Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2022, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I wish I could respond to all your comments! lack of time mixed with me being really unmotivated lately prevents that from happening. but i really do enjoy the rewatch... we should find another show to binge once we are done with everwood. maybe an old wb show. any interest/suggestions?
It's okay! We're just so glad you are participating with us!

I am totally up for watching another show. We should take some time to think of one.

Quote:
I enjoyed this episode a lot. It felt very homey to me and just gave me good feelings. I really miss shows just having these natural conversations between characters that last for longer than .2 seconds. Shows nowadays just skip so fast over everything.
Bang on. Shows simply don't do this anymore which is sad. Everwood was so honest, real and relatable. Other shows like Gilmore Girls, same thing. Gone are the days (at least for now) when you naturally view relatable conversations having real and honest meaning in them.

Quote:
Not too much Jake in this one. I am not minding him so far. But well see when he starts to irritate me lol.
That's how I was in 3.1 with Jake. I needed refreshed on why he was so horrible and then was reminded after he played Harold... but by 3.2, I am already seeing neon signs of why overall I dislike him. But like you said, he wasn't in this episode much. As we know, he eventually gets more screen time... unfortunately.

Quote:
Andy's medical case was SO ANNOYING. I thought the husband was annoying and then the wife came in like a dummy and just allowed him to get away with the cheating. How lame, but whatever, they deserve each other. I wasn't fond of how Andy was acting with the whole thing? When he was talking to Nina he was irritating me lol.
Agreed! Plus, I can't get over Andy talking openly about the medical case to Nina in public as Betty pointed out. WTF. That was all kinds of illegal and crosses lines.

Quote:
Loved the Nina/Ephram moments and how he offered instantly to do the favor for her, that was cute.
I love how they consistently have these little talks over the series run.

Quote:
Also how he was confiding in her about Amy.
Yes! The Nina/Ephram talks are 99% always about Amy too which makes it even more adorable.

Quote:
The Hanna introduction was weird imo. It felt tacked on there and they could have waited til the next episode? Also, what sort of weird favor is that? Couldn't Nina just introduce them naturally? It felt so forced and awkward. I would be embarrassed if I were Hannah.
Agreed. This is why I do wonder if they were still thinking of making the Hannah character dark at this point. You are so right, everything about her introduction felt weird and forced even. I do wonder if they defined Hannah truly given what we know about changing direction with the character.

Quote:
HAROLD IS BACK. Finally, I'm loving him again. Him helping Jake when he didnt have to was nice. I also loved all the scenes with Andy SO FREAKING MUCH. That porch scene was so cute. And did he really have to drive over??? Couldn't he have just called? lol. God, they are so good together I want moreeeeeee. With that said, his advice not to tell Ephram about Madison was kinda dumb but I do get him wanting to just let them be happy together. It's kinda hard for me to look at Andy the same way though, I just keep thinking about how hes not telling Ephram the truth. Its gonna bug me for a while lol. But its good drama.
Good thoughts.

Quote:
Bright def. took advantage of the situation at home, which was not cool but I do understand him feeling lost and like he doesn't know what to do with his life... definitely been there lol.
I do as well! I just never pulled this because my mom, alone, would have seen right through it BEFORE I even went there... even a "thought" of going there would have had her on me knowing as much. So it was hopeless.

Quote:
EPHRAM AND AMY ARE SO DANG CUTE i was smiling like an idiot the whole episode. First, i loved them both kinda obsessing over each other at home on their computers. Ah, the days of IM, i remember that so vividly and the excitement you would feel when your crush would log on. haha. Then, the scene at school when they first saw each other and you could tell how nervous they were and how they both just wanted to talk. Greg and Emily are SO GOOD and completely understood their roles and characters. Then, Ephram realizing that he was being a dummy and that Amy was the most important... so cute. Also, him changing his whole schedule around for her. The little blow up was a bit annoying cuz ummm, Ephram brought that on himself, but still, loved seeing the passion there between them and the ending moment was also ADORABLEEEEE. Okay, squeeing over but sigh, I just love watchin these two finally get the storyline they deserve after waiting 2 years. (well not really this time around but in the shows timeline lol)

Quote:
I forgot about my top 5 I was doing!
You remembered!

Quote:
Last episode I would ahve said:

1. Amy (my girl is back on top, not that she ever really left)
2. Ephram
3. Harold
4. Andy
5. Bright
1. Amy is my favorite character, too.

Quote:
This episode:

1. Amy
2. Harold (so happy to see him back up here too)
3. Ephram (thank you for wising up)
4. Nina
5. Rose (we could use more of her come on)

sorry Andy, I wasnt a huge fan this episode.
Oh my God, so true about Rose. 3.2 was the first time we see Rose's office out of the home. Finally! Only took over two seasons.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-12-2022 at 09:56 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Dean told Andy that his wife left him because he got some stripper pregnant! Dean was a sleaze till the very end. It was in the last episode of Season Three where Harold brought all these people that Andy had helped to convince him to stay and not accept the position in Chicago and when he told him that he was his best friend. I get choked up thinking about that scene with Harold and Andy.
Thanks for refreshing my memory! Now I know why I forgot... I was too upset over Ephram and Amy to focus on the medical stuff. I remember that Harold and Andy scene.

Quote:
You said it all perfectly: Harold and Amy had a lifetime of love and caring as a strong foundation to fall back on, where Ephram and Andy had a lifetime of neglect and resentment, so their foundation really didn't exist or it barely existed, and that tenuous foundation would soon collapse with the Madisongate reveal.
Exactly right.

Quote:
Exactly.

Oh I know! Scott Wolf said that his character was meant to be an irritant, and boy was he!
He understood his character and he did a fantastic job annoying the vast majority of the audience.

Quote:

I wasn't really spoiled back then, but I knew Madisongate was coming, so I felt uneasy watching the show, and now, knowing when Madisongate will explode, it makes me feel even more uneasy watching the show and knowing what's coming.
100%.

Quote:
Absolutely.

I agree, but Harold was still all about Amy for the most part. Amy was clearly his pride and joy, and although we did have some good Bright and Harold moments on the show, they never were, or would be, as close as Harold and Amy.
Do you think Bright contributed to this or was it all Harold?

Quote:
Those proposed storylines would have been a disaster. I'm so glad that we didn't get to see them.
Me too. Oh, me too.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2022, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Here is a thread created by Jerry awhile back that discusses storylines that could have happened if we had a season 5. Feel free to speculate!

https://www.fanforum.com/f104/everwo...read-63246852/
Thanks for bringing this over, Betty!
Old 01-12-2022, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediseermic (View Post)
Do you think Bright contributed to this or was it all Harold?
I think that Bright sensed and saw early on that Amy was Harold's favorite child, so he probably stopped trying to get close to Harold and he was closer to Rose, and I also think that he was the local sports hero (along with Colin) before the accident so he didn't have the need to really communicate with either parent before everything came crashing down after the accident.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think that Bright sensed and saw early on that Amy was Harold's favorite child, so he probably stopped trying to get close to Harold and he was closer to Rose, and I also think that he was the local sports hero (along with Colin) before the accident so he didn't have the need to really communicate with either parent before everything came crashing down after the accident.
That’s all very true. Sports, Colin, being a hero for athleticism was his focus before the accident. So then when he carried guilt over his part in the accident he did need more parental support and eventually received it from Harold. But even so, he still had sports… until he didn’t and then needed more parental support. Yes, he always felt closer to Ross because of Amy and Harold. Sports was certainly a big part of his life.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediseermic (View Post)
That’s all very true. Sports, Colin, being a hero for athleticism was his focus before the accident. So then when he carried guilt over his part in the accident he did need more parental support and eventually received it from Harold. But even so, he still had sports… until he didn’t and then needed more parental support. Yes, he always felt closer to Ross because of Amy and Harold. Sports was certainly a big part of his life.
The thing was too that Bright didn't feel that he had to worry about his grades because he felt that his athletic prowess would be the key to getting into a prestigious college and maybe even getting a full scholarship to a prestigious college, but when he failed and was thrown off the football team, everything came crashing down for him. He should have been advised that grades were just as important, if not more important, than athletic prowess is to getting into college, so like you said Michelle, Bright needed better support all along, from both his parents and his teachers/guidance counselors.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-12-2022, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The thing was too that Bright didn't feel that he had to worry about his grades because he felt that his athletic prowess would be the key to getting into a prestigious college and maybe even getting a full scholarship to a prestigious college, but when he failed and was thrown off the football team, everything came crashing down for him. He should have been advised that grades were just as important, if not more important, than athletic prowess is to getting into college, so like you said Michelle, Bright needed better support all along, from both his parents and his teachers/guidance counselors.
That’s so true, Jerry. This is where both Harold and Rose were vital too. Yes a sane guidance counselor should be very good at talking big picture but ultimately parental support is essential concerning the near and distant future. Bright never really had any sort of plan.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
Yeah that guidance counselor pissed me off big time, and I didn't like how they tried to make us sympathize with him with his pathetic "oh I was having a bad day" excuse, i've had bad days but i've never gone off on someone like that for no reason.
Oh I know, he was horrible. If Bright had reported him he would have been fired.

Old 01-12-2022, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah that guidance counselor pissed me off big time, and I didn't like how they tried to make us sympathize with him with his pathetic "oh I was having a bad day" excuse, i've had bad days but i've never gone off on someone like that for no reason.
Agreed. I hated how he didn’t get in trouble for his unprofessional behavior. It was almost twisted around where Bright felt like he needed to be even extra nice to him. Ridiculous.
Old 01-15-2022, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My DVD player doesn't work suddenly. I had to quickly order one from Amazon which will arrive tomorrow. Then I can watch 3.3. Frustrating. I could have picked one up here locally but the deal I got on Amazon was too good to pass up.

Typically I watch online but the site I used suddenly has become super unstable and another site won't even open. There's a few places I could pay to watch per episode but opted to purchase a player instead. You can pay a tiny bit if you're a Prime member at Amazon but that aggravates me because as a prime member, in my mind you shouldn't have to pay!
Old 01-15-2022, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You can also get a 30 day free trial for HBO Max which has all of the episodes.
Thank you for this! You read my mind because I thought this was an option but scared I’d sign up and somehow they didn’t even have Everwood. Thanks! I might even still do this now even with the DVD player arriving tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm STILL rewatching Gilmore Girls (3 years later ) So not that one. I've watched OTH too many times to count but wouldn't be opposed to that.

I'd be down for Felicity since I only saw the series once, and season 1 twice... i was meaning to get back to rewatching but it just kinda fell off my plate.

I couldnt really get into charmed. I was already rewatching Dawsons Creek too, and think I got to season 3. cant remember lol. I got a bit bored of that one too tho.

Quote:
That's a good point about character conversations, that actually came up on the most recent episode of "Drama Queens"(a podcast where Sophia Bush, Bethany Joy Lenz and Hilarie Burton rewatch episodes of One Tree Hill each week and go over them)Sophia mentioned that she liked how their show actually took it's time with the characters and how every scene with the characters wasn't some huge plot info dump to move the story along like many dramas are these days(mainly because of how many episodes dramas used to have per season before the advent of streaming and cable)
yeah, i heard them say that after i had alrady written my own comment! lol. I am not loving drama queens though tbh. i love the girls but dang, sometimes their opinions on the show really irritate me.

Im trying to think of other CW shows that were around back then... hm...
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I'm STILL rewatching Gilmore Girls (3 years later ) So not that one. I've watched OTH too many times to count but wouldn't be opposed to that.
I haven't seen Gilmore Girls in a long time but yes, that is something you can just watch on the side all the time. OTH I can only get through the 6 seasons since the last couple bore me and without Chad and Hilarie I don't feel it.

Quote:
I'd be down for Felicity since I only saw the series once, and season 1 twice... i was meaning to get back to rewatching but it just kinda fell off my plate.
I've actually never seen Felicity. Shu has wanted me to check it out more than once. She might even join us if we pick Felicity.

Quote:
I couldnt really get into charmed. I was already rewatching Dawsons Creek too, and think I got to season 3. cant remember lol. I got a bit bored of that one too tho.
I never checked out Charmed either and oh yes, I never want to watch Dawson's Creek ever again given the triangle from hell and lack of quality post-S2.

Quote:
yeah, i heard them say that after i had alrady written my own comment! lol. I am not loving drama queens though tbh. i love the girls but dang, sometimes their opinions on the show really irritate me.
I thought about starting Drama Queens but simply don't have the time. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Im trying to think of other CW shows that were around back then... hm...
Another suggestion is watching a current CW show too. Have you seen Nancy Drew or not a fan? Shu is trying to get me to watch this one too since I was a fan of the books, although apparently the show doesn't match up much (follow the books very closely) with the book series.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Drama Queens is a good podcast to throw on in the background when you're doing something else around the house i've found.
Thanks for the tip. What site do you access the podcast from?
Old 01-19-2022, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I usually listen to it on iHeartRadio:https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-...eens-83532602/

But you can also listen to it on Google Podcasts and Spotify.
Thank you!
Reply   Post New Thread