Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 06:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

If you could rewrite anything about the show...what would it be?

You've been given the pen on rewrites for a day! What do you change about Dawson's Creek? Can be anything, character, scene, season, cast change, etc.

I'd change Andie cheating on Pacey and them staying together/rekindling their flame for a while. And all the parent drama in the first 2 seasons, b/c that seemed boring at times.
Will secretly enjoy our time
So kiss on me tonight

---"Kiss on Me" Tyler Hilton
Old 06-06-2005, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

I would change the way Andie was treated in season 3 and I would have never took her off the show.
Jen would never die in my show. It was the stupidest decision the writers ever made...
And yeah, DJ would be together...

Old 06-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

I would rewrite most of the Mitch & Gail storylines, Andie leaving, i'd write most of season 5 very differently, especially Audrey's annoying problems and Joey would never sing to that mugger and...thats about it cause i loved the pj ending

Old 06-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

I would have treated Andie's character a better way in season 3, Jen wouldn't be dead. I would have like an opened end too. Joey should have been alone at the end and we would have heard a knock on the door and... that's all. No shipper war this way it would have been all fo the imagination

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 06-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

I would've had Andie leave in the beginning of season 3. And I would have put more emphasis on friendships. I would also completely rewrite season 5.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Absolute Fan

I would never have killed Jen off - after everything she had been through she didn't deserve that. And neither did Amy. As sad as it is, I think it would have made more sense for Grams to die and then alot more interaction between Jen/Jack. I would never have made Doug gay either. It was too predictable. I would have actually prefered to see Dawson in a relationship too. Not with Joey. II would have left that story line (over all the seasons) alone. Drue would never have left. Him and Audrey really could have been fun.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Id do a rewrite of a rewrite and have D/J end up together. Not kill Jen off as well.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Fifth season absolutely..............also I love capeside revisited......the kitchen scene...........her face was amazing..........and the scene on the docks..............
much I love you or how long I stay with you, you're
only gonna remember the moments when I leave.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

ohhhhhhh.................the end.......more kissing between Pacey and Joey, and a wedding a gorgeous baby and........
much I love you or how long I stay with you, you're
only gonna remember the moments when I leave.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

ITA with the killing Jen off. Seemed they just did it for shock value and for the series ender.

And again with giving Dawson someone to be with besides Joey. They never really gave him anyone I liked. I never liked that girl in S3 who was Jen's sister, or Gretchen with him. They just didn't do it. Pacey got alot of women besides Joey and Dawson got maybe 3 tops.
Will secretly enjoy our time
So kiss on me tonight

---"Kiss on Me" Tyler Hilton
Old 06-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Agree with Killers, I would have never made Doug gay either...never liked that storyline and definitely didn't like to see him with Jack.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

I'd have less auxillary characters particularly in seasons 5 and 6 and focus storylines on the friendships and interactions of the main 6 (yep, I'd bring Andie back).
Mitch and Jen would still be alive.
And since Dawson and Jen had therapy, I send the person who really needs it, Joey, to sort out her issues based on her experiences with her father and her parent's marriage.
DJ building up to a happy and healthy romantic relationship.
Pacey learning that feeling alive is an inside job.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, there are so many things I´ll change...
- Andie: I won´t do the hole "cheating on Pacey" stuff. She deserves better. I would make her stay in capeside no matter what. And I would make her Joey´s roomate in collage (just because I hate new people, and Audrey annoyed me)
- Jen/Dawson: I would make them end together. Specially because I would love to watch Jen having the "love of her life" forever. It´s so sad the way her story ended.
- Pacey and Joey: I would let them have a healthy relationship during season 4, specially without all the Dawson´s talking... that was so annoying. I would change the way they broke up, Pacey was totally out of character in Promicede. I would make them show feelings during season 5, some jealus, some vibe... SOMETHING!
- I would let Mitch alive
- I would make Pacey discover some kind of passion for something, and work for that
- I would have Pacey and Andie together for some time during season 5.
- I would eliminate Coda, that should never ever happen...
I could continue... Joey wouln´t sing in my show, etc etc
See you all
Juli
Old 06-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Agree with you Juli, would have never killed Mitch either...

Old 06-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

I think new characters are needed.