Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Alias 3x19 - "Hourglass" Episode Discussion

Sunday, April 18
"Hourglass"

After discovering that Lauren is working for the Covenant, a betrayed Vaughn is told to keep up the facade of martial bliss in order to keep tabs on his wife's activities. But he's in for a shock when he uncovers the truth about Lauren's mother, Olivia (Peggy Lipton). Meanwhile, Jack refuses to help exonerate Sloane of his crimes and put in motion a stay of execution, and a monk (David Carradine) -- faithful to the study of Rambaldi -- discloses the identity of the Rambaldi "Passenger" to a stunned Sydney
Old 04-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Not a bad ep - the season's actually picking up. Finally!

Not that much of a shock to me, since I was spoiled about Spy!Sis and her parents [err. Denial. Not Irina's]

The Jack/Sloane convo? BEAUTIFUL. Did it for me. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] Hee, schoolboy crush on Irina.

Heh. For a moment there, I thought they might go down the dead-Sloane route.
Jack "waking" him up after & every one thinking him dead - does Jack know of the consequences of Sloane's death on the Covenant's future decisions? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

It's hard to believe that all Il Dire and what the Monk told Sloane points to is the Passenger.
Seems a bit anti-climatic.

[ 04-18-2004: Message edited X-6_494 ]
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:35 PM
New Fan

Hi!!
I'm still shy for posting here since i'm new [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]. The show was really good!!! Didin't see much of Sark [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . But i want to know why the old man knew who Sark was???? Maybe is part of the prophesy!

[img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

WOW! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
What an episode! Just beautiful. I loved how they setup Lauren, and the exectution scene cutting with Sydney, very nice.
Sydney has a sister! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
& Jack woke up Sloane, wow! Didn't see that coming.
I loved when Vaughn said to Syd: U know what I wish for. a normal life. ::awww!::
Just a really good episode, shocking ending, and alas, 3 episodes left. How will it end this year?!

And next week's is just gonna be a weird episode, Lauren starting to feel love and compassion towards Vaughn while he is being tortured. Can't wait.

[ 04-18-2004: Message edited kpalm83 ]
Old 04-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved how the music played during the syd action sequence and sloane's "execution". the whole episode was absolutely superb, except for the vaughn getting the thing out of the safe thing and lauren coming down the hallway because i put a pillow over my head during that whole part.

question though, how does olivia know that it was vaughn that fed the bad information? like how did she suddenly realize that? it wasn't like there was any reason for him to be a suspicion to her...

i loooved the therapy when she stuck her head out at the end and said "she bought it." i loved how the whole episode was basically an act and everyone knew about it. soooo cool!!!

*You said we were an accident
With accidents you’ll never know what could have been
So we were an accident
You’ll always be my favorite one* MCS
jgcarby15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jgcarby15:
<STRONG>i loved how the whole episode was basically an act and everyone knew about it. soooo cool!!!</STRONG>
I know. It was just perfectly done.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Jack! He was awesome!! I loved the conversation between him and Sloane. Jack [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]s Irina!! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

It was great how the Scooby gang was spying on Lauren. I was so nervous for Vaughn especially when he was getting the documents...He's getting smarter! Good Boy...

I'll probably be the only one here...don't kill me especially S/V fans.... I thought L/V had chemistry while they were kissing. and Lauren helping Vaughn even though she's 99.9% evil and said, "Not everything I told you was a lie." That was really cute. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I'm becoming a L/V fan. But don't worry S/V fans i thought S/V had chemistry when Vaughn shot the guy... Ok, now you can jump on my throat and scream, "Hang Rebecca!" ...runs away... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Little Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] WOW! That was one heck of an episode!

I loved it all...well except the Lauren making out with Vaughn and Sydney listening to it...that made me feel really sad. However, you could tell that Vaughn was holding back and thinking of Syd...

Jack rocks! Him waking up Sloane...what was that?! I am really curious to see if Dixon or Sydney find out about it...Honestly, I felt a bit of sympathy for Sloane because he was so passionate about his daughter but I still dont like it because I know he has an endgame...evil people dont convert to being good so fast! LOL!

Lauren was really stupid...I can't believe the office set her up like the whole time...It was great!

So what do you guys think!

Paula [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

PS: If anyone knows of any good S/V spoilers, PM me please!

I'd like to be in the field getting my hands dirty and actually touch my gun.- Michael Vartan

Vote John Mayer Board
*Soccer Diva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

double post...sorry!

[ 04-18-2004: Message edited *Soccer Diva* ]

I'd like to be in the field getting my hands dirty and actually touch my gun.- Michael Vartan

Vote John Mayer Board
*Soccer Diva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

OMG! I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] this episode!

To start the episode with David/Sark is an excellent way! I loved the whole monk and Sark scene, although Sark did get his butt kicked by a monk. [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Lauren and her mother are truely evil. It seems to me that her mom is more involved in the Covenent than Lauren is.

The scene where Syd found out that Sloane was going to killed was good. I thought that it was sorta sweet that she was upset that he was gonna be killed for something he wasn't. Jack and Arvin's scenes were also excellent.

The previews for next week looked absolutely wonderful. Sark's line of "I think I will enjoy this way too much" really got me. It's cause of Syd, as we fellow Sarkneys know. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The whole thing with Lauren helping Vaughn out?! Can't wait til next week!

Jen
Logan: It'll be fun. It'll be a thrill. Something stupid, something bad for you, just something different. Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me it's one less minute you haven't lived.
Jen Talley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen Talley:
<STRONG>

The previews for next week looked absolutely wonderful. Sark's line of "I think I will enjoy this way too much" really got me. It's cause of Syd, as we fellow Sarkneys know. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Of course.... maybe some syd references from sark??? Haha... I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] sarkney....

I actually thought this eppie was okay... I kinda saw the whole thing of jack reviving sloane coming... but anyways, I still love jack... I liked the conversation btw jack/sloane concerning irina...

The scene of the whole vaughn/lauren sex scene with syd listening was absolutely hilarious ( I'm a sarkney person)... I really enjoyed it... I was like ha! hopefully but i doubt that the writers will steer syd toward sark...

about the previews for next week with lauren helping out vaughn... Whether it was real or not... I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]ed it... i hate to admit this but i'm becoming a lauren/vaughn fan... which is no big deal because they still puts sark and syd together [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Shetan
Old 04-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Loyal Fan

I just now realized that I missed last week's episode! I read it was moved to a different time slot because of the Nick and Jessica variety show! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Through 1/2 of tonight's episode I was saying to myself...this doesn't fit!

I'm so glad Lauren has been discovered. The CIA so cleverly set up Lauren, but what did they think would happen when the stolen key didn't work? Of course, Lauren and her mom are gonna know they were setup.

I really thought Sloane was a goner. And I can't believe Sydney has a sister. I am guessing she will be evil like Irina.

Next week looks awesome!
mollymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

With the Vaughn/ Lauren kiss, I was quite hoping they were sharing a cyanide capsule [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I was disappointed to say the least...

Vaughn: 'Gee, Lauren, Last week I wanted a divorce from you. But now that I pity you for your father being evil, lets get back together and shag like bunnies.'

I must admit that I needed a cold shower when Sark was fighting David Carradine. And Sark with a Shotgun? Hot! Even thinking about it now.. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Vaughn trying to be all cool: Whats pan B? Cuz that's not going to work [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Blah Blah. More like I'm being an ass because I'm bitter that I didn't figure Lauren out first...
And then Jack totally shuts him donw with 'You married her'. Vaughn? You got Served [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think it's funny that Lauren thinks she's all stealthy. What with the non-chalant glances at the briefings, the thumb-print stealing and the wearing of the oversized tinted sunglasses [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Jack: Marshell, you have to act NORMAL! I liked his emphasis on the word normal. It literally made me laugh out loud [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Vaughn/Lauren Couples Councelling was funny. It reminded me of that scene in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I kept picturing Barnet saying 'So Vaughn, when did you realize you were a homosexual?'

And you have noo idea how much I was hoping it was Sark coming to Syd and the hourglasses' rescue [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Marshall with the going in 'Old School' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Ron Rifkin..Five Words: You are a Genuis, Genuis! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Eee! Jack with the non-death of Sloane. I totally expected that, but it was cool nontheless [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

End Thoughts...
Any episode involving those stupid little glances that Vaughn and Syd share, IMO, is a bad episode.

And I'll say what I say about every episode: Not nearly enough Sark [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

My heart was pounding so hard on this episode, it's the first one that's had me breathing hard in weeks! I really thought Sloane was a goner for sure! I wonder if Syd's sister is going to be evil! It was hilarious when Syd and Marshall were listening to Vaughn and Lauren kissing and Marshall said "it's probably not what it sounds like...I mean..not that there's a sound to that" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] He's hilarious.

3 more episodes!! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Master Fan

I don't know what it was about this episode but my Vaughn love has been restored. Other than the scene where he mentioned his 'act' with Lauren, it was like old times for Syd and Vaughn and I loved that.

I know that there was no way Sloane was going to die, so it was no big surprise to me.

A good episode overall. At least now they are trying to move the story along.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Chiqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread