and he passionately kissed her, and that after all the bad choices that he had made that she would be the best choice that he could make, but Nina, overwhelmed by his sudden declaration, told him he was a little late, and before she could say anything else, Jake pulled up and said “Honey I’m home,” ending this season on an ambiguous note.
I loved seeing all of these big things happening at the end of the episode... so many moments that were significant and would take us right to the finish line of a nearly perfect series.

Quote:
Overall, I really loved this episode and its theme of people finding where their hearts truly were, and I’m looking forward to Season Four as the darkest season in the history of Everwood came to a close.
Exactly.

How much did you feel Ephram's absence, Jerry?
Old 08-29-2022, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
This ep felt a bit like a series finale? It was kinda cool seeing all the old patients though. However, that one dude was so gross. The “sex at 12” “nice” joke was DISGUSTING. WTF was that???
He was disgusting.

It did feel like a series finale minus Ephram and Amy and Ephram missing. But it would have worked if we would have had this one as a season finale (like it was hee lol) and then an added series finale maybe six months into the future and seeing Ephram back, Ephram and Amy reunited, Andy and Ephram in a better place, Rose healing and even maybe the child storyline starting, possibly Irv's death or not going there at all, Andy and Nina together, it all would have worked perfectly and would have achieved the same desired result as the actual series finale.

Quote:
I felt bad for Topher but you can’t choose who you like… I HATED the bright/hannah kiss tho lmao. Not that they did it, but I found it so awkward. It would have been better for him to give her a nice speech instead of just saying she was hot??? idk. That was weird imo.
You certainly are not the only one. There were a lot from the fandom who did not like the kiss or moment either! I did not like it in the past as well. Hated it, even. I can slightly appreciate it a little more now simply going by how the characters felt in the moment if that makes sense. Otherwise, it didn’t seem completely natural, not like Ephram/Amy or Andy/Nina. The hot part was weird even if Hannah liked it. I think the writers were trying make Bright too Bright if that makes sense, which was disappointing because he’s had moments of sounding like an intellectual when everyone else couldn’t see the light. Thus, he has it in him to be quite perceptive, sage-like. It’s too bad they couldn’t have had him go there during this moment. Granted, he was nervous, but they could have combined some intellect with romantic tension/desire.

Quote:
Harold was right that Andy shouldn’t have done the surgery. But him going off about Andy losing his son was awful. Too far Harold. He often takes things too far.
I don't understand why Harold went there, he was was so cruel. Harold almost lost Amy in S2 and apparently didn't learn that life can sometimes cause really bad things to happen so rubbing them in and being cruel to others after you go through something similar is just not cool.

Quote:
Andy putting the decision on Delia and wanting to move again I think is frustrating. I’m surprised she wasn’t more upset… But I am glad he wanted to stay in Everwood. Though it made the whole SL a bit dumb.

Personally, I thought it was weird without Ephram.
It was weird without Ephran. Even weirder that Amy did not mention him. I wanted Amy to mention him even if I have been mad at Ephram the past few episodes.

Quote:
Amy was right to defer college imo. Her mom is more important than school and it will still be there in a year.
100%.

Quote:
I would have liked Andy’s confession to Nina better if they had more interactions and moments this season. But it just kinda felt tacked on. IDK, I wasn't really vibing with that scene. I feel like Andy is just too late... ugh. This rewatch has made me not root for them as much. I just dont think they've been written well.
It's interesting because Nina kind of shares precisely what you are saying. Too late, Andy. I still loved it but I can see what you're saying.

Quote:
I do think it seemed obvious that Jake was lying about the pills.
Hell yes.

Quote:
Top 5 this episode:
1.Andy
2.Nina
3.Amy
4.Deliah
5.Harold

But honestly, this was hard because I feel like none of them really stood out to me.
I like Andy at number 1, good choice.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-30-2022 at 07:35 AM
Reply   Post New Thread