Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

CIA Lingo

OKay....I came up with this project idea and I need some words or things that describe the CIA. I need the know the lingo they use such as de-brief and all that so if you guys could help out, that would be great.

Paula

I'd like to be in the field getting my hands dirty and actually touch my gun.- Michael Vartan

Vote John Mayer Board
*Soccer Diva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Absolute Fan

mission
intel
counterintelligence
optechs
the farm
undercover

Is this what you mean?
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
IfITellUIllHav2KillU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

YES!!

Thank you!

Paula

I'd like to be in the field getting my hands dirty and actually touch my gun.- Michael Vartan

Vote John Mayer Board
Old 07-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Total Fan

Handler
Asset
Cover
Dead drop
Countermission

If I think of any other ones later I'll post them.
You are my signal fire.
The only resolution and the only joy,
Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyes.

Last edited by BreathofJasmine; 07-13-2004 at 07:18 AM
BreathofJasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by IfITellUIllHav2KillU
the farm
I have to admit I tune out during the big 'blah blah CIA briefings so I don't really know any (except for a few people have already said. But what is 'The Farm'? I'm assuming they don't mean an actual farm...
Old 07-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Absolute Fan

The Farm is the actual facility new recruits go to do training. Driving, weaponry, they even have simulation strrets for 'missions' with sniper fire etc..

The Farm
The CIA training facility near Williamsburg, VA, operated under the guise of Camp Peary. Also, a private intelligence training facility outside Atlanta, Georgia, operated mostly by former federal intelligence officers.

The cable channel TLC (The Learning Channel)even had a mini series/game to find the next recruit called Spymaster it was pretty neat of course they paint balled for 'hits'
here's a blurb on it...

Dang, I'm about to get hooked by a fake reality TV show! It's called Spymaster and it's supposed to take us through five weeks of mental and physical skills training. Like almost all of the shows on TV today, this one is also a contest where only one person will win. If Spymaster can avoid all of the backstabbing and pseudo intrigue the other shows seem to get off on, I might really like it.

I'm going to tape all of the episodes for research purposes (so I can write an espionage suspense novel and seem credible). I've been collecting research materials for years. Granted, I haven't been at this full time, but do you know how difficult it is to find a book, video or story about what it takes to be a spy? Next to impossible. The FBI and the CIA just don't want to give up the goods. I've got a small library at home on espionage-related material, but it's all very ... vague. Unless they're talking about events or persons of more than 30 years ago, which doesn't do me a lot of good.

Ever seen the show ALIAS on TV? Well, ALIAS was inspired by the TV show La Femme Nikita (LFN). ALIAS has a much bigger budget than LFN had, but ALIAS can't hold a birthday cake candle to the much better written episodes of the smaller budget show. LFN was popular before the movie versions of Mission Impossible, Spy Game, The Bourne Identity and The Recruit. La Femme Nikita is also the show that inspired me to write my own romantic espionage novel.

Meanwhile, I hope Spymaster will provide me with some juicy training scenes. All I need is the right spark to set off the rest of the blaze. Spymaster airs Tuesday nights at 10:00 ET on cable channel TLC.

http://cobweb.scarymonsters.net/~corleyj/truth/fbiterms.html
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
Old 07-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you everyone for posting your CIA LINGO....it really is helping out alot!

Paula

Vote John Mayer Board
Old 07-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Soccer diva hit the last link in my previous post, it takes you to a page full of terms!
Old 07-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

The Farm was actually used in the movie 'The Recruit'

Heyy, maybe you can watch that movie to get some more lingo, it had something to do with CIA stuff.

God I'm so helpful
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread