Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Wow, this is how totally out of the Alias loop I am when Sark isn't in the eppy; I was wondering how the hell someone could've seen it, when it 'hadn't been on' Then I realised it was Thursday, and I had a total "Duh!" moment

Purdy avi stranger
Old 03-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I missed Sark! This episode was okay. The whole sneaking around behind Sloane's back felt like the good ol days. For me it just seemed way to obvious that they weren't gonna catch Sloane doing anything. But for a minute I nearly went nuts thinking Jack went bad! But then again what IS going on between him and Sloane? I agree with whoever said Nadia was a bit over the top... Take it down a notch hun.

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Buttacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

I liked this episode though the absence of Sark was obvious.

I liked having more Dixon in the forefront. I thought he was great. And I ed the moment when the camera panned to Jack. "I will take care of him once I'm finished with you" (something like that). Such a great moment. Gotta spy!daddy.
who you will be.
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 02:27 AM
Passionate Fan

First episode since the season premiere that actually moved the story forward and seemed to have any meaning for the rest of the story.

1) Dixon seems out to get Arvin. Not too surprising given the morbid "wife swap" routine Sloane and Dixon did with each other.

2) Loved Sloane giving Weiss a hard time for dating his daughter.

3) I liked the whole birthday scene. Especially Nadia's speech with it's barbed references.

4) Nadia was conflicted over the sting on her father. Was wondering if she'd tip him off. She really has no vested interest in the CIA without him. Though it would seem rather rotten of him to get her in while he himself is angling for "other" jobs. Never mind the whole joining an evil terrorist cult thing. But things at least for the time being have played themselves out to her satisfaction.

5) I liked Nadia taking a barb at Sydney and Jack. After all Sydney's perspective is skewed by the fact she only knew of her father's involvement in SD-6 AFTER he became a double agent and his motives for becoming one are still unknown. Plus unlike Sydney he joined as a senior member with full knowledge of it's agenda.

6) I liked the twists they put in. First you wonder if Sloane is selling everyone out. Then you wonder if Jack is selling everyone out. Then it turns out they were both working for legitimate objectives. And then right at the end with that phone call between Jack & Sloane you are left to wonder what really those two were up to.

7) Nadia I thought was a bit too easy on Sydney in their last scene together. Sydney had conspired with Dixon to illegally spy on her father and could've conceivably gotten her father killed (especially if Jack and Sloane had planned their mission differently) or arrested. In doing so they only jeopardized a mission aimed at monitoring former members of the alliance and placed an agent (who turned out to be Sydney's own father) at risk. Though in Nadia's look at Sydney you can see the seed that could separate them and bring the Rambaldi prophecy as it is currently understood into being.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself

Last edited by Raja; 03-10-2005 at 11:35 AM Reason: Clear out a few typos
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Raja.. you did a great job of summarizing exactly how I feel too! Thanks! I particularly agree with #3, with Nadia's speech.. It made me go "ouch"!

Also, I loved how they ended it... no stand alone eppy here... definitely left me wanting more! However, I miss Sark too. He brings something extra!
of astounding proportions. Marianne J. Legato, MD
archergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Banned

I guess I'm the only one who found this episode completely predictable. The promos were incredibly misleading per usual. They are taking to long to drag out the plot of this season. The only thing I found interesting was the discovery that Vaughn's father might still be alive and even then I don't really care because Vaughn isn't someone I particulary like. Last weeks was better.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger451
Well, you quoting me was cool... i do it all the time. And like I said, it was a brilliant post. Grammatically correct and everything (I thought i'd appease the english instructor in you ). So, you quoting me - not an english instructor thing. You taking my post semi-seriously and explaining your post - total english instructor thing to do . (I also really like saying english instructor, in case you haven't noticed).

I'm totally hoping to keep the avi

I'm thinking I love you That is so hilarious --

Sir Fireboard You missed the episode?

Ashley I so agree -- gotta love Spy Daddy!

Buttacup Yeah, the Dixon/Syndey stuff sneaking behind Sloane's back was a reminder of season 1. I liked how Dixon admited how difficult this must have been for Syd all those years.

Raja Yeah, I hadn't really thought about how this slight rift between the sisters could eventually allow the prophecy to come true.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

I just lost a review post that only took me 45 minutes to type!

