Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabell (View Post)
Hello everybody! I’m new here, and, just to apologize, I give my best, but English is not my native language. So I hope it’s good enough that everybody can understand me.

I love Joey/Pacey as well (that is, because I love every pairing as long as Pacey is in it…), but I love Andie/Pacey slightly more. They are my favourites.
And you can't deny, Pacey was a different guy when he was with Andie. I don’t doubt that Joey truly loves him, but she couldn’t give him the thing he needed: confidence. Andie could.

Pacey was amazing in season 2. He stood up for Jack, he stood up for Andie, he even stood up for himself (against his father), he got good grades and he believed in a bright future.
In Season 4, when he was with Joey, basically the only thing he did was to be afraid that he will lose her and he broke when he thought he did.

Remember Paceys' birthday in Season 4? I missed Andie in those scenes. And I didn’t like Joey in that episode. Pacey was ripped apart by his own family, and it was so horrible to see (Joshua Jackson definitely nailed it!), but the woman who loved him… just let it happen.
Could you imagine Andie at this party, even as friend? I believe, John Witter would have been silent for a while....

And more than that, I guess, Andie would have respected his wish that he didn’t want a birthday party at all.
First of all, Welcome to the DC Board and to our lovely Pandie Thread.

You bring up a really good point about Pacey's birthday in S4 and if Andie would have been there, she definitely would have spoken up on Pacey's behalf. Sort of like Gretchen did, but in a more enthusiastic way. She was great in supporting Pacey.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-18-2016, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello Mirabell and welcome to the thread such a pretty name
Amazing post ITA with you I wish Andie were still here
Old 03-19-2016, 06:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hello everybody! I’m new here, and, just to apologize, I give my best, but English is not my native language. So I hope it’s good enough that everybody can understand me.

I love Joey/Pacey as well (that is, because I love every pairing as long as Pacey is in it…), but I love Andie/Pacey slightly more. They are my favourites.
And you can't deny, Pacey was a different guy when he was with Andie. I don’t doubt that Joey truly loves him, but she couldn’t give him the thing he needed: confidence. Andie could.

Pacey was amazing in season 2. He stood up for Jack, he stood up for Andie, he even stood up for himself (against his father), he got good grades and he believed in a bright future.
In Season 4, when he was with Joey, basically the only thing he did was to be afraid that he will lose her and he broke when he thought he did.

Remember Paceys' birthday in Season 4? I missed Andie in those scenes. And I didn’t like Joey in that episode. Pacey was ripped apart by his own family, and it was so horrible to see (Joshua Jackson definitely nailed it!), but the woman who loved him… just let it happen.
Could you imagine Andie at this party, even as friend? I believe, John Witter would have been silent for a while....

And more than that, I guess, Andie would have his wish that he didn’t want a birthday party at all.
There is no way Andie would have allowed Pacey's family to run him down like they did. In fact I would feel sorry for them when Andie was done with them
Old 03-20-2016, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha poor family but I think she can talk some sense to people without being harsh, remember her phone conversation with Pacey's father, judging from what he said to his son, she manages to make her point and stays very polite doing so, she's that awesome
Old 03-21-2016, 11:33 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
First of all, Welcome to the DC Board and to our lovely Pandie Thread.

You bring up a really good point about Pacey's birthday in S4 and if Andie would have been there, she definitely would have spoken up on Pacey's behalf. Sort of like Gretchen did, but in a more enthusiastic way. She was great in supporting Pacey.
I would go a bit further than this - Andie seemed to have managed to communicate with Pacey's Dad in a way that he actually understood and clarified for him how Pacey actually felt about things. So while I don't think she would have simply put up with the nonsense that Pacey's family threw at him, I think she would have been able to negotiate that dinner party in a conciliatory way. She would have spoken the truth, but she would have done so by reaching out (in the same way that she spoke the truth about Abbie but she managed to do so in a way that embraced rather than alienated others). It was one of the things that was special about her.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love your thoughts mirabell. pretty name.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlath1 (View Post)
I would go a bit further than this - Andie seemed to have managed to communicate with Pacey's Dad in a way that he actually understood and clarified for him how Pacey actually felt about things. So while I don't think she would have simply put up with the nonsense that Pacey's family threw at him, I think she would have been able to negotiate that dinner party in a conciliatory way. She would have spoken the truth, but she would have done so by reaching out (in the same way that she spoke the truth about Abbie but she managed to do so in a way that embraced rather than alienated others). It was one of the things that was special about her.
Excellent point and you are totally right.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-21-2016, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlath1 (View Post)
You are totally right. Pacey and Andie connected on a level that Pacey and Joey would never have..

It surprised me that more people can't see this.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I found P/A lovers comment. It was the one about taking care of Andie. She had a different youtube name before.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:28 PM
New Fan

Thank you everybody for the lovely welcome! I’m really glad I found you! And it’s amazing that after all this years there is still so much love for DC! That shows how special this series is!

And I’m glad that I’m not the only one who still thinks that Pacey/Andie were special. Because of things like that – I totally agree, in one way or another, Andie would have stand up for Pacey and defended him at this party, and I doubt he felt ‘like nothing’ with her.

