Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Jer
Part-Time Fan

Dawson's Creek Revisited: A New Outlook

So someone thought it would be cool if I started a thread based on my own Dawson's Creek experience. For those of you who don't know who I am, I am a new watcher. About a month ago I just started to watch and I am currently on the beginning of season 2.

Someone suggested that I make a thread and give my thoughts as I watch the episodes for the first time. So I figured, why not. I will update this post as I get new episodes to watch. And Im just starting off with season 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S2 EP03 -

Wow, what a sad episode this was. To be honest, even though I don't like Jen, I feel sorry for her. It has to be hard to know that someone you love so much is so close to you yet so far away. As for Dawson, this new Jen situation I think has brought him back to his old ways in the beginning of season 1. It's really not a bad thing, but at the same time it's hurtful. Only if he could realize that the same thing he put Joey through is what he is now putting Jen through. And even though he might not realize it, the damage can carry. It may not be today or tomorrow, but soon it's going to all hit Joey again. However Joey I don't think is as strong as she lets everyone think. She will stick with Dawson until she finds someone else, regardless of if it feels right. This means that their will be a lot of frustration going on between them, and it might put Dawson off some as well, no matter how much he loves her. As for Pacey, I think he really needs to find an outlet for what he feels. It seems all of his anger is being taken out on people who do actually care about him. You can tell he realizes it, but his bad days overpower his good days. But honestly, I don't think Andie is the answer. Not only does it not seem right, but she doesn't seem that stable herself. As for this Dawson's parents situation, Im lost. I understand where both partner are coming from, but the roles are starting to switch around. I felt sorry for Mitch because of what happened. Now with this wacky idea from his friend, it's as though he's returning to his own youth. To be honest, it sounds like an idea Pacey would come up with 10 to 15 years later. But part of me hopes they work it out. But if it's not possible, I hope she dumps him off before he dumps her. To end off the thoughts on this episode, there is Jack. He is llike the show's mystery man. He seems like a nice quiet guy, but something is hapening there. Either he is really lonely or something has gone wrong. Even in episode 2 he seemed to hide in a corner.

S2 EP04 -

So I was right on the Dawson and Joey thing. The only thing is, I didn't expect it to happen so soon. And with Jack and all, it's nothing but the worst timing. Im actually kinda shocked at how Dawson played it out. When Joey and Jack were at the art convention, Dawson thought nothing of it. I find two things wrong with that. One, I had no clue Dawson and Jack already knew each other enough to just let each other pass by. And with Dawson and Joey going out..it didn't seem right for him to not even ask who he is. And second, Dawson is not that confident with himself that he thinks no one can touch Joey or try to take her away from him. Look at how he reacted in season 1 episodes. There is something going on there too. And if it continues maybe his top will blow before Joey's. Except Dawson would never leave her. It's cool to see Joey found something else to hold onto though, she deserves it. I just don't really see it lasting. She isn't like Dawson to where she can grasp onto things like that. I guess in the future if Joey and Jack date, once they break up the art will fade. As for Pacey, it was a big step for him to just let go. And I have to admit that it was a much better ending to have them go away like that. For a minute I thought Mitch and Tamara were going to get together. Now that would have been crazy. And I would like to take the time out to say how much Andie and Abby are annoying me. Besides to hurt Jen, why is Abby even there? I mean this is the second episode in a row that Jen has gotten screwed. And Jen won't be able to move on or start a life until she gets off her back. Pacey and Andie..it won't last...

S2 EP05 -

This was a wild episode and most likely one of the best. I didn't think much of Abby's guy friend because I wasn't so sure Jen would fall for him. But in mid episode I knew she was in trouble. And for once I have to stand up for Grams. I really don't like her much, but she knew what was going on. Jen claims she would have had it under control, but it looked anything but that. Who knows, that guy could have easily raped her if Grams didn't show up. Sure, she told him she was 16 first, but he still stay on top of her. As for Abby, for some reason I thinking she won't believe Jen when she tells her. Afterall, Abby seems to be only a mirron of what Jen used to be. And after this episode I hope Jen thinks long about all this. She's not stupid, she knows she made a mistake. Andie had me wondering all through the episode about her house. But when I found out, I just didn't know what to think. I swear, every family in Capeside is screwed up. And while I feel sorry for her and Jack now, they fit right into the setting. Im guessing that this means we will be seeing a lot more of them in the future. As for Jack, this might be what I was trying to figure out on the last few episodes. Something was up, and that might have been it. However Im confused with the whole Jack/Joey thing. Joey seems to like Jack, but I was shocked that he went after her. He doesn't seem like the guy to take risks. And with this whole family situation and Dawson, things are not looking good for him. Sure, Joey didn't say anything to Jack after the kiss, but the way she acted towards Dawson at the end shows that she's confused. But Dawson knows what's going on. He just doesn't want to let it show. See, I have this theory that Dawson's way of avoiding a problem is to just think it's not even there. He did it to Joey, he did it to Jen, he did it to his parents (until he lost it), and now Jack. He won't even recognize Jack as a person at this point. And holding it in like that is really hurting him. That's why he was crying at the end. And as you can see, Joey didn't know what to do. Jack has his family problems (which Joey doesn't know about yet), but I think Joey is thinking it all over. She knows she would never lose her friendship with Dawson. But she has to be thinking about her own life. And in some ways as wrong as it is to leave him because of it, his problems can bring down her own life. It's so sad because a lot of this stuff isn't Dawson's fault, but it might cause him to lose everything. But my hero of the day award has to go to Pacey. Not only did he stand up for something right (which he never does), but he actually had a heart. And for some odd reason I believe him when he says he won't spread word around about Andie. Finally, the whole Mitch and Gale situation. I honestly don't know who's side to take on this one now. It's all too much, and if Dawson did stand up and say something it would still be going on.

S2 EP06 -

Two crazy episodes in a row. And first I have to say, this show is way too intense to be revolved around a group of 15 year olds in a small town. There is more heartbreak and depression here to take down the whole town. But before I get into all that, lets look at Pacey. Just as I thought he was getting better, he goes and does something stupid. I understand that he wanted to make Christy feel better, but he didn't keep in mind the current situation. After Andie poured out her heart and showed how much she cares about him, he still didn't think of her. And in the end she was too mindless and forgave him that same night. As for Mitch and Gale, Im still confused. I look on the surface and think that it's all Mitch's fault, but then I remember that if it wasn't for Gale's affair, this wouldn't be happening. Im annoyed by their lack of paying attention to Dawson (as in ep05). And because of that Dawson's top blew off. We actually see it twice in one episode. Once when he punches Jack and again when he throws stuff around on his desk. And also as I said, Joey did realize that it is about her and how she needs to find herself. Is this relationship over?...I think not. As I said before, Dawson won't ever left her go. She needs to break it off fully herself. And Dawson will do anything to try to keep her with him. Afterall he needs her. Without her, what does he have left but dreams? His parents split up, his friendship with Pacey isn't what it used to be, and I don't think Andie and Jack will be quick to be friends with him. It's funny how Joey wants out of the relationship because she feels she relys on him too much, but at the same time that reliance is what Dawson needs. It's really sad when you think about it. And in the end we all know that relationship or friendship they will always rely on each other, unless they physically slip up and move to different states or something. I like how Jen and Jack paired up. They seem to be looking for the same thing. Not only love, but a love they can't fully have. The only thing is, Jen didn't have anyone to help her out. She had Dawson and lost him. Jack though has Jen on his side. And while he can't be with her now. Once Joey fully breaks off with Dawson, they will be together. And actually, it would make a great relationship. But I also feel that the personalities will clash. Joey speaks her mind. On the other hand Jack is quiet and seems to hold a lot in. This could cause problem in the future. But I will leave it at that. The only thing I am unsure about is how Dawson will approach Jack. Or will he just ignore the situation like he always does?

S2 EP07 -

This episode shows what I was talking about with Joey. She isn't as strong as she leads us to believe. And she tries to seperate herself from Dawson through appearance. Anyone ever noticed how for this episode she changed her hair? And right after the breakup Jen did the same thing. The only difference is Joey will go back since they talked and worked most of the problems out. But Jen and Dawson never did work things out. So she kept her new appearance in hopes that she can keep herself seperated without talking. Besides, she seems to still have a slight thing for him. Even the guys do this stuff. After Pacey's breakup with Tamara he went on to frost his hair. His reason was to attract other girls, once again setting himself apart. But once he met Andie he changed back again. This is because he moved on. Just like Joey seems to have moved on. But still Jen keeps her feelings inside. No Jack, Abby, or Mitch in this episode which makes me think that everyone is taking a page out of Dawson's book. Just ignore the problem until it goes away. But the thing is the problems don't go away. We have seen this is much with Joey that she is confused about who she even is. One minute she wants to be good friends with Dawson, but the next she needs complete space. Im just hoping one finds their way soon because two confused people cannot help out each other. And they rely too much on each other to give up. But I liked how this episode showed the difference between the two. Joey is bitter, but at the same time positive and real. And while Dawson is also real, he doesn't think aboiut what he is saying. If he has something to say he either keeps it in or just rants it out. And every time he rants it out he gets in trouble. For me this is an issue. Joey rants out harsh stuff all the time, but no one notices. They just pass it off as "that's just Joey". But when Dawson does it everyone makes a big deal. Im sure that has to be very confusing and hurtful to him. And while he never noticed what he was doing to Jen and Joey back in season 1 (and part of 2), they don't notice what they are doing to him. I just hope he finds someone quickly because if not he might become a lost cause that it's really a lost cause (if you know what I mean). I don't like that new guy that Jen is with. He seems to be really nice around her, but not around everyone else. If anything I don't think Jen can do anything about it. And if Dawson says anything he will be labelled as the bad guy. Joey will never say anything. Because of her history with Jen she seems to stay out of Jen's problems. So the only one that can truely set him straight is Pacey. But I don't think he will do that. No real word on Andie here because I understand her point. At that early of an age it has to be a shock that your boyfriend was with a teacher.

S2 EP08 -

I think this was a big episode for Dawson. And it doesn't matter what side of the fence you stand on. For the more anti Dawson fans, it shows that regardless to what is going on, he is noticing that his life isn't a movie. And on top of that, life doesn't end like movies do. But for all of the Dawson fans it shows a point that I have been trying to get at since day one. Dawson is a complex guy. He is most likely the most complex of the whole group. And along with that comes confusion. Not only confusion on his part, but confusion on the people that know him. Pacey is totally disconnected with Dawson, Joey is confused about their so called relationship/friendship, Jen is confused by him being in a different world, and even his parents don't get where he is coming from. On the surface he sounds selfish, but deep down he is misunderstood. And while this can be argued back and back, I think that is what this episode is about. Showing he is one of the good guys, showing he is just always misunderstood. As for Jen, the story just keeps getting more depressing. And my thoughts on Chris were right. He isn't this great guy he tells her about. But she keeps slipping into everything, and he knows this. That is why this time he brought his friends. She is an easy target and needs someone to always look out for her. And who is better at that than Dawson, right? So he steps in and does his thing. I found it kind of cool what Pacey did with Andie's mom. And in some ways he is slowly getting better. The only thing is he needs to break away. He seems like he needs to get out of Capeside to be who he really is. Because back there he has so much setting him back. Family, friends, school, etc. In the outside world all he would have is himself, and he can deal with that. A chace to really start over. I guess a chance to in some ways start his life.

S2 EP09 -

So I think this episode was a good break from everything that was going on. It isn't as much of a confusion episode. I thought the thing between Dawson and Jen was interesting. And while I know Dawson ment well with that kiss, Im just not so sure they will ever get back together. And it really is starting to remind me of a possible Dawson/Joey situation. It's really funny though because the episode hints that too. The friendship, the sudden but not full love affairs, and even the crying on the shoulder. Mitch and Gale are really starting to get annoying. And Dawson I think over time will not learn to really deal with it, but instead just want nothing to do with it. Which is really sad because it will damage his relationship with his parents, but at the same it might help him to move on with his life. After this episode I think I have more respect for the Pacey/Andie thing going on, but it still seems rocky. Not because they are a bad couple, but because both of them can self distruct at any moment. And in the end I think they are going to hurt each other, but more than Dawson and Joey did. As for Abby, I don't really know what to think of her. She is so much of surface value that I think we are ment to hate her. She is one of those characters that just pops up to start trouble. And Im assuming we won't see her for another few episodes until the new situation comes up. I just hope Jen is passed her and that stuff.

S2 EP10 -

So this was the first to be continued episode and good thing it was. At the end I was getting kinda confused about if Joey and Jack and all that jazz. But I kinda hope not. They are an okay couple, but I always thought it would be Dawson and Joey with their first times. And Im not really sure about with Andie. But I do have a bit more respect for Pacey after what he did. He knew that she has been more unstable.. But there is just something about him where I can't believe him. Maybe it's because Im more of a Dawson/Joey fan. I was shocked at the Dawson/Jen thing, but I really hope nothing happens there. Only thing I really didn't like about this episode was the wholew script thing. I know it is a cool angle to play, but it seemed more of the episode was revolved around that. As with before I liked it as a side project I do thing that this whole thing with Jen will flip the script differently, but that's about it. In the end I think Joey will put a stop to the moment just like Pacey did. It seems she is very unsure about the relationship with Jack. And when will Jack and Dawson run into each other again?

S2 EP11 -

So I guess all the questions from the last episode were answered. And I have to say, they tricked me. It wasn't until the end that I realized that Joey and Jack didn't do much of anything. But I have to say, that scene with Jack and Jen was interesting. And it just makes me feel like something else is goping on there with Jack. Whatever it is I don't think he knows yet. But it is another one of those Capeside issues that are set aside. I don't think we will ever know until something major comes up. While I hoped that nothing happened between Dawson and Jen, I had a good feeling that he wouldn't go through with it. And him telling people that they did just doesn't seem like him. Maybe his whole thing with Jen telling him to act like he is 15 is starting to rub onto him. Because I know if the same situation happened with Joey, he would never do that. And then there is Andie who is confused as is, but now she confused what Pacey said in the note and what he ment. I clearly understood it, but she is the type of person that gets caught up in the moment. Which is all kind of odd because Pacey does the same thing a lot of times. Maybe that is why they make a good couple. Then Abby...I so hope this all comes back to her. She has been such a jerk to everyone, and I just don't see why. And to be honest, Im not sure we will ever know.

S2 EP12 -

This was a neat episode because I was able to see many things here. First, I was able to see who Pacey's father really is. It was kinda cool how they worked in the whole darts thing. But it was the scene towards the end that made me think. Pacey gets caught up in things because he in some ways is forced to. I said before that he has no outlet and needs to find something, and now I know people are just that. He talks, but no one really listens. While I can't remember as much of it in season one, there has been a good amount of it in season two. First with the whole Pacey birthday thing and Kristy to now his dad. But once he talked to Dawson at the end, things seemed better. And I think that might be something else to add to the list of why Pacey and Andie work together. They both don't come from strong backgrounds, but in the same sense they are fighters. As for Joey, I think Jen said it all. Joey is insecure and as I said before, not as strong as she lets people believe. But I think this get together between the girls could either help or hurt future situations. It could be brought up in a negitive way, or they can build off of it as friends. It was also neat to see Dawson and Jack interact. And in some ways as crazy as it sounds, I like Jack. He might stumble at everything he does, but he is real. He keeps his issues mostly to himself which is bad, but he only takes part in drama when he is pulled into it. I finally saw what Abby is trying to do, but Im not bying it. I just can't see her as this great person. And as I said before and she said, she is the person that everyone loves to hate. But what really got me thinking was with Mitch. Once Dawson really made a connection with him he takes that extra step. This time it was almost walking back in the house. And by noticing that both Mitch and Dawson are back where they started. But I have to say, that moment between Gale and Joey, it's just one more reason why Dawson and Joey should be together.

S2 EP13 -

So this proved that Pacey is back in jerk mode. I know that he cares about Andie, but he needs to just back off everyone once in awhile. Not only for her, but to see for himself what he is doing. I don't blame Joey for going off on Dawson, but how does she have room to talk? Dawson never really complained about her painting. I kinda like Ty and Devon. I think that Jen could have something going on with Ty, and who knows, maybe Dawson and Devon. My only thing with that is how upset Joey would get if Dawson dated Devon. And in order to save the friendship, Dawson wouldn't risk it. As for Jen and Ty, it would be cool, but Im sure she was put off by all the bible stidy stuff.I don't understand how so suddenly Jack isn't as destracted as usual, but maybe he has something up his sleeve.

S2 EP14 -

So this episode was interesting. I never really got the gay vibe with Jack, but I do know that something is going on there, and this might be it. I don't believe a word he says about not being gay. He claims that he sat down and just thought up the idea of a guy and it hit a nerve when reading, but my problem is before he read it, it wasn't a straight forward gsy poem. So my question would be, why did he beg the teacher for him not to read it? If what he says is true then that would have never happened. Im starting to understand more about Andie. She iis like the more distructive version of Pacey, and maybe that's why they go together so well. I just worry that someday they will both go off the end at the same time which would end the relationship. Only other question Im left with is, I sure hope Jack's dad doesn't find out about all this...

S2 EP15 -

So I actually didn't expect for Jack's dad to show up, but it was kinda neat that he did. And I guess he is just as big of a jerk as I thought. I wonder if this will all send us into a new Dawson/Joey argument. He still has a slight thing for her and I think she is slightly realizing that she has a thing for him. But out of all this I just hope that they don't decide to phase out Jack. It would be interesting to see him find someone. I still think that Ty and Jen are good for each other, but that is still up in the air. And what happened to bitchy Abby?

S2 EP16 -

(I find it odd how once I point things out that they happen the next episodes. I swear I never watched this show before. Just really creepy.)

This episode has to be one of the funniest things I have seen so far. Dawson and Andie getting drunk was classic. And the surprise party stuff was even more of that. I mean, Jack and Abby? I was confused there for a moment. But then I realized that maybe he is just trying to be himself. Sure, Jack being himself means that he is gay, but it also means that he is everything he was before he said he was gay. And each of these characters seem to be struggling with that here. Dawson was with Joey, now that they moved on he still wants Joey. With all possible fate aside, that’s what he knew before the relationship, during the relationship, and now after the relationship. And as Dawson said that morning of his birthday, it is nice to have some routine or tradition. He doesn’t want to lose Joey not only because he loves her, but because that is the only thing he knows. Like I said about Jack, he might be gay but he is already used to being with Joey. And them there is Ty. He is going through the same thing with his values. Even the adults like Gale and Mitch are dealing with it. But for them it is the mistakes in a marriage pulled into the present. But don”t think that this leaves Jen out of the picture. She might have switched her life around, but in this episode she is faced with the confusion of who she once was and who she wants to be now. And Pacey...he is all over the place.

S2 EP17 -

While the last episode was an episode of confusion, this is an episode of lonliness. Joey feels lonely because she isn’t sure where she is supposed to be in her life. She wants to be an artist, but she isn’t sure how long she can go without being close to Dawson. Besides that she doesn’t even seem to have Jack on her side anymore. When they were dating they were one, but now she has to switch back from role as girlfriend to role as friend. And that puts her off because she had to do the same thing with Dawson. Dawson however is having similar problems. He feels for Joey, but at the same time knows his place. He knows that his heart is in film. But when his film teacher is honest with him he questions everything. But Dawson is a fighter. He might not be strong but he is a fighter. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he decided to ask this teacher for help (future director?). Andie feels alone when she knows that no matter how sweet Pacey becomes, he can never help her with her problems. And because of that Pacey seems to feel alone as well. But of all things I think jack is clearly represented here. He is not only unsure of his sexuality, but also himself. It seemed that he didn’t even thing twice about talking to that new guy (who I don’t like). So it makes me wonder if he ever will be open enough to go after someone. As for Joey’s dad coming back, maybe it’s a good thing. It should give her a new outlook. And maybe even bring her back to Dawson.

S2 EP18 -

O.M.G ABBY!!!! O.M.G DAWSON/JOEY!!! This was crazy. I never expected anything like that to happen to her. Sure, I knew something bad would happen, but I never thought that she would be dead. And all this will do is send Jen into a spiral. Of course Grams will press her values on her, and that will not only make her feel worse, but question her own life. Maybe, just maybe. This was the event that will turn Jen’s life around. On the other note, it is great to see Dawson and Joey back together. They need each other. Dawson is the only one that can make her fully comfortable and Joey is the only one that can keep Dawson’s interest. At the same time I am seeing the opposite with Pacey and Andie. They are great together, but I see a spark of distruction in both of them in this episode. And if this continues then the spark will get bigger and bigger until they both burst, and break up. Mitch is back, and with Dawson’s film teacher (ouch). At this point I don’t think he wants Gale back. But I think a situation similar to Dawson and Joey’s will occur to make him realize how much he relies on his family. Not sure that they will fully get back together, but another Mitch/Gale fling will happen.

S2 EP19 -

So I honestly don't have much to say about this episode. I felt as though it had no real substance to add to the show. That is with the whole Jen/Grams fight aside. I really don't believe her, well atleast for Jen's sake I don"t. Because this is supposed to be a time of reflection. And instead if she really kicks her out, her life will spiral down even worse. Poor Jen...

S2 EP20 -

WOW, this was intense.. And I can't believe I didn't see this coming with Andie. It was right in the open too. Either way I have to give Pacey credit for sticking it through. But I guess the psychic was right when she told Andie that the worst was still to come. And after all this, who knows what might be next. I mean if her parents were to die or something, that would really bad. But to be honest, when she locked herself in the bathroom the first thing I thought was a suicide attempt. I think that is the only teenage card that hasn't been played in this show yet. And the only other person I can see attempting it is Jack. I think that Gale needs to talk more with Joey, not Jen. Because I swear this Gale/Mitch thing is a repeat of the Dawson/Joey thing in the beginning. Speaking of Joey, she seems one the edge here. And I think Dawson needs to pull something off or he will lose her again. She seems happy with him at the end of the episode, but before that she seemed tense.

S2 EP21 -

So if this was in the beginning of the season I would be so happy, getting rid of Abby and Andie. But really Andie has grown on me, and I like the darker hair. But I respecty both choices. I stand by Pacey with standing up to her dad, but I understand why she did it. As annoying as she might seem, she isn't dumb. And she knows she will end up like her mom if she stays, with or without Pacey. And to be honest, she would never allow it. While she seems immature on the surface, she is independent. I mean anyone who can get Pacey fully motivated is something. I like this whole Dawson/Joey thing, but with just a few words he might have ended it. When he saw her dad at the end and told her nothing was wrong, he screwed up. Joey doesn't like people keeping things from her. And in the end she is going to burst, because afterall Dawson isn't good at keeping things from her. I say within the next two episodes he will spill it to her. It's nice to see Jack was strong enough to stay. Maybe this will give him and Dawson time to work together as friends. They might find out they have more in common than they think. As for Jen living with him... just seems strange.

S2 EP22 -

So I have to admit that these finales get to me. I think I cried twice during the season one finale, and I couldn't help it during the end of this one. Dawson really did screw up. And while I see the tough choice he had to make, I just can't fully stick up for him here. I know that he knew it would hurt her even more if he kept it from her. Just think, if he didn't the family wouldn't be left in ruin. Sure, her dad would be back in jail, but the Icehouse wouldn't be gone. And at this point, what does the family have left? I agree with Joey when she said it will be hard to forgive him, but I just don't think she would forgive her father before Dawson. Dawson is something real to her, like it or not. At this point her dad id just as much in her life as Jack's dad is in his. So in some ways, she will come around. I can't believe that Andie would talk to Pacey's dad, but no Pacey. Maybe she is scared to show herself like this in front of Pacey. But either way I think it is going to hurt any chance at a future relationship. For some reason I can't see Gale staying long in Philly. Mitch has her at his command regardless of how much he is moving on (or in my opinion not). What's in the future? Well for one we have Joey putting all of her guilt on Dawson. Pacey trying to regain Andie when it's over. And Joey giving some BS about how she needs to find her non gray areas in her life.

S3 EP01 -

I kinda felt as though they were forcing a totally different show on me. Not really a bad show, but a different one. In this episode I think the only character that didn't go through a huge change is Jack. There is no way Jen would have signed up for the cheerleading team just to talk bad about people. Sure she would stick up for herself, but I never saw her wanting to go out of her way to do so. Dawson lies throughout this whole episode by acting and saying he doesn't want Joey back. Sure he was right when he said it would be the same thing over and over, but look at the changes. As much as she has changed, so has he. So maybe now it would work out better than before. But the party is where I think it went over the top. There is no way that Dawson would have really done that. However I have to say that when he turned down the girl when Mitch came home was a proud moment. That's when I realized that they still kept parts of the old Dawson. Parts that are respectable to people like me. And I am sure you guys are wondering what I thought of the Dawson/Joey bedroom scene. And actually Im going with Dawson on this one. I don't see how Joey can assume so much about him when she really knows him. That just showed a new Joey personality issue. She let her anger take over her feelings and judgement. Because I don't see how this could have been misread. I don't know of any 17 year old that wouldn't be confused if 2 beautiful girls wanted to be with him. And to be honest, if Dawson said he wanted to date them both and play it out, I would have shut off the episode. They have me on the edge here to where it is over the top, but at the same time believable. My only question about this situation is, what the hell happened that summer? As for the ending, Im just confused. Dawson from season 1 or 2 would never have told Pacey to go check on Joey. Instead he would leave everything behind for her. And Pacey's comment about Dawson and Joey needing space, I don't get it. Pacey never fully got himself involved in Dawson's love situations. Now he thinks that he needs to take charge. In my book that's a jerk move. So this should be interesting, but I hope they bring the old Dawson back.

S3 EP02 -

So I am just going to get this off my mind first. Pacey was totally out of line for walking out on Andie. I hate the fact that Andie was forced to deal with the fact that he slept many times with a teacher (which had no meaning besides sex), but she got caught up in something real and got involved once, and that is unforgetable. I just don't get how one is and one isn't. Because we all know we would be having a totally different conversation if Andie dumped him way back then. And at this point I think she deserves better. There were so many times that he has stepped on her feelings and she let it go that clearly he should be able to accept this. So moving on... Im starting to really not like Eve. In this episode they brought back a lot of who Dawson is and I think the only think that's keeping him from being himself again is her. I just don't think it's fair to him. Of course she can't realize this because it is a teenage inner struggle. But I just think she is hurting more than helping. And while I liked that Dawson/Joey scene at the end, the whole "I wonder if everyone has a Dawson/Joey" is the worst lines I ever saw on TV. As characters you never talk about the audience. This takes away from any sense of reality. We know it is a TV show, but when you use lines like that it keeps that distance. For me shows like this I like seeing through a realistic point of view. I want to see this as Dawson and Joey, not two peopple playing Dawson and Joey. And to end this out I like to make a comment about how good Jen and Andie look in season 3. I love Jen's hair and normally I don't like short hair on girls.

S3 EP03 -

Im all about what happened here. Dawson told Pacey how things are, and while I think he regrets it now, he was right. I don't see Pacey's claim of what it had to do with Joey, but I guess that was his assumption. Just like Dawson thought he had the test. But with that aside it is nice to see Dawson stick up for Andie. I also loved how Dawson sent Eve on her way, but I have a feeling she will be back. Jack's new position seems odd. I agree with Jen that he might meet someone that way, but still. I find it just as over the top as Jen's cheerleading. In a way I expected Andie to be the one with the test because she is always feeling stressed out. Was it right of her, no, but then again I don't see the big harm. I find it funny how Andie moved on and Pacey claims that he has been over her for the longest time, but now he acts like he lost his soul mate. Im not giving him credit here because I still think he made the dumb move of breaking up with her.

