Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Alias Season One Appreciation Thread #1

Hi! I can't seem to find a discussion on season one and thought it would be nice to have this thread.

I loved the double agent mirroring with her double life aspect of Sydney's life, the secret meetings between Vaughn and Sydney, and all the mysteries surrounding her family life.
I wish we had a return of Anna Espinosa. I liked her scenes with Sydney from season one and the competition they had with each other.
I also miss seeing Sydney's life outside the CIA. I liked how her work mirrored things Francie was going through in season one. I miss those moments of friendship she had, including with Will.

So, what are everyone's favorite moments, scenes, characters, etc. from the first season?
Old 01-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I agree. I've been rewatching Season 1 on DVD and miss some of those times.

I really miss the scenes between the friends, Will, Francie, and Syd.

I'll have to rewatch an episode or two and post my favorite scenes.

Carol
Old 01-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, me too, me too! . . . on the Will/Francie/Syd friendship thing. Just . . . aww. (They kinda remind me of S1 Pete/Chloe/Clark on "Smallville".)

I also really enjoyed Syd's inability to reveal the truth about SD-6 to Dixon. I think there's an incredible back history between the two of them that really needs/deserves more attention (for lack of a better word), although the little touches in Jen's and Carl's executions of their scenes together were so amazing.

--Rach [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by batmite3:
<STRONG>Oh, me too, me too! . . . on the Will/Francie/Syd friendship thing. Just . . . aww. (They kinda remind me of S1 Pete/Chloe/Clark on "Smallville".)

I also really enjoyed Syd's inability to reveal the truth about SD-6 to Dixon. I think there's an incredible back history between the two of them that really needs/deserves more attention (for lack of a better word), although the little touches in Jen's and Carl's executions of their scenes together were so amazing.

--Rach [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yeah, re-watching Season 1, I can see the struggle that Sydney had in wanting to tell Dixon that he was not working for the US government, but "the very people he was fighting against". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I remember it was hard for Sydney and that she wanted several times to tell Dixon, but in rewatching the first season, I really had overlooked several scenes. Especially when he was shot; Sydney felt so bad.

Carol
Old 02-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I remember it was hard for Sydney and that she wanted several times to tell Dixon, but in rewatching the first season, I really had overlooked several scenes. Especially when he was shot; Sydney felt so bad.
Oh, totally.

On a completely different note . . . I miss Will's hair so much it's ridiculous. "Deep Throat" and all the Eloise Kurtz/Kate Jones stuff, plus the "kidnapping" and confrontation with Jack, too! But especially his hair. *wanders off dazed-like*

--Rach [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-03-2004: Message edited batmite3 ]
Old 02-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Some of things I love about Season 1 is Syd being double agent. Whenever she was on a mission she had to find the info and then give the fake ones to sd-6 and the real coppies to the CIA. It was always so interesting to find out how she was going to send the info out.
I really loved the whole being at sd-6 and having those secret meeting with vaughn. Especially if he needeed to talk to her, vaughn would ring up pretend to have wrong number thinking it was the pizza place.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
There are so many other things I've enjoyed about season 1, which I think I'll tell later on.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Yeah, I miss Will's hair, too. I miss Will. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And, I, too miss all those SD-6/CIA switches. The tension was great. Sydney having to sneak around not only with her friends but with Dixon and SD-6. Of course, now she does have to sneak, but it's different.

The tension between Syd and Vaughn was also great. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Carol
Old 02-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm watching "Truth Be Told" right now, and I must say, I really do miss all those Danny flashbacks over the duration of Season One.

--Rach [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by batmite3:
<STRONG>I'm watching "Truth Be Told" right now, and I must say, I really do miss all those Danny flashbacks over the duration of Season One.

--Rach [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Yeah, even though he was only in the pilot, you could see how Sydney was still affected by his death, how much she loved him, etc.

The producer/writer/whomever could have just had Danny be the jumping off point for the storyline and not really address him again. However, by having Sydney still wear his ring for several episodes, we could see how much she still loved him and was affected by his death.

And all that guilt over having been responsible for this death....

And having to work with Sloane with a smile on her face, knowing he was responsible...

Carol
Old 02-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really bad with names... so don't anybody take this personally... but, whomever said that they missed Anna Espinosa? I so agree. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I thought they had set up a brilliant rivalry there. And it was pretty cool to see the whole "though chick vs. though chick" dynamic. I loved the constant confrontation, the perpetual outstripping of each other. You literally didn't know who was going to come off on top, from one time to the next.

I also miss the special relationship she developped with Vaughn during that time. You know, pre-wedding. Like when they had that chat in the train station. I loved the inexorable feeling it had. It was just a profoundly special time, seeing them build that solid bond.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Sunny, Yeah, I agree. That train scene was one of the best.

I miss the flirteous scenes of Season one. I miss Sydney calling Vaughn to meet just because she needed someone to talk to. I miss them not being able to actually look at one another, yet still having that sexual tension. Yeah, watching the building of that solid relationship was great.

Oooo.... I loved the car wash scene (don't remember the episode # cause I'm at work), but it was near the start of the season; it was when Sydney found out that Alice wasn't Vaughn's wife. Hilarious scene that I'm butchering because I can't remember specifics! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi This show is just begin in Turkey. I watch 2 episodes.I liked it.But I dont know anything about this show.How can I learn?
Joey&.Dawson Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Joey&.Dawson Forever:
<STRONG>Hi This show is just begin in Turkey. I watch 2 episodes.I liked it.But I dont know anything about this show.How can I learn?</STRONG>
Hi, welcome. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

If you're just begining to watch it, starting with Season One, then you'll learn everything by watching each episode as it unfolds. That's the greatest! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm rather new to the Alias website stuff, though not new to the show. I do think there is a good website called Alias-media that has lots of info.

Carol
Old 04-14-2004, 04:02 AM
Master Fan

Questions about Season 1...

Hi there. I'm a new Alias fan [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] My sister bought the season 1 DVD and now we're addicted to the show. Anyway, I have some unanswered questions concerning the first season... hoping you guys can explain them to me.

In Rendezvous, Syd has to save Will's life by getting the ampule and the blank page in exchange for him. Isn't there only one blank page in Rambaldi's journal? And that's page 47 which was the one with woman's picture? Or are there two? And how come SD-6 have that blank page when Syd already replaced the real one with a counterfeit one in Sloane's office?

Thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
always open in the middle
ps_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

anyone help? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
always open in the middle
ps_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread