Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Wait Til January? I don't think so! Make some noise!

If you, like many others, is disappointed that ABC is making us Alias fans wait seven months for a new season and only get 20 episodes then make some noise!
Below are some starting points and addresses of where you can contact the ABC network

the snail mail addy for ABC is here:

ABC, Inc.
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4551

Spend letters of support to the Alias cast and crew at:

Alias
The Disney Studios
500 S. Buena Vista St
Burbank, CA 91521

the email for audience relations is:

netaudr@abc.com

The Parents Council for TV has a list of local affilate addresses on this

page

Also, you can join the message boards at abc.go.com and let them know how you feel there.

I write a weekly review for Fanboyplanet.com of the show and plan to bring up this issue in my season finale review.

If anyone has other addresses or ideas, post them here!

"Love is being stupid together."

I have my own fun...
Old 05-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm disappointed by this too. Knowing Alias, there's prob going to be a great cliffhanger. I don't think I can last 7 months waiting to see what happens.
How many eps are in a regular season of Alias?
Old 05-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah this totally sucks. Where did you see that it was just 20 episodes? No matter what this really blows. I get the appeal of no reruns and all new eps back to back weeks BUT we will see how long they stick to that. With ABC's luck with dramas over the past years one would expect whatever they stick in Alias's slot to bomb. ABC was the last drama that actually lasted more than a full season on ABC and it debuted way back in 2001.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

There are no words. But i'm just going to say i'm PISSED!

No, seriously. I can't believe this. They replace Alias with a show they don't even know will succeed? C'mon!

Damn ABC, this is just going to cause BAD buzz on their part.

Idiots. I can't even talk about it!

And I want a full 22 episode order!
Old 05-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

When I read the word January in the list, I thought that was a mistake......This totally sucks. I can't put it into words how this makes me feel. I can barely wait for one of my shows to start in October, let alone January. But did any of you read why they are waiting for January? This is from Zap2it.com

Quote:
ABC announced Tuesday (May 18) that the fourth season of its cult-hit spy series is being held back until midseason as way to solve the on-this-week, off-the-next-two-weeks scheduling that has plagued the show.
I will admit that the scheduling this year has totally sucked. But if they rerun old episodes. The article also said that it was hard for them to put out episodes in consecutive order because of the locations that they shot the show. Either way, I am a little disappointed that the wait is going to be that long. But just think, the show will be every weekend once it starts and when it finally does air, it will be so exciting...which will let the show have a buzz about it when it premieres again.

Jen
Old 05-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Passionate Fan

I actually like the idea of no rerun between the episode. They had so much this episode that I basically lost interest in the show and I didn't think it was as good as the last seasons.

I hate that we have to wait so long knowing we will probably have a cliffhanger...

The thing is, I smell the end of Alias next season. It is going to go off the air and I am not surprised after the dissapointment that was season 3. I still think there is a lot they can do with it but ABC won't stuck by the show.

I also wonder if JJ didn't have anything to do with the decision. Maybe he asked the network to give him time to work on season 4 since he has to work on Lost at the same time.

What angers me the most in all of this is probably all the reality crap with get on every network instead of good quality TV. That angers me more than Alias being pushed back to Jan 2005.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes it sucks.

Yeah it sucks I know, but you figure, if you take all all the bunches of weeks inbetween the episodes that we've had since it started this season, it might as well have started in January anyway lol. I don't know...I'll be so glad it goes without weeks in between episodes, I think it'll be better for the show, and JJ said they needed more time for shoots and stuff so...maybe the extra time will make it even better. Who knows.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wanted to think before posting (since, as many other Alias fans, I was really angry). I think that the decision of starting Alias in January is crazy. With the Oscars and Grammys, Alias ratings are gonna drop if its aired the same day. There are only going to be 20 episodes. I know many Alias fans have asked that ABC should do something and although this will give the writers time to organize the storylines many people who don't watch the show every sunday will think that it was cancelled or simply they will stop watching. I'm just wondering how jennifer, michael and the cast reacted to this.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel like as angry as many Alias fans are today, we're only going to freak out more after watching whatever the heck the cliffhanger is on Sunday. It makes me mad too, but I'm going to be out of the country from Sept-April anyway. I'm still annoyed and I hope ABC is ready to hear from all of us. =P
Old 05-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

I honestly want to physically hurt someone right now. I found out about this 8th period in school today, while surfing the net. How can ABC be so stupid about this? ALIAS is the only top show for ABC and the rest of them lack in ratings....I mean come on! I am only 15 but I can see how this can hurt the show.

Like many of you have said, many fans might forget that ALIAS is on, on Sundays and this could be damaging to new fans as well. ALIAS needs to be bought by a different network like CBS or NBC or something because ABC does not know how to treat a major show. How can they put ALIAS as a mid-seaon show? That should happen for that new show they are putting in the ALIAS timeslot! Who the hell wants to see housewives and their stories? Thats something BRAVO or Lifetime should do...not ABC! I really am angry at this decision. I honestly hope that it will be changed.

Someone here said that the show might be off the air after seaon 4...could you please tell me why.

Paula

I'd like to be in the field getting my hands dirty and actually touch my gun.- Michael Vartan

Vote John Mayer Board
Old 05-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Supreme Fan

Ok, I too was beyond outraged when I heard this, but let's just calm down an think about this for a second. I think ya'll should also read this bit from Zap2it as well, before you go sending pounds of hate letters to ABC.

With "Alias," McPherson -- the former head of Touchstone TV, which produces the series -- says the show's location-heavy shooting schedule made it difficult to deliver a large number of consecutive episodes. Delaying the show will help solve that problem. Viewers won't have to worry as much about repeats and pre-emptions either

"I felt like it made a lot of sense to come on in January and run consecutive episodes without repeats from start to finish of the season, and to really get some momentum," McPherson says.

McPherson also says "Alias" creator J.J. Abrams came to him at the end of this season and said he wanted to "get back to some of the stuff that first inspired [Abrams] about the show."

"I think he saw ['Alias' star Jennifer Garner] in '13 Going on 30,' and there was such joy and happiness in her face," McPherson says. "I think we really want to get some of that infused back into the show, and we want to have a good running start to be able to do that."

I know it may SEEM horrible, but this may actually be a very good move for Alias. It'll give the writers more time to re-organize their thoughts. And the fact that JJ wants to get back to the old S1/S2...doesn't that SAY SOMTHING!?? He has been listening to fans' complaints and he too realizes that the show has been lacking this season. This may be the opportunity to fix things again, folks.

If anything, I'd write to ABC, voice your displeasement, but please, please don't be immature about it. Make them see that you're concerned for the show, not pissed off and making pointless threats that they'll pay no heed to. BELIEVE ME...I've been through this more than once with other shows. The object here is to show your support, one way or another. They're TRYING to fix the show...lets give them support and encouragement to start fresh in January. So...we have to wait longer...(a lot longer), and it sucks, I'll admit, but I'd wait just about any time if it meant the show going back to it's original thrill, action, romance, and happier days.

"In my life, there is only one person..." - Vaughn
Old 05-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't think it is a good move, ABC does not promote the show enough, not all of its fanbase are forum oriented.
If the show does not show up for 7 months many will think it has been let go,
They will forget to watch it,
it will lose viewers and ratings,
it will then be cancelled.
I guess to show support for it in the long run, we all should buy season 3 DVDs
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
Old 05-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

I don't think it was a good move either. They should be trying to win fans back, not put them off until next year. We have to have this in Australia each year where we have to wait 6 - 7 months for the ratings to come back and it is a long wait indeed. I think it is good that they will run it straight through though. It is about time!

I am hoping this cliffhanger is not all going to kill us.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hate that we have to wait so long, but at the same timeno repeats or long gaps inbetween episodes. I like it, kind of reminds me of HBO programming. But ... it still sucks we have to wait forever for a new episode of ALIAS after sundays episode.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

It may not be a good move for the show, but I think I'll like having it run with no repeats. I stopped watching season three because of the constant on again/off again episodes. I ended up missing a few and then just decided to wait for the DVDs. Having it run in January straight through will make it easier for me to watch, and January isn't really that far away.

But I can understand why fans would be concerned about what this change may do to the show's ratings.

~Kat
Closed Thread   Post New Thread