Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion 215 "...That Is The Question"

Despite his attempts at levity, Jack is having trouble coping with the rumors at Capeside High School that he's gay. In a moment of anger with his absentee father, Jack blurts out his true feelings, that despite his efforts to the contrary, he is gay, and is left with the consequences of what he says. When Pacey returns to school from his suspension, he continues to battle Mr. Peterson - this time, over the new, seemingly unfair grading system. Pacey makes his argument to the School Board, inadvertently prompting Mr. Peterson to take an early retirement, forcing Pacey to doubt his actions. Meanwhile, Jen questions her relationship with Ty when they have a heated discussion about homosexuality.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Very Good follow up from the last episode. Jack was once again great in this episode especially the end when he admits to his father that he is gay and I like how Andie stuck up for him in the end and I liked when Jack finally thanked Pacey. I loved when D/J slow danced and Joey said she cant read Jacks eyes like she can Dawson. I loved when Andie told Pacey she was sorry and they made up. I hated Ty and I was glad Grams told him off. I don't really know what it was that made that teacher so mean but I almost for a sec felt a little bad for him. I was not a Jack/Joey but I did feel a little bad for her when Jack admitted he was gay but I like the scene how she came to Dawson at the end. I loved the opening scene with Dawson and Pacey.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I love how Jack and Andie stood up to his dad in this episode and also how grams tells Ty off. Very Good Acting from Kerr
Old 08-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Cotton Candy

This is my favorite Season 2 episode (at the moment). Kevin Williamson is a fantastic writer and knows these characters inside and out, because, well he created them and TITQ really showed just how amazing he is.

Each storyline was beautifully done and every actor got a chance to really shine.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Loyal Fan

What I liked most about this ep was Pacey standing up for himself and what he believed in. He may not have wanted to drive Peterson out of his career, but that was Peterson's choice. Pacey was right to report him and shouldn't have doubted his actions. This is the route he should have taken in the beginning without the spitting.

I'm glad Andie told her father to leave and I was glad to see her be there for Jack. I know many think contary to this but I found Jack's acting in his crying scenes a little forced, but overall it was good.

I can understand some fans of D/J liking the scene where Joey crawls back to Dawson, because after all it means Joey falls back into the arms of her 'rightful' owner, but I remember when I first watched this, I didin't feel much sympathy for Joey. It's not like she was really in love with Jack. She seemed more fun and carefree with him, but only, I think, because she was unfettered from Dawson and had none of that history dragging her down. Also, this is the first instance where she seeks out Dawson only because she's been dumped. She does it a second time after Pacey leaves her in S4.
Not that I fault Dawson for being there for her after Jack turned gay because I don't. I suppose it also illustrates the strong bond of friendship between them that Joey feels she can go to Dawson and Dawson can comfort her. (Even if that friendship was quite tenuous during S2) And if you want to look deeper, it probably also means that Joey's confidence about herself has been knocked again.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

I actually found Dawson likeable in this episode. He was being a good friend to Pacey and Joey. Jaycee, I think Joey is still in love with Dawson in season 2, even when she's with Jack. I never thought she was in love with Jack. I also loved Pacey standing up for what he believes and also Andie going against him whether he liked it or not. I found the Jack crying scene ok. I liked how Andie comforted Jack and told her father to leave

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the ending of Joey going back to Dawson...that defines there relationship, them always going back to each other. Plus I love that song in the background during that scene.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

I agree only I see it a bit differently. It really defines their relationship, always going back to each other on the rebound. This was actually the first of many times she ran back to Dawson only when her first option didnt pan out.

You know...just sayin...
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kerr Smith was pretty powerful in this eppy
Old 08-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

I couldn't help but applaud at a lot of different things in this episode.

*Andie for standing up to her father when he was looking down at Jack.
*Dawson for putting his feelings aside and trying to help Joey and Jack's relationship in the romance department
*Pacey for not just going the easy route and sticking up for Jack and everyone else who had been shunned by Professor Peterson.
*Jen for choosing friendship/and her views over some cute guy who was very much narrow-minded.
*And Grams for not standing by and letting Ty tell Jen she was wrong.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Age-a-licious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Age, I agree with everything you said.

Old 08-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by hshapir2
I actually found Dawson likeable in this episode. He was being a good friend to Pacey and Joey. Jaycee, I think Joey is still in love with Dawson in season 2, even when she's with Jack. I never thought she was in love with Jack. I also loved Pacey standing up for what he believes and also Andie going against him whether he liked it or not. I found the Jack crying scene ok. I liked how Andie comforted Jack and told her father to leave
ITA. My thoughts exactly.

The only thing I will add is Jack always slightly bothered me that he did not seem to appreciate how Pacey had his back. I just wish Jack could have recognized Pacey's big heart. Not only did Pacey stand up for him towards that evil teacher, but he also helped Andie see the light and open up to the possibility that Jack was, indeed, gay. I just think Pacey got a little underappreciated by Jack in this eppie. Slightly bothered me.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Wilpen, I kind of think Jack was upset with Pacey because he made a big deal about the poem in the first place. At the end, Jack did thank Pacey.

Old 08-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Extreme Fan

I was glad at least in the end Jack said thank you.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

You can't really blame Jack for not thanking Pacey before the end. The thing was that Jack figured that if Pacey hadn't made such a big deal then hopefully the entire issue would've been sweeped under the rug a lot faster than it was.

Jack was finally able to thank Pacey towards the end because the entire time he knew that Pacey had his back. He just didn't want to give anyone a reason to know that there was a reason that Pacey needed to.

If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Age-a-licious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread