Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Episode Discussion # 411 - "The Tao of Dawson"

Pacey's a bit unnerved when Dawson admits that he has feelings for Gretchen. So, when Pacey takes a road trip with his sister, he hastily encourages her to hook up with her fun-loving ex, whom they're en route to see. But he's conflicted when he discovers his sister's college boyfriend isn't the person Pacey always believed him to be. Meanwhile, Joey has an even worse weekend when she's stuck in a storage room with her worst enemy... Drue Valentine. Left alone in Capeside, Dawson watches love bloom between Grams and Brooks... but worries that Grams is destined to lose another loved one sooner than she thinks.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Pace & Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked the opening scene. I was very pleased to see Dawson telling Pacey about his feelings for Gretchen. It was the right thing to do and I know some people try to act like Dawson was trying to be smug in the scene but I totally disagree I think he was happy he had feelings finally for another woman. I enjoyed Dawson's talks with Jack very much and how Dawson acknowledged his actions in last years Boat Race was not his best moment. It's great how Far Dawson and Jack have come since season 2. Once again I liked the Dawson/Mr Brooks scenes a lot and The Grams ones 2.

I hated with a passion Pacey trying to push Gretchen and Nick together and telling him to ''Go for it''. I mean he was lying about her being crazy about him that point in time although at least in the end Pacey saw he was a jerk and how Pacey pretty much said she deserves someone like Dawson. Gretchen seemed like a woman he has grown up during her bed room scene with Nick. The end scenes are great I liked Dawsons letter to Gretchen and the end scene with them
Old 06-06-2005, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

I totally loved the final scene at the end with Gretchen and Dawson i thought it was adorable that he gave her the letter, I also liked the scene between Dawson and Pacey it was nice to see the two spending time together again.

Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree it was nice for Dawson and Pacey to be spending time together.

I loved it when Joey punched Drue!!! lol Go Joey!!! Also loved the way Joey describes her and Pacey's relationship to Drue
Old 06-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye4Josh
I loved it when Joey punched Drue!!! lol Go Joey!!! Also loved the way Joey describes her and Pacey's relationship to Drue
that totally reminded me of sassy season 1 Joey loved it! agree I loved whe Joey said those things about her relationship

Old 06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Although I was not a D/G shipper (enjoy some DG moments, though), I thought Dawson's letter to Gretchen was lovely and loved the last scene, when she arrived at his house and he says "What took you so long?".
But IMO, the best thing of this episode was definitely the last song "I think God can explain". I love this song and I was so mad when I heard they switched it too at the season 4 DVD box.

Didn't care much about Drue and Joey. Pacey annoyed me with his insistent attempt to push Gretchen towards Nick. But I was glad he noticed his behavior, though.

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

I'm with ya Cris - not a DG shipper by any means, but loved that last scene. The music was perfect. I always thing of that scene when I hear the song being played.
Loved the Dawson and Pacey interaction.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Eh ... it was an ok episode.

Glad to see Pacey and Dawson have a civil/adult conversation. That was a nice change of pace. And then the note at the end, that was really nice. Joey punching Drue was hilarious ... and I was glad the writer's decided to crack his character open a little more.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisBR
arrived at his house and he says "What took you so long?".
But IMO, the best thing of this episode was definitely the last song "I think God can explain". I love this song and I was so mad when I heard they switched it too at the season 4 DVD box.
I totally agree i loved that song i remember watching it with that song and it was perfect, and i loved how she came running up to Dawson so sweet, i was so annoyed when i watched my dvd for the first time i had no idea that song had been changed

Old 06-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I never liked D/G but the last scene was cute! I loved the fact that Pacey and Dawson were actually acting like friends. They were having a conversation that didnt envolve the triangle. I always missed there friendship

*~*Dawson and Joey forever*~*
~*Lucas and Peyton*~

Icon by purplexdawn
DawsonAndJoey2g4e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed the first Pacey/Dawson scene. It was cute and funny and I respect Dawson a lot for telling Pacey about his feelings. I don't really get why Pacey has such a problem with DG being together? I thought he would be happy to see them together because it means that Dawson was moving on from Joey. And why dont they both deserve happiness.

I am glad that Pacey came around in the end.

I do agree this was an episode more on the boring side. Dont really care about Grams love life, seeing pacey/gretchen all episode with her jerk ex boyfriend, mehhhh and dont even get me started on the pointless dru/joey scenes... zzzzz.... (I will admit what Joey said to Dru about Pacey was sweet.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawsonAndJoey2g4e (View Post)
I never liked D/G but the last scene was cute! I loved the fact that Pacey and Dawson were actually acting like friends. They were having a conversation that didnt envolve the triangle. I always missed there friendship
this.