All I can say about this episode

Although Jen's storyline was good

Icon by sourburst
Corrsfanre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed
Okay, its not like Joey was out for 10 weeks. It was only ONE day!
Yeah it was just ONE day.The day he had very important test in his school life.

When Joey went with Jen she didn't even know why excatly they were in NY.Joey were going to visit in the city while Jen was at the college meeting.She *didn't* go NY because of *to help Jen*.She went NY because of *to see the city*.Then she realized why they came to NY.

Quote:
I really don't think Joey can FIX Pacey's problem in one day! I really don't understand where you are coming from! Also, Pacey isn't the ONLY person who has issues, she has issues, her friends have issues so I don't understand why Pacey's issues mean MORE than hers nor Jen's.
Of course she can't fix his problem.She shouldn't.Because it's Pacey's problem.But she said *they* are going to fix it.That's why she should've helped him. I could be wrong but during the episode she didn't say anything about Pacey.As far as i know she didn't call him nor she didn't e-mail him either.Even though she didn't stay with him at least she could give him a call or something.Show some support,make him think even though she's not around she still thinks of him.But she didn't do any of it.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

I actually popped this episode in before when I noticed it was the Ep Discussion of the week. I basically agree with everything Jerry said ... about Dawson moving on, feeling bad for Pacey, Mr. Lindely's love for NYC, and Jen's heartbreaking performance.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

I dont think in Eastern Standard Time that Joey knew that anything was wrong with Pacey, so why should she feel like she has to be with him? And on the same line of thought...she had no idea that Jen was going to work out some issues with her dad. So really, she was just a girl taking a trip to NY with a friends, pretty much oblivious to the issues that were about to emerge. I dont think Joeys choice to go with Jen was a conscious choice to leave Pacey or to be with Jen in any way, she was just taking a day trip with a friend. I think if she knew Pacey were on the verge of a breakdown she wouldve been with him and not taken a trip away from him but she didnt know anything was going on with anyone really. So unless Im missing something, how is that even a discussion/debate?
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Banned

The only thing I have to say is that Pacey is a big boy, he could take care of himself. If Joey isn't allowed to go anywhere just because Pacey has a lousy test then Joey should be chained to Pacey at the wrist. Joey IS not Pacey's mother. I also don't recall Pacey EVER mentioning Joey either.
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I dont think in Eastern Standard Time that Joey knew that anything was wrong with Pacey
Joey knew what was wrong with Pacey since the end of Falling Down.

Quote:
she was just a girl taking a trip to NY with a friends
What i'm saying that it's just the timing wasn't right.If it was just a taking trip(which it was) she could do any day.It wasn't like one time she gets a chance to see the city.She picked a wrong day.That's all.

Quote:
Joey IS not Pacey's mother.
Ofcourse she isn't.she can't be with him all the time.But atleast she could give some support.That's why i said "at least she could give him a call or something.Show some support,make him think even though she's not around she still thinks of him." That's what Pacey needed.

Quote:
I also don't recall Pacey EVER mentioning Joey either.
Why would he do that?As far as i remember Drue mentioned it and Pacey didin't say anything.He didn't give an answer nor shut his mouth up
Old 08-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghn
Joey knew what was wrong with Pacey since the end of Falling Down.

Sooooo...that means she should've been by his side every second since episode 402? Pacey had problems with school which we did see Joey assisting him with when we saw them studying together in 404 but thats something that gets taken care of over a long period of time, Joey didnt need to hold his hand and walk hm through. Really my point was that, if I recall, Joey didnt know that Pacey was having the feeling that he was in Eastern Standard time and beyond, it all came out in Promicide to her shock and surprise so how could she have been with Pacey if she didnt know that anything was really wrong? She didnt know what was boiling up inside of him. Just because he had some school issues I dont think it was Joeys job to walk him through them every single day. I agree that if he were having a particulary difficult time that she was aware of maybe it wouldve been better for her to be with him but that wasnt the case.

Quote:
What i'm saying that it's just the timing wasn't right.If it was just a taking trip(which it was) she could do any day.It wasn't like one time she gets a chance to see the city.She picked a wrong day.That's all.
Right but that's my point, she didnt know it was the wrong day did she? She didnt know what was going to happen or that anything beyond the normal was going on with Pacey. Thats like saying someone should've kept a loved one from getting on a plane before it crashed, you cant be blamed for what happens in the future.
THen again maybe Im missing something and in an earlier episode Joey did know that there was something wrong with Pacey but if I remember it was Joey with the issue in Admissions and Pacey consoling her so I dont see why Joey going on a day trip with a friend, when to her knowledge her boyfriend was perfectly fine, was wrong.

Quote:
Ofcourse she isn't.she can't be with him all the time.But atleast she could give some support.That's why i said "at least she could give him a call or something.Show some support,make him think even though she's not around she still thinks of him." That's what Pacey needed.

SHe went away for a day...not three years.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Total Fan

I'm sorry but i don't buy whole Joey didn't know about Pacey's issue.It doesn't make any sense to me.My all opinion is based on she knew the issue.

Quote:
SHe went away for a day...not three years.
That's not an excuse.Besides i said before i'm saying again she can't be with him all the time.But it would've not killed her if she called him and said "honey good luck on your test".( i explained my reason ^) That's all.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

I just think its silly that a girl cant go away for the day without fawning over her boyfriend.

And I dont see where you got that Joey knew something dire was wrong withPacey in EST that she should've known to stay with him? What's that based on?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugz
I just think its silly that a girl cant go away for the day without fawning over her boyfriend.

And I dont see where you got that Joey knew something dire was wrong withPacey in EST that she should've known to stay with him? What's that based on?
Color me confused. Pacey was like that all year, first of all. And second ... HUH?

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:07 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugz

If you really think about it you'll see it's not silly.Because it's not about going a trip.She can go a trip , a concert , whatever she wants go with out her boyfriend.It's perfectly normal.It's about *making a choice* between going a trip or helping,supporting Pacey when he needed her the most.And she choiced going to NY. It's simple as that.Why Pacey couldn't say anything when Drue talked about her trip.He became quite and sad.Because he wasn't expecting her going either.

How do you think she knew there was something wrong when Pacey went to the fishing trip in Late?What made her think that?After all it was just a trip.She could see there was something going on because of he went a trip with his brother but she didn't know anything about the issue on the school.she didn't know the issue so why she thought he need help before the graduation?They never talked about that problem( because they just talked about his insecurity) after or before the break up.But she thought he needed help anyway.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

I must be missing something huge here, these episodes are a blur to me. I dont think Im missing anything though, maybe you guys are confusing episodes. Late, when Pacey goes on the fishing trip with Doug, has not happened yet.

The point is she didnt know at this point that he needed her.
Between Admissions and Eastern Standard Time was there something explicitly stated where we know that Joey knew something was really wrong with Pacey? I dont think that it's a good argument that he had school problems all year. Big deal! That doesnt mean that Joey cant go on a day trip because Pacey was a perpetually bad student. That's something he'd been working on ,with Joeys help, all year. We know that things got bad for him later in the season but the point is...did Joey know yet? At the point where she went to New York with Jen, I dont think that she did. I dont think that she knew anything was out of the ordinary. Like I said, maybe Im missing something completely, and if I am can someone point it out to me? Because I just cant recall an instance thus far when Joey knew something was epecially wrong with Pacey regarding schooling or anything. In fact, Late, where Joey finds out about Paceys fishing trip and why he went there, hasnt even happened yet!

So my point is that at this point in the seasons, Joey doesnt know that anything out of the ordinary is going on with pacey, I think the first inkling comes in the next episode, Late, when he goes on that fishing trip with Dougie. THATS when Joey finds out that Pacey got arrested while she was in New York and thats when she realizes something is wrong. So WHY shouldnt she go away witH Jen?
Old 08-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Total Fan

I gave the fishing trip as an example.He just went to the trip but she didn't buy it.Pacey couldn't keep it as an secret.So how is it possible Pacey could keep the school problem as an secret in the later episodes?Pacey didn't say anything about the exams in Graduation either but she went him for help.

Quote:
He's been working on with Joeys help all year
Excuse me but what makes you think that?All we know he just got an *A* in TCIC and studying together in Future Tense.It doesn't prove she helped him all year.

How many times do i have tell this?She can go a trip.But it doesn't stop her to support him the day he needs her.Why Pacey didn't say anything like *she doesn't know my tests* or something when Drue mentioned Joeys trip.Why Pacey became quite and sad?Because he was disapointed.He supported her everytime she needed.And he expected the same thing.But he didn't got it.Not at all.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
How many times do i have tell this?She can go a trip.But it doesn't stop her to support him the day he needs her.Why Pacey didn't say anything like *she doesn't know my tests* or something when Drue mentioned Joeys trip.Why Pacey became quite and sad?Because he was disapointed.He supported her everytime she needed.And he expected the same thing.But he didn't got it.Not at all.
Pacey needed her ALL season, so why should ONE day be any different? Why should Joey blow off HER TIME to support Pacey over one lousy test? Its not like its the SATs or the final exam! Pacey should worry about his FINALS not some stupid test that he probably passed, even without Joey's help. Pacey's NOT stupid, he can be smart without Joey's help. Actually, I have a question, what was so darn special about *this* test anyway. So I can understand where you coming from.
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

nghn,

You just pretty much proved my point. You say that Pacey hid things from Joey so Joey didnt know but then blame Joey for not supporting Pacey, even though you admit she didnt know because Pacey hid things.

Pacey'd been having school worries all semester, I dont see what made it any different this time around. The point that Future Tense sent home was that aftert Pacey confessed to Joey his problems that they did continue to work on them together, that didnt have to be shown in every episode, that point was establishedin Future Tense. I just dont think that Joey should be blamed for going away for one day when as far as she knew, there was nothing wrong. It's not as if she saw Pacey in a horrible conditiona nd said "Whatever, Im going to New York." When she did actually find out that Pacey was having problems she was tehre and she did want to help, unfortuantely Pacey had hid it for so long that it was too late, but hardly Joeys fault.
Reply   Post New Thread