Absolute Fan

Alias 3x14 - "Blowback"

Quote:
â„– 57
Title: "Blowback"
Directed by: Lawrence Trilling
Written by: Laurence Andries
Original air date: March 7, 2004

The CIA intercepts a communication suggesting that a terrorist organization, Shining Sword, has a plasma charge weapon. Sydney and Vaughn access a secure data facility to download information but their access is cut short by a Covenant operative who escapes after a car chase. They trace the weapon to a ship but Vaughn is shot while onboard.

The story is then replayed, with additional scenes showing Lauren's involvement in the operation. She had leaked information, it was her in the secure data facility and it was she and Sark that had escaped in the car. Lauren is aroused by the operation and makes love with Sark.

Back aboard the ship, Sark and Lauren attempt to stop Sydney and Vaughn. Vaughn gets the upper hand, demanding that Lauren remove her mask but before Lauren reveals her identity, Sark threatens to kill Sydney. Sark and Lauren escape, arming the weapon which Vaughn disables with Marshall's remote assistance.

Sloane meets Dr. Barnett, revealing that he had an affair with Irina Derevko and that Sydney may be his daughter.

International titles

German: Rückschlag (Setback)
French: Duel masqué (Disguised duel)
Polish: Para za parÄ… (Pair follows pair)

Source
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."

Last edited by Big Head want Dolly; 07-29-2011 at 04:33 AM
IfITellUIllHav2KillU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Ooooooo! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] I can't wait!
Old 03-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait for this episode. I hope that it's really good, we've waited long enough for a new ep so hopefullu it will be worth it.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait. I want to see everything but Lark and Sloane [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Atti's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

I wish it would be told through only Sark's perspective, complete with snarky comments from inside his head, dissing Lauren and Vaughn [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That would be the best episode ever.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Fireboard:
<STRONG>I wish it would be told through only Sark's perspective, complete with snarky comments from inside his head, dissing Lauren and Vaughn [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That would be the best episode ever.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Mr. and Mrs. Yawn [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]

I would love it told through Sarks eyes on how he really see Syd. I mean come on, how many times could they have killed each other but didn't?

Old 03-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hmm.

I'm not sure what to say about this ep except for the fact that absolutely nothing happened. Oh, Vaughn's still in love with Sydney, didn't know that. Lauren and Sark lust after each other ... woops. Knew that too. Sloane had an affair with Irina [psch, as if] ... wait, ABC, remember when you told us that last week?

I kind of liked how it was told from two perspectives, and the Lark was hot ... I don't know if I really like how they're playing the Syd/Vaughn vs. Lauren/Sark though ... anyway.

Can't really make up my mind.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Atti's Angel:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Mr. and Mrs. Yawn [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]

I would love it told through Sarks eyes on how he really see Syd. I mean come on, how many times could they have killed each other but didn't?</STRONG>
Mmmmm, yeah. Seeing Syd through Sark's eyes would be so cool. They haven't killed each other because they're hot for each other [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>
Mmmmm, yeah. Seeing Syd through Sark's eyes would be so cool. They haven't killed each other because they're hot for each other [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]</STRONG>
hehe [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] you know it!!!!!

Old 03-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

OK odd [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I am loving this episode (so far) I am loving the Sydney/Vaughn. It's cute.

Old 03-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Atti's Angel:
<STRONG>OK odd [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I am loving this episode (so far) I am loving the Sydney/Vaughn. It's cute.</STRONG>
Shelly!!!! Don't make me put the smackdown on you!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Of course I was clapping happily when Vaughn dropped his gun to save Sydney. Marshall showing off baby pictures was cute. I am liking Lauren evil the way she should be [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And the ending with Jack and Sydney going to have dinner together was a sweet touch to end tonight's episode which I thought was a good episode with the anticipation we have been waiting for!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Dreamer 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Loyal Fan

One word: SpyDaddy!!! Not very much, but enough to make me love him some more. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That last scene was adorable, and as the music was Norah Jones, I definately approve. I think this is supposed to show us his father side, since now we're all assuming that Syd is Sloane's daughter. Eww, that's just disgusting to even think about. Irina needs to come back and kick his ass for even putting the suggestion in our heads!

As for Lark...totally loving it! I read a while ago that it was supposed to be a more SandM thing and even more kinky...I wish we had gotten to see that.

I totally called it being the anniversary of Vaughn's father's death before they said it...i figured it out when vaughn was talking to weiss.

marshall - very cute. mitchell flickman - adorable!

syd's marshall accent/imitation was great too...i wish she had talked more cuz it was hysterical.

overall i thought it was a decent episode. not that much really plot wise, except for the whole lauren knowing (as if she didn't already) that vaughn loves syd. all new episodes for the rest of season!! woohoo!!! best line from the preview was "the man i love is on that plane!" *dies* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*You said we were an accident
With accidents you’ll never know what could have been
So we were an accident
You’ll always be my favorite one* MCS
jgcarby15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>
Shelly!!!! Don't make me put the smackdown on you!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Smackdown all you want. I loved it!!!!! it was so pre Phase One.

I did love the sarkeny interaction more if that helps [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Absolute Fan

The deconstruction of Sark is getting pretty hard here, I mean c'mon...Sark whos loyalties are always flexible is not going to be a sniveling, sex starved, yes man to Whorens power hungry, demanding exploits.If anything he would be the ops leader, not her.
I loved how they showed that Whoren is not even in tune with her own 'husband'.
I can forgive Sark, sex is sex to a guy. They'll take it wherever they can get it. Whoren is just that...
So many were calling Syd a **** because she had a few partners through the years but, she never cheated on anyone. Unless you're one of the few that think that kissing the one you love before you think you are going to die, cheating...
I'll keep watching, I just know Vaughn will redeem himself. I love Vaughn.
I hope Sark does not have to sink any lower, I love him as the bad boy, not the meek shoelicker, unless that is what he is into..I'd even watch that, as long as it isn't with Whoren..
Sloane DID NOT sleep with Irina! And if they make this storyline true, I will have to burn all of my season 3 Tapes...
Mitchell Flinkman..too cute!
Need More Jack!
And would someone, anyone just kill Whoren please?
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
IfITellUIllHav2KillU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread