Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D
Joey Potter was one of the most completely self absorbed characters that I've ever seen on a television show, and her selfish "it's all about me" behavior in so many situations was appalling, but I think by that point I was so accustomed to her acting selfishly that it didn't bother me all that much. To me, her behavior at Mitch and Gale's wedding was much worse than her behavior in this episode, but Joey always thought of herself first before she'd actually think of anyone else, and yet we all used to fight tooth and nail over who she'd end up with. Go figure.
Nicely said. I definetly agree with you.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree she was selfish
Old 08-04-2017, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought this episode was pretty bland.

It was strange not having Pacey in the episode. Especially with the birth of Dawson's sister.

Oh great! Joey is late, just what I want… NOT. Thank God she wasn’t actually pregnant. It sucks that Joey lied to Pacey on the phone about what she went through and then Pacey in turn lied to her as well.

Quote:
Then she thinks she may be pregnant and she mopes and mopes until she finally takes a pregnancy test and alas, it's negative. WHy not do that in the first place like any other sane human wouldve done, or even wait a couple days until it arrived since everyone knows a womans period can can fluctuate and comes a couple days earlier or later.
Word on all of this. Joey hasnt annoyed me all that much through the series but this was one of her low moments. Her walking away when Gretchen was trying to help her was so annoying.

Quote:
her statement that Dawson and Gretchen are a lot closer than people who are having sex, seemed to toll the death knell for her relationship with Pacey, which was further confirmed to me later in the episode in Joey and Pacey’s telephone conversation, as we watched her face drop as he lied to her about where he was, and she knew he was lying, and she lied to him about why she wanted him to contact her. To me, the juxtaposition of the basic honesty between Dawson and Gretchen, and the lack of honesty between Pacey and Joey, which has been emphasized in the last several episodes, was quite telling tonight, and judging from the preview that we saw, will soon come to a head between both couples.
Totally agree and I think this was just another scene that indicated their break up was coming. She said that sex magnified their problems and I think that was the case for these two. Its weird because even though they were together the whole season and had some good scenes they really didnt get to be happy for very much of it? i guess thats how all the couples on the show were but still. It was more obvious in this rewatch then it was the last time I saw it.

Quote:
It also bothered me a lot the way Pacey's character was handled while he was with Joey. Always so so insecure and at times even possessive...It was a bit out of character and also annoying to watch,at least for me.At the end of the season I really was bored by them...maybe "bored" isn't even the right word...I'd say "annoyed". Once is intersting,twice is fine, three times it's ok, four times "I can stand it" but after the fifth ..Kill me now! The wirters were recycling the same problems (Dawson,college,different personalities etc.) over and over again with Pacey and Joey throughout the whole season 4. Everytime it seemed like they had resolved something but in the following episode you were all "Here we go again,and again and again...".
THIS THIS THIS 1XMILLON PERECENT. This is exactly how I feel. PJ ruined Pacey's character for me and their never-ending drama was just constant and repetitive.

Gretchen and Dawson are fine but I don't get a lot of excitement from them so I want that to be over now. (I will say their last scene was really cute though).

I felt awful for Tobey and what he had to go through and I was glad that Jack was there to support him but I still dont shop those two.

Dawson actually cut his hair! And him holding his sister was really sweet. I also enjoyed the DJ scene.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes joey was selfish, but her almost being pregnant is a real issue these days. I have always liked Joey because she is relatable for me, but no I don't tolerate lying.