Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Alias 3x20 - "Blood Ties" Episode Discussion

Let's get this show on the road...

"Blood Ties"

After discovering that the Rambaldi "Passenger" is her half-sister, Nadia (Mia Maestro) — by way of Irina — Sydney and Jack seek the aid of Nadia's father, Sloane, to track her down. Meanwhile, after learning a secret about his father from Thomas Brill (Richard Roundtree), Vaughn is kidnapped and tortured by Lauren and Sark, who are hot on the trail of "The Passenger" themselves.

Hopefully this week will be as great as last weeks!
Old 04-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oh man, this does sound like a good episode! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] And the previews were great! Can't wait! only a bit more than 6 hours!
Old 04-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait. With all that happened last week, I am dying to see this one. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

I've got an hour and fifteen minutes left.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Sloane, that EVIL SOB. Good to have him back. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
So he injected Nadia with the same substance (aka kryptonite) as he did himself.

I thought for a second he was about to kill Nadia to save Sydney - but obviously, he wasn't if he used the kryptonite-ish thing again.

Nadia! I love her already - even if her role in the prophecy was depicted as the ennemy. Argentina intelligence, eh?

Eh, the tortured Vaughn bits weren't that convincing..and don't even mention Lauren pulling an Irina and suddently caring. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 04-25-2004: Message edited X-6_494 ]
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Ooh..I'm definitely looking forward to this episode! I'm anxious to see Nadia and how the interaction with Sydney will go...

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

I am NOT looking forward to Vaughn's torture [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Banned

What the *****?

Why am I surprised at this ending? How did I fall for the Sloane-has-feelings act again? I even fell for the Lauren-has-feelings act? What the hell is wrong with me?

Only thing good about this ep was pretty Lauren and Spy!Daddy/Syd love.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Ok, I was falsely informed.. I thought it was going to be a nekkid torture scene.. Bastards.

At least take a cue from 24, ok? Now, that's how you do naked torturing.

But still, hello, shirtless Vartan. My, my someone's been working out. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Nadia seems kickass. I love it. And duude, she's quite pretteh!

Sloane, oh you SOB. I missed you!
*reza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

I love Syds sister already [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] I hope shes a regular next season [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Sloane is such an evil lil bastard! I love him too!

Not too many surprises here. Vaughn getting captured. Vaughn getting tortured. Vaughn being stupid and getting captured and tortured again. Sark being sexy. Lauren being transparent and annoying. Sloane double-crossing everyone.

Can't wait until the next episodes! They look soo good.

But wait wait wait.. I've been thinking a bit and I really can't find a point to the Vaughn torture scenes. I mean, were they just there to give Vaughn something to do for an hour or so they can attract a bigger female audience by showing a half naked Varty? If that is the case, it didn't work. Those scenes were so boring the only thing that made up for Vaughn was Sark [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Oh, and the fact that Vaughn was being tortured, of course [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 04-25-2004: Message edited Pavlov's Belle ]
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Dude, I so wanted Nadia and Sydney to hug and be best friends, but with Sloane, THAT wasn't going to happen. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I still want them to be cool...in the end, I mean I know with the whole The Passenger vs. The Chosen One and stuff.

But I loved the Nadia and Sydney. It was nice. And Nadia seems cool! She's probably going to pull an Irina and turn out to be evil near the end of the season, but as for now, I like her!

Sloane. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The Vaughn wasn't that interesting. Lauren and Sark are annoying. I liked what Vaughn said at the end to Sydney, though. Nice scene. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nadia seems kickass. I love it. And duude, she's quite pretteh
ITA - she intrigues me. Whee, interest. Bout time, actually.
Meep. Can't wait for the Nadia/Syd fight, and I'm wondering if they'll conclude the prophecy this season - hope not. Heh.

Or maybe Nadia's not Sloane's daughter - and the kryptonite he injected into her alters her DNA some way to make it seem like she is. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Dude, Stephy. Get on, or is work kicking your ass? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I havent even finished mine.

I for one, cant wait for a Syd/SpySis fight.
*reza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

Phew. Not only is Mia Maestro extremely gorgeous, the girl can act. Those were real tears I kid you not.

More Nadia please.

Loved the scene between Jack and Syd. I was hoping they would at least mention Jack having any feelings if Syd was Sloane's daughter.

And Vaughn's comment about Sark reaching puberty..that was gold.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, where have all the episodes like that one been all season!?

I absolutely [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] that episode. Ok, where to start?

1. I absolutely loved the torture scene. Not because Vaughn was tortured; it was the interaction between Sark and Vaughn that was so great. Sark's line of "I think I am going to enjoy this way too much"...I was squealing (for I am a Sarkney fan). Now, Vaughn's comment about Sark looking like he hit puberty had me rolling. [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

2. Nadia does seem like she will kick some major @ss. I don't believe that she will be nice for long for some reason. Syd totally got sucked into her personality.

3. Sloane....what can I say? That evil, evil man. We all knew he was up to no good. He almost, almost had me convinced.

4. Lauren and her change of heart? Ok what was that about? She looked so sad there, and yet when they caught up with Vaughn, she goes and kicks him in the face. Looks like things changed...

Previews look great! I can't believe we only have two more episodes!!!

Jen
Logan: It'll be fun. It'll be a thrill. Something stupid, something bad for you, just something different. Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me it's one less minute you haven't lived.
Jen Talley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread