Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Episode Discussion # 321 - "Show Me Love"

When Dawson discovers that Leery's Fresh Fish has sponsored Pacey and his "True Love" in the upcoming Capeside Regatta, he strong-arms Jack into letting him borrow his father's boat and turns the race into a classic grudge match. With the help of Mitch and Jack, Dawson, a notoriously bad sailor, joins the Regatta and lets his desire to beat Pacey overtake his sense of sportsmanship.

While Dawson drags his friends into his personal mission to show up Pacey, Henry undertakes an obsessive campaign to win back Jen's affections and Will finds out that he has been accepted to Rawley, an exclusive prep school.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Pace & Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Very sad episode for me. The opening teaser how they showed everyone with that song playing I could see how everyone was upset. In this episode It was painfully obvious for me that Dawson/Pacey's friendship really was over sadly. I mean Dawson looked like he wanted to rip Pacey's head off when they talked. It made me sad watching them trade jabs at one another. I can't defend Dawson for his actions during the boat race they were just awful and man Pacey came at Dawson with some fire in his eyes and with good reason but I still did feel a tad sorry for Dawson when he says to Pacey he still loves her. But I really felt bad for Joey she was just so upset about the whole situation. I really don't know what to say about Joey and Pacey's talk at the wall but I did like how when Pacey said ''If anything you just love him more'' Joey never denies that even though at this point in time she wanted to be with Pacey. The one scene I did like in this episode was Pacey and Andies talk. I loved how she picked up the True Love Plaque thing (At the time I thought it was symbolic) and I was glad Will got Andie to rethink her thoughts somewhat. I loved how Andie told Pacey she did not hate him and how she comforted him and gave him a friend that he needed even though she was not over him I applaud Andie for going to see him. Will was pretty cool sad to see him go. As for Dawson and Joey's end scene I guess it makes sense she wanted to watch E.T but you could see things had changed this was not how it was in the first episode when they watched It. Henry was just so damn annoying and I am shocked Jen did not get a restraining order.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As for Dawson and Joey's end scene I guess it makes sense she wanted to watch E.T but you could see things had changed this was not how it was in the first episode when they watched It
She was sitting in his room because she liked feeling fifteen where she could run a way from the real world

Quote:
I really don't know what to say about Joey and Pacey's talk at the wall but I did like how when Pacey said ''If anything you just love him more'' Joey never denies that even though at this point in time she wanted to be with Pacey.
I guess I must have missed what happens in True Love when even Dawson points out that he wish Joey loves him the way she loves Pacey and that Joey said she was in love with Pacey. Also, I seem to recall Joey saying she was denying her feelings for Pacey, so maybe that is why she didn't say anything after he came to the wall. After he came, she got scared again and rented the movie ET and said she wanted to watch something she knew the ending too because being with Pacey was all new for her, atleast that was how I saw it.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Extreme Fan

But I still think she had some love for Dawson but was In love with Pacey. I really do not want to talk about future Eps but its' kind of like how she says in Anti Prom with Dawson how ''It's Something that will probably always be there'' even though she wanted to be with Pacey and was in love with him.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This eppy is kind of sad to watch, 2 guys who used to be best friends are racing against each other over Joey...I was pretty surpised that Jack didn't get sea sick like last time...
Old 03-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Extreme Fan

This episode, for me, just proved Dawson's assiness even more. I really hated how he was only concerned for Joey's friendship and not Pacey's, not matter how hard Pacey tried. It didn't seem fair that Dawson wasn't as forgiving with Pacey, as he was with Joey. This became a reaccuring theme when it came to Dawson and Pacey's friendship in the beginning of Season 4 as well. And I blame Dawson for why their friendship never fully recovered after the whole Joey thing because if Dawson had only learned the concept of forgiveness, maybe things would have turned out differently in his life. And he wonders why him and Pacey never got back to the way things were and why they "haven't been best friends in a long time". I did however love their fight on the docks by the water. It was just one good comeback after another and I don't think I've ever seen Dawson able to hang with the real boys when it comes to an argument, so I give them both two thumbs up.

Quote:
Dawson: Answer my question, Pacey. Do you really think that you can compete with history?

Pacey: Some history. Fifteen years of watching PG movies in your bedroom followed by another year-and-a-half of pretending to be grown-up only to drop each other at the first sign of crisis. That's your history?? Come on, man. And you call this woman your soul mate?

Dawson: Yes! I do! And you knew that, but you went out after her anyway.

Pacey: Right after you rejected her.

Dawson: Oh, so she was vulnerable. Perfect for you right? 'Cause you're only interested in girls you can save or screw, right Pace?
I didn't really like how Andie was trying to act like a victim in all of this, but she got back on my good side with the conversation with Pacey after she retrieved the True Love plaque from the water. And I thought that was some nice Pacey/Andie interaction. But I guess I have to thank Will for this because if it weren't for him and his words of wisdom, she probably wouldn't have gone to see Pacey. And of course Will's parting words to Pacey, "Don't give up...On true love. It always wins in the end." So great And after that whole conversation between Pacey and Joey by her wall, I was starting to get worried that the writers were headed towards a DJ reunion, but Will's words reassured me. And speaking of that whole PJ wall talk, I don't think I really understood the purpose of it because nothing seemed to get accomplish there except that there were no ultimatums between Pacey and Joey. I dunno maybe I missed something. And Jen and Henry...:::YAWN::: Poor Jen to be stuck with this freshman stalker! And the Mitch and Gail storyline was sweet and I'm glad Gale realized that the Flash (hahaha I LOVE how TWOP refers him to this) is more important than business. Oh yeah, and Bessie's annoying antics in this episode is the reason for the past week or so I've been voting for her each round in the Character Survival Thread. Thank God she's finally GONE!

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
TrueLovePJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
speaking of that whole PJ wall talk, I don't think I really understood the purpose of it because nothing seemed to get accomplish there except that there were no ultimatums between Pacey and Joey.
the point was this. This show is not subtle.

Quote:
Joey: Well, the lease is gonna be up soon.

Pacey: I'll renew it again if you wanted me to.

Joey: Oh, I dunno Pacey... I don't wanna give it up, it's just I don't feel like I'm ready to...Pacey: Paint?

Joey: Yeah.

metaphor for PJ. Joey wants to be with Pacey, but she is afraid to. The writers did the same thing in 306 with PA and even PT when she came back

Old 03-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200
The one scene I did like in this episode was Pacey and Andies talk. I loved how she picked up the True Love Plaque thing (At the time I thought it was symbolic)
Leave it to me to read too much into every little detail, but that could actually be seen as symbolic - as Pacey gives up on any hope of true love conquering all, so to speak, and takes the plaque off of the boat and throws it into the water, Andie retrieves it and carries it back to him - however, while she's carrying it in front of her, she's holding it upside down (told you I read too much into things!), which could be seen as that this is not a sign that Andie is his true love, but that she is going to restore his faith and hope in the idea of true love, as the true friend that she proved to be to him.

Either that or I need to get a life.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

I felt this episode wasn't as well-written as others, and this was in part because they switched the writing team for this one episode. I remember hearing that Liz and this other girl were allowed to "guest write" for the show, with approval from Paul Stupin.

The episode was incredibly sad for me, seeing the way Dawson and Pacey fought competitively over Joey, in the aftermath of the news of Joey and Pacey's secret relationship. The "save or screw" argument was very intense (as a sidenote, I actually stood right there before when I went to Wilmington, so that was surreal!), and it's sad to see how these two friends became so estranged over one girl. I did feel badly for Joey, but I also think she shouldn't have listened to her sister. Bessie's advice, frankly, sucked. And so did Mitch's advice. Nothing completely justifies Dawson's actions, even though they made sense in context of circumstances.

I really liked Pacey and Andie's scene. She proved that she could get past her feelings for Pacey and instead of hating him, set him free.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh the angst.

This episode was so heartbreakinly beautiful. I thought it was very well acted by most of the cast.

I love a happy, funny Pacey, but there's just something about a sad, angsty Pacey that gets me all flustered.

This episode helped to show Dawson and Pacey's personalties, and how different they really were.

There's a convo that P/J have that I think is supposed to be the equivalent to the D/J convo in is room the episode before. It's the one they have at the wall. I also think that convo shows the biggest difference between Dawson and Pacey and the P/J and D/J. Dawson said to Joey that she had to choose. Basically forcing her to make a decision that she just wasn't ready to make. Pacey tries to get answers from her but when she can't he understands. He gets it. He tells her that there are no ultimatums, and that he understands. That has to be one of the reasons I'm a P/Jer. To me D/J seems like such a selfish love. They only really want each other when it's convenient for them. P/J is a selfless love. It's always all about the other person. Ain't True Love grand?

I really can't stand the way Dawson treats Pacey. The convo they have on the docks is just unbelieveable. I can't believe he actually thinks that Pacey only wants girls he can "save or screw". I really wish Pacey would have beat the crap out of him for that comment. Ass.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think Pacey could beat him up but that is just my personal opinion. The example you gave is also the perfect example of how the show made Dawson's character the villain and Pacey the hero.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Pacey could so beat him up. Even in season 1, Joey said that Dawson doesn't like to lose. The show didn't make Dawson the villain or Pacey the hero. Dawson acted like this before season 3. In his birthday before he even gets drunk, he says mean things about most of his friends, including Pacey. I remember in season 4 that Dawson paints Pacey as the villain and his as the hero and Joey says not everything is black and white

Old 03-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Pacey could so beat him up.
Word!

I wasn't really suprised by Dawson's actions in this episode. I was extremely upset at Andie in this episode, but she redeemed herself in the next one.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, I really do not think Dawson saying some mean stuff is the same or anywhere near the way he acted at the end of season 3 especially the extremeness of it. I mean at 1 time or another everyone has said some mean stuff for whatever reason. I still do not think Pacey could beat Dawson up sorry.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, I really do not think Dawson saying some mean stuff is the same or anywhere near the way he acted at the end of season 3 especially the extremeness of it.
He had never been in a situation like that before, so his actions were magnified. In detention he used a basket ball and in sml he used a boat. I blame his parents for not calling him on his behaviour. *bad flashes*

Quote:
I still do not think Pacey could beat Dawson up sorry.
If Pacey was really intoxicated, no.