So here's the short version. Last night's episode. Another complete mess. Just a few good moments in it. Next week...another non cliffhanger episode that I could care less about. More Jack and Sloane needed. More Weiss and Nadia. Since when is Nadia this bad a** agent and Sydney isn't? Vaughn's father is alive? WTF! If you'll be bringing people back from the "dead" why not start with IRINA! A character I actually would love to see. OK...that's it. I should have saved my post from earlier

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl
Sir Fireboard You missed the episode?
Nope, I live in NZ, I just forgot it was screening at the time. I 'got' it though

Great eppy! Well as great as an eppy without Sark can be Finally Sloane was brought to the front, and reveals that he is, of course, up to something. Just the fact that it's with SpyDaddy makes it all the more intriguing

I really liked that Vaughn was out of the main story, his scenes were much easier to fast forward through This is what we need all the time, more Dixon, less Vaughn.

Weiss was hysterical when he asked 'Arvin' about the cars thing And his 'filthy American!'.

I'm really liking the dynamic between Nadia and Syd. The history Syd has with Sloane makes it all that harder for her to deal with what he does now, she really was stuck between a rock and a hard place wrt Sloane's actions.

Worst line of the night: "Must've been romantic."
Old 03-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Things I like:
-Weiss and Jack's "conversation" about Hybrid cars. I traded my Range Rover in for an Hybrid a couple months ago. Jack's a smart man.

-Marshall is a kick ass DJ I bet!

-Syd's Hair in Paris.

-What's Jack and Sloane up to? I wan tto know.

Things I didn't like:
-Everything else
*Elle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
I just lost a review post that only took me 45 minutes to type!
I've done that more than once. It hurts.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

I guess I'm in the minority, but I loved this episode. I like Alias but last season and the start of this season really haven't captured me like the first 2 seasons. This episode actually reminded me of why Alias has always been one of my favorite shows. I thought it was a well paced, intriguing, and suspenseful episode. Not to mention it left me wanting more which hasn't happened in ages. I loved all the relational dynamics..........Nadia/Syd, Syd/Dixon, Syd/Sloane, Nadia/Sloane, Nadia/Weiss, etc. The Micahel/uncle/dad/Rosemary plot was intriguing. Who's Rosemary? Is Michael's dad still alive? Does this somehow tie in with Rambaldi? What are Sloane and Jack up to?

Loved Nadia calling Syd out on her dad..........so true.

Weiss - so sweet
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker
I guess I'm in the minority, but I loved this episode. I like Alias but last season and the start of this season really haven't captured me like the first 2 seasons. This episode actually reminded me of why Alias has always been one of my favorite shows. I thought it was a well paced, intriguing, and suspenseful episode.
Exactly! I was a bundle of nerves when Syd was tapping/tracing/whatever the hell she was doing to Sloane's phone. I was practically hiding behind my hands Plus when it revealed Jack was going to the meet and not Sloane, and then Jack and Sloane conspiring? Yeah baby, that's what Alias is about. Great ending to a great eppy.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Fireboard
Exactly! I was a bundle of nerves when Syd was tapping/tracing/whatever the hell she was doing to Sloane's phone. I was practically hiding behind my hands Plus when it revealed Jack was going to the meet and not Sloane, and then Jack and Sloane conspiring? Yeah baby, that's what Alias is about. Great ending to a great eppy.
Me too. I was on the edge of my seat.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 01:29 AM
DDD
Part-Time Fan

Wow I really liked this epi.

This is the only episode I watch live instead of a tape. I think it was the best episode I have seen since S2. This is the only time I felt any tention on this show in a long time and there was plenty of it.

I am very critical about this season in fact I think it so far is the worst season yet and I hated really S3. I think the story has been headed nowhere. I just don't buy Sloan as the Boss, it makes no sence and it never will. He should be lowest ranked person there and he dirtier than a pig. We have a team of 2 men who supposibly killed their wives, 2 men who kill each other wives. What is this the A team. Watching Vaugn is like watch a corps walk around Syd becomes a worse spy every season and her character get more waterdown as time goes by great acting all around but it's not enough. Syd/MVaughn. I could go on. But I did love this episode, except Sloan being suspicious of Syd doing the exact same thing she did all S1. Great episode though. I hope I did not upset anyone.JMHO
DDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread