Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 05:48 AM
New Fan

Did Joey ever really get over Pacey???

Ok guys . . . I have some questions for you all.

In season 5, Joey seems to be completely over Pacey. She encourages him to get with Audrey. . . she talks to him about her thing with Dawson . . . I dunno, it's wierd. Even when she knows Pacey is sleeping with Audrey in her dorm room she is not at all worried. She seems to get over him way too quickly, considering the intensity of their relationship in seasons 3 and 4. Plus . . . they were together for like, a whole year. I just don't get it.

Pacey on the other hand, still sometimes shows his feelings for her. For instance, he tells Charlie he would pretty much make his life a living hell if he ever hurt Joey, etc. I don't think he hated Charlie because of the way he was with Audrey in the movie - more becuase of how he was with Joey - Pacey was jealous. So, there were times when his feelings for her were still evident.

With Joey, it was kinda like her relationship with Pacey never happened. She just started to treat him like she did at the start of season 3 - when they really were just friends.

Then, in season 6 - it gets worse. Pacey's feelings are even more evident, but Joey says she doesn't even 'feel it' and runs off to Eddie.

It confuses me. So. . . the question is. Was it all as front on Joey's behalf? Did she still want Pacey and just pretend she didn't? Was she totally over Pacey in season 5? . . . or did she actually care about him and Audrey and pretend she didn't? Did, she really love Eddie more than Pacey in season 6? If so, why did she want him so badly again in the finale? Finally, did she just say she didn't feel it because she was scared of admitting she actually did, and being hurt again? . . . did Harley's prom thing just bring back too many bad memories?

What do you guys all think?
Old 06-03-2005, 06:02 AM
Absolute Fan

I missed most of season 5 so i'm not sure. I'd say it was a conscious desions to appear that way. It is after all in Joey's nature to run from relationship. She even said herself she has to stop running. she probably wasn't over him, but just wasn't aware of it.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

I think it was a conscious decision as well. And she never dealt with the break up, so I think being at the dance brought it all back to her. She wasn't ready to be with Pacey yet and she needed to finish things off with Eddie. IMO, Eddie was the safer choice because he was leaving to go back to school at the end of the summer.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Hm... sleeping with Charlie, flirting with Wilder, dating Eddie and going back and forth with Dawson... I'd say she was way over Pacey after s4.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm... so Pacey and Dawson must have been over her too. They had relationships and slept with other people.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

to quote Ross: "When was she under him?!"
(and no thanks I don't want any graphic answers involving PJ nookie )

Yep, I think she was over him. Still loved him and cared about him as a friend. I think the writers had her get over him quicker than she probably would have in real life. Season 5 was all about stringing us DJers along...

Last edited by Deb D; 06-03-2005 at 02:44 PM
Old 06-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

I agree about them stringing you DJers along. At times it seemed like the writers were mocking DJ.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, I think both camps were victims at times
Old 06-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

oh yes. I do think DJ were mocked more though.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In one word...NO......Joey never got over Pacey!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Extreme Fan

No, I don't think that Joey ever got over Pacey. The feelings were always there, just something she put on hold.

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Then I believe with equal certainity that Joey never really got over Dawson. Her romantic feelings have just been put on hold while she's with Pacey... Denial goes both ways....
*this is a teasing, friendly post* (disclaimers are often necessary in this longstanding shipper war...)
Old 06-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

She never get over pacey.........She confirm that to Pacey in episode Clean and Sober.........

Pacey: What you said earlier was right. I never
did. How could I? Just look at you.
[Joey leans up groggily]
Joey: You know what else we never did?
[She kisses him]

She did get over Dawson in episode 501 she say something like this in a paper to profesor wilder:

She didn’t know how they got there.
She had no idea. The thought of kissing this boy (Dawson)
hadn’t crossed her mind in years
much I love you or how long I stay with you, you're
only gonna remember the moments when I leave.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I never really got that line in Joey's college paper, cause Dawson had planted a kiss on her only a year before Coda in the anti-prom and she admitted she had felt something, so a thought of some description must have been in her head...it certainly hadn't been years since the thought crossed her mind....and I'm not sure about the reliability of Joey's drunken kisses. I always remember she was very affectionate while drunk (see long-haired guy in season 1, Dawson in season 1, everyone in Future Tense.... )
But anyway, I really think both DJers and PJers can find some tidbit to support their case that she was never really over whoever you ship...(see Bessie's comment in the season finale). I just really think that season 5 showed Joey was over Pacey.

Last edited by Deb D; 06-04-2005 at 03:46 PM
Old 06-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I think she did. I mean, come one!!! She was all ok with P/A, plus she seems really happy enjoying Charlie, and then Eddie.
I LOVE PJ, but their story was so ruined after season 4. I´m still happy they ended together... but it was never the same. And Joey was so obviusly over Pacey that it maded me sick... that´s why I can´t watch season 5 without wanting to puke. I assume I feel the same the DJs feel with season 3...
But it was even worst. In season 3 Joey had considerations to Dawson´s feelings... in season 5 is like there are no feelings to have consideration to... Pacey was over Joey also. That´s why I have problems to find "Castaways" bealivable...... Their discussion about sex with other people was kind of odd... I´m still a hardcore PJ, please don´t hate me...
See you
Juli