To be honest, I enjoyed the triangle (at least in Season 3 and partly in Season 4), but on the other hand, you have a love triangle in almost every TV show. It’s more or less the standard storyline in every drama series.

But Andies battle against her mental illness, her breakdown, her mother, her dead brother haunting her, slowly losing reality and Pacey being such a great boyfriend, that was something different and very very intense, and exactly this storyline made me a DC-addict.

And I would rather have seen more from this storyline instead of a heartless break-up to make room for Pacey/Joey (which was beautifully written, I have to admit that). I tried to convince myself that she was hallucinating about Marc. She would never have cheated on Pacey. That’s just not credible.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thank you everybody for the lovely welcome! I’m really glad I found you! And it’s amazing that after all this years there is still so much love for DC! That shows how special this series is!

And I’m glad that I’m not the only one who still thinks that Pacey/Andie were special. Because of things like that – I totally agree, in one way or another, Andie would have stand up for Pacey and defended him at this party, and I doubt he felt ‘like nothing’ with her.

To be honest, I enjoyed the triangle (at least in Season 3 and partly in Season 4), but on the other hand, you have a love triangle in almost every TV show. It’s more or less the standard storyline in every drama series.

But Andies battle against her mental illness, her breakdown, her mother, her dead brother haunting her, slowly losing reality and Pacey being such a great boyfriend, that was something different and very very intense, and exactly this storyline made me a DC-addict.

And I would rather have seen more from this storyline instead of a heartless break-up to make room for Pacey/Joey (which was beautifully written, I have to admit that). I tried to convince myself that she was hallucinating about Marc. She would never have cheated on Pacey. That’s just not credible.
What most people forget, especially P/J'ers, is that Andie never had to tell Pacey and he never would have found out, but Andie is an honest girl and wants no lies or secrets between her and Pacey. Now compare that to all the lying and secrets between Pacey and Joey season four.

For the most part I really enjoy your thoughts in regards to Pacey and Andie; the exception I have to take is when you stated how beautifully Pacey and Joey were written season three. You have to realize that Pacey and Joey were written against the back drop of the complete destruction of Andie's character. They felt that Andie be destroyed to make Joey and Pacey even viable.

Welcome to the thread, and I enjoy reading your posts.

I write fanfictio and the below link is to a story I think you will enjoy, let me know.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9279241...-is-The-Hunter
Old 03-24-2016, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I agree. Pacey and Andie were much more unique and I feel that in the later seasons Dawson's Creek turned into a typical teen TV show.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:51 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
What most people forget, especially P/J'ers, is that Andie never had to tell Pacey and he never would have found out, but Andie is an honest girl and wants no lies or secrets between her and Pacey. Now compare that to all the lying and secrets between Pacey and Joey season four.

For the most part I really enjoy your thoughts in regards to Pacey and Andie; the exception I have to take is when you stated how beautifully Pacey and Joey were written season three. You have to realize that Pacey and Joey were written against the back drop of the complete destruction of Andie's character. They felt that Andie be destroyed to make Joey and Pacey even viable.

I can see how some people think that the beginning of the romance between Pacey and Joey was well written - the writers clearly put a huge effort into it. It was a real shame that it required the complete destruction of Pacey/Andie. Not only do I think that it was almost unbelievable that Season 2 Andie would ever cheat on Pacey, there were many other ways that they could have broken them up that wouldn't have required such a huge character alteration. Surely, If I can think of a couple of dozen ways to break them up without making Andie seem like she had become a different person, then a professional writer could?

Last edited by JJH85; 03-31-2016 at 07:52 PM Reason: Put text in quote block
Old 03-24-2016, 02:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
You’re right. I remember, when I watched it the first time, I even thought, how stupid it was from her to tell him. But Andie is honest and was full of guilt, so that was just not an option for her.
And on the other hand, given the circumstances, I think, Pacey would have been able to forgive her at least after a while. His silly tantrum about his love was not enough-blabla wasn’t convincing either.
Why didn’t they just say the doctors recommended not to have a relationship right know because it is too much emotional stress? Pacey would have been heartbroken as well, which was necessary for Joey/Pacey, and that wouldn’t have destroyed Andie. Or something like that.

Quote:
Yes, they destroyed her, and the cheating was not the only thing. Andie stealing a test was as much as stupid, and lying about almost being raped was the most stupid thing ever.
I hated that. However, I still enjoyed PJo after a while, because they got a whole season to slowly fall in love with each other, and I still think, this development was written beautifully.
But I wish as well, they would have dealt with Andie differently. Destroying her character was one of the worst things happend in DC.

Quote:
Welcome to the thread, and I enjoy reading your posts.
I write fanfictio and the below link is to a story I think you will enjoy, let me know.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9279241...-is-The-Hunter
Thank you! I really enjoyed the reading! You got both wonderful in-character, everything fits in really well with the things happened in the show, and you even found kind of an explanation for Andies cheating and her strange behavior. Great work!
Old 03-24-2016, 11:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the compliment on the story.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread