Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Letters to JJ...

Hey guys. I've seen this thread on other places before and I always thought it'd be fun to see what we'd want JJ to read from fans. Because hey, it is US that makes the world go 'round, man! So here's the deal, all you do is pretend you're writing to JJ about how you feel about the show. Simple, right? RIGHT team! Just make sure you don't flame or blast any of the cast and crew in a bad way. Got it? Good. Let's start...

Dear JJ,

May I just start off by saying, thanks for bringing Felicity and Alias to my life. I would not be complete without it. Second, where the HECK is Season 3 going? No really I want to know. There have been so many subplots and loose ends I think I tied myself in a knot. I can only hope that the last few episodes do not fail me. Especially because I always look forward to your slambangin Season Finales. And even tho this season hasn't been up to par as the last two I will most likely watch Alias fooooreeever. Hopefully some fans will realize that shows DO have their ups and downs and not complain so much and keep on watching.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Banned

Dear JJ,

"You are a genious... I mean... A horrible, bad, evil man... But genious."

Thanks for listening.

Love, Steph.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hmm....if I got to write a letter to JJ....

Dear Mr. Abrahms,

I must say I adore your shows. I was an avid watcher of Felicity and I just now turned to your brillant show Alias. I must say, this show is quite a thrill to watch. I haven't watched from the beginning I must admit, but I think that compared with season two, this season has been...quite different. If I could request one thing from you, I would ask this: please end the syd-vaughn-Lauren triangle and give us some Sark-Syd moments (as quickly as possible please [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ). Otherwise, I think you are a genius. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks for bringing us this show!

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Jen
Logan: It'll be fun. It'll be a thrill. Something stupid, something bad for you, just something different. Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me it's one less minute you haven't lived.
Jen Talley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

Dear JJ..

season 1 & 2, rocked my socks, no really, it did, season 3 however has put my socks to sleep, a deep deep coma type sleep.

my opinions on season 3..

Sydney- well she sucks, majorly, she is going to put kleenex out of business with all her tears, she needs to suck it up, and move on with her life. THe whole whinging/whining/weepy saga has gone on long enough, bring back season 1 syd !

Vaughn- must be MIA, cos they vaughn i am seeing on my screen, isnt the vaughn from season 1 or 2, he is an asshat, stringing along 2 woman, he is a grown man, if he cant make up his mind, then there is something seriously wrong.

Lauren- just kill her, save us all the pain. <-- and this is from a former lauren fan.

The love triangle- so so so pathetic. i would rather poke my eyes out with the nearest blunt object that see this geometry on my screen. take it away

Sydney/Vaughn- i think everyone knows they are gonna get back together, the moo moo eyes have been building all season. Let them jump each others bones, get it over with, and please make them more interesting than post-phase one. Cos basically, if i had a choice between watching S/V and watching grass grow- i would be all over the grass.

thats enough whining from me [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

If only i could kick his ass....There might be spoilers in my letter, so if you don't know a few things about upcoming eps, don't read my letter. My letter writing skills suck.

Dear JJ,
Thanks so much for such a well written show. The storyline is so awesome and the cast just kick ass. The twists and hidden agendas are always good. Every aspect of the show rocks. I've been watching since the start, and so far S2 has been the best in my opinion. S3 seems different, maybe it's just because i'm an Irina fan. The love triangle is a bit depressing, it's boring, and dull...and did i mention boring? If there's one thing i have a major problem with, it's Nadia, and the whole affair idea. Please let it be that Sloane is just lost and you were planning something else.
Before Alias i was an obsessed Buffy fan, and because of this im noticing parallels, is that on purpose or just coincidence? Coz seriously, a prophecy, a sister....what's next. Besides that, keep up the good work, do what you do best, make S4 kick ass. And please keep trying to get Lena back.

- Kristy
As my memory rests | But never forgets what I lost
Crazy Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -:
<STRONG>Dear JJ..

season 1 & 2, rocked my socks, no really, it did, season 3 however has put my socks to sleep, a deep deep coma type sleep.

my opinions on season 3..

Sydney- well she sucks, majorly, she is going to put kleenex out of business with all her tears, she needs to suck it up, and move on with her life. THe whole whinging/whining/weepy saga has gone on long enough, bring back season 1 syd !

Vaughn- must be MIA, cos they vaughn i am seeing on my screen, isnt the vaughn from season 1 or 2, he is an asshat, stringing along 2 woman, he is a grown man, if he cant make up his mind, then there is something seriously wrong.

Lauren- just kill her, save us all the pain. &lt;-- and this is from a former lauren fan.

The love triangle- so so so pathetic. i would rather poke my eyes out with the nearest blunt object that see this geometry on my screen. take it away

Sydney/Vaughn- i think everyone knows they are gonna get back together, the moo moo eyes have been building all season. Let them jump each others bones, get it over with, and please make them more interesting than post-phase one. Cos basically, if i had a choice between watching S/V and watching grass grow- i would be all over the grass.

thats enough whining from me [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Jen - loved your letter as you said all what I want to say, but I will add a PS. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

P.S: JJ I would like to add to Jen's letter that you need to either rid of Lauren or find an actress who can indeed act. MG is certainly not up to par with the quality acting from VG,CL,RR and the like....Please have JG smile a bit more in the show as her season 3 pout is starting to depress me, her cheerful expressions have disappeared with Vaughn's personality.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited Aussie Gal ]
Aussie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

Dear JJ,

Just think of this as constructive criticism ok [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I'm here to help.

Seasons 1 and 2 were great. Lots happened, there was suspense, good characters, and well written storylines *coughSpyFamilycough*. Then Season 3 stumbled along. I actually thought it was an interesting premise. Syd was missing two years of her life, and best of all, Vaughn was married so now we could hopefully have Syd focus on something else.

But what happens from there on in? Everything can be traced back to laziness and making bad decisions. Say it with me. Melissa George is not Lena Olin. I don't think she's a bad actress. I saw her on Friends and think she's more of a comedy actress than a dramatic one. Plus, dude. Lena. Olin. Pretty much no one goes past her, so get her back at any cost.

Your writers are definately not up to scratch at the moment. I mean take this for instance. Sark talks to someone on the phone telling them to "Take came of [his] father." Then Lauren tells someone else that she's taken care of it. Now I know you wanted it look like they were talking to each other, but then in After Six, Sark specifically says that he didn't figure Lauren was part of the Covenant. Then in The Frame Sark says that he did kill his father. All I have to say is: What the crap? Do you actually watch the episodes beforehand? Do you have people proofreading the continuity, or do you just throw something together and then hope nobody notices?

The last thing I have to say (for now) is get over it. What you may ask? Your obsession with incest. Dude. It is not cool Under. Any. Circumtances. Having Sark flirt with Syd and then have them be related? No. Wanting Lauren and Sark to have sex and then find out they're siblings? Double, quadruple times infinity NO!!!

And while I'm at it, please stop trying to make Sark related to everyone and anyone! This show has enough overused soap opera plots without adding yet another one. There are actually groups of people who aren't all related. Maybe you should be aiming for something more like that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ok, I lied, that wasn't the last thing. I can't do this without saying: Sarkney! Have something happen between them because, that? Would be so fricking hot, my TV would melt. You could really do something great if you got them together. They would never get boring, unlike, you know *coughSydandVaughn*.

And I know you won't do this, but it can't hurt to throw it in. Please, for the love of all that is good and pure. Kill Vaughn. He's boring, predictable, and takes screentime from characters who should get more. Like Sark [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] And SpyDaddy. I'm sure if you gave Lena Melissa and Vartan's salary you could get her back, and people would be so happy. See? Everybody wins. Think outside the box JJ [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Fireboard:
<STRONG>Dear JJ,

Just think of this as constructive criticism ok [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I'm here to help.

Seasons 1 and 2 were great. Lots happened, there was suspense, good characters, and well written storylines *coughSpyFamilycough*. Then Season 3 stumbled along. I actually thought it was an interesting premise. Syd was missing two years of her life, and best of all, Vaughn was married so now we could hopefully have Syd focus on something else.

But what happens from there on in? Everything can be traced back to laziness and making bad decisions. Say it with me. Melissa George is not Lena Olin. I don't think she's a bad actress. I saw her on Friends and think she's more of a comedy actress than a dramatic one. Plus, dude. Lena. Olin. Pretty much no one goes past her, so get her back at any cost.

Your writers are definately not up to scratch at the moment. I mean take this for instance. Sark talks to someone on the phone telling them to "Take came of [his] father." Then Lauren tells someone else that she's taken care of it. Now I know you wanted it look like they were talking to each other, but then in After Six, Sark specifically says that he didn't figure Lauren was part of the Covenant. Then in The Frame Sark says that he did kill his father. All I have to say is: What the crap? Do you actually watch the episodes beforehand? Do you have people proofreading the continuity, or do you just throw something together and then hope nobody notices?

The last thing I have to say (for now) is get over it. What you may ask? Your obsession with incest. Dude. It is not cool Under. Any. Circumtances. Having Sark flirt with Syd and then have them be related? No. Wanting Lauren and Sark to have sex and then find out they're siblings? Double, quadruple times infinity NO!!!

And while I'm at it, please stop trying to make Sark related to everyone and anyone! This show has enough overused soap opera plots without adding yet another one. There are actually groups of people who aren't all related. Maybe you should be aiming for something more like that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ok, I lied, that wasn't the last thing. I can't do this without saying: Sarkney! Have something happen between them because, that? Would be so fricking hot, my TV would melt. You could really do something great if you got them together. They would never get boring, unlike, you know *coughSydandVaughn*.

And I know you won't do this, but it can't hurt to throw it in. Please, for the love of all that is good and pure. Kill Vaughn. He's boring, predictable, and takes screentime from characters who should get more. Like Sark [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] And SpyDaddy. I'm sure if you gave Lena Melissa and Vartan's salary you could get her back, and people would be so happy. See? Everybody wins. Think outside the box JJ [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I agree with this, except to add that you should have Lauren kill Vaughn and then during a brief moment of clarity, kill herself.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Chiqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Dear JJ:
"I curse you, and hope that something slightly unpleasant happens to you, like an onion falling on your head. May the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment." A quote from BlackAdder.

Seriously JJ, I curse you. Where is the Alias of old? The Alias to which I would gasp and say "Where the hell did that come from?" This season sucks, JJ. I agree with what Nat said up there, kill Vaughn and bring back Lena. The show is nothing without her [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

I do, however, have a plan to get Alias back on track though.One Word.Sarkney. And let me tell you why...I see you are a fan of plot twists and cliffhangers and all that 'original' stuff that straight minded viewers hate. So, what better plot twist than Sarkney? Think about it, Sark=Evil, Syd=Good, then all of a sudden they are going at it like rabbits!! YAY show's good again!! I'm happy, you're happy everyone is happy [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Sarkney is just indiluted pure hotness, unlike other pairings that shall go unspoken *mouths* Syd/vaughn, Lark

All My Love, Me

Oh, P.S, And stop, STOP making Sark black, we know what happens when they make the transition from grey to black. If you ever kill off Sark, I will never watch your show, EVER, I know where you live JJ.

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited Pavlov's Belle ]
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Word to your entire post Nat. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Oh, P.S, And stop, STOP making Sark black, we know what happens when they make the transition from gret to black. If you ever kill off Sark, I will never watch your show EVER, I know where you live JJ.
Bwah! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] I second that. ::cocks gun::

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Dear JJ,

The [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img]?

Sincerely,
Kristi

icon by:Unknown
*Kristi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Oh Jen, Nat? Word. Wordy McWord.

Dear JJ,

Here's your to-do list:
- Please sell your soul to get Lena back.
- Kill Lauren, triangle, etc.
- Forget ANY idea you had about Irina/Sloane/Kiddie.
- Emphasis on the first and last things.
- Make S4 wonderful (one word: LENA) so we can just erase this season from our minds. Forever.
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Dear JJ,
Could you please explain to your loyal viewers what exactly happened with season 3? You had a great storyline with 'The Missing 2 Years' and instead..you turned our once fun and exciting show into 'Felicity meets Days Of Our Spies'.
Seriously, could you bring back some of the old formula, a more INDEPENDANT kick ass Syd, cliff hangers (and I don't mean just the big one for the season finale)and a lot less crying from Syd?
When you have a quality actress and you want her to Stay on the show...get it in writing! And furthermore, when you have an actress that didn't turn out like it was supposed to, DUDE! Just cut your losses and have Jack do a Hladaki moment on her! And do it soon! she's driving away your fan base in herds!
Furthermore, Sydneys moral fiber has always been of an upstanding, moral citizen. Sure when she was deep under cover and had no contact with her 'real' life, seemingly you had her knockin boots with Simon, all we know is that he was a shady, contract for hire guy..harmless and cute.
Don't ever have Syd 'hook' up with Sark, Syd has never shown any respect for him or interest other than to catch him and put him in jail so if you suddenly have her 'fall' for him it would be very unrealistic, unless you redeem his character..make him a secret CIA operative or something but I'd have to say that is farfetched, otherwise your whole storyline will have to be about how Jack Bristow has to hunt down and kill his own daughter for betraying her country.
While we are at it, quit picking on Vaughn. If you don't want Syd and Him together for awhile..there are other ways of keeping them apart, instead of emasculating him! It would just take some creative writing, I know you have seemingly lost that this season, so I'm hoping you'll get it back for season 4.
Oh yes.. instead of so much writing for the Fembot..you really should be utilizing your more talented actors such as Carl Lumbly, Ron Rifkin, And of Course Victor Garber!
I truly don't believe that any of your fanbase is understanding why these talented people were 'kicked to the curb' this season so that triangle that ate Alias could take over the show...
Sincerely,
Still Watching but wavering.

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited IfITellUIllHav2KillU ]
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
IfITellUIllHav2KillU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pavlov's Belle:
<STRONG>Dear JJ:

Oh, P.S, And stop, STOP making Sark black, we know what happens when they make the transition from grey to black. If you ever kill off Sark, I will never watch your show, EVER, I know where you live JJ.

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited Pavlov's Belle ]</STRONG>
Amen to that! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

And to everyone that said something about Lena, I totally agree; we need SpyMommy back!
Logan: It'll be fun. It'll be a thrill. Something stupid, something bad for you, just something different. Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me it's one less minute you haven't lived.
Jen Talley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Dear JJ:

Season 3 was sheer, unadulterated sucktitude. It sucked with a force so great that it could have ripped a hole in the space-time continuum. Season 4 was better. (except for the toy helicopter of death, the unicorn, and Zombie Nadia...WTF? Dude, I want to know what bong you hit off of. Anyways.) Please don't make Season 5 suck. I've read spoilers. I've read the rumors. I've read the casting changes. You have a very, very small window of opportunity, here. Use it wisely.

Love,
Me
ChiltonYale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread