Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Character Chat - Because Joey had a character arc.

I haven't seen a thread like this before - maybe I'm not looking hard enough and the admin will get rid of it, but I'd like to ask opinions of other viewers about how the characters changed over the seasons, whether the changes were for the good, bad, or otherwise.

One example, for me, is Jen. I didn't really like her character in the first two seasons, not that I minded the Dawson/Joey drama that she had to endure and/or fight about, but her character just didn't really stand out to me other than her grandfather dying and her whole getting-used-to-Capeside-and-leaving-her-past-behind thing.. In the third and fourth seasons she really emerges as a likeable and strong person, but not so strong that she doesn't need Jack (of course!) When Joey leaves on the True Love with Pacey, she (along with Jack and Andie) vow to help him through the summer and stand by him when he needs it most. She just really knows how to get to the bottom of things and just flat out say what's on her mind. She also is great with the one-liners

Jen:If you asked him to stay, he would.
Joey: What? Give up the movie-making chance of a lifetime just so he can bum around Capeside for another summer?
Jen: Ha ha ha. I don't think he'd see it as such a bad trade-off.
Joey: What makes you think that I want him to stay?
Jen: You really want to know?
Joey: Yeah.
Jen: It's this little voice inside my head that says "I like your hair color. What number is that?"

She has a character arc
If we don't
We're gonna blow a 50 amp fuse.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Maybe we could keep the character chats in the character's threads, we definitely love to chat about character development in these threads! Check the board guide every character has a thread! Closing now

Thanks,
Emily.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread