Old 08-19-2022, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

2021-2023 Everwood Rewatch: Episode 3.21 - Oh, The Places You'll Go

Rewatch Overview

Oh, The Places You'll Go

SUMMARY

Feeling there is nothing keeping him in Everwood and desperately needing distance from Andy, Ephram prepares to leave family and friends behind for a new life in Europe. However, he is caught off-guard and questions his plans when Andy reveals the secret that Amy has been keeping from Ephram. Meanwhile, Nina and Jake contemplate going into business together, but the stress on their relationship proves a big obstacle to overcome, and Bright confesses to Ephram that he has developed feelings for Hannah.

SEASON

EPISODE

AIR DATE
May 16, 2005

WRITER
Bruce Miller (story)
David Hudgins (teleplay)
Rina Mimoun (teleplay)

DIRECTOR
Perry Lang

jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

THOUGHTS WHILE WATCHING EPISODE

- Delia saying she doesn’t even know what social means is adorable.

- Good job, Ephram, devastating your sister yet again. I couldn’t imagine being Ephram. I could never hurt a family member as much as he has hurt his little sister who lost their mother not that long ago. Even as Delia runs away knowing she’s upset over the open-ended ticket, Ephram does not even care.

- Ephram’s graduation comments... I didn’t like much of anything related to my graduation ceremony either but I did it for my family, who was proud of me. I guess Ephram does not care.

- Andy telling Ephram that Rose has cancer at least brought him temporarily back down to earth as he thought about others but himself for more than two seconds.

- It is telling even Bright never told Ephram about Rose. Both Amy and Bright do not feel the need to rely on Ephram during this time. Maybe this should be a large clue to Ephram that his behavior caused them both to not want to go to him for comfort regarding their mother's cancer diagnosis.

- Those mountains are so gorgeous in the background.

- What a way for Nina to find out she’s out of a job. Idiot owner. I guess he gave her a little more than he did the others which she deserved because she was the one that basically was in charge daily. Although, the owner should have given everyone something more than a stupid gift card since it was so abrupt.

- Edna/Irv/Harold/Bright/Amy all at the hospital… Edna rubbing Amy’s back is sweet… what a special Grandmother/Granddaughter moment.

- Good job with the book, Irv.

- Bright pausing to thank the doctor is such a Bright thing to do.

- Bright and Amy and their sibling bickering is so realistic given the circumstances.

- Andy/Nina/Jake spending moments together is so weird given that Andy knows about Nina's feelings since Jake told him. Let alone Andy's feelings for Nina circling around inside of Andy's heart.

- Andy bringing up Nina’s first date with gay ex-husband is so Andy too. LOL.

- Jake got mad Andy offered to help Nina with her mortgage. Sorry, Jake, you do not have a right to be jealous since you are the one that jump-started the future Andy/Nina romance.

- This is when Jake starts becoming irritating to me. His situation with Nina gets really serious, really fast, they hardly even know each other; he acts like they’ve been together for years. Bye, Jake.

- Topher is sweet but annoying at the same time if that makes sense.

- Bright asking Topher if he’s congested cracks me up…

- Amy thanking Topher instead is very nice.

- Harold even picks on Topher telling him his name doesn't matter!

- Hannah watching Bright carry Rose upstairs is such a powerful scene.
Sarah Drew is so good there showing Hannah's heart breaking yet so impressed at the same time.

- Poor Amy having to graduate under these circumstances.

- Amy in her room exhausted, confused, overwhelmed, upset over her mother and Ephram calling while she ignores immediately without even a pause or care is everything. I truly think this is a key moment of foreshadowing. Amy just cannot take it anymore. She cannot deal with Ephram considering he’s been hurting her for weeks now over and over again. She is so overwhelmed and consumed over her mother and graduation. It is pretty sad and telling that the thought of communication with Ephram right now would mess up her mental and physical health and Amy understands this which is why she essentially dismisses Ephram. Telling. Like I said, foreshadowing because Ephram is unhealthy for her right now due to the hurt he has caused. She cannot take anymore hurt from him so she built a wall away from him. You see it in this scene, and you see it in the next scene when he comes over and she internalizes and does not let him in. We also know this goes on well into S4. This moment is the exact time Amy said, enough.

- Jake buying the building and helping Nina was a nice gesture. It helps him financially, too. Both benefit professionally.

- Bright and Ephram at the pharmacy… Bright crying over the amount of medications his mother requires is so heartbreaking.

- Bright calling Topher a snorting church monkey is hilarious.

- Bright telling Ephram to stop calling Amy = good advice. Sorry, Ephram, you cannot just talk to her when you feel like it. You hurt her too much.

- Rose's case is so complicated. It makes me so happy thinking about how my sister's case seemed much more black and white and swift with a better outcome statistically. It hurts my heart thinking about how so many battle cancer and do not win the war.

- Rose needs her Will updated.

- Ephram, barging in is not going to help. You hurt Amy. She wants space. It is written all over her face, she is blocking you and making sure what you say doesn't hurt her anymore. The temporary damage you have caused is too much right now. This is not just about Amy being in denial over Rose. Not in the least bit. She is blocking Ephram from hurting her in general because he has hurt her so much the past several weeks. She cannot take it anymore. She knows her limits.

- No, Ephram, you cannot be Amy’s best friend right now. Notice how that comment annoyed Amy, you can tell it did. Hannah is Amy’s best friend now, you were the love of her life, Ephram. You cannot just slide back into the other title and act like everything is fine because you feel guilty you have been treating Amy like crap and found out about Rose. It doesn’t work that way. You need to stay away for a while.

- Jake and Nina arguing about the new business is boring.

- Rose’s surgeon sounds like such a prick. I can see why she wants Andy in the operating room.

- Nina taking charge is brilliant. She is the right person for the job.

- Julia bought Ephram a graduation present. This show is so magical and spiritual it inserts this energy at the precise moment. It is exactly what is happening here as Andy tells Ephram the story… pure magic. Even ended up being a nice moment between Andy and Ephram. Spiritual. Julia knew she was not going to be around as a human in this life super long so she was preparing. We have seen signs throughout the series in flashbacks this is the case as well. She knew. This show is magical, spiritual, it is everything and more.

- Ephram and Delia talk is nice but it should not be something Delia has to deal with once again. She was looking up London. Delia shouldn’t be worried about what happened between Andy and Ephram either. How sad.

- Ephram to Delia: Listen to him, do what he says, take care of him for me.

- It almost seems like Ephram is over it mostly. He’s talking about caring for Andy, he knows Delia’s heart is breaking, Andy is devastated, he sees how completely messed up Amy and Bright are over Rose… Bright crying at the pharmacy, Amy only partially there now avoiding him, knowing Amy has a past with severe depression and yet… Ephram proceeds to go to Europe… I know my heart never would have been able to go there. No way. I would be thinking of others around me first. But Ephram isn’t wired like that apparently. Delia says goodbye to Ephram so innocently and heartbreakingly… Ephram just walks out. Stunning and not in a good way.

- Of course Rose asks Andy to perform the surgery. What a moment. Rose telling Andy she knows that he loves her family as much as she does and for that she’d trust him with her life was a pure gold moment. Merrilyn Gann is flawless here. Brilliant.

- The Nina and Jake stuff seems like it is annoyingly out of place in this episode. Not that the storyline isn’t significant for Nina professionally. Problem is what else is going on makes it seem overwhelming. We haven't seen Nina and Jake so much in an episode until this point, I believe. And it happens while we are watching devastating stuff involving both families so it feels annoying when Nina and Jake appear on the screen together, especially that weird sex moment as well. Yikes. Too much. We also have to find out they are going to move in together now.

- Amy looks absolutely stunning in her graduation outfit. Emily VanCamp, you are beautiful. So sad Amy doesn’t have her mom completely on this special day. Harold breaking down in Amy’s arms is such a strong, emotional moment.

- Seeing Andy at graduation alone watching and clapping when Ephram's name is called is one of the saddest moments of the series.

- Julia's Book: Spiritual. Everything. Magical. Everwood.

THOUGHTS AFTER WATCHING EPISODE

Delia: I love that she's fighting to go to sleep-away camp in the same state, but Ephram is going to another continent and no big deal. He overruled his father on dating an adult babysitter hired to watch Delia, not seduce him, ends up getting the adult babysitter pregnant. Andy doesn’t handle the aftermath perfectly which makes Ephram think he gets to sell all of us piano equipment his father bought him (thus, never his to sell) and then takes off for Europe even though his father, sister, the Abbott siblings deep down need him in Everwood. He does not care. So yes, Delia, you have every right to complain about this.

Also regarding Delia… how much more is she expected to take? She didn't deserve seeing Ephram and Madison and their gross relationship in the first place, followed by the confusing part after they broke up, and now this horrible situation between her father and brother with Ephram bailing on her and leaving for Europe. Honestly, Delia suffered the most and was the biggest victim of all. Does anyone around her see this? It is really sad. She is still so young, her mother died and now her brother is leaving. Even if he said the right things to her, she still has to be heartbroken seeing him leaving and not knowing whether he is coming back or not. So sad and I feel Delia should not have had to go through any of this. It was avoidable. Delia running away in the beginning scene with Ephram all cold, saying she will be fine, Delia looking up London stuff, so upset after Ephram says goodbye. Not to mention all of S2 she was tortured during anything gross Ephram and Madison. So many things Ephram has personally done to his little sister is what disturbs me the most.

Delia & Ephram: I just felt uncomfortable throughout the episode during their scenes. I do not like feeling Delia’s obvious pain. I wondered if Delia ever knew about Madison's pregnancy. She obviously isn’t ready to hear about that gross nightmare. I'm glad it was when Ephram was ready then so Delia didn’t feel like she was too young and stupid in her mind to find out now. Who knows, maybe like the Julia cheating, she never finds out that Ephram and Madison got pregnant when they had no business together in the first place.

Nina & Jake: This is definitely the episode I start disliking them. I actually think it was a nice gesture and business opportunity for both Jake and Nina to save the restaurant space. From a business perspective, I completely understand why they are going there. But overall I feel like their relationship is now way too front and center. Finding out that they are going to live together now only makes me think of Andy and of course Andy and Nina because they are meant to be together. This is only a reminder that we have to endure Nina and Jake until essentially the series finale as well. Even watching them live and not knowing we would have to see them the rest of the way, I was already annoyed and hated that they would live together even if it might’ve made sense financially. In general, Nina comes across as emotionally passive in this one. I just hated that moment when she suggested sex because he bought the restaurant space and then so happy he sold his LA home. Mostly, I’m just annoyed knowing that she feels she’s in it for the long-haul with him, going into business together, now living together as Andy sits alone, the one she’s meant to be with.

Ephram: I like the way that Ephram acted to the news of Rose's cancer. I also like that he was at least respecting his father during conversations and moments. Finally. I think he tried to make things right with Delia. However, while calling Amy is definitely justified and makes sense, showing up at her house making it seem like she was doing something wrong because she wasn’t responding to his calls seemed weird to me. What and the hell does he expect? He cannot just go back into best friend mode. They are well past that kind of label. He knows it. I know that he was reminded of how much of a rock he was for her in the past. But that was the past. So much has happened. You can’t go back in time and even Amy says this in 4.1. Things are different now. He also witnessed Bright clearly breaking down at the pharmacy. He knows everyone around him is hurting but still gets on the plane. That’s fine but he cannot expect certainly his situation with Amy to go back in time. It doesn’t work that way.

Ephram & Bright: The pharmacy scene was heartbreaking. They are still friends, that much is obvious, but it’s clear even Bright didn’t feel the need to tell him about Rose. Maybe he didn’t want to go there because it was tense between Ephram and Amy. He did tell him he has feelings for Hannah though which was a nice moment.

Andy & Ephram: At least the coldness and cruel behavior from Ephram seems gone now. I liked the story Andy told Ephram about Julia. It was a wonderful moment. Magical.

Bright: I loved Bright in this episode. Everything is coming down to his emotions. When he personally thanked the doctor after everyone left, very special. He's crying just due to picking up Rose's medication. I just hate that Bright thinks he has to go through this alone. He sees everyone else not crying and he pretends not to. I think it felt refreshing for him that he finally admitted his feelings for Hannah to Ephram at least.

Hannah & Topher: They actually are kind of cute but obviously Hannah does not have strong feelings for him. Bright hates him, lol, even Harold ripped poor Topher. Amy was kind to Topher though. The heart wants what it wants and Hannah definitely wants Bright.

Andy & Rose & Harold: That surgeon was the devil. He was a carbon copy of Andy in NYC and Andy knew this. Rose was so scared and confused. It reminded me of real life and how so many people are stunned, scared, depressed like Rose over a serious diagnosis and have to deal with a medical professional like this idiot. I remember watching this for the first time realizing that Rose was going to turn to Andy.

Andy & Rose: When Rose asked Andy to perform the surgery my heart was pounding. What a strong, emotional moment. I think it was the second biggest highlight of the episode with “Julia appearing” as the biggest highlight. This one wasn’t far behind.

Amy: Amy is acting exactly like a young woman would be acting who has a painful past, but has grown and matured. She is allowing Hannah to be there for her, she is there for her family, but at the same time is now smart enough to understand she needs to protect herself from extra anxiety and pain right now which is why she is pushing Ephram away. It is a must due to her mental and physical health. Not too long ago Amy was battling severe depression. She has come a long way. It is satisfying seeing how this character has evolved. It was heartbreaking seeing her graduate with such a heavy heart given the situation with her mother and what has happened with Ephram. But she is strong, mature and beautifully handles herself the correct way.

Harold & Amy: Harold breaking down to Amy was such an emotional moment. He tried so hard to keep it together and just couldn’t do it anymore. He also didn’t completely tell Amy the truth about Rose because he didn’t want to hurt her even more. Tom and Emily light it up on the screen together.

Ephram & Amy: Ephram absolutely could not break up and act all cold and weird and then expect everything to just go into friends mode again like nothing between them has happened over these few years. That's not how it works, Ephram. Obviously he's not an adult who fully can understand all of these things. If he would have been truly thinking, he wouldn't have gotten together with Madison, let alone impregnated her in the first place. But he still should understand his situation with Amy. He knows her, he knows their dynamic. He would have to understand that this is coming across as mind games over anything else. He's better off leaving her alone. Amy is literally protecting herself against… Ephram. Think about it. She truly is. She is almost acting like an abuse victim. I’m not saying that he abused her, but she is behaving in a manner where she feels the need to keep a wall built in between him and her, she doesn’t want him to get too close, she flat out told him to leave her alone in so many words. She refused to let him get close. Telling. So for anyone thinking Ephram did not mess up Amy in a profound way over the last few episodes it’s pretty clear that a light switch went off inside Amy’s head and she knows she needs to protect herself right now. During this moment in time she sees Ephram as unhealthy for her and needs to be away from him. We see in the beginning of S4 she feels the exact, same, way too. This goes on for several months. Amy has to protect herself from Ephram. Literally.

FINAL THOUGHTS

What an incredibly heartbreaking, yet beautiful episode. Every stage a family experiences from cancer was revealed... so real and so genuine. Bright's determination to be strong, Harold's little white lies to reassure Amy even though he was crumbling inside knowing the truth, are all part of what a family goes through when a loved one is suffering with a potentially terminal illness. The Brown family and their different dynamics all going through tough moments. Julia surfaced once again and boy was it magical. This series has always been a spiritual one. Julia literally "knew" she was not meant to be around very long as a human in her life. She knew it, which is why she found the town of Everwood and made Andy promise her they would find this town should anything happen to her. She also got close with a woman who ended up passing away early, leaving her children which is precisely what happened to Julia. As a result, Julia prepared which is why the beautiful present was waiting for Ephram. The spirituality involved in this series is unlike anything I have ever seen before. It is flawless.

.. And if you should ever look up, and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over, retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart, where your hope lives.. you'll find your way again.

Julia's ending words were all about Amy. Notice the parallel at the end where they are showing Amy at graduation, Ephram on the plane, and as Julia is talking, it goes back and forth between Ephram and Amy...

Definitely, all about Amy... Amy is the purest thing in Ephram's heart. And as Julia said, following this path will lead him right back to finding his way again... with Amy. It was almost like Julia was sending Ephram back to Amy (by getting Ephram eventually back on the right path). The Fate and Destiny of this series is featured prominently.

Julia's full thoughts:

Quote:
[Cut to an airplane - Ephram is sitting by a window on the airplane. He is holding the present from his mother. He unwraps the present. It is the Dr. Seuss book "Oh, The Places You'll Go!". He opens the book and starts to flip through the pages. He comes across a page where his mother wrote him a note. He reads it.]

JULIA (VOICE-OVER): My Dearest Ephram,

I've been sitting in our kitchen for the last half hour simply imagining you. Wondering what you must be thinking right now - what you must be feeling, how handsome you must look in your cap and gown.

[Cut to Peak County High School Graduation Ceremony - Principal Ackerman is passing out diplomas to students.]

PRINCIPAL ACKERMAN: Amy Abbott...

[Cut to Abbott foyer - Amy is walking down the steps toward the foyer - Dr. Abbott is videotaping Amy walking down the stairs, Edna, Bright and Rose are all there. They all clap as Irv hands Amy her diploma and Amy tosses her cap up the stairs.]

JULIA (VOICE-OVER) (CONT'D): If you're thinking about me - stop. Send a kiss to the sky and then focus your thoughts on what's coming towards you - not what you left behind. I'm forever entwined in your past, your present, and your future. You needn't pause to look for me. I'm right here.

[Cut back to Peak County High School Graduation Ceremony - Principal Ackerman is passing out diplomas to students.]

PRINCIPAL ACKERMAN: Ephram Brown...

[Dr. Brown is in the audience and claps when Ephram's name is said.]

[Cut back to Ephram on the airplane as he finishes reading the note.]

JULIA (VOICE-OVER) (CONT'D): If you're feeling frightened about what comes next - don't. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness. Don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present each moment as it comes because you will never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart - where your hope lives - you'll find your way again.

Love, Mom

[Ephram finishes reading the note. He closes the book and looks out the window.]
Not only was this directly related to the spiritual element of the show, Julia sending Ephram back on the right path to his love and happiness (I wonder how soon Ephram starts writing the postcards to Amy after this scene) but in general it hits me differently this time around due to the passing of my mother in 2015. I watched this series with my mom the first time around. Little did I know these words would affect me in the future because of my love for her and her passing. Julia’s words could be from my mom to her two daughters and granddaughters. Only this series can extract some of your biggest emotional moments in life and recreate them in a unique way. This show. This show.

That letter is precisely what makes Everwood, Everwood: Magical. Spiritual. Pure. Strong. Captivating. Beautiful.

This episode broke my heart on so many levels... it is clear to me Ephram still loves and wants to forgive Andy but he's just not completely ready yet. As stated, I do not blame Amy at all for her behavior towards Ephram. She needs to protect her physical and mental health. Right now Ephram threatens her stability. Harold’s breakdown in front of Amy was so sad. Bright crying and carrying Rose with Hannah overwhelmed by emotion, Rose asking Andy to do the surgery, the Brown family interaction and the goodbye moments… all of it consistently tugs at my heart.

Julia's Gift was pure Gold. I love how Julia’s presence returns throughout the entire series. Only Everwood.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-20-2022 at 08:39 AM
Old 08-20-2022, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)

- Delia saying she doesn’t even know what social means is adorable.
Her adorableness is exquisite!!

Quote:
- Good job, Ephram, devastating your sister yet again. I couldn’t imagine being Ephram. I could never hurt a family member as much as he has hurt his little sister who lost their mother not that long ago. Even as Delia runs away knowing she’s upset over the open-ended ticket, Ephram does not even care.
THere was a time when Ephram would have been devastated to see Delia hurting. Wow...you have come a long way (down) responding with..¨She´ll be alright.¨

Quote:
- Ephram’s graduation comments... I didn’t like much of anything related to my graduation ceremony either but I did it for my family, who was proud of me. I guess Ephram does not care.
RIght now Ephram is all about Ephram.
Quote:
- Andy telling Ephram that Rose has cancer at least brought him temporarily back down to earth as he thought about others as well as himself for more than two seconds.
I´ll give him that. Maybe he has half a heart.

Quote:
- It is telling even Bright never told Ephram about Rose. Both Amy and Bright do not feel the need to rely on Ephram during this time. Maybe this should be a large clue to Ephram that his behavior caused them both to not want to go to him for comfort regarding their mother's cancer diagnosis.
That just dawned on me as well! Bright didn´t even tell Ephram about Rose. Bright knows Ephram and realizes that when Ephram is in some kind of personal issue itś all about Ephram, so what is the use sharing something about yourself. So sad.

Quote:
- What a way for Nina to find out she’s out of a job. Idiot owner. I guess he gave her a little more than he did the others which she deserved because she was the one that basically was in charge daily. Although, the owner should have given everyone something more than a stupid gift card since it was so abrupt.
I don´t even remember this scene! Yeah...horrible way to find out you are out of a job! Poor NIna. THere can´t be that many restaurant options in Everwood and what other skills/education does Nina have? THat has never been explored. I guess she married Carl young and never went to college.
Quote:
- Edna/Irv/Harold/Bright/Amy all at the hospital… Edna rubbing Amy’s back is sweet… what a special Grandmother/Granddaughter moment.
First time we have seen Edna and Irv in a while.

Quote:
- Bright pausing to thank the doctor is such a Bright thing to do.
Bright is such a sweetheart. He is so grateful for anyone who is helping his mom.

Quote:
- Andy/Nina/Jake spending moments together is so weird given that Andy knows about Nina's feelings since Jake told him. Let alone Andy's feelings for Nina circling around inside of Andy's heart.
Itś really interesting that this rewatch is the first time I believe that Nina really loves Jake. I don´t like it, but it´s a fact.

Quote:
- Topher is sweet but annoying at the same time if that makes sense.
Right now the annoying part is cancelling out the sweet part for me.

Quote:
- Amy thanking Topher instead is very nice.
Amy is pulling for TOpher because she is happy for Hannah.

Quote:
- Hannah watching Bright carry Rose upstairs is such a powerful scene.
Sarah Drew is so good there showing Hannah's heart breaking yet so impressed at the same time.
I agree. This scene was so beautiful and you could see in Hannahś heart what she thought of Bright while watching him pick up and carry his mom. They say that you can tell if a guy is for you by the way he treats his mom.
Quote:
- Amy in her room exhausted, confused, overwhelmed, upset over her mother and Ephram calling while she ignores immediately without even a pause or care is everything. I truly think this is a key moment of foreshadowing. Amy just cannot take it anymore. She cannot deal with Ephram considering he’s been hurting her for weeks now over and over again. She is so overwhelmed and consumed over her mother and graduation. It is pretty sad and telling that the thought of communication with Ephram right now would mess up her mental and physical health and Amy understands this which is why she essentially dismisses Ephram. Telling. Like I said, foreshadowing because Ephram is unhealthy for her right now due to the hurt he has caused. She cannot take anymore hurt from him so she built a wall away from him. You see it in this scene, and you see it in the next scene when he comes over and she internalizes and does not let him in. We also know this goes on well into S4. This moment is the exact time Amy said, enough.
Yeah...Amy is done with Ephram at the moment. The fact that she didn´t respond to his phone calls said it all. Bright gave Ephram some good advice...¨Maybe you should stop calling.
I like that Ephram offered to cancel his tip to support AMy, but it didn´t take much convincing on Amyś part to not cancel his trip. THe old Ephram would never have gone...no matter what Amy said!

Quote:
- Rose needs her Will updated.
Itś not something that Harold wanted to hear, but it is a very necessary thing and I´m sure would give Rose some peace of mind.

-
Quote:
Rose’s surgeon sounds like such a prick. I can see why she wants Andy in the operating room.
He was horrible! On the other hand....Andy... Just someone you would want to be your doctor.

-
Quote:
Julia bought Ephram a graduation present. This show is so magical and spiritual it inserts this energy at the precise moment. It is exactly what is happening here as Andy tells Ephram the story… pure magic. Even ended up being a nice moment between Andy and Ephram. Spiritual. Julia knew she was not going to be around as a human in this life super long so she was preparing. We have seen signs throughout the series in flashbacks this is the case as well. She knew. This show is magical, spiritual, it is everything and more.
How perfect and appropriate that gift and note were! It was as if Julia knew. Can´t believe Ephram waited until he got on the plane to open it!

Quote:
- Ephram and Delia talk is nice but it should not be something Delia has to deal with once again. She was looking up London. Delia shouldn’t be worried about what happened between Andy and Ephram either. How sad.

- Ephram to Delia: Listen to him, do what he says, take care of him for me.
Delia is such a wonderful actress. THe advice Ephram gave to Delia....too bad he didn´t follow it! Loved the kiss on Delia´s head.

-
Quote:
It almost seems like Ephram is over it mostly. He’s talking about caring for Andy, he knows Delia’s heart is breaking, Andy is devastated, he sees how completely messed up Amy and Bright are over Rose… Bright crying at the pharmacy, Amy only partially there now avoiding him, knowing Amy has a past with severe depression and yet… Ephram proceeds to go to Europe… I know my heart never would have been able to go there. No way. I would be thinking of others around me first. But Ephram isn’t wired like that apparently. Delia says goodbye to Ephram so innocently and heartbreakingly… Ephram just walks out. Stunning and not in a good way.
Delia got no hug. FOr that matter...neither did Amy. Ephram just walked away from Amy. Heś leaving and Amyś mother has cancer and he couldn´t even hug her!

Quote:
- Of course Rose asks Andy to perform the surgery. What a moment. Rose telling Andy she knows that he loves her family as much as she does and for that she’d trust him with her life was a pure gold moment. Merrilyn Gann is flawless here. Brillian
t.
If that isn´t reason nothing is! Of course Rose would want Andy to perform the surgery. Who wouldn´t?

Quote:
- Amy looks absolutely stunning in her graduation outfit. Emily VanCamp, you are beautiful. So sad Amy doesn’t have her mom completely on this special day. Harold breaking down in Amy’s arms is such a strong, emotional moment.
Iḿ glad that Rose woke up and celebrated with the family.

Quote:
- Seeing Andy at graduation alone watching and clapping when Ephram's name is called is one of the saddest moments of the series.
Heartbreaking.

Quote:
Delia & Ephram: I just felt uncomfortable throughout the episode during their scenes. I do not like feeling Delia’s obvious pain. I wondered if Delia ever knew about Madison's pregnancy. She obviously isn’t ready to hear about that gross nightmare. I'm glad it was when Ephram was ready then so Delia didn’t feel like she was too young and stupid in her mind to find out now. Who knows, maybe like the Julia cheating, she never finds out that Ephram and Madison got pregnant when they had no business together in the first place.
Ephram is so darn selfish. He is not thinking of Delia at all! SHe lost her mom and now she is losing her brother for who knows how long! Then Ephram leaves the responsibility of taking care of their dad to Delia who is a child!! Poor girl!

[
Quote:
b]Andy & Ephram:[/b] At least the coldness and cruel behavior from Ephram seems gone now. I liked the story Andy told Ephram about Julia. It was a wonderful moment. Magical.
I noticed that thoughout the episode....no snarkiness from Ephram. He was downright polite to Andy and so was Andy to Ephram. I guess Andy figured whatś the use! Itś done! Ephram sold his stuff and is going. Why make it worse? Just accept it.

Quote:
Hannah & Topher: They actually are kind of cute but obviously Hannah does not have strong feelings for him. Bright hates him, lol, even Harold ripped poor Topher. Amy was kind to Topher though. The heart wants what it wants and Hannah definitely wants Bright.
Hannah definitely wants Bright and I do believe she deserves better than Topher.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 08-20-2022 at 02:43 PM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Her adorableness is exquisite!!
Well said.

Quote:
THere was a time when Ephram would have been devastated to see Delia hurting. Wow...you have come a long way (down) responding with..¨She´ll be alright.¨
I didn't like that at all. Exactly right. In S1 he was so protective of her, every little thing Ephram was the perfect big brother protecting her as much as possible. He understood she was just a little girl who lost her mother, moved to a strange city, and their father was learning how to be a father for the first time. He looked out for her. Which is why I disagree with anyone who says Ephram isn't meant to be Delia's second caregiver, she has a father. No, actually, she didn't have a father for a long time. Ephram took over three roles: Brother, Father, and Mother for her. It was a unique situation.

So for Ephram to say coldly she will be okay is so out of character for him.

Quote:
RIght now Ephram is all about Ephram.

I´ll give him that. Maybe he has half a heart.
He is. I think I am more frustrated with him right now too because while he's largely not himself, he still seems like he's coming around a bit. He is less mad at Andy, even asking about dinner, thanking Andy for the Julia gift/story. So it is kind of shocking he still went ahead and took off for Europe when it seems all he would have really needed was a weekend in the mountains in Colorado right in his backyard to completely clear his head and be done with it. I am not even sure he needed Europe as much as he claims. I think partially his cold reactions to Delia is because he knows he has to go there since he was determined to get to Europe because he felt he had to get there, not because he absolutely needed it. So if he stopped and used his heart and allowed emotions to flow, Delia's reactions might have stopped him, same with Amy and Bright. He was determined though to get to Europe and that is what he did.

Quote:
That just dawned on me as well! Bright didn´t even tell Ephram about Rose. Bright knows Ephram and realizes that when Ephram is in some kind of personal issue itś all about Ephram, so what is the use sharing something about yourself. So sad.
Right? I never noticed it until this rewatch either. Bright I guess remembered how self absorbed Ephram was in S2 going on and on about Madison. Bright understood Ephram was ripping Amy and taking the Babygate situation out on her as well which is why Bright stuck up for Amy. So like you said, Bright has a history with Ephram and how Ephram has a pattern of putting his needs first. Bright did not confide in Ephram at all over Rose. Neither did Amy. Think about this... neither did Hannah! Hannah never even told Ephram. All three shut him out. Ephram is lucky Andy even told him.

Quote:
I don´t even remember this scene! Yeah...horrible way to find out you are out of a job! Poor NIna. THere can´t be that many restaurant options in Everwood and what other skills/education does Nina have? THat has never been explored. I guess she married Carl young and never went to college.
Exactly. Nina has probably been working there maybe even since high school. It is pretty much all she knows. Given that it is the main restaurant, it does seem weird he would sell it.

Quote:
First time we have seen Edna and Irv in a while.
Indeed, which is so frustrating.

Quote:
Bright is such a sweetheart. He is so grateful for anyone who is helping his mom.

Quote:
Itś really interesting that this rewatch is the first time I believe that Nina really loves Jake. I don´t like it, but it´s a fact.
Agreed.

Quote:
Right now the annoying part is cancelling out the sweet part for me.
Ditto.

Quote:
Amy is pulling for TOpher because she is happy for Hannah.
Exactly right. I like how Amy is not in a good place with her romantic life but she cares for Hannah so much, she supports her and is truly happy for Hannah.

Quote:
I agree. This scene was so beautiful and you could see in Hannahś heart what she thought of Bright while watching him pick up and carry his mom. They say that you can tell if a guy is for you by the way he treats his mom.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Yeah...Amy is done with Ephram at the moment. The fact that she didn´t respond to his phone calls said it all. Bright gave Ephram some good advice...¨Maybe you should stop calling.
It really is crystal clear.

Quote:
I like that Ephram offered to cancel his tip to support AMy, but it didn´t take much convincing on Amyś part to not cancel his trip. THe old Ephram would never have gone...no matter what Amy said!
The old Ephram never would have gone.

Yes, that was good Ephram did offer to cancel his trip. I am not sure if he knew Amy would say no so it was an easy request he knew would be denied or he really wanted to stay. But it was nice that he offered this even if completely rejected by Amy.

Quote:
Itś not something that Harold wanted to hear, but it is a very necessary thing and I´m sure would give Rose some peace of mind.
Definitely.

Quote:
He was horrible! On the other hand....Andy... Just someone you would want to be your doctor.
Exactly right.

Quote:
How perfect and appropriate that gift and note were! It was as if Julia knew. Can´t believe Ephram waited until he got on the plane to open it!

Quote:
Delia is such a wonderful actress. THe advice Ephram gave to Delia....too bad he didn´t follow it! Loved the kiss on Delia´s head.
It was a sweet moment there.

Quote:
Delia got no hug. FOr that matter...neither did Amy. Ephram just walked away from Amy. Heś leaving and Amyś mother has cancer and he couldn´t even hug her!
Maddening.

Quote:
If that isn´t reason nothing is! Of course Rose would want Andy to perform the surgery. Who wouldn´t?
Exactly, it makes complete sense.

Quote:
Iḿ glad that Rose woke up and celebrated with the family.
Yes, indeed, that moment was nice.

Quote:
Heartbreaking.

Quote:
Ephram is so darn selfish. He is not thinking of Delia at all! SHe lost her mom and now she is losing her brother for who knows how long! Then Ephram leaves the responsibility of taking care of their dad to Delia who is a child!! Poor girl!
I feel so sorry for Delia.

Quote:
I noticed that thoughout the episode....no snarkiness from Ephram. He was downright polite to Andy and so was Andy to Ephram. I guess Andy figured whatś the use! Itś done! Ephram sold his stuff and is going. Why make it worse? Just accept it.
That's exactly it.

Quote:
Hannah definitely wants Bright and I do believe she deserves better than Topher.
Topher is nice but he's super geeky and annoying. LOL. I don't think this relationship would have ever challenged Hannah in addition to hating how he kissed. If it's not intellectually stimulating enough for Hannah, and she isn't really physically attracted to him, that means all she really shares with him is Christianity. That isn't enough at all when the other two elements are missing!
Old 08-21-2022, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well said.

I didn't like that at all. Exactly right. In S1 he was so protective of her, every little thing Ephram was the perfect big brother protecting her as much as possible. He understood she was just a little girl who lost her mother, moved to a strange city, and their father was learning how to be a father for the first time. He looked out for her. Which is why I disagree with anyone who says Ephram isn't meant to be Delia's second caregiver, she has a father. No, actually, she didn't have a father for a long time. Ephram took over three roles: Brother, Father, and Mother for her. It was a unique situation.

So for Ephram to say coldly she will be okay is so out of character for him.
This baby reveal has completely changed Ephram´s personality. It was the guy who would do anything to protect/help/comfort his girls (Amy and Delia) and now he just dismisses their pain and just worries about his pain.

Quote:
He is. I think I am more frustrated with him right now too because while he's largely not himself, he still seems like he's coming around a bit. He is less mad at Andy, even asking about dinner, thanking Andy for the Julia gift/story. So it is kind of shocking he still went ahead and took off for Europe when it seems all he would have really needed was a weekend in the mountains in Colorado right in his backyard to completely clear his head and be done with it. I am not even sure he needed Europe as much as he claims. I think partially his cold reactions to Delia is because he knows he has to go there since he was determined to get to Europe because he felt he had to get there, not because he absolutely needed it. So if he stopped and used his heart and allowed emotions to flow, Delia's reactions might have stopped him, same with Amy and Bright. He was determined though to get to Europe and that is what he did.
Ephramś judgement right now is so idiotic and over the top! If he has selected trip to the mountains it would have been a getaway and he probably could have kept his studio and his precious piano. Ephram just isn thinking straight at the moment!

Quote:
Right? I never noticed it until this rewatch either. Bright I guess remembered how self absorbed Ephram was in S2 going on and on about Madison. Bright understood Ephram was ripping Amy and taking the Babygate situation out on her as well which is why Bright stuck up for Amy. So like you said, Bright has a history with Ephram and how Ephram has a pattern of putting his needs first. Bright did not confide in Ephram at all over Rose. Neither did Amy. Think about this... neither did Hannah! Hannah never even told Ephram. All three shut him out. Ephram is lucky Andy even told him

Bright has learned the hard way that his problems are trumped (excuse the verb!) by Ephramś problems and realized it would be a waste of time to share them with Ephram.

Quote:
Exactly right. I like how Amy is not in a good place with her romantic life but she cares for Hannah so much, she supports her and is truly happy for Hannah.
Amy just doesn´t want Hannah to be hurt and fears that Bright would hurt Hannah.

Quote:
Yes, that was good Ephram did offer to cancel his trip. I am not sure if he knew Amy would say
The old Ephram never would have gone.
no so it was an easy request he knew would be denied or he really wanted to stay. But it was nice that he offered this even if completely rejected by Amy.
The old Ephram pretty much died. And even though he offered to stay, he didn´t hesitate to leave when Amy gave him the okay.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:52 PM
Administrator

I thought that this was an incredibly moving episode that saw some of the characters embark on journeys into the unknown and into an uncertain future. Some of these journeys were voluntary, but other journeys were due to tragic circumstances that had manifested themselves, as Ephram got ready to leave home, and Jake and Nina entered a new phase in their professional and romantic relationship, and Rose and the Abbotts looked at her prospects for the treatment of a cancerous tumor that was spreading at an alarming rate.

The episode opened up with Delia trying to convince a reluctant Andy to let her go to sleepaway camp, saying that she would be a social pariah if she didn’t go, and when Andy asked her if she knew what a pariah was, she said “I don’t even know what social means,” providing one of the few light moments in this otherwise very sad and dark episode.

We then saw Ephram walk in and Andy said that he had mail, and we saw that his ticket to London had arrived, and Ephram announced that he was leaving for England that Friday and he didn’t know when he would be coming back, leaving Delia brokenhearted and she left the room. Andy expressed surprise that Ephram would be leaving so soon considering everything that was going on with the Abbotts, but Ephram didn’t know anything that was going on with them, so Andy told a shocked Ephram that Rose had cancer.

We saw Nina walk into work at Mama Joy’s only to find it being taken apart, and her boss told her that they were going out of business, which shocked and dismayed her, and we later saw Jake and Andy talk to an upset Nina at Mama Joy’s, and we started to see friction develop between them.

We saw Harold and the rest of the Abbotts at the hospital and they were informed by Rose’s doctor that the tumor had grown and it was now touching her spinal cord, and the surgery she would need would now be more complicated and riskier now, and there was a possibility of paralysis. I thought it was so touching when Bright thanked the doctor, showing what a good heart he had.

We saw Hannah and a bumbling Topher trying to organize everything in the Abbott house to try and make things easier for them, and then the Abbotts came home, and we saw Hannah look at Bright adoringly as he carried Rose up the stairs. I felt sorry for Topher as Harold called him by another name and Topher told him what his name actually was, and Harold said that he didn’t care.

We saw Ephram call Amy and she ignored the call signaling at this point that she was done with him, which was totally understandable considering what she was having to deal with and how he treated her.

We also saw Bright and Ephram at the pharmacy as Bright picked up a bunch of prescriptions for Rose, and he seemed concerned at the sheer number of them. Ephram then asked Bright how Amy was doing and Bright said that she had largely shut down her emotions and he mentioned that Hannah said that people deal with grief in different ways, which Ephram picked up on, and Bright talked about how he really liked Hannah but she seemed “joined at the hip” with Topher, and then Ephram mentioned that he had called Amy a few times and she didn’t call back, and Bright said “maybe you should stop calling.”

We later saw Ephram come to see Amy and he expressed his concern for her and her family and he offered to postpone or cancel his trip, but Amy told him that he shouldn’t do that and she coldly dismissed him, giving him a taste of the hurt and heartbreak that he had so coldly and so wrongly inflicted on her.

We saw Jake tell Nina that he was going to buy Mama Joy’s and he wanted her to run it, and she was excited about that prospect, but we then saw him undermine her decisions when they met with a contractor to discuss revamping the place. This is when I started to dislike Jake and Nina together because he seemed to only give lip service to her plans, and he talked about entertaining other prospects for the venue, or having someone else run the place instead of her, and it wasn’t until a well dressed and professional looking Nina came to him with a well thought out plan for the restaurant and she told him that she could make all this work but she needed his help did he finally give her the respect and consideration that she deserved.

We saw Rose meet her prospective surgeon, and he was very cold, brusque, and businesslike, and he talked very fast, reminding Andy of how he used to be as he patiently explained the procedure to Rose after he left.

We saw Andy give Ephram a graduation gift from Julia, and he told Ephram the story of a sweet and enthusiastic patient that he had lost when he was a young surgeon and how devastated Julia was by that loss, and she started making plans for the possibility of a future where she might not be there “just in case,” but Andy movingly said that he never expected that she wouldn’t actually be there for one of the key events in the life of one of her children. I could so relate to this scene because the year my mother died my father gave me a gift of a Hummel Figurine that she had bought for me, and just like Andy, my father never expected that my mother wouldn’t be there to give me that gift.

We saw Ephram come to see Delia and he told her that he was going to keep in touch with her but he couldn’t tell her why he was leaving or why he hated Andy so much because it hurt too much, and he also said that he couldn’t make promises that he might not be able to keep for when he might be back. I loved it when Delia said that maybe she should start hating Andy too, and he told her not to do that and that Andy was a good father and he had a good heart, and he asked her to promise him that she would listen to Andy and take care of him, and Delia tearfully said goodbye to him. I thought that this scene signified that Ephram didn’t really hate Andy either but he wasn’t ready to forgive him yet, and he needed to get away to sort all his feelings out.

We saw Rose ask Andy how his friend Donald was doing, and she reminded him how confident Donald was in Andy’s abilities and she told Andy that she didn’t like the surgeon that was going to perform her surgery, and in an incredibly moving scene, she asked Andy to perform the surgery, but Andy said her was too close to her and her family to perform the surgery and he reminded her what had happened with Colin, but Rose said that Andy was the right person to perform the surgery because he loved her family as much as she did. Once again, I was struck by what a good actress that Merrilyn Gann was, as this scene was so emotionally powerful and heartfelt.

We saw Jake tell Nina that the bank had balked on the loan even though he had sold his house in Los Angeles, and a delighted Nina said that he was really here to stay, and she suggested that he move in with her to be in a better financial position for that loan, and she told him that she loved him and he told her that he loved her.

We saw Amy looking beautiful in her graduation gown, and a tearful and emotionally distraught Harold told her that Rose couldn’t go to the graduation ceremony, and that Bright was going to stay with her, and he broke down in front of Amy in an incredibly moving scene.

In the final scene, we saw Ephram open up the graduation gift that Julia had given him on the plane, and it was a book called “Oh the places you’ll go,” and Julia’s letter to Ephram was so incredibly moving, and her words were so heartfelt and full of wisdom as she reached out from Heaven to the son that she loved so much, and this scene, like so many other scenes in this episode, moved me to tears.

Overall, this was an incredibly powerful and moving episode, and once again, Everwood had the ability to reach our hearts like no other show ever has.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This baby reveal has completely changed Ephram´s personality. It was the guy who would do anything to protect/help/comfort his girls (Amy and Delia) and now he just dismisses their pain and just worries about his pain.
This is very true. What do you think of this reality? Is he justified? Slightly justified? Ideally, as a super huge Ephram fan, what is your take? If you could’ve written Ephram during this time period, how would you have gone there?

Quote:
Ephramś judgement right now is so idiotic and over the top! If he has selected trip to the mountains it would have been a getaway and he probably could have kept his studio and his precious piano. Ephram just isn thinking straight at the moment!
Right?! It doesn’t make any sense. Getting rid of his studio/his piano wasn’t the way to go.

Quote:
Bright has learned the hard way that his problems are trumped (excuse the verb!) by Ephramś problems and realized it would be a waste of time to share them with Ephram.
That’s very true. Bright was very perceptive here and had past experience for confirmation.

Quote:
Amy just doesn´t want Hannah to be hurt and fears that Bright would hurt Hannah.
Yes. Exactly. We see in the future (cheating) she has reason to be concerned too.

Quote:
The old Ephram pretty much died. And even though he offered to stay, he didn´t hesitate to leave when Amy gave him the okay.
That’s right. I think Amy knew that too. I think she realized he wasn’t all there and had he stayed it wouldn’t have helped anyone, including Ephram. She had to protect herself and I’d like to believe she was also thinking of Ephram and wanted him to find his head and heart once again.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-22-2022 at 05:23 AM
Old 08-22-2022, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is very true. What do you think of this reality? Is he justified? Slightly justified? Ideally, as a super huge Ephram fan, what is your take? If you could’ve written Ephram during this time period, how would you have gone there?
As an Ephram fan and a logical human being...I would not write Ephram like this. I can see his hurt causing him to detest his dad at the moment, and to want to get as far away from him as possible. But....the guy who I thought Ephram was would never abandon Delia who has relied on him to help keep her family together and somewhat normal since her mom died. The guy who I thought Ephram was would never ever leave Amy at this time epecially since he is aware of the fear she must have and pain of losing a mom! So...I would not have gone there. Ephram would have stayed.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I thought that this was an incredibly moving episode that saw some of the characters embark on journeys into the unknown and into an uncertain future. Some of these journeys were voluntary, but other journeys were due to tragic circumstances that had manifested themselves, as Ephram got ready to leave home, and Jake and Nina entered a new phase in their professional and romantic relationship, and Rose and the Abbotts looked at her prospects for the treatment of a cancerous tumor that was spreading at an alarming rate.

You did it again, Jerry, found a recurring theme with every situation in this episode. Nina and Jake had no choice but to move in together and try to start a new business. Iḿ sure Nina would have loved to keep her job at Mama Joyś and Jake would have loved to keep his apartment....but then...maybe wouldn have wanted that! lol Rose and Harold had free will and choice taken away from them and have to journey into an unknown dangerous surgery.
Ephram, on the other hand, had other choices and he chose the worst choice....leaving. Fool.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
THOUGHTS AFTER WATCHING EPISODE

Delia: I love that she's fighting to go to sleep-away camp in the same state, but Ephram is going to another continent and no big deal. He overruled his father on dating an adult babysitter hired to watch Delia, not seduce him, ends up getting the adult babysitter pregnant. Andy doesn’t handle the aftermath perfectly which makes Ephram think he gets to sell all of us piano equipment his father bought him (thus, never his to sell) and then takes off for Europe even though his father, sister, the Abbott siblings deep down need him in Everwood. He does not care. So yes, Delia, you have every right to complain about this.

Also regarding Delia… how much more is she expected to take? She didn't deserve seeing Ephram and Madison and their gross relationship in the first place, followed by the confusing part after they broke up, and now this horrible situation between her father and brother with Ephram bailing on her and leaving for Europe. Honestly, Delia suffered the most and was the biggest victim of all. Does anyone around her see this? It is really sad. She is still so young, her mother died and now her brother is leaving. Even if he said the right things to her, she still has to be heartbroken seeing him leaving and not knowing whether he is coming back or not. So sad and I feel Delia should not have had to go through any of this. It was avoidable. Delia running away in the beginning scene with Ephram all cold, saying she will be fine, Delia looking up London stuff, so upset after Ephram says goodbye. Not to mention all of S2 she was tortured during anything gross Ephram and Madison. So many things Ephram has personally done to his little sister is what disturbs me the most.
Andy, from the moment that Julia died, has let Ephram walk all over him, and it had disastrous consequences that concluded in Ephram leaving for Europe. Andy's efforts to protect him from Madison's pregnancy which never would have happened if Andy had put his foot down like he should have completely backfired and it undid all the progress that they had made as father and son, and now, for the second time, Andy has lost Ephram, only this time, he's lost Ephram physically as well as emotionally.

Quote:
I don't think that Delia knew about Madison's pregnancy and maybe she never got to know about it. My heart broke for Delia in this episode because the brother she loved so much was leaving and she didn't know why, and his disregard for her feelings was so cruel, but it reflected who Ephram had become after the baby reveal.

Quote:
Nina & Jake: This is definitely the episode I start disliking them. I actually think it was a nice gesture and business opportunity for both Jake and Nina to save the restaurant space. From a business perspective, I completely understand why they are going there. But overall I feel like their relationship is now way too front and center. Finding out that they are going to live together now only makes me think of Andy and of course Andy and Nina because they are meant to be together. This is only a reminder that we have to endure Nina and Jake until essentially the series finale as well. Even watching them live and not knowing we would have to see them the rest of the way, I was already annoyed and hated that they would live together even if it might’ve made sense financially. In general, Nina comes across as emotionally passive in this one. I just hated that moment when she suggested sex because he bought the restaurant space and then so happy he sold his LA home. Mostly, I’m just annoyed knowing that she feels she’s in it for the long-haul with him, going into business together, now living together as Andy sits alone, the one she’s meant to be with.
I really started disliking Nina and Jake together in this episode and I also dislike that their relationship was now so front and center. I also didn't like how Jake said that Nina could run the restaurant but then he second guessed every decision that she made and he even wanted to entertian other proposals for the space and put someone else in charge of the restaurant, which showed a complete lack of respect for Nina as a person and as a businesswoman.

Quote:
Ephram: I like the way that Ephram acted to the news of Rose's cancer. I also like that he was at least respecting his father during conversations and moments. Finally. I think he tried to make things right with Delia. However, while calling Amy is definitely justified and makes sense, showing up at her house making it seem like she was doing something wrong because she wasn’t responding to his calls seemed weird to me. What and the hell does he expect? He cannot just go back into best friend mode. They are well past that kind of label. He knows it. I know that he was reminded of how much of a rock he was for her in the past. But that was the past. So much has happened. You can’t go back in time and even Amy says this in 4.1. Things are different now. He also witnessed Bright clearly breaking down at the pharmacy. He knows everyone around him is hurting but still gets on the plane. That’s fine but he cannot expect certainly his situation with Amy to go back in time. It doesn’t work that way.
Ephram did show some maturity in this episode and I was glad that he felt bad about Rose's cancer, but I don't blame Amy one bit for shutting him out and for telling him to proceed with his plans to go to Europe. He had hurt her right down to her heart so she didn't need him around to hurt her some more while she had to deal with Rose's cancer.

Quote:
Ephram & Bright: The pharmacy scene was heartbreaking. They are still friends, that much is obvious, but it’s clear even Bright didn’t feel the need to tell him about Rose. Maybe he didn’t want to go there because it was tense between Ephram and Amy. He did tell him he has feelings for Hannah though which was a nice moment.
I was glad that Ephram and Bright were still friends and that Bright confided in him that he liked Hannah, but I was also glad that he didn't tell Ephram about Rose's cancer and he basically told Ephram to leave Amy alone, because Ephram was so wrapped up in his own drama that he wasn't capable of providing any empathy or solace to anyone else.

Quote:
Andy & Ephram: At least the coldness and cruel behavior from Ephram seems gone now. I liked the story Andy told Ephram about Julia. It was a wonderful moment. Magical.
I liked the scene between Andy and Ephram and that Ephram wasn't nasty to him for once, and the story that Andy told Ephram about the patient he lost and Julia's reaction to that loss was so moving.

Quote:
Bright: I loved Bright in this episode. Everything is coming down to his emotions. When he personally thanked the doctor after everyone left, very special. He's crying just due to picking up Rose's medication. I just hate that Bright thinks he has to go through this alone. He sees everyone else not crying and he pretends not to. I think it felt refreshing for him that he finally admitted his feelings for Hannah to Ephram at least.
I loved Bright in this episode too, and Teresa watched this episode with me and she said "I thought that he was supposed to be a jerk!" and I said "No, he's a really nice guy now!" I was so touched when he personally thanked Rose's doctor, which was such a kind gesture on his part. As always, it's the little things that make Everwood so special.

Quote:
I agree that Topher and Hannah are kind of cute together but he's so awkward and she isn't really attracted to him and her heart is with Bright. I felt sorry for Topher when he told Harold his name and Harold said "I don't care," and poor Topher said "Neither do I" in response.

Quote:
Andy & Rose & Harold: That surgeon was the devil. He was a carbon copy of Andy in NYC and Andy knew this. Rose was so scared and confused. It reminded me of real life and how so many people are stunned, scared, depressed like Rose over a serious diagnosis and have to deal with a medical professional like this idiot. I remember watching this for the first time realizing that Rose was going to turn to Andy.
That surgeon was just like Andy had been in New York and Andy recognized that. He reminded me of the doctor that Teresa and I see when we get our colonscopies and in my case endoscopies done. He's very brusque and he talks very fast, and it's hard to understand what he's saying, like when he told Teresa that she had Diverticulosis, and I heard it as Diverticulitis, and you had to explain the difference between the two conditions to me! He was also very brusque years ago when I had that cancer scare and he said that I needed to go to a cancer hospital for treatment.

Quote:
Andy & Rose: When Rose asked Andy to perform the surgery my heart was pounding. What a strong, emotional moment. I think it was the second biggest highlight of the episode with “Julia appearing” as the biggest highlight. This one wasn’t far behind.
That was a wonderful scene and I loved seeing the faith that Rose has in Andy.

Quote:
Amy: Amy is acting exactly like a young woman would be acting who has a painful past, but has grown and matured. She is allowing Hannah to be there for her, she is there for her family, but at the same time is now smart enough to understand she needs to protect herself from extra anxiety and pain right now which is why she is pushing Ephram away. It is a must due to her mental and physical health. Not too long ago Amy was battling severe depression. She has come a long way. It is satisfying seeing how this character has evolved. It was heartbreaking seeing her graduate with such a heavy heart given the situation with her mother and what has happened with Ephram. But she is strong, mature and beautifully handles herself the correct way.
I loved seeing Amy's growth throughout this year and in this episode and I don't blame her at all for pushing Ephram away.

Quote:
Harold & Amy: Harold breaking down to Amy was such an emotional moment. He tried so hard to keep it together and just couldn’t do it anymore. He also didn’t completely tell Amy the truth about Rose because he didn’t want to hurt her even more. Tom and Emily light it up on the screen together.
That really was an incredibly moving scene and Tom and Emily really play off each other so well.

Quote:
Ephram & Amy: Ephram absolutely could not break up and act all cold and weird and then expect everything to just go into friends mode again like nothing between them has happened over these few years. That's not how it works, Ephram. Obviously he's not an adult who fully can understand all of these things. If he would have been truly thinking, he wouldn't have gotten together with Madison, let alone impregnated her in the first place. But he still should understand his situation with Amy. He knows her, he knows their dynamic. He would have to understand that this is coming across as mind games over anything else. He's better off leaving her alone. Amy is literally protecting herself against… Ephram. Think about it. She truly is. She is almost acting like an abuse victim. I’m not saying that he abused her, but she is behaving in a manner where she feels the need to keep a wall built in between him and her, she doesn’t want him to get too close, she flat out told him to leave her alone in so many words. She refused to let him get close. Telling. So for anyone thinking Ephram did not mess up Amy in a profound way over the last few episodes it’s pretty clear that a light switch went off inside Amy’s head and she knows she needs to protect herself right now. During this moment in time she sees Ephram as unhealthy for her and needs to be away from him. We see in the beginning of S4 she feels the exact, same, way too. This goes on for several months. Amy has to protect herself from Ephram. Literally.
I don't blame Amy at all for putting up a wall between her and Ephram because he hurt her so much for no good reason. At that point she needed to protect her heart and that's what she did.

Quote:
FINAL THOUGHTS

What an incredibly heartbreaking, yet beautiful episode. Every stage a family experiences from cancer was revealed... so real and so genuine. Bright's determination to be strong, Harold's little white lies to reassure Amy even though he was crumbling inside knowing the truth, are all part of what a family goes through when a loved one is suffering with a potentially terminal illness. The Brown family and their different dynamics all going through tough moments. Julia surfaced once again and boy was it magical. This series has always been a spiritual one. Julia literally "knew" she was not meant to be around very long as a human in her life. She knew it, which is why she found the town of Everwood and made Andy promise her they would find this town should anything happen to her. She also got close with a woman who ended up passing away early, leaving her children which is precisely what happened to Julia. As a result, Julia prepared which is why the beautiful present was waiting for Ephram. The spirituality involved in this series is unlike anything I have ever seen before. It is flawless.

.. And if you should ever look up, and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over, retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart, where your hope lives.. you'll find your way again.

Julia's ending words were all about Amy. Notice the parallel at the end where they are showing Amy at graduation, Ephram on the plane, and as Julia is talking, it goes back and forth between Ephram and Amy...

Definitely, all about Amy... Amy is the purest thing in Ephram's heart. And as Julia said, following this path will lead him right back to finding his way again... with Amy. It was almost like Julia was sending Ephram back to Amy (by getting Ephram eventually back on the right path). The Fate and Destiny of this series is featured prominently.

Julia's full thoughts:

Not only was this directly related to the spiritual element of the show, Julia sending Ephram back on the right path to his love and happiness (I wonder how soon Ephram starts writing the postcards to Amy after this scene) but in general it hits me differently this time around due to the passing of my mother in 2015. I watched this series with my mom the first time around. Little did I know these words would affect me in the future because of my love for her and her passing. Julia’s words could be from my mom to her two daughters and granddaughters. Only this series can extract some of your biggest emotional moments in life and recreate them in a unique way. This show. This show.

That letter is precisely what makes Everwood, Everwood: Magical. Spiritual. Pure. Strong. Captivating. Beautiful.

This episode broke my heart on so many levels... it is clear to me Ephram still loves and wants to forgive Andy but he's just not completely ready yet. As stated, I do not blame Amy at all for her behavior towards Ephram. She needs to protect her physical and mental health. Right now Ephram threatens her stability. Harold’s breakdown in front of Amy was so sad. Bright crying and carrying Rose with Hannah overwhelmed by emotion, Rose asking Andy to do the surgery, the Brown family interaction and the goodbye moments… all of it consistently tugs at my heart.

Julia's Gift was pure Gold. I love how Julia’s presence returns throughout the entire series. Only Everwood.
Wonderful summary and I completely agree with every word that you said. I loved that we heard Julia's voice as Ephram read what she wrote to him in that book, showing once again that Julia was still with the family she loved so much.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-22-2022, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You did it again, Jerry, found a recurring theme with every situation in this episode. Nina and Jake had no choice but to move in together and try to start a new business. Iḿ sure Nina would have loved to keep her job at Mama Joyś and Jake would have loved to keep his apartment....but then...maybe wouldn have wanted that! lol Rose and Harold had free will and choice taken away from them and have to journey into an unknown dangerous surgery.
Ephram, on the other hand, had other choices and he chose the worst choice....leaving. Fool.
Thanks Betty! I've really enjoyed finding a theme in each one of these episodes.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, I didn't find the journey theme either! Great catch! That is precisely what was going on. Even Delia was going on a new journey without her brother, and as we see in S4, she drops the tomboy a little bit as well. A case can be made it wasn't necessary (I love Delia as a tomboy!) but nevertheless, she went on a new journey and transformation.

Quote:
The episode opened up with Delia trying to convince a reluctant Andy to let her go to sleepaway camp, saying that she would be a social pariah if she didn’t go, and when Andy asked her if she knew what a pariah was, she said “I don’t even know what social means,” providing one of the few light moments in this otherwise very sad and dark episode.

We then saw Ephram walk in and Andy said that he had mail, and we saw that his ticket to London had arrived, and Ephram announced that he was leaving for England that Friday and he didn’t know when he would be coming back, leaving Delia brokenhearted and she left the room. Andy expressed surprise that Ephram would be leaving so soon considering everything that was going on with the Abbotts, but Ephram didn’t know anything that was going on with them, so Andy told a shocked Ephram that Rose had cancer.

We saw Nina walk into work at Mama Joy’s only to find it being taken apart, and her boss told her that they were going out of business, which shocked and dismayed her, and we later saw Jake and Andy talk to an upset Nina at Mama Joy’s, and we started to see friction develop between them.

We saw Harold and the rest of the Abbotts at the hospital and they were informed by Rose’s doctor that the tumor had grown and it was now touching her spinal cord, and the surgery she would need would now be more complicated and riskier now, and there was a possibility of paralysis. I thought it was so touching when Bright thanked the doctor, showing what a good heart he had.
I thought it was interesting seeing both families plus Nina going through things and how it was displayed next to each other. Very different things, yet important at the same time.

Quote:
We saw Hannah and a bumbling Topher trying to organize everything in the Abbott house to try and make things easier for them, and then the Abbotts came home, and we saw Hannah look at Bright adoringly as he carried Rose up the stairs. I felt sorry for Topher as Harold called him by another name and Topher told him what his name actually was, and Harold said that he didn’t care.
I'm not sure if it was necessary to rip Topher so much. Bright, YES, that made sense. Bright was upset over his mother and consumed by jealousy and his feelings for Hannah. But Harold telling Topher his name didn't matter, while I laughed, it was also pretty rude. At least Amy was nice to Topher.

But I mean, we get it, Rina... Topher is soon being dumped by Hannah. He doesn't need trashed even if the character is a tad on the annoying side.

Quote:
We saw Ephram call Amy and she ignored the call signaling at this point that she was done with him, which was totally understandable considering what she was having to deal with and how he treated her.

We also saw Bright and Ephram at the pharmacy as Bright picked up a bunch of prescriptions for Rose, and he seemed concerned at the sheer number of them. Ephram then asked Bright how Amy was doing and Bright said that she had largely shut down her emotions and he mentioned that Hannah said that people deal with grief in different ways, which Ephram picked up on, and Bright talked about how he really liked Hannah but she seemed “joined at the hip” with Topher, and then Ephram mentioned that he had called Amy a few times and she didn’t call back, and Bright said “maybe you should stop calling.”

We later saw Ephram come to see Amy and he expressed his concern for her and her family and he offered to postpone or cancel his trip, but Amy told him that he shouldn’t do that and she coldly dismissed him, giving him a taste of the hurt and heartbreak that he had so coldly and so wrongly inflicted on her.
Ephram's interaction with the Abbott siblings during this moment on the show is really interesting. It is just kind of "there" without true meaning.

I find it off seeing Bright telling Ephram to go to Europe to clear his head due to impregnating an adult woman (he never should have been with) and wasn't told until later compared to Bright dealing with his mother suffering a severe cancer diagnosis... it is so off the wall different and Ephram's situation isn't nearly as devastating... at least by this point. Sorry... Ephram should have been telling Bright he will stay for him, and his situation really matters because it is life and death. Instead it was still all about Ephram pouting over Andy and Madison and a baby who was way better off with other parents.

Quote:
We saw Jake tell Nina that he was going to buy Mama Joy’s and he wanted her to run it, and she was excited about that prospect, but we then saw him undermine her decisions when they met with a contractor to discuss revamping the place. This is when I started to dislike Jake and Nina together because he seemed to only give lip service to her plans, and he talked about entertaining other prospects for the venue, or having someone else run the place instead of her, and it wasn’t until a well dressed and professional looking Nina came to him with a well thought out plan for the restaurant and she told him that she could make all this work but she needed his help did he finally give her the respect and consideration that she deserved.
While this was a turning point for Nina professionally, I was bored and annoyed watching every Nina and Jake scene.

Quote:
We saw Rose meet her prospective surgeon, and he was very cold, brusque, and businesslike, and he talked very fast, reminding Andy of how he used to be as he patiently explained the procedure to Rose after he left.
Andy noticing he WAS the surgeon in NYC was powerful.

Quote:
We saw Andy give Ephram a graduation gift from Julia, and he told Ephram the story of a sweet and enthusiastic patient that he had lost when he was a young surgeon and how devastated Julia was by that loss, and she started making plans for the possibility of a future where she might not be there “just in case,” but Andy movingly said that he never expected that she wouldn’t actually be there for one of the key events in the life of one of her children. I could so relate to this scene because the year my mother died my father gave me a gift of a Hummel Figurine that she had bought for me, and just like Andy, my father never expected that my mother wouldn’t be there to give me that gift.

We saw Ephram come to see Delia and he told her that he was going to keep in touch with her but he couldn’t tell her why he was leaving or why he hated Andy so much because it hurt too much, and he also said that he couldn’t make promises that he might not be able to keep for when he might be back. I loved it when Delia said that maybe she should start hating Andy too, and he told her not to do that and that Andy was a good father and he had a good heart, and he asked her to promise him that she would listen to Andy and take care of him, and Delia tearfully said goodbye to him. I thought that this scene signified that Ephram didn’t really hate Andy either but he wasn’t ready to forgive him yet, and he needed to get away to sort all his feelings out.

We saw Rose ask Andy how his friend Donald was doing, and she reminded him how confident Donald was in Andy’s abilities and she told Andy that she didn’t like the surgeon that was going to perform her surgery, and in an incredibly moving scene, she asked Andy to perform the surgery, but Andy said her was too close to her and her family to perform the surgery and he reminded her what had happened with Colin, but Rose said that Andy was the right person to perform the surgery because he loved her family as much as she did. Once again, I was struck by what a good actress that Merrilyn Gann was, as this scene was so emotionally powerful and heartfelt.

We saw Jake tell Nina that the bank had balked on the loan even though he had sold his house in Los Angeles, and a delighted Nina said that he was really here to stay, and she suggested that he move in with her to be in a better financial position for that loan, and she told him that she loved him and he told her that he loved her.
Seeing all that was going on between the two families plus Nina was just interesting even if I felt the Nina/Jake stuff was out of place. It was still an important point in time for Nina.

Quote:
We saw Amy looking beautiful in her graduation gown, and a tearful and emotionally distraught Harold told her that Rose couldn’t go to the graduation ceremony, and that Bright was going to stay with her, and he broke down in front of Amy in an incredibly moving scene.
I remember when this scene happened live. People were raving about how gorgeous Emily looked.

Quote:
In the final scene, we saw Ephram open up the graduation gift that Julia had given him on the plane, and it was a book called “Oh the places you’ll go,” and Julia’s letter to Ephram was so incredibly moving, and her words were so heartfelt and full of wisdom as she reached out from Heaven to the son that she loved so much, and this scene, like so many other scenes in this episode, moved me to tears.

Overall, this was an incredibly powerful and moving episode, and once again, Everwood had the ability to reach our hearts like no other show ever has.
Everwood brings it. You watch an episode like this one and realize nothing really compares. Certainly not Dawson's Creek and it makes me embarrassed I ever cared about such a low quality series compared to Everwood. Only Everwood.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-22-2022 at 07:26 AM
Old 08-22-2022, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
As an Ephram fan and a logical human being...I would not write Ephram like this. I can see his hurt causing him to detest his dad at the moment, and to want to get as far away from him as possible. But....the guy who I thought Ephram was would never abandon Delia who has relied on him to help keep her family together and somewhat normal since her mom died. The guy who I thought Ephram was would never ever leave Amy at this time epecially since he is aware of the fear she must have and pain of losing a mom! So...I would not have gone there. Ephram would have stayed.
Good thoughts.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Andy, from the moment that Julia died, has let Ephram walk all over him, and it had disastrous consequences that concluded in Ephram leaving for Europe. Andy's efforts to protect him from Madison's pregnancy which never would have happened if Andy had put his foot down like he should have completely backfired and it undid all the progress that they had made as father and son, and now, for the second time, Andy has lost Ephram, only this time, he's lost Ephram physically as well as emotionally.
Yes, and you've pointed this out throughout this rewatch so clearly, Jerry. There is a set pattern and it truly was up to Andy not to allow this. Which is why at the beginning of S2 when Andy refused Ephram and Madison they should have respected him. When they went against it, Andy should have come right back and said unacceptable. He had the power, Ephram was 16. If Andy would have said this is not happening, Ephram and you persist you can move out... Madison, for as flawed and ridiculous as she is, never would have continued on with Ephram. Andy needed to stop the pattern and gain the power back as a father. He didn't and was essentially punished for it at the end of S3.

Quote:
I don't think that Delia knew about Madison's pregnancy and maybe she never got to know about it. My heart broke for Delia in this episode because the brother she loved so much was leaving and she didn't know why, and his disregard for her feelings was so cruel, but it reflected who Ephram had become after the baby reveal.
Yes, Delia never knew. It was really heartbreaking witnessing Delia's shock, confusion, and pain. It was like losing Julia all over again when Ephram walked away from her during their goodbye scene. In her mind, it felt like that and I find it completely unacceptable. Even if Ephram didn't know when and if he was returning, you tell Delia you will see her soon, regardless! You do not leave letting her believe she might never see you again. LAME.

Quote:
I really started disliking Nina and Jake together in this episode and I also dislike that their relationship was now so front and center. I also didn't like how Jake said that Nina could run the restaurant but then he second guessed every decision that she made and he even wanted to entertian other proposals for the space and put someone else in charge of the restaurant, which showed a complete lack of respect for Nina as a person and as a businesswoman.
Next episode Jake and that wolf in sheep's clothing appears too.

Quote:
Ephram did show some maturity in this episode and I was glad that he felt bad about Rose's cancer, but I don't blame Amy one bit for shutting him out and for telling him to proceed with his plans to go to Europe. He had hurt her right down to her heart so she didn't need him around to hurt her some more while she had to deal with Rose's cancer.

I was glad that Ephram and Bright were still friends and that Bright confided in him that he liked Hannah, but I was also glad that he didn't tell Ephram about Rose's cancer and he basically told Ephram to leave Amy alone, because Ephram was so wrapped up in his own drama that he wasn't capable of providing any empathy or solace to anyone else.
Amy had every right. Yes, Bright could tell Ephram at least about Hannah even if he couldn't go there with Rose.

Quote:
I liked the scene between Andy and Ephram and that Ephram wasn't nasty to him for once, and the story that Andy told Ephram about the patient he lost and Julia's reaction to that loss was so moving.
Kind of shocked this scene and story didn't allow Ephram to just hike in the mountains for the week or ask Irv to borrow the cabin for a week or two, or even a month. But Europe for several months I just find so unnecessary. It would not have felt so "big" for Delia, Andy, the Abbott siblings if Ephram is alone at Irv's cabin. Ephram never had to sell Andy's expensive equipment either!

Quote:
I loved Bright in this episode too, and Teresa watched this episode with me and she said "I thought that he was supposed to be a jerk!" and I said "No, he's a really nice guy now!" I was so touched when he personally thanked Rose's doctor, which was such a kind gesture on his part. As always, it's the little things that make Everwood so special.
Awe!

Quote:
I agree that Topher and Hannah are kind of cute together but he's so awkward and she isn't really attracted to him and her heart is with Bright. I felt sorry for Topher when he told Harold his name and Harold said "I don't care," and poor Topher said "Neither do I" in response.
I thought that was way too much. WAY too much on Harold's end.

Quote:
That surgeon was just like Andy had been in New York and Andy recognized that. He reminded me of the doctor that Teresa and I see when we get our colonscopies and in my case endoscopies done. He's very brusque and he talks very fast, and it's hard to understand what he's saying, like when he told Teresa that she had Diverticulosis, and I heard it as Diverticulitis, and you had to explain the difference between the two conditions to me! He was also very brusque years ago when I had that cancer scare and he said that I needed to go to a cancer hospital for treatment.

That was a wonderful scene and I loved seeing the faith that Rose has in Andy.
Yes, indeed. It was a no brainer that Rose would turn to Andy. Kind of shocking Harold didn't want her to initially.

Quote:
I loved seeing Amy's growth throughout this year and in this episode and I don't blame her at all for pushing Ephram away.
It was necessary.

Quote:
That really was an incredibly moving scene and Tom and Emily really play off each other so well.

I don't blame Amy at all for putting up a wall between her and Ephram because he hurt her so much for no good reason. At that point she needed to protect her heart and that's what she did.
She could not take more hurt, pain and confusion from Ephram. She couldn't go there. Again, it is not mentioned on the show that Amy just suffered severe depression a year before this time. It is amazing how she has bounced back with such growth since that terribly dark time period. She understood her limits due to the past and Ephram just couldn't' hurt her anymore during this time period in order to keep her mental and physical health stable. Her mother's cancer diagnosis is what mattered.

Quote:
Wonderful summary and I completely agree with every word that you said. I loved that we heard Julia's voice as Ephram read what she wrote to him in that book, showing once again that Julia was still with the family she loved so much.
Thanks and great thoughts as usual your way, too!
Old 08-22-2022, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, I didn't find the journey theme either! Great catch! That is precisely what was going on. Even Delia was going on a new journey without her brother, and as we see in S4, she drops the tomboy a little bit as well. A case can be made it wasn't necessary (I love Delia as a tomboy!) but nevertheless, she went on a new journey and transformation.
Thanks! It's neat how each episode of this show followed a theme. Dawson's Creek did that in Season One but then they didn't bother after that season.

Quote:
I thought it was interesting seeing both families plus Nina going through things and how it was displayed next to each other. Very different things, yet important at the same time.
I completely agree.

Quote:
I'm not sure if it was necessary to rip Topher so much. Bright, YES, that made sense. Bright was upset over his mother and consumed by jealousy and his feelings for Hannah. But Harold telling Topher his name didn't matter, while I laughed, it was also pretty rude. At least Amy was nice to Topher.

But I mean, we get it, Rina... Topher is soon being dumped by Hannah. He doesn't need trashed even if the character is a tad on the annoying side.
I know, exactly. He's not going to be around for much longer so why keep taking shots at him?

Quote:
Ephram's interaction with the Abbott siblings during this moment on the show is really interesting. It is just kind of "there" without true meaning.
Ephram was still so absorbed in his own drama that he really didn't show any real empathy for Bright or Amy, which really went against everything he had been before.

Quote:
I find it off seeing Bright telling Ephram to go to Europe to clear his head due to impregnating an adult woman (he never should have been with) and wasn't told until later compared to Bright dealing with his mother suffering a severe cancer diagnosis... it is so off the wall different and Ephram's situation isn't nearly as devastating... at least by this point. Sorry... Ephram should have been telling Bright he will stay for him, and his situation really matters because it is life and death. Instead it was still all about Ephram pouting over Andy and Madison and a baby who was way better off with other parents.
From the perspective of what Amy and Bright were having to deal with, Ephram's issues were really minor but he was still totally focused on himself at that point.

Quote:
While this was a turning point for Nina professionally, I was bored and annoyed watching every Nina and Jake scene.
Same here.

Quote:
Andy noticing he WAS the surgeon in NYC was powerful.
It really was powerful.

Quote:
Seeing all that was going on between the two families plus Nina was just interesting even if I felt the Nina/Jake stuff was out of place. It was still an important point in time for Nina.
This was the beginning of when Nina became much more passive as a person which disappointed me.

Quote:
I remember when this scene happened live. People were raving about how gorgeous Emily looked.
She really did look so beautiful.

Quote:
Everwood brings it. You watch an episode like this one and realize nothing really compares. Certainly not Dawson's Creek and it makes me embarrassed I ever cared about such a low quality series compared to Everwood. Only Everwood.
Exactly. Only Everwood.

Reply   Post New Thread