Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually think Dawson grew up after season 3, he's not my favorite, but I don't think he deserves as much hate as he gets. Yes PJ was good this season, but in the longest day they spent an awful lot of time talking about hurting dawsons feelings is that why they were together in this episode? and then in true love, yes they went sailing but if dawson hadn't given permission I don't know if joey would have gone.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I get why Dawson was upset, but his anger and righteousness were over the top, Joey and Pacey were dating a week before they told him. That's nothing, imo. I think they had Will and Anidie go out together to compare Pacey's reaction to Dawson's reaction having a good friend dating an ex. Yes, The Longest Day was about everybody's feelings in the triangle. PJ didn't want to hurt Dawson's feelings. Maybe they didn't handle it perfectly, but they're human along with Dawson.

Joey sailing away with Pacey after Dawson gave his permission is exactly what went wrong with their relationship/friendship, I think. Joey realized it in season 4 to an extent. She said when she's around Dawson, she's 15 again.

Onto the good in season 3, I like that only the original four went to witch island. I actually don't mind Pacey and Jen's no strings attached arrangement. But I'm happy that they just remained good friends.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 09-04-2015 at 12:26 PM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Okay, I can understand Dawson being hurt that his ex girlfriend and his best friend are dating. In real life that does seem wrong IE family or friends dating your ex but Dawson was so petty, nasty, and immature about it. You can't help your feelings or falling in love with someone and Dawson was the one that pushed them together. It happened, they didn't set out to hurt Dawson. Dawson was acting like Pacey was malicious with it. The way he reacted you would think Dawson was still dating Joey and she was fooling around with Pacey, also it was also Dawson that kept saying they should be apart and it's for the best then he started to act like Joey was his property. He also killed me with these grand show off gestures in his attempt to play "Mine is bigger" with Pacey like the Anti Prom and using Joey's business to represent her in the race (like Pacey said no matter what he does Dawson wins in that case) and almost crashing into Pacey with his boat cause he was butthurt Pacey was winning. I thought back in 2000 Dawson was being a d*ck and still think it now. The best thing about Dawson and Pacey's feud was showing how mature Pacey acted while Dawson stomped around like a toddler that doesn't want to eat his broccoli. I'm still disgusted Dawson tried to OWN Joey like she was something he bought. Extremely selfish and douchey IMO. I didn't think about them showing Pacey's reaction to Will/Andie opposed to Dawson's but I didn't realize back then how hypocritical it was for Andie to lecture Pacey about being with Joey despite his friendship with Dawson when she is with Pacey's best friend after cheating on him. I notice more now what a hypocrite Andie was. Also forgot how b*tchy she was during Joey in S3 too, her and Dawson needed to GTFO IMO.
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't think about Pacey's acceptance of Andie and Will as a comparison to Dawson's reaction, but again, Pacey comes out ahead. Love that boy.

I liked that Jen and Joey got close in S3.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gosh, this thread should be renamed the official Dawson & Andie unappreciation thread

Dawson finds out about PJo in 3x20 and I think he doesn't care if they were only dating a week before they told him, one month or even one year, who cares ? In 3x18, Pacey attempted to tell him on their camping trip but didn't find the courage after Dawson reminded him how Joey meant for him so the thing is Pacey alreadly knew how much it would be devastating for Dawson, he totally knew
Old 09-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

No matter how you felt about the characters, it was a good triangle compared to some others..

I wish they did more with Jen and her mom. I wasn't a fan of Eve, but I think it would've been a good story.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
No matter how you felt about the characters, it was a good triangle compared to some others..

I wish they did more with Jen and her mom. I wasn't a fan of Eve, but I think it would've been a good story.
Or at the very least make it so that Eve was mistaken about who her mom was and end the story instead of simply ignoring it.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 09-06-2015 at 01:12 PM
Old 09-06-2015, 12:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Dawson finds out about PJo in 3x20 and I think he doesn't care if they were only dating a week before they told him, one month or even one year, who cares ? In 3x18, Pacey attempted to tell him on their camping trip but didn't find the courage after Dawson reminded him how Joey meant for him so the thing is Pacey alreadly knew how much it would be devastating for Dawson, he totally knew
I agree

Also, I feel that Dawson grew up in S4, whereas Pacey regressed in S4.
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Or at the very least make it so that Eve was mistaken about who her mom was and end the story instead of simply ignoring it.
Oh, that woud've been a great twist!

I agree, both Dawson and Pacey had periods of growing up and regressing, but I think Dawson really started changing after his father died.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Oh, that woud've been a great twist!

I agree, both Dawson and Pacey had periods of growing up and regressing, but I think Dawson really started changing after his father died.
Yeah, I think reality finally kicked in when Mitch died. Although he had some not so great moments directly after, he did mature quite a bit in S5.

There was so much about S3 that I liked, but I think it was because S3 really put a lot more focus on Pacey than in S1/S2 and that was just fine by me because he's my favourite anyway. He was super hot in S3 too.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Yeah, I think reality finally kicked in when Mitch died. Although he had some not so great moments directly after, he did mature quite a bit in S5.

There was so much about S3 that I liked, but I think it was because S3 really put a lot more focus on Pacey than in S1/S2 and that was just fine by me because he's my favourite anyway. He was super hot in S3 too.
Yeah, like I said in another post, Pacey seemed like a sidekick that he was probably meant to be in S1 and S2. He really came into his own in S3. Of course, he looked quite good in S3, too. I l think he looked best in S3, S5, and end of S6.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
I agree

Also, I feel that Dawson grew up in S4, whereas Pacey regressed in S4.
Thank you dcfriends. Yes dawson did things, and like PJ didn't? and yes DJ had problems, and PJ didn't?! Yes Dawson issued an ultimatum, well so did Pacey in True Love. People always focus on how bad Dawson was in season 3, and no one else suffered during the triangle?
Old 09-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I don't think anyone said only Dawson and Dawson and Joey had problems. Pacey and Joey sure did have problems. They weren't perfect, but it was how each character handled things.

Joey thought Pacey was giving up on her and sailing away. That's why he asks her to make a choice in True Love. Pacey's first reaction was to give her space. Dawson's ultimatum came from hurt and anger. And I understand why he was upset, but I just think he took it too far.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 09-11-2015 at 10:57 AM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

^^^I agree. First he was just going to leave, then Joey was upset about it so he gave her a chance to ask him to stay. Like he said the decison to be together or not be together was always her's so he gave her a chance to change things. It was up to her, he wasn't smothering her and trying to control her like Dawson's ultimatum did.
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Yes, And furthermore, Dawson's tried to manipulate the situation with the boat race and organizing prom for "Jack." He also wasn't clear with what he wanted from Joey. First, Dawson said that he wanted to get their friendship back and then he confessed that he wanted more after he saw her dancing with Pacey. Dawson gave me a headache.