S3 EP04 -

I don't have much to say about this episode. Im glad that Dawson is back to himself with Eve gone. And I have to say, that home video thing was cool. And in the end I think it got to Joey. I am not sure if it will get to her enough to go back with Dawson. But I think it's nice that she is realizing what she did.

S3 EP05 -

So the whole Grams and Dawson thing flew over my head. I really didn't get where it was coming from. They dropped it on you so quickly at the end and I was confused. I just found that Jack and Jen argument a bit lacking. It was as though they are good friends, but something seemed missing. Either they just threw that in the episode as filler, or it is set up for a much bigger issue. I feel sorry for Henry though. He seems like a nice guy, but he just doesn't know what to do. And I didn't get why Jen was so upset at him. But Im starting to like her a lot more than I did in season 1.

S3 EP06 -

This has to be the best episode of season 3 so far. I thought it was neat how they are starting to carry out the Andie/Pacey thing. It is really sad though. I think Andie is really being honest here, but Pacey isn't giving either of them anything to work with. And because of that this will go on for awhile. Joey shows her first signs of wanting to be with Pacey, and this is a really bad time for it. With this whole thing wide open, it might lead Pacey to have to choose betweren the two. And they even dip into the whole true love idea. So it makes you wonder, what really is true love? Is it Pacey and Joey who will end up together, but break apart, or Pacey and Andie who might have broken apart, but are still good friends?

S3 EP07 -

I found it interesting that the roles between Dawson and Joey were reversed here. And clearly I didn't understand why and how. I know some things are just random, so this might have been one of them. I didn't get why Joey was so upset. It was her words that broke them apart, and it was her moods that kept them apart right after the summer. It just seems that she is this smart sweet girl, who at the same time is so dumb. And for once Im starting to see how she doesn't fully recognize Dawson rather than the usual, Dawson doesn't recognize Joey. I think this would be the second time for that. The first being when Joey started her art in season 2. I found the Jen/Pacey thing to be funny. I think they would make a really bad couple. Because Pacey would make Jen feel like crap even when he doesn't realize he is doing so. Andie is somewhat back to her older jumpy ways, but I can't help to like her more than I did before. Both Andie and Jen have come a long way.. and what happened to Jack? Im also wondering what that whole thing with Eve was all about. They left you with it, but never picked up on it.

S3 EP08 -

For me this is now the best episode of season 3. I actually don't have much to say, but I wanted to clear up a few possible mess ups. I found it odd how Jen's mom told her everything., but there is no hint of actually telling her about Eve. Im not sure if we are supposed to be lead to believe she now knows or not. Because while Jen is a nice person, the way she is, she would not want to meet her. This leads to her not talking about the issue. Why did they not show Dawson's parents telling him the divorce is final? I would think it would be important to show since it signals a big turn in Dawson's life. And lastly, why was Andie there at the end? I can see Pacey not going back home to spend time with family, but judging by Andies past behavior when it comes to family issues, she would have went home.

S3 EP09 -

This episode was another moment where Joey shows she has a thing for Pacey. I understand that you are trying to look out for friends, but she took it over the top. I am also against anything that is Pacey and Jen, but she over reacted and it made things even more confusing. You can still see that slight spatk between Dawson and Joey, but I am unsure what to think of it at this point. As for Jack, at this point it is a lost cause. I understand why he didn't meet the guy, but I also don't get how he can be so open, but not open at all. He might not walk around and tell everyone he is gay, but he makes it known in some way. Because of this situation Im thinking that we might never see him with someone, and if we do it won't be until he is in college (if the show reaches that point).

S3 EP10 -

Wow, another solid episode. I didn't expect the whole college visit thing, but I think it started some new stuff. Giving Dawson a true rival might not have been the smartest thing. Because along with this he will crash and burn. He can slightly handle rejection, but I don't think he can handle someone beating him at his own game, and that is what this is. The only good I can see coming from it is that it will push him to be more like the person he wants to be. The AJ character is interesting, but it just reminds me of the whole Jen/Pacey situation. I think they would make great friends, but I don't see a great couple from them. It's nice to see that Andie is a lot more on track these days, because I like her. And why did Jack go to the bar? You could tell right away that it's not his place. But I guess the college experience worked for him too. On the surface I could assume that Jack and Ethan will have a thing going on, but I just don't see it. I see it as someone who can lend him a hand in finding someone. Someone who can make him comfortable with who he is first.

S3 EP11 -

So with the divorce becoming more of a reality, Dawson tries to find something with meaning to fill its place. He tries to do that by gaining more control over his filming, but Nikki was there to put him back in his place. I think that is what caused the whole room change. And while Joey thinks he sold out, I don't find her to be much better. While Dawson semed to be the one that needed Joey, he seems to be doing fine without anyone. Now it is Joey who needs to fill her life with what was Dawson, except she can't because she has nothing. She had her art, but it seems she gave that up once Jack broke up with her, and AJ is nowhere to be found. So while Dawson is moving ahead to try to find himself, Joey is on the crossroads to figuring out if she wants to find herself. And because she didn't know, that might have been what caused her to lash out and bring up past situations. Im not so sure that I fully believe Jen at the end of this episode. The most logical thing is that Jen wants to take the next step, but Henry wants to take the next 4 steps, and she wouldn't go for that. With Ethan and Jack, I clearly saw that coming. Ethan might actually like Jack, but he is only there to get Jack thinking. Not only to make sure that he actually is gay, but that he is comfortable and accepting of who he is and people like himself. And because of the Bar situation I think Jack thought Ethan wanted to take the extra step, but Ethan not going after it shows that Jack clearly isn't ready. Andie is still trying to get over Pacey, and surprisingly I think Pacey fully realized that and is trying to help. But really this play might show a reverse effect. Andie got Pacey on track in season 2, and maybe if Pacey stands up for Andie here, he might get to pick her up. And that would show that at the least they are still good friends. And for a final note on Nikki, she is only there to get Dawson thinking, and that's not always a good thing.

S3 EP12 -

I really don't have much to say about this one. I think it was a cool idea to have them all come together for this, and it was neat to see the boyfriend come back after the argument Joey had. I liked how Dawson reacted to Mitch and Gale because clearly that situation would be kind of confusing. And in some ways I think they need to settle a boundary for the sake of Dawson. That scene at the end with all of them preparing breakfast for Joey was pure magic. Most likely one of the best scenes so far.

Last edited by Jer; 06-11-2005 at 07:22 PM Reason: Updated
Old 04-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this Jer - You've no idea how interesting it is reading your thoughts as someone who's watched all episodes many times and rehashed them to death here
Won't comment too much on your thoughts as I don't want to hint at storylines to come but I do love the insight you have into the characters I will check in regularly.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeahhh Jer you took my advice This is so exciting! I will definitely be checking this daily! And like Deb said, I would love to comment, but I don't want to give anything away either. But from your post, which was very insightful, you seem very intuitive.

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 04-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Passionate Fan

It's interesting to read your thoughts on the show, as I think so many of us have watched the episodes so many times that we've gotten a little cynical and overanalytical because we know how it all plays out. I look forward to reading your future posts.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Jer
Part-Time Fan

It would be cool to see what you guys think. Is it possible without giving spoilers?

EP 04 added
Old 04-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Jer, I love reading your thoughts as you watch the episodes. I think you've got great insight.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Jer
Part-Time Fan

This show would be great if it went by real time. Then I would be able to see them in college in season 4. It would totally change things.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Loyal Fan

It is really interesting reading your thoughts Jer, and how your opinions change. Are you spoiled about anything???
Old 04-21-2005, 12:46 AM
Jer
Part-Time Fan

Only thing I am spoiled about is that Pacey and Joey have a thing later on. No clue about it or anything, I just know it hapens. Its all people talk about...
Old 04-21-2005, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer
Only thing I am spoiled about is that Pacey and Joey have a thing later on. No clue about it or anything, I just know it hapens. Its all people talk about...
At least you don't know how it happens. I think it's great that you're trying to remain unspoiled. That takes will power.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Jer
Part-Time Fan

Ohh and I want to know why they set the finale for 5 years later. They should have left it as "years later" so that it seem like the show never ended. But don't tell me what happens.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And I would like to take the time out to say how much Andie and Abby are annoying me.
LOL Jer!!! "Time out"...thats great, I love it

Pacey and Joey

Old 04-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Jer
Part-Time Fan

I swear they would make great sisters. When Im watching I honestly get the two confused.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Cuz of the whiney voices?

Jer are you DLing all the episodes or did you buy them on dvd?

Pacey and Joey

Old 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Jer
Part-Time Fan

No, I didn't want to buy it because one, I don't have that kind of money to throw away. With all 4 seasons (plus 5 is coming out soon), thats a lot of money. Second, I wasn't sure if I was going to be a big fan of the show. I basically started watching because James was in it and I fell in love with his character (if it doesn't sound kinda odd for a guy to say that). Like I said, I can kinda relate to the character. Its like a younger me, but more popular and good looking.

So I am downloading them. I don't want to say where because promoting web sites are against board rules, but they are all good quality. Im saving them on DVD-R data discs, but when I get the money I want the DVDs. Plus I have seen them really cheap on ebay.

Oh, and yes..their vocies. Plus when the characters say their names it sounds very similar. At first I was telling them apart by what they were wearing.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread