Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alias 1x09 - "Mea Culpa" Episode Re-discussion (aired 12/09/2001)

Episode Description -
Quote:
After her fight with Anna, Sydney crawls out of the underground tunnel and finds Dixon, seriously wounded. As a last resort, she uses a satellite phone to call the CIA. A CIA helicopter flies Dixon to a nearby hospital, though Sydney conceals the truth from Sloane. Sydney is scared, as she thinks that Dixon may have heard her talking to the CIA. Has she blown her cover?

At SD-6, Dreyer tells Sloane that he believes Sydney is the mole because she scored too well on the lie detector test. Sloane is reluctant to agree, though he insists that he will "take care of Bristow."

For her next assignment, Sydney is sent to Tuscany to steal information from Ineni Hassan's accountant. Despite Hassan's previous alliance with SD-6, he is now their enemy, and Sloane wants the numbers to Hassan's bank accounts so they can freeze his assets.

After Sydney leaves, Sloane sends a message to his colleagues in SD-4. He orders Sydney's assassination, though the CIA intercepts the order. Vaughn quickly assembles a team to rescue Sydney.

Jack learns of the kill order and, with Marshall's aid, discovers that the message was deliberately sent over the unsecured server previously infiltrated by Vaughn's team. Sloane is tempting the CIA, trying to draw them out. Jack argues with Vaughn, and prevents the CIA from interfering. The assassination attempt never occurs, and Sloane now believes that Sydney is loyal to SD-6.

Meanwhile, Will continues to investigate the pin that he found in Eloise Kurtz's car. He's shocked to discover that not only is the pin a small microphone, it's also still active...

One night while drinking with Francie, Will shows her the pin. Both of them start joking, asking a series of questions into the pin. Just then, Will receives a phone call. A mysterious voice tells him to keep his mouth shut.

From the Tuscany assignment, SD-6 have learned that the accountant's computer did not contain Hassan's bank account numbers, only the name of a specific Swiss bank. Sydney and Agent Russek travel to Geneva, in order to get the numbers. As Sydney reads the numbers to Russek, a secret transmitter in her ear beams the same information to the CIA...

While monitoring Sydney and Russek's latest mission, Marshall discovers the secret transmission coming from the bank vault. He shares this information with Dreyer.

At a phone booth, Will receives another phone call from the same mysterious voice. The voice asks Will how far he's willing to go in order to find the truth about Kate Jones. Will says he's up for the challenge...and later finds a cassette tape in his glove compartment. The tape is an audio recording of Kate Jones/Eloise Kurtz being killed.

After several days in the hospital, Dixon finally regains consciousness. Sydney is relieved when he doesn't remember how he was brought to a hospital. As she leaves the hospital, she's tackled by a group of men. Sloane then receives a phone call...A mysterious voice says "We got her"
Old 05-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Andie This is a good idea to start posting the episode re-discussions again
Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

I watched this episode for the first time today
Old 05-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I'll try to watch this episode tonight That being said I'll be back with my thoughts later.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually am in the middle of re-watching all Alias seasons... i'm on 2x09, but i remember 1x09

i really liked this episode! but everytime i watch it, i think i get more upset by the will storyline,....
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
wicked games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by how2savealife (View Post)
I watched this episode for the first time today
Awesome

Do tell us what you thought! What were some of your favorite moments?
Old 05-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Um...I'm trying to remember. Uh...
-I thought for sure that they wouldn't think Sydney was the mole, (was that this episode?) but they fooled me there.
-So glad Dixon didn't die, I like him, and think he might be lying about what he remembers
-I want to know who was on the phone with Sloane (rhyme ) ...and Will
-Um, the recording in the car was interesting...

I'm sure there are more I'll remember later
Old 05-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Okay, my player didn't want me to watch the rest of the episode but so far:

God, I forgot how awesome s1 is. So many unknown things.
I really don't like the Will storyline though. Every time I watch s1 I am so annoyed by his constant questioning.
But I love the first 'appearance' of Deep Throat. Oh how I missed Deep Throat.
What I really liked about this episode is that the relationship between Vaughn and Syd becomes a bit deeper. I love how worried he is about her.
And I must admit, I love Sloane. God, all the evilness and the secrecy about everything and nothing. No matter how evil he is, I still like the character. He's so complex and all that jazz.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

I also like the relationship between them. I think I've found my first Alias coupleee
And I think the interactions between Sydney and Sloane are interesting
Old 05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be rewatching the episode for sure this week to refresh my memory before joing you guys

Isa, Deep Throat was cool Do you know who Deep Throat was?

Kelsey, I Sydney/Vaughn, especially during the first two seasons. I can see most viewers falling for them as a couple The Sydney/Sloane relationship/dynamic has been a great one form the very first day until the last.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Isa, Deep Throat was cool Do you know who Deep Throat was?
Of course I do.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ-Isa (View Post)
Of course I do.
It was never mentioned on the show though, as far as I know I know I read it in my booklet

Do you all have favorite quotes from that episode?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

My connection wouldn't let me in yesterday
But here it goes:

Quote:
I really don't like the Will storyline though. Every time I watch s1 I am so annoyed by his constant questioning.
Yes--exactly my opinion--I never really liked Will. I mean it was his job being a reporter and all, but there is a certain line you don't cross when it comes to your friends

Quote:
Of course I do.
Make that two

I totally forgot that S1 had the "My name is Sydney Bristow....." intro and I really like the S1 credits best S1 rocked in generall

I had to laugh at the horrible special effects at the beginning with Syd falling down the ladder
Syd telling Diane the coverstory in the hospital was soo sad--another lie...that always reminds me of the discussion about not telling your loved-ones the truth Syd and Dixon had back in the pilot--if there is a rule you don't break--that's it or something among those lines...

Oh and Sloane--he is deliciously evil, but at the same time he is trying to save Syd--really great in a strange way--I had to remind myself that she not that close to her dad at that time

Quote:
FRANCIE: Leave her alone, or I will kick your ass. I'm not kidding.
Yay--Go Francie
Too bad she and Syd couldn't go shopping for the dress like they had planned--poor Francie sitting in the bridal shop alone

I loved Marshall and his huge candy jar and Sloane keeping a straight face all the way through

The whole dead drop situation still keeps me at the edge of my seat eventhough I already saw it like 10 times Awesome how Jack saved the day
Quote:
WEISS: Oy. I just lost thirty pounds. Okay, I'm not kidding.
Weiss is hilarious

And the end with the mission in Geneva and Syd at Dixons hospital bed:
The kidnapping in the parking garage Wow was S1 great or was it great

That's it for now.

T.
Big Head want Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry for the delay, but I didn't get around to post my thoughts last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Head want Dolly (View Post)
Yes--exactly my opinion--I never really liked Will. I mean it was his job being a reporter and all, but there is a certain line you don't cross when it comes to your friends
Couldn't agree more

Quote:
S1 rocked in generall

Quote:
Syd telling Diane the coverstory in the hospital was soo sad--another lie...that always reminds me of the discussion about not telling your loved-ones the truth Syd and Dixon had back in the pilot--if there is a rule you don't break--that's it or something among those lines...
That scene gets me every time You can tell how much the whole thing affects Syd

Quote:
I loved Marshall and his huge candy jar and Sloane keeping a straight face all the way through
Marshall rocks The whole candy jar scene cracks me up every single time. Candy to make his office more inviting

Quote:
The whole dead drop situation still keeps me at the edge of my seat eventhough I already saw it like 10 times Awesome how Jack saved the day
Spy!Daddy rules! I loved him and Vaughn arguing about what to do - they both love Sydney so much

Quote:
The kidnapping in the parking garage
I don't know how often I watched that scene by now, but still, every time I hear the words "we got her" I'm still afraid for Syd, even if I know exactly what will happen.

Quote:
Wow was S1 great or was it great
Agreed - again
Old 05-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was never mentioned on the show though, as far as I know
Well, I read it on the internet somewhere. I remember being all "Seriously?! SERIOUSLY?! YES!" when I found out.