Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I think they meant that in season 5 the show lost its focus of the main group. They were growing up and finding their own way, but the isolated storylines didn't give the group enough interaction. I would have liked the Pacey and Dawson relationship to be explored more even though it was realistic that they were not close. Of course more Pacey and Joey angst.

I'm not sure, but didn't Josh say in a S5 blooper that "There's no past on this show?"
I think it would have been good if they tried to reconnect Dawson and Pacey later on seeing as Joey always wanted them to be friends again. Plus Dawson and Pacey used to be so close.

I think it's okay if shows drift a little bit but it's important that they pull back together so you still have that same group feel. I think what established that the group was being pulled back together was Jens death. It's heartbreaking that Jen had to die

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 07-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

I saw some Pacey and Dawson friend moments in season 5. I think Dawson stayed on his boat for a while too. Pacey was working on his movie with him. Dawson was there with everyone else when he was going to leave, but changed his mind

Quote:
As much as I miss the PJo interaction in S5, I don't skip over it because I loved Chef Pacey and Pacey's growth in that season. He was super hot too.
agree. I didn't hate everything in season 5. There was stuff that I didn't care for, but there was some decent PJ interaction in the first half of the season. The scene when they see each other in 503 is one of my favorites. They interacted later in the season , but some of it wasn't that good. I still watched what everyone else is doing too

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"

Last edited by hshapir2; 07-12-2015 at 10:37 PM
Old 07-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad Pacey changed his mind

I really need to rewatch the later seasons

Pacey and Joey haven't had a lot of scenes in season 2 . I'm on episode Tamaras return!

Old 07-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Old 07-13-2015, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the finale was meant to show all 3 became friends again.

They were now mature adults and got over their issues.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-13-2015, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I think the finale was meant to show all 3 became friends again.

They were now mature adults and got over their issues.
I agree and I think it's good that they were able to mature and grow as people and see what they really wanted and put the drama behind them

Old 07-13-2015, 05:29 AM
Loyal Fan

You know as much as I hated how Dawson acted in season 3 I really need to thank him lol with out Dawson nudging Pacey to "look after Joey" Pacey might not have had a chance to fall so deeply in love with Joey!....I mean we know he liked her in season 1 but Joey shot him down then.....and had D/J retried that relationship then probably P/J might not have even been canon.....I'm interested to know did the writers always plan P/Jo or did it accidentally get written in and when it worked they kept it going lol? So TY TY Dawson LEERY for being selfish enough to think He could push Joey to the side whilst he find himself and whilst Pacey just blindly look after her like a hired bodyguard !!! lol

SHAWN x ANGELA~ COREY x TOPANGA (BMW)
(avatar: MILLIE MAE)
Old 07-13-2015, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You know as much as I hated how Dawson acted in season 3 I really need to thank him lol with out Dawson nudging Pacey to "look after Joey" Pacey might not have had a chance to fall so deeply in love with Joey!....I mean we know he liked her in season 1 but Joey shot him down then.....and had D/J retried that relationship then probably P/J might not have even been canon.....I'm interested to know did the writers always plan P/Jo or did it accidentally get written in and when it worked they kept it going lol? So TY TY Dawson LEERY for being selfish enough to think He could push Joey to the side whilst he find himself and whilst Pacey just blindly look after her like a hired bodyguard !!! lol
Dawson asked Pacey to watch her for a few days. She let him comfort her at the dock when she could have left or not hugged him. He thought Pacey would be with Andie when she came back. Joey could have stayed away from him. Joey went with him to see Andie, skipped school with him, hung out in the car with him, ate lunch with him etc. She chose to spend time with him on her own

Old 07-13-2015, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
Dawson asked Pacey to watch her for a few days. She let him comfort her at the dock when she could have left or not hugged him. He thought Pacey would be with Andie when she came back. Joey could have stayed away from him. Joey went with him to see Andie, skipped school with him, hung out in the car with him, ate lunch with him etc. She chose to spend time with him on her own
oh i def agree she definitely liked the situation too but i feel it was really orchestrated and pushed forward by 3x1 when dawson is after Another girl and doesnt really want joey like that anymore he just wants a friendship at that moment.....but only bc PACEY wants her does he all the sudden magically realize he still wanted her lol

Old 07-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#8 - 2
#9 -2
#11 - 1
#15 - 1

We have a tie!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh i def agree she definitely liked the situation too but i feel it was really orchestrated and pushed forward by 3x1 when dawson is after Another girl and doesnt really want joey like that anymore he just wants a friendship at that moment.....but only bc PACEY wants her does he all the sudden magically realize he still wanted her lol
good point. I was watching the rerun on TBS today called the Scare. It was a little PJ. The episode was funny. Pacey cracked me up with Pacey's got the jeep. Joey said he was a menace on the road. How many times has she driven with him since. LOL

Old 07-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I just love watching PJ early moments because they make all the PJ season 3 and on moments so much better because I just realized how the writers were super sneaky to go the PJ route and I'm like how did I not see it I mean now watching it while I'm older I see all the little hints they threw us in season 1 and 2 and even early season 3! But again watching it as it aired it was a huge surprise to me! In Cinderella story I remember thinking oh lord Dawson is going to FLIP! Lol and he did but I didn't care anymore because after that I was captain of the USS P/J

Last edited by *JAPRIL*; 07-13-2015 at 11:06 AM
Old 07-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JAPRIL* (View Post)
That was another thing he annoyed me with in S3. He's the one that said they can't be together then he suddenly wants her back. Or really, he was already acting like a lunatic when Pacey and Joey were taking those dancing classes. He acts like he can move on but she can't, hense like she is his property. He was everywhere with Eve but acts like Joey can't move on, GTFOOH. That's why I loved what Pacey said to him, he's such a delusional hypocrite. Dawson was very selfish during the series to me. I remember I thought during S3 they were going to put Dawson with Mr. Green's daughter, I was disappointed when her and her father left.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
That was another thing he annoyed me with in S3. He's the one that said they can't be together then he suddenly wants her back. Or really, he was already acting like a lunatic when Pacey and Joey were taking those dancing classes. He acts like he can move on but she can't, hense like she is his property. He was everywhere with Eve but acts like Joey can't move on, GTFOOH. That's why I loved what Pacey said to him, he's such a delusional hypocrite. Dawson was very selfish during the series to me. I remember I thought during S3 they were going to put Dawson with Mr. Green's daughter, I was disappointed when her and her father left.

Exactly Dawson didn't want Joey but he also didn't want anybody else to have her either! He was super selfish! And I lost all respect for him in "Show me Love".....I really didn't like Dawson again until his dad died and I finally started to feel sympathy for him about that but I was just like I feel sorry for Dawson but um yeah what's Pacey and Joey up too? Lol .....I only watched season 5 episodes if it involved P/J together in some way lol .....wow I was a crazy teen lol i was truly wrapped up in this show and if it wasn't going my way I would literally stop watching ......that's probably why the episode where Joey tells Dawson she isn't a virgin is probably fuzzy because I probably was mad and stopped watching because she upset me by lying about it....phew glad all the angst is over lol I was emotional about this show!

Last edited by *JAPRIL*; 07-13-2015 at 11:27 AM
Old 07-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah I just love watching PJ early moments because they make all the PJ season 3 and on moments so much better because I just realized how the writers were super sneaky to go the PJ route and I'm like how did I not see it I mean now watching it while I'm older I see all the little hints they threw us in season 1 and 2 and even early season 3! But again watching it as it aired it was a huge surprise to me! In Cinderella story I remember thinking oh lord Dawson is going to FLIP! Lol and he did but I didn't care anymore because after that I was captain of the USS P/J
I like the early stuff too because it's nice seeing how much their relationship evolved over the years

Quote:
He got jealous when he found out and then later in TLD acts likes it's inconceivable that there is something between them. I think he kind of realized something was happening, but deluded himself into forgetting about it and hoped it would go away

Quote:
Exactly Dawson didn't want Joey but he also didn't want anybody else to have her either! He was super selfish! And I lost all respect for him in "Show me Love".....I really didn't like Dawson again until his dad died and I finally started to feel sympathy for him about that but I was just like I feel sorry for Dawson but um yeah what's Pacey and Joey up too? Lol .....I only watched season 5 episodes if it involved P/J together in some way lol .....wow I was a crazy teen lol i was truly wrapped up in this show and if it wasn't going my way I would literally stop watching ......that's probably why the episode where Joey tells Dawson she isn't a virgin is probably fuzzy because I probably was mad and stopped watching because she upset me by lying about it....phew glad all the angst is over lol I was emotional about this show!
I haven't seen Show Me Love in so long, but wasn't that the one where he tried to run Pacey over with the boat

Closed Thread   Post New Thread