Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2019, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Welcome, TheMillionDollarHote!

I'm going to move your post to the music thread and hopefully someone can help you there.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:32 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMillionDollarHotel (View Post)
It seems to be impossible to find the original broadcast episodes with the original soundtrack.

Then I stumbled upon a thread in this forum from 2015:

http://www.fanforum.com/f10/does-any...74/index2.html

Forum user "rtrompert" actually had the seasons with the original music and shared the episodes via invite / email.

Does anyone here still have the files? I'd greatly appreciate it.
PM me
Old 07-03-2019, 08:14 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds123 (View Post)
PM me
Yes! Is this still a thing??

I've been looking all over the place trying to find this
Old 07-03-2019, 08:17 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMillionDollarHotel (View Post)
It seems to be impossible to find the original broadcast episodes with the original soundtrack.

Then I stumbled upon a thread in this forum from 2015:

http://www.fanforum.com/f10/does-any...74/index2.html

Forum user "rtrompert" actually had the seasons with the original music and shared the episodes via invite / email.

Does anyone here still have the files? I'd greatly appreciate it.
Same! Watching the show again for the first time since the original run (with my wife, who is obsessed with the DVDs). It's amazing the difference the music makes. Much like The Wonder Years. I "get" why they did it. But, I don't GET why they did it!
Old 07-03-2019, 08:39 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapesideFanatic (View Post)
I was watching them on Amazon Prime, but found the episodes with the real music on the Internet thanks to some folks keeping some ancient "Collection" torrents alive...

I can't believe how much different the show is with the original music.. When about half the show is overlaid with such great tunes, The proper music fuels the nostalgia overload just as much as some of the subject matter. The alternative music tracks aren't all that bad, they're just not recognizable, so don't hit the same buttons as the originals.

Watching Prime/Netflix/DVD versions.. "Great story, nice background music..."
Watching Version w/ Original Music- "Great story, and foreground music that helps tell the story"

These "high school" characters were/are far more articulated/smarter than most of my college friends; IMHO, The fact that only a small portion of this love-story actually revolves around high school topics preserves the watch-ability of the show., even after 20 years. If it was really loaded with a bunch of high-school drama, it'd be a bit harder for this self-respecting 30something to watch.

The Joey-College kid w/ soulmate girlfriend arc was almost as ridiculous as the Eve storyline, but fortunately was over quickly and righted the course for the season.

Anyway, I just finished Season 3 and was sold on the Pacey-Joey idea pretty early on, there were a few gestures he made where the onions got me a little (renting the wall), but overall I enjoyed the season 3 finale. (It seems the Mitch-Gail wedding could have been its own episode instead of a half-assed cram-it-into-half-a-really-important episode though, especially since they spent half a season covering their divorce)

If I have any more feedback to share on the following seasons, I'll post to the appropriate topic instead of the music topic..

Cheers!
Hi there! Could you share where you found the episodes with the original music? I'm still on the lookout! Thanks so much!
Old 07-03-2019, 08:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
Dawson's Creek
Music Guide

NOTE: Two songs next to each other means the first one was on the originally aired episode and the second is the DVD replacement song.
YES! Thank you for posting this. Sooo much great music. So much nostalgia. This show epitomized its era, ESPECIALLY with the soundtrack. It's passable with the replacement music, but not quite the same as the original.

Last edited by itsruss; 07-03-2019 at 04:39 PM Reason: [it was a super long quote!]
Old 07-05-2019, 09:36 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds123 (View Post)
PM me
Hi nds123,

thank you for responding!

I just sent you a pm.

Last edited by TheMillionDollarHotel; 07-06-2019 at 12:53 AM
Old 11-01-2019, 04:54 PM
New Fan

Dawson's Original Tracks

Hi there,

Just checking to see if anyone is still on here and has some insight on finding the episodes in their original glory. I've PM'd a few people on here, but not sure if anybody is still active. If anyone can help shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

heard that Paula Cole theme song on the radio driving in the car earlier today and turned that volume way up
Old 11-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
heard that Paula Cole theme song on the radio driving in the car earlier today and turned that volume way up
I heard it on the radio at work last week, it always make me smile because it makes me think about Dawson's Creek.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that song. Always makes me think of Dawson's Creek as well.
I am an original”
Old 01-17-2020, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

just came across this recently

Old 01-18-2020, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the score to the show. I think I have the files for it saved somewhere.
I am an original”
Old 01-18-2020, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love this
Old 01-18-2020, 11:34 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I hate that it's the norm now to change the original music on any show if it's aired on TV or on DVD. It's just ridamndiculous, leave it alone. The replacements usually suck, I hate it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread