Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 07:18 AM
New Fan

Pacey's Birthday Mix-Up

Ok . . . I just noticed a mistake made on the behalf of the DC writers. Remember this??? Season 2 - Pacey's sixteenth birthday. It is at the beginning of the school term, just after the summer. He throws himself a beach party . . . it's still warm cos Andie is wearing a bikini, he has t-shirt on etc. Season 4 - Pacey's eigteenth birthday. It takes place a few episodes after the christmas episode. Joey throws him a party and they are all wearing winter clothes and winter coats outside when watching the fireworks? So . . . his birthday occurs at different times of the year. What happened there then huh? LOL. Just something I noticed when watching my DVDs the other day.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

I guess the writers didn't notice it was suppose to be winter in season 2 because it was still shorts weather when the show aired

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I noticed that too...

Old 05-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

To build up on what hshapir said, it does fall in the right place, but the weather isn't entirely accurate. Season 1 was the first semester of their sophomore year and Season 2 was the second semester, putting it at exactly the right place. I think Paul Stupin reasoned that Capeside had a heatwave that winter and a coldwave that spring (since it snowed on Dawson's birthday in spring)
Old 05-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

I think that TPTB are aware of the confusion regarding Pacey's birth date and the fact that it wasn't consistent in the show. If you go to the official site and do the DC personality test (hee!) one of the questions is:

22. Your birthday
a) Usually means someone you don't like will throw you a party… actually, they do that even when it's not your birthday.
b) Seems to keep changing dates… and happens to ALWAYS suck.
c)Is a time to reflect on your life and to tell your friends/family how you really feel.
d)Is something you don't like to make a big deal over.
e) Is a fun excuse to get everyone together!

b) is obviously the Pacey response
Closed Thread   Post New Thread