Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Come on guys.. let be honest now?

I fully admit that Dawsons Creek, when I got hooked on it in Season 3, I became a complete obssessive fan. I mean I would come on the boards, search through countless DC websites, try to download any videos I could find, and yes read and memorize some unforgettable quotes/scenes. But now that the show is over and I am much older, graduating high school in june, I realize how odd I got so fixiated on a teen soap. BUT do not get me wrong... I enjoyed it soo much and I still do just not like before. For example yesterday I was bored so I popped in the season one DVD and watched the breakfast club episode and I realized how cheesy yet funny this show was.

MY true question is I guess..How do you feel about this show now? Now that it is over and now that you are older? Any relfections or thoughts?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. AGAIN ..NO REGRETS for my past/present/future lover for this show. I have never been and probably will never be as obssessed with a TV show as I was with Dawsons Creek.

Toda mi pinche Vida.

Java Junkie-PJ True Love- S/V shipper-NEM-Spuffy
Beverly Hills 90210- Brandon n Dylan
Old 04-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Extreme Fan

I looooove Dawson's Creek and will forever love this show. And like you said TVfreak_mexi , I don't think I will ever be obsessed with a tv show as I was with Dawson's Creek. But looking back on Season 1 in particularly, I find it funny that I got so hooked on this show because some parts were really cheesy. But when Dawson's Creek aired, I was their age, so to me I thought stuff like that could really happen and people really did act that way. But at the same time, I wouldn't change anything from that first season because that's where it all started and you have to show your respects. Other things from watching the show now is I've grown to love the character of Jen Lindley. She really was an amazing character and Michelle did such a wonderful job in portraying her. And finally, I think Dawson's Creek will always be a show that other shows can't quite touch. There's just an innocence about it. And I feel that the characters can never be replaced because there will never be another Pacey, Joey, Jen, Jack or even another Dawson. Compared to other shows, the audience was given an opportunity to really identify with each characters by seeing who they truly were and showing not only the strong points, but their insecurities as well. And I thought that was great cuz it makes the characters more real in a sense. So I guess my feelings haven't really changed too drastically and I think I more obsessed NOW than when it aired. And it's nice to have a place like Fan Forum to talk about Dawson's Creek and to meet other people who understand your obsession

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 04-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

I was obsessed with Dawson's Creek when it first aired mostly because I was ten and I thought "Wow, I'm so adult watching this show." Now that just makes me laugh. I really identify with the first season now, because I catch all of the in-jokes like The Breakfast Club and The Scare and others. Plus it takes me back to a simpler time. I will never love any other season compared to the first, but I plan on purchasing all of the seasons on DVD for a rewatch. I'm really glad because I find things like the S1 in-jokes that I didn't notice. But I was really glad for it to be over, because I thought it tired itself out. That's when I found 'The O.C.' and I can't really say I like it better than 'Dawson's Creek' because despite what some may say, they are very different shows. But I'm not as obsessed with 'Dawson's Creek' as I used to be.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

I was 27 when the show first aired, so I was a bit embarressed to admit I watched a teen soap. I got over it though. I still enjoy it for what it was-- a teen soap-- and I love it.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Cotton Candy

I know that the show has been called a "teen soap", but you do know that it was actually in the drama genre, right?

Old 04-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic Journey
I know that the show has been called a "teen soap", but you do know that it was actually in the drama genre, right?
Yes. I didn't mean anything negative by calling it a teen soap. I think Kevin called that on the series finale commentary.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Extreme Fan

After watching the first episode it's easy to see why this show was a hit. It just had a magical feel to it and had a great cast that was very appealing.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It just had a magical feel to it and had a great cast that was very appealing.
I think the location drew me in as well.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think the location drew me in as well.
Yeah there's something about docks that are so appealing!

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 04-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueLovePJer
Yeah there's something about docks that are so appealing!
Yes and the small seaside town.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Well, I started watching at the beginning of Season 5 and I think I was 27 at the time. I was looking for some form of an escape, so I found Dawson's Creek. After that, I was hooked. The location was beautiful, the cast really clicked..and it was the perfect escape from my reality (for at least an hour).

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 04-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopace1970
Yes. I didn't mean anything negative by calling it a teen soap.
Oh, I know. I was just clarifying. (Sorry if what I posted yesterday came out mean. I've been sick all week and my bad mood may have translated to my posts.)

Quote:
I think Kevin called that on the series finale commentary.
Haha, did he really? Well, the show definitely got more "soapy" (and less clean ) as the years went on.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

I was going through the teen issues when this show first started me and my friends were like 'this is so like my life' There will never be such a show that will capture me as Dawsons Creek did, I fell in love with the characters i was instantly hooked.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I fully admit that when dawson's creek started, that i was obsessed with that show, i mean who wansnt addictied to it.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Ok, to be honest... I do think this show was bad writinen a lot of times, it was very ridiculus sometimes, and wasn´t at all an excelent show (there were great stories, but in general...)
Still, is one of my favourite shows and I totally love it. It made me laugth a lot, it made me cry, it made me mad... I just love it.
But I´ll never defend it, for example, in my film school. I DO know it doesn´t have the good writing of The Sopranos, or the originality of "Lost", and we can´t compite with them...
But I don´t care, I was happy, I am happy and will always be happy of beeing a DC fan, so... That´s all
See you
Juli