Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-10-2004, 03:15 AM
Banned

My bets on Jack & Bobby as well. Wonderful picture. However, name changes here, name changes there.....I'm so confused. To WB*Get it right the first time people. Please! For eveyone's sake.*
Old 09-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree. I don't like name changes either.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pace & Jo
I agree. I don't like name changes either.
I hate name changes too. They always get me so confuesed!
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Shelley seems to be oblivious to Sams crush. I hope she doesn't break his heart. She is an awesome snowbaorder. She will be a fighter!

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:29 AM
Banned

I felt bad for Shelly with losing her Grandfather. It hurt her more then anyone else. Even her mother. The close relationship between her and her grandfather was sweet. Training together, the comment he made about if he had other ganddaughters. It was so beautiful.

I'm not sure if she threw herself towards that guy because she was sad of losing her Grandpa or just because she is a young teenage girl. Either way, it was a bad choice. How she ignored Sam was just wrong. I understand that she may have going after a possible relationship with this guy. However to forget your best friend is just cruel. I can't believe she doesn't realize that Sam likes her. Of course he could be coming off as acting like a brother to her.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

I hope Shelly sticks to snowboarding. I love her snowboarding scenes.

I hate it when a character is given a passion and then like a season later the writer's have forgotten all about it. I hope that doesn't happen with Shelly.

Also, I've gotten so used to seeing the name "Tara Thompson" that it was kind of a surprise to see her credited as "Tara C. Thompson."
Old 09-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject
I felt bad for Shelly with losing her Grandfather. It hurt her more then anyone else. Even her mother. The close relationship between her and her grandfather was sweet. Training together, the comment he made about if he had other ganddaughters. It was so beautiful.

I'm not sure if she threw herself towards that guy because she was sad of losing her Grandpa or just because she is a young teenage girl. Either way, it was a bad choice. How she ignored Sam was just wrong. I understand that she may have going after a possible relationship with this guy. However to forget your best friend is just cruel. I can't believe she doesn't realize that Sam likes her. Of course he could be coming off as acting like a brother to her.
I agree. I was really disappointed with the character of Shelley. I think she was really rude and completely selfish. Tara did a good job, but the character just rubbed me the wrong way. Forgive me, btw, for spelling Shelly with an "e," but I might go on and off with that. I forget

I think Shelly may have acted that way towards Sam because she does, in fact, feel too protected as if he was her brother. Still, absolutely no excuse for her actions.

And she was a bit, um, I don't want to say "****ty," but she was a bit... no, ****ty's fine. Yeah, that's what she was. I think I'll end up liking her, but only if her character changes. She needs to get over her rebel treat people like crap phase.

Still Tara, and the great job she did! I'm sure I'll end up liking Shelley.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Absolute Fan

I liked Shellys interaction with her brothers and mother. You could tell she was really close with Will. I think she may have acted the way she did because of her grandfathers death. I don't think she is "sleezy" all together, I think she just had a moment. She was just kissing him and she did try to stop Nick. I hate the way she treated Sam though.

Old 09-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Banned

The thing that bothers me the most with Shelly is I don't know how smart she is. I couldn't tell if she didn't know of Nick's intentions and was just a naive girl. Or if she did know and was just being playing it off. I for one perfer the intelligent version.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pace & Jo
I liked Shellys interaction with her brothers and mother. You could tell she was really close with Will. I think she may have acted the way she did because of her grandfathers death. I don't think she is "sleezy" all together, I think she just had a moment. She was just kissing him and she did try to stop Nick.
Yes, but she shouldn't have put herself in that situation. Like Michael said, she's very smart. I'm pretty sure she knew what was going to happen.

And no, she's not sleezy, I don't think, but she was in the episode. After having a guy practially maul her and then to start flirting with an older Dowling the way she did.... gah. It frustrates me, cuz her character has so much potential.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Absolute Fan

I think we really need to wait for more episodes before we can tell how a character is going to be portrayed. The pilot is suppose to grab the viewers attention. Next week she could be as innocent as an angel.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Extreme Fan

She's growing on me, a little. I've recently mostly liked her when she's with Michael, but I hate it when she treats Sam poorly when she is near Mr. Dowling I'm glad we're still getting to hear mention of her athletic talents, but we haven't seen anymore action scenes with her and the board. The writers seem to be toning down her immaturity a bit, but she's still got a lot of character growth and improvement to go through. One thing that frustrates me is how she can't handle the aftermath of her mistakes. She tries to fix them, but it seems like halfway through her attempts, she goes to a different route or just gives up (or maybe can't be bothered) with making things right. Very interesting, yet she's very complex... which may ultimately be a good thing? lol.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Philosophist
She's growing on me, a little. I've recently mostly liked her when she's with Michael, but I hate it when she treats Sam poorly when she is near Mr. Dowling
That is exactly how I feel. It's like Sam doesn't exist when Michael is around. Even if she isn't interested in him as a bf, he is still her best friend. Especially since we know now that Sam has such a horrible family structure.

I want to see some more interaction between herself and Will/David.

Old 10-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Extreme Fan

I'd also like to see more interaction b/w her and her brothers. We saw some of that in the pilot and the second eppy, but we're not seeing enough. Maybe when the murder mystery is out in the open we'll see more impact it has on the family, including Shel.

I'm not entirely sure Shelly knows about Sam's awful home life. She may have an idea, but I don't think she knows the extent of it.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Philosophist

I'm not entirely sure Shelly knows about Sam's awful home life. She may have an idea, but I don't think she knows the extent of it.
This is a definite possibility. Usually when you are suffering like that, you don't want anyone to know about it, especially the girl you like. Gennie seems to know about his situation, but she is probably hiding it from Shelly also.