Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2022, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I could see Ephram meeting up with Madison and her telling him that she changed her mind about the adoption and that she wanted to raise their child, and she would say that the only way she could contest the adoption was to declare Ephram as the father and have him and the child take a paternity test, and have him contest the adoption, so she would just be using him to get what she wanted, which would be so wrong, but so typical of Madison.

I think that Ephram might go to Andy about it, but their relationship was never really the same after the Madisongate reveal, or maybe he would have talked to Amy about it, but Amy, most likely feeling humiliated for putting herself out there with the Ferris Wheel only to not have Ephram come out, or finding out that Ephram went in to call Madison and that he was back in touch with her, might have turned away from him at that point. I could see either Andy or Amy saying that he would be taking his child away from the only family he ever knew, and that would make Ephram have second thoughts about Madison's selfish plan.

Ultimately, I think that after giving it some thought, Ephram would come to the decision to not go along with Madison's plan to contest the adoption because it wouldn't be fair to his son's parents or to his son. Ephram matured a great deal in Season Four and I think that he would ultimately do the right thing for his son, and the right thing was to allow his son to remain with his parents.
I love this. I honestly think you pretty much described how it was all going to go down.

I think Madison would have been in true villain mode too. It’s not just about her having second thoughts because I’m sure plenty of women have second thoughts after adoption happens. But for Madison to go back to Ephram, open up an old wound knowing she already betrayed him, and try to make him do this would have been really sickening.

I wonder how much of a romantic reunion delay for Ephram and Amy should S5 have happened.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would feel different taking the child away from the adoptive parents if he had been raised by them for a number of years, but the child was still very young.

Quote:
I'm honestly not sure about all that, as I would think that the mother would have the ultimate say, but I really don't know.
I REALLY dont think you can give a child up for adoption without the consent of BOTH parents. In Madisons case, the father was "unknown" so it was possible.

Quote:
Yes, in order to do DNA Testing, you have to take the test yourself, and any relatives also have to take the test to get a DNA match. That's how I found my birth half-sibling and cousins, because we all took the test.
I have a good friend that discovered she had siblings out there when she was in her late 30s. Apprently, her dad had cheated on her mom and neither of them had ever known it. Her dad has passed away at that point but I think she was pretty upset about this fact. I would be upset too.

My sister and I have had discussions about this and its EXTREMELY possible that my father had other kids. He was a bit of a womanizer back in the day and my mom has stories about "locking him down" by getting pregnant. i wonder if he had any other kids out there. My sister is heavily into family trees and this sort of thing and has looked it up but never found anything tho lol.

Quote:
So, Ephram would need to take the test and the baby's parents would have to submit a DNA sample from the baby so that sample could be tested, if it came to that.
The parents would be FORCED to get a DNA sample done. If Ephram wanted parental rights he could take his case to a judge and then a dna test would probably be required from the adoptive parent. I don't think they would have a choice in the matter.

Quote:
I just wonder if it would’ve been better if Ephram yelled and screamed around Amy during this time. I think his silence yet rejection might have been even worse.
No way. If he screamed and yelled I would NOT be understanding of him at all. So I am glad they didn't write it that way. Honestly, i felt terrible for Ephram the entire episode. It's kind of shockign to me that others didnt.

Quote:
I just wonder what the judge would do if Ephram would fight it on his own. Unless he had extra money from Julia you would think Andy would have to be involved. Ephram could have dropped out of school and gotten a job I guess but the court might have delayed things until he got on his feet. But where would the baby go until then? So messy.
I think its up to the judge to determine. But if Ephram was on track to graduate, had a job lined up, I think he would be able to get custody of his kid. Or maybe they would say, the kid would need to stay with the adoptive parents and give Ephram visitation rights. I dont think theres a clear cut answer, i think it depends on what the judge decides.

Thats why I said, if he had Amy's suppport, it would help. If the judge saw he had a girlfriend that wanted to help raise the kid, that would go a long way.

If the judge found out about the age gap between ephram/madison and that madison had essentiall raped/seduced Ephra, i am not sure she would be giving them custody back. Its all kind of up in the air. Interesting questions though.

I think another likely scenario is that they would have given Ephram visitation rights, like every weekend or something of that sort.

the adoptive parents had to know the risk they were taing too. Because I am sure that they had to know the details on the case, and probably knew that the father was unlisted... that would be a concern.

I thnk Ephram would be totally open to getting his son back if Madison presented the idea to him, tbh. I feel like, at the end of season 4 he felt like his hands were tied with the situation and he didnt know what he could do to get his kid back and was tring to just be okay with the situation but deep down I dont think he was.

But i dont remember season 4 and what was discussed about it so i would have to rewatch that season before i could really give an opinion.

I think Andy learned his lesson and would buttt out of the baby situation and tell Ephram to make decisions on his own and would support him either way.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
No way. If he screamed and yelled I would NOT be understanding of him at all. So I am glad they didn't write it that way. Honestly, i felt terrible for Ephram the entire episode. It's kind of shockign to me that others didnt.
I did feel sorry for Ephram in every way except for how he treated Amy. It’s an accumulation for me. It wasn’t too long ago he lied to her, blew off their date so he could go sneak around and see Madison and her band. Literally that just happened maybe a few months before this time. I don’t even think a lot of people would be able to forgive him for that behavior. He’s honestly lucky Amy forgave him and now there’s this baby situation.

But in general I absolutely feel sorry for Ephram and what Madison (and Andy) did to him which is why his treatment of both is justified. 100%.

Quote:
I think its up to the judge to determine. But if Ephram was on track to graduate, had a job lined up, I think he would be able to get custody of his kid. Or maybe they would say, the kid would need to stay with the adoptive parents and give Ephram visitation rights. I dont think theres a clear cut answer, i think it depends on what the judge decides.

Thats why I said, if he had Amy's suppport, it would help. If the judge saw he had a girlfriend that wanted to help raise the kid, that would go a long way.

If the judge found out about the age gap between ephram/madison and that madison had essentiall raped/seduced Ephra, i am not sure she would be giving them custody back. Its all kind of up in the air. Interesting questions though.

I think another likely scenario is that they would have given Ephram visitation rights, like every weekend or something of that sort.

the adoptive parents had to know the risk they were taing too. Because I am sure that they had to know the details on the case, and probably knew that the father was unlisted... that would be a concern.

I thnk Ephram would be totally open to getting his son back if Madison presented the idea to him, tbh. I feel like, at the end of season 4 he felt like his hands were tied with the situation and he didnt know what he could do to get his kid back and was tring to just be okay with the situation but deep down I dont think he was.

But i dont remember season 4 and what was discussed about it so i would have to rewatch that season before i could really give an opinion.

I think Andy learned his lesson and would buttt out of the baby situation and tell Ephram to make decisions on his own and would support him either way.
What do you think if Ephram would have been directly involved in the kid’s life in some way and Ephram and Amy reunited. Do you think Amy would have been supportive? How do you think it would’ve played out? Would there have been issues because of course the baby was conceived with Madison?
Old 08-02-2022, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yeah, I was mad at Ephram too for lying about Madison, of course. But that was one small thing. Amy did multiple things too that had me mad at her. Neither are perfect.

Quote:
What do you think if Ephram would have been directly involved in the kid’s life in some way and Ephram and Amy reunited. Do you think Amy would have been supportive? How do you think it would’ve played out? Would there have been issues because of course the baby was conceived with Madison?
I think thats what season 5 would have potentially been about.

In my head canon, he does get in touch with the birth parents, and an open adoption is granted to him and madison so they can have visitations with the kid. I would want Ephram to have a relationship with his son.

I think Amy would be supportive. And as they got older they would all mature and she would be even more supportive. E/A would probably start having their own kids after a while too.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Oh yeah, I was mad at Ephram too for lying about Madison, of course. But that was one small thing. Amy did multiple things too that had me mad at her. Neither are perfect.

I think thats what season 5 would have potentially been about.

In my head canon, he does get in touch with the birth parents, and an open adoption is granted to him and madison so they can have visitations with the kid. I would want Ephram to have a relationship with his son.

I think Amy would be supportive. And as they got older they would all mature and she would be even more supportive. E/A would probably start having their own kids after a while too.

That would be a great scenario. Plus, I don't think it's a coincidence they had the baby be a boy. I think in theory they wanted to parallel Andy and his neglect and Ephram and his son, showing why Ephram would have the desire to be the father that Andy in NYC never was to Ephram and Delia. When you think about this, it does explain why Ephram was clearly upset with passion over having a son out there and not knowing about it because Andy and Madison made incorrect decisions. The extra juice to his emotional reaction had to do with remembering what it was like growing up in NYC with an unavailable father.

This is why I would have loved seeing Ephram and Amy having children. Ephram would have been a terrific father to their children.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

He would and I think his first son would love to have a relationship with his siblings. It wouldn't have been so bad to see all that, but that would hopefully be years in the future. i would want E/A to be married without kids for a while.

random thought but what if the adoptive parents got divorced and remarried and then madison got remarried. that kid could potentially have 4 parents and 4 step parents lmao.
Old 08-04-2022, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He would and I think his first son would love to have a relationship with his siblings. It wouldn't have been so bad to see all that, but that would hopefully be years in the future. i would want E/A to be married without kids for a while.
Definitely. Oh yeah EA would have been perfect naturally encouraging a closeness between their children.

Quote:
random thought but what if the adoptive parents got divorced and remarried and then madison got remarried. that kid could potentially have 4 parents and 4 step parents lmao.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Okay guys, next episode happening Sunday and once a week until the finish line so back on track!
Old 08-05-2022, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds good! ^^
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Reply   Post New Thread