Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2024, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
Weird observations I've encountered on my *I truly lost count* rewatch.

I also didn't realize Ursula was JVDB's previous sister in law.

---

Up to 2x16 and I have to say, and I've said this before but, Be Careful What You Wish For may be one of JVDB's best episodes and really showcases his acting.

---

2x22, I get that Mr Potter inevitably is the bad guy but, I kinda understand Joey's anger towards Dawson. Kinda makes me wonder if this happened in season 4 how would Pacey have handled it?

You always catch something new on a rewatch. That's why it's a good excuse to do a rewatch.

I have no doubt that Pacey would've handled the situation with Joey's father better.
Old 05-06-2024, 04:54 AM
Elite Fan

Caught something else...

Jen and Jack's relationship grows over the summer, he lives with her and Grams and in 3x5 it points out how close they've gotten. Then, 3x8 Jen's mom is back in Capeside and Jack could truly care less to see how Jen is doing. So odd.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Caught something else...

Jen and Jack's relationship grows over the summer, he lives with her and Grams and in 3x5 it points out how close they've gotten. Then, 3x8 Jen's mom is back in Capeside and Jack could truly care less to see how Jen is doing. So odd.

Yeah, there were a lot of times where characters were inconsistent, or stories were dropped. For instance, we never hear about Eve being Jen's half-sister again after 3x08, I don't think.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Yeah, there were a lot of times where characters were inconsistent, or stories were dropped. For instance, we never hear about Eve being Jen's half-sister again after 3x08, I don't think.
Yep TBH I was okay with that one.

Jack's reticence to come out both with the online guy and in Boston at the gay club, while frustrating from a storytelling standpoint, felt REAL to me. And I appreciate it more years later watching it and I don't think anything now captures the same level of anxiety someone feels when they are newly out of the closet and having to navigate those firsts.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 05-06-2024 at 11:11 AM
Old 05-06-2024, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Even though most people hated Eve, I still hate how there wasn't a better conclusion to her being Jen's sister. I wish they had a scene about it before she left, made it a waste of time. Why bother with that if it wasn't going anywhere?
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Even though most people hated Eve, I still hate how there wasn't a better conclusion to her being Jen's sister. I wish they had a scene about it before she left, made it a waste of time. Why bother with that if it wasn't going anywhere?
I agree. They created that storyline so they could distract Dawson keeping him away from Joey knowing that the the PJo chemistry was too hard to ignore. However, they could have at least closed the loop on it some manner even if it was a brief comment later on.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:

Exactly.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

But didn't they close the loop with Jen's mom in town at Thanksgiving? I do think the writers saw the feedback and nixed her early. She ended up only in 5 episodes, too. Go figure.

kenny | credit
Old 05-07-2024, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

I don't remember much from the Thanksgiving episode (Boring and not one of my favorites) but I think Jen and her mom talked about it, but I don't remember it being that memorable. I think Jen and Eve should of had a scene about them being related before they wrote Eve off. They could of just kept Eve as someone to get Dawson's rocks off while P/J are getting closer without making her Jen's sister. The way they handled it just made it a waste of time cause it went nowhere and I bet most fans forget about it right after the episode. I don't think Eve is ever brought up again in the series or by Jen even though they're sisters. Just a dumb and pointless idea lol.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
I don't remember much from the Thanksgiving episode (Boring and not one of my favorites) but I think Jen and her mom talked about it, but I don't remember it being that memorable. I think Jen and Eve should of had a scene about them being related before they wrote Eve off. They could of just kept Eve as someone to get Dawson's rocks off while P/J are getting closer without making her Jen's sister. The way they handled it just made it a waste of time cause it went nowhere and I bet most fans forget about it right after the episode. I don't think Eve is ever brought up again in the series or by Jen even though they're sisters. Just a dumb and pointless idea lol.
Yeah, Eve didn't need a family connection if she wasn't sticking around. And it didn't really add anything to Jen's story after the episode.
Old 05-08-2024, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Eve legitimately was wiped from the lexicon and I feel like during a drunken rant, they could've been like "remember Eve?"

My rewatch has me on 4x4 and that Storm episode while the techniques look very dated I remember was super ahead of its time -- at the time. With the CGI. I also sorry, do not love Pacey's buzzcut. Did Josh film a movie where he needed one?

James does not look like a teenager this season, too.

--

4x6 Why would Dawson's parents buy their own "Congratulations!" balloons when they decided to keep the baby and not tell their son?

4x8 The Unusual Suspects is one of the oddest episodes. Like, what was truly happening in the writer's room? Although, Drew saying to Doug "let's man dance" was pure comedy.

4x10 Dawson's framed photo of PJ gift to Joey for Xmas is truly quite a mature moment for him. S4 as a whole is a very evolved Dawson (mostly).

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 05-10-2024 at 02:57 PM
Old 05-11-2024, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, Eve didn't need a family connection if she wasn't sticking around. And it didn't really add anything to Jen's story after the episode.
I totally agree with that.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Eve legitimately was wiped from the lexicon and I feel like during a drunken rant, they could've been like "remember Eve?"

My rewatch has me on 4x4 and that Storm episode while the techniques look very dated I remember was super ahead of its time -- at the time. With the CGI. I also sorry, do not love Pacey's buzzcut. Did Josh film a movie where he needed one?

James does not look like a teenager this season, too.

--

4x6 Why would Dawson's parents buy their own "Congratulations!" balloons when they decided to keep the baby and not tell their son?

4x8 The Unusual Suspects is one of the oddest episodes. Like, what was truly happening in the writer's room? Although, Drew saying to Doug "let's man dance" was pure comedy.

4x10 Dawson's framed photo of PJ gift to Joey for Xmas is truly quite a mature moment for him. S4 as a whole is a very evolved Dawson (mostly).
The Buzz cut was totally a Josh thing. He did it as a bit of a protest for the backlash that Kerri Russell for cutting her hair while still filming Felicity. The Network tried to control how actors looked and Josh was having none of it. I applaud him for that and love him even more for the way he supports his friends.

Just showed up on Twitter

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

It's still ridiculous to me how nuclear everyone went over KR cutting her hair and most people stopped watching that show. People change their hair on TV shows all the time and I don't recall it ever affecting viewership. Completely crazy, WTF?
Old 05-15-2024, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
The Buzz cut was totally a Josh thing. He did it as a bit of a protest for the backlash that Kerri Russell for cutting her hair while still filming Felicity. The Network tried to control how actors looked and Josh was having none of it. I applaud him for that and love him even more for the way he supports his friends.

Just showed up on Twitter

OMG that's wild. I love that!!!

kenny | credit
Reply   Post New Thread