Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

DO YOU WANT ME TO POST PICTURES TO PROVE HOW WRONG YOU ARE? BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG, MY FRIEND. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

(After the Mines of Moria. Seriously. Really dirty in that scene. It was hot. And then in every scene with Aragorn he gets VERY dirty. )

I haven't watched any of the extras actually! Finals and all that. Tell me which ones are the best though and I'll be on it as soon as I get these wretched essays done.

Lando is especially good as Balian in the first 25 minutes THAT THE BASTARDS AT FOX CUT OUT, don't you think? All that sadness/rage/confusion about his wife?

And Fox executives think all audiences have cummulative IQs of 100 that's why. Look at their TV programmes. We want action and blood and gore, not depth and actual characters and stuff! Just throw things around and clash swords together and we'll be happy!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikearrin
DO YOU WANT ME TO POST PICTURES TO PROVE HOW WRONG YOU ARE? BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG, MY FRIEND. WRONG WRONG WRONG.
Alright, if you have to you can post pictures

Quote:
And then in every scene with Aragorn he gets VERY dirty. )
But Balian doesn't get dirty in quite the same way.

I haven't watched many of the extras yet but so far Faith and Courage, Cast Rehersals and Sins and Absolution are all very good. The dog bit is about 14 mins into Faith and Courage.
I also want to listen to the commentary with Orlando, Ridley Scott and William Monahan (the writer).

He is excellent throughout the movie but the start of the movie is by far the best work he has ever done.

Who needs plot and character development when you can have blood squirting and limbs being hacked off?

More screencaps from the start of the movie.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Master Fan

See? Dirty!

I'm a bit sad though that Ridley, William and Lando were probably restricted in how much venom they could spew about why the film was cut. I hope they found many ways to hint at their anger though.

Thanks for the tips. I'll be so happy to be done with finals and get to my usual life of dissipation and obssession. Also, I hope all that talk of the "dog bit" is a euphamism for "Lando gets some from Liam Neeson".

Quote:
He is excellent throughout the movie but the start of the movie is by far the best work he has ever done.

Who needs plot and character development when you can have blood squirting and limbs being hacked off?
Definitely. Although I am almost equally fond of his performance as Drew in the beginning of Elizabethtown. Lando really does play hollow, empty, and dead inside really well.

Exactly. Not that I don't enjoy hacked limbs and squirting blood (especially of the Monty Python variety) but there needs to be a reason for it, y'know? The most interesting part of war is the why not the how.

Sigh. Screencaps make Amaria happy. And angry. But right now, mostly happy.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
See? Dirty!

Thanks for the tips. I'll be so happy to be done with finals and get to my usual life of dissipation and obssession. Also, I hope all that talk of the "dog bit" is a euphamism for "Lando gets some from Liam Neeson".

Definitely. Although I am almost equally fond of his performance as Drew in the beginning of Elizabethtown. Lando really does play hollow, empty, and dead inside really well.

Sigh. Screencaps make Amaria happy. And angry. But right now, mostly happy.
You think thats dirty? Ill give you dirty.

I wish that is what i meant but the dog actually refers to a dog. Although there is a scene that didn't even make it into the longer version of the movie that involves Godfrey feeding Balian an orange .

He does play those parts very well but they aren't showy parts and because he does them so easily people seem to think he isn't doing anything at all.

How could screencaps make you angry? Look how pretty they are.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

Holy blooming hell that is so freakin' hilarious! And kinda hot. I'm beginning to question my loyalties to screwerdom here. Damn.

Quote:
You think thats dirty? Ill give you dirty.
Yeah. Well I can give it to you even dirtier.

Getting hot in here or just me? Whew.

Quote:
He does play those parts very well but they aren't showy parts and because he does them so easily people seem to think he isn't doing anything at all
Exactly. There's a difference between "wooden" and "blank" and/or "hollow" people! It's all in the eyes if people would just get over their prejudices and actually look.

I love screencaps. I just get angry when they remind me of how a terrific movie was butchered when I realize that I never saw those particular scenes in the theatrical release. And nor did most the population. :shakes fist:
Old 06-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vague_Disclaimer
It's also interesting to see how they ended up with such a butchered theatrical release in the first place.
Where can I find that?

Watched the movie with my sister this weekend. She never saw the theatrical release and when I told her what wasn't in it, she could not believe it.

As for me, wow. They sure cut a lot of good stuff - especially from Sybilla. Her actions at the end of the movie made a lot more sense.

Just in case ...

Spoiler:

What is Fox's problem?
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Passionate Fan

so after reading this thread, I went and got the director's cut...I didnt enjou KOH in the theatre at all...I thought it was just one bloody battle after another without much reason....

Well the directors cut is much improved!!! It should have been the version released, it makes so much more sense! I cant believe what they cut out and thought would pass for a movie...

I thought the theatre version was about a 70% (C-) in my oppinion,
the Director's cut is about an 86% (solid B) I have yet to watch all the extra's and am excited to listen to the RIdley/Orlando commentary...

anyway, I hope more people will give this film a chance...too bad it didnt come out in theatre's t his way...
Old 08-10-2006, 05:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey these pictures are just not so cool!

Remember
Orlando Bloom looks like this whenever he wants to be cool!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi guys! The OB Mod, Gill, asked me to post these pics in here! So here are some hott Bailan pics!

Old 09-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Another old thread opened back up!

Thanks shug! He's sooo sexy....grrrr....wont we talking about the Director's Cut of this movie earlier y'all?
>--#413--->
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
Old 09-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like it here.

Watch the DC version if you haven't!!!
But I will hold as long as you like
Just promise me we'll be all right
Jacob & Liz
Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks, sheila!

i haven't seen the DC version. i heard it was way better than the theatrical version.

feel free to discuss KOH more, okay? wanna start chris? share your thoughts, dear!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok I'll take the platform

without details the DC version is soooo much more complete! Want to know how Balian can come up with awesome battle tactics? Then watch it!

And I love how he isn't a Gladiator type hero, he really is the reluctant hero, and he plays the tortured soul so wonderfully, you can really contrast it as well to the happiness he gets with Sybilla (relationship is 10 times better in DC version) and I love love love the way he delivers his speech. Balian isn't grrr overbearing and superman. I love how they make it feel that he is just a man. But what man is a man that doesn't try to make the world better!
Jacob & Liz
Old 09-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ooohhh nice, chris! i've been meaning to buy it and i had a friend who was supposed to get for me last year. and since our local online dvd store sells it in at a very steep price, i hesitated. but reading your post might have urged me to buy it..never mind the price!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't bought it either, just seen it! I want to get it though. Cause I havent seen all the extras. But it is good!
Jacob & Liz