Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Passionate Fan

The Putiners Harem #11: Eat Your Heart Out, James Bond... Martinis Suck.

[img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] Yo, hoes! This is where yee come to worship he that goes by 'Sark'. Check yer weapons at the door!
(And ten brownie points to anyone who can explain why Ceci's talking like a pirate…) Ahem. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The royal Mr. Putin's Harem girls list
- Asian babe who kicks ass (Ash)
- Aussie Asian babe with many hidden talents (Em)
- Srawny white girl (Becca)
- Pale white girl with long red hair (Ceci)
- White chick who can do different accents (Angel)
- Canadian girl with curly brown hair (Steph)
- Crazy Canuck with devils in her eyes (Karen)
- Crazed Canuck on the Loose (Sarah)
- Crazy girl who can't think of a description [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] (Shelly)
- TBA description (Redrac)
- Brit chick with Sark's accent (Vass)
- Blonde with a gun (Cat)

Join the lurve? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Official faction name explanation by fella harem girl, Ceci [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"It first started when I came to the Alias Board, and more importantly the Sark Appreciation Thread, for the first time.
The crazy girls here were trying to think up a first name for Sark. We were all much amused by Victor Garber's suggestion of 'Steve', but with all our wacky theories over who, if anyone, Sark is related to... we decided the name should be Russian.
Names like Ivan and Sergei were thrown around... but they just weren't right. That's when someone (for the life of me I can't remember who, so please, show yourself and accept your Golden Sark Statue) said his name should be Putin.
The name's Sark, Putin Sark.
So, that's where 'Putin' came from.
And then we started talking about Sark's romantic interests on the show. I made some comment about how I should audition to play Sark's girlfriend, and then someone else said they'd be happy to fill that role as well, and yet another person wanted to vie for this position, and so on.
Eventually it seemed like Sark would have his choice of about a half dozen different ladies next season. And then I figured, Well, why should we fight over him? Can't we all just get along? And that's how I came to suggest that we were something like a harem.
Affirmative reactions around the thread led me to take it a step further and name the harem.
His Holiness, Maharajah Putin Sark's Royal Harem
Afterall, we couldn't just be 'Sark's Harem', could we? That would just be silly.
So then someone (can't remember who again, help me! I only keep track of the things *I* do) started to compile a list of all the harem girls and bizarre little descriptions of them that make no sense. It's a glorious thing indeed.
And lastly I made banners. Because I'm sad, addicted to fanart, and decided to try and make something that wasn't composed of 98% all beef james marsters man meat.
And that's basically it.
Steph made the opening post and whipped up the nifty thread title, and here we are. "

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Official Pimpin' Poster of Putin 'P.Putty' Sark the Pimp. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Sing Me A Sark Song:

'God Be With You' by Dolores O'Riordan
Mp3 Lyrics Ceci-Fanart1 Ceci-Fanart2 Ceci-Fanart3 Blue-Fanart1 Angel-Fanart1
'How Soon Is Now' by The Smiths; t.A.T.u.
Mp3 Lyrics Ceci-Fanart1 Ceci-Fanart2 Ceci-Fanart3 Ceci-Fanart4 Ceci-Fanart5 Ceci-Fanart6 Ceci-Fanart7
'Behind Blue Eyes' by The Who; Limp Bizkit
Link to Mp3 page Lyrics
'My December' by Linkin Park
Link to Mp3 page Lyrics Ceci-Fanart1

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Official Putiners Harem Music Vid:

'Karaoke Soul'. Music by Tom McRae. Vid by Joanna.
You can find this jaw-droppingly fantastic vid and several other's at Jo's site: This and That Videos

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] What's In A Name? (Possible first names for the enigmatic Mr. Sark)

_Putin
_Sergei
_Ivan
_Ian
_Nigel
_Timothy
_Alexei
_Nikolai
_Christian
_David
_Steve ( [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )
_Aidan

--- Names suggested by: The Harem; The Writers of Alias via David Anders; Victor Garber; and Ceci's freaky subconscious. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Definitions by Ceci.

Hoojee Boojee
Main Entry: hoo·jee boo·jee
Pronunciation: 'who-gEE; 'boo-gEE
Function: interjection
Etymology: From Latin hui!-, interjection meaning`` oh!
Date: circa 2003
: expression with multiple interpretations.
1 : hello // greetings
2 : goodbye // farewell
3 : that's great // fantastic < of, or relating to 'congratulations'
4 : that sucks // bummer < of, or relating to 'condolences'
5 : I love you < expression of affection
6 : ***** off // drop dead // get bent < expression of; command tempered by- loathing
synonym see ALOHA

Bottle Envy
Main Entry: bot·tle en·vy
Pronunciation: 'bä-t&l; 'en-vE
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English botel, from Middle French bouteille, from Medieval Latin butticula, diminutive of Late Latin buttis cask // Middle English envie, from Old French, from Latin invidia, from invidus envious, from invidEre to look askance at, envy, from in- + vidEre to see —more at WIT
Date: 'bottle'- 14th century // 'envy'- 13th century // Expression in full- 21st century
1 : painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by an inanimate object (ex- glass wine bottle) joined with a desire to possess the same advantage
ADD- outbreak of such fevered longing occurred post- Alias television event. Dated 10.28.2003. Titled- 'Repercussions'.
Irony of episode title noted.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] And to wrap up the post, here's some season three caps courtesy of DavidAnders.com! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hoojee Boojee Putiners! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``~``
Official Opening Post for The Harem composed and complied by STEPH [img]smilies/hp_hermione.gif[/img] and CECILIA [img]smilies/70s_donna.gif[/img]

'Harem List' credit goes to Em; 'Putin' credit belongs to Steph; and all artwork was made by Ceci. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

``~ Original thread title by Cat, made decidedly bitchier by myself. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ~``

[ 01-05-2004: Message edited Cecilia ]
Old 11-26-2003, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Thanks Ceci. I love Martinis suck [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Old 11-26-2003, 06:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Heh. Well, you know me... The title's either gotta be perverted or snarky. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm gonna head off to bed now (it's almost 5. *snort* ) but before I go... Did you see my newest creation? [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]

I call it Booty!Art. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Now there's a site I could stand to stare at forever... [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Ceci
Old 11-26-2003, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I saw it an :::::LOVE::::: it!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Almost 5! It; 7 here and I am about to leave for work. Wish I were going back to sleep. I still have this stupid fever.

Old 11-26-2003, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

*splash*

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Martinis suck. But Putinis rock. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

BWAHAHA! Booty!Art! Now there's a new category of AMAs. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The Holy Art of The Putin Bum.

what if we did some kind of Harem Fanart Challenge thingy?

Wooooooooooooooooooooot! YES! funfunfun. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The DVDs were out already? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Aaaah. Lenalenalenalena.
No Putin BLOWS. Was he in that merry xmas from the cast thang last year?

--> likes Anna. Especially a line she said to Summer in the ep you'll see tonight..*whistle*
But. The Archie type triangle puts me off. I'm shipping the rents again. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Sandy/Kirsten! *lurve*
/OT.

School. Physics test. Wish me luck! *sob*
Old 11-26-2003, 11:01 AM
Addicted Fan

Yea! I got to download My December...and you know what? I have heard it. I still love it. I can't believe there are so many versions out there though, but it is a beautiful song.

So, Alias Season 2 DVDs are out already?! Must go to Blockbuster. I had so much fun when I rented the Season 1 DVDs. I so did not want to return them. And I'm too broke to actually buy them. *thinking Christmas presents*
Old 11-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Stephy:

Where are my manners? I don't think I should post while being extremely tired. I always forget things that way... [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I've missed you. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

DAMN PEOPLE WHO DO NOT USE SPOILER TAGS! Dammit! Dammit! I thought it was a spec only thread, and the name they were using was, er, not the real one.

Ditto! If you're going to post spoilers where you're not supossed to at the very least put a spoiler tag! But atlas I think this is the point. Some people get a kick out of spoiling SpoV's... At one point in S1 of Alias I was a Spoiler Ho but I never told anyone anything unless they wanted to hear it (rather read it). And I pm'ed or e-mailed them whatever that lastest juice was they wanted to know.

Ok. I don't appreciate the only Putin we've got was the "previously on alias" blahblahwoofwoof.

ITA... LOL on the DA (Dark Angel) ref... I do that all the time in RL. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Bah! I've got to watch the Smallville eppy I taped. But keep talking I love to hear what y'all think. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Ceci:
Plus I rather Sarkish Song (perhaps our next?) 'Somewhere I Belong'.

We both also seem to be on a Linkin Park kick or sharing brain waves cause how freaky is it that I was thinking of using that song and you go and post about using it. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Love the snarky title to our thread!

Of course, being a Sarkney and a Lark... I have no desire whatsoever for any of these people to be related. I'm just tired of the Sarkneys saying Sark and Lauren are sibs just to make themselves feel more secure. It's killing my buzz, yo.

Totally understand this! I'm a Sarkney and a Lark as well. These two couples have some great chemistry here and it would really suck if one of them turned out to be brother and sister. Even half sibs wouldn't be good cause then I'd have to move to Egypt and live on da Nile. That wouldn't be cool! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

A side note to that, if some one were to create a cool fic *hint**hint* Blue using this theme I wouldn't mind reading it. As Sark says "My loyalties are flexible." Wait... That didn't sound right. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Uh... I mean as far as fic goes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Blue:
I do plan on making more vids...just gotta find the right songs and the right clips

Oooh! Can't wait!

Angel

P.S. We need a description of AMA in the Putin Dictionary for any Newbies to the thread and for Angel who has currently forgot what it means. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ 11-26-2003: Message edited TeddyBehr Angel ]

Oh yeah, O officer I'm looking for this watcher, she was following this guy who lives forever and now she's disappeared. ~ Joe Dawson

>>--398-->
Old 11-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm just tired of the Sarkneys saying Sark and Lauren are sibs just to make themselves feel more secure. It's killing my buzz, yo.
Agree, I'll try and get into a Lark state of mind just for Putin but like I said on another thread something more if diffinatly between them, I can't place it but it is there.

Even Lucifer retained his beauty after his fall. Julian Sark
Old 11-27-2003, 06:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Hoo boy... Well, it's past four in the morning and I don't have time to respond to everyone right now, so I'll catch up on posts later. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I just wanted to swing by before I head off to bed...

Steph, heh, you won't believe what I came across... I was reading a fic tonight and happened upon an exchange between Sark and Irina that made me burst out laughing, and immedietly I thought of you. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Tell me, what does this remind you of? [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]

“How did it go?” As if you don’t know—you were listening the whole time. Irina gave him a look that said as much. “It’s not like I had my ear pressed against the door,” Sark said defensively.

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Ah, memories... I pity those who aren't us. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Ceci
Old 11-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyBehr Angel:
<STRONG>

DAMN PEOPLE WHO DO NOT USE SPOILER TAGS! Dammit! Dammit! I thought it was a spec only thread, and the name they were using was, er, not the real one.

Ditto! If you're going to post spoilers where you're not supossed to at the very least put a spoiler tag! But atlas I think this is the point. Some people get a kick out of spoiling SpoV's... </STRONG>
If there is a spoiler on this board that either I or LiL_Starzz miss, please give us a PM and we'll get rid of it right away so no one else is spoiled.

Quote:
Of course, being a Sarkney and a Lark... I have no desire whatsoever for any of these people to be related. I'm just tired of the Sarkneys saying Sark and Lauren are sibs just to make themselves feel more secure. It's killing my buzz, yo. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Hey, I only said that cuz you were talking Sarkney sib. I really don't think there is a chance in hell that Lark is related [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2003, 08:35 AM
Supreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] jus checkin in on putiners harem [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] i'm around but not posting much

"Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great.
You can be that great generation...
Make Poverty History in 2005.
Make History in 2005.
Then we can all stand with our heads held high."

- Nelson Mandela
Old 11-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
“It’s not like I had my ear pressed against the door,” Sark said defensively.
LOL i'v eread that fic, it was good.

I hope there is some Putin this week or I'll be pissed, big time!

Even Lucifer retained his beauty after his fall. Julian Sark
Old 11-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Ceci!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

We are in advance of everybody in this fandom. Muahaha.

Quote:
If there is a spoiler on this board that either I or LiL_Starzz miss, please give us a PM and we'll get rid of it right away so no one else is spoiled.
Thanks Shells, but I got spoiled on SD-1. Heh.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Loyal Fan

ceci- nice fa... wish alias could show that more often... sigh...

i think it would be cool if there was a lauren/vaughn/sark triangle... of course, then where would syd go since she's the main character??? then again, there could be a very complicated quad. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
I'm personally split over lauren/sark or :gasp: lauren/vaughn....
but not to disgust anyone but i could see the writers making sark/lauren related or connected to anatagonize lauren more and push syd into the arms of vaughn
anyways, HAPPY THANKSGIVING
cya...
-shetan
Old 11-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Lalala, I have returned!! Not that I was gone for any amount of time or anything but just... yeah that. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] AnyWAY!! I come bearing art. Haha. I saw there was no art for Behind Blue Eyes and set myself upon it lol. This is what came of it. I've also got it on IS for people who can't see openshoebox stuff so just follow the link.

Bigger!!
ImageStation

Becca [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread