Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Anti-Pacey/Joey Thread #5 - Welcome to Joey Potter's Little Charity Project!

Credit to Ana Luthor

Hey there, you've reached the Anti-Pacey/Joey Thread #5: Welcome to Joey Potter's Little Charity Project!

If you don't like Pacey and Joey at all, if you were bored everytime they started to fight and made amends at 8:55 pm, here's the place for you my friend!
But if you love them and think they were meant to be, you're more than welcome in PJ thread. I'm sure they will treat you right.
Since this is a place to kinda bash Pacey and Joey (with some sweetness!), don't post things like "I luv PJ, Dawson s*cks!", this is pointless, kinda old and does nothing to improve our mood!!

Credit to Eatyourgreens

"Twu Wuv" Rules (courtesy of the guys at Project Soulmates)
#1. Always keep napkins handy.

#2. "I don't feel it" is a declaration of "Twu Wuv".

#3. Pacey banging any other chick but Joey is Pacey's attempt to get over Joey.

#4. D/J. are. So. OVER! No, really. They are. Even though what they have goes beyond friendship, and is FOREVER, it's over. Like, for sure. Right?

#5."Twu Wuv" can only be obtained by sneaking around peoples' (ie. best friend's) backs.

#6.You must insult each other on a daily basis and make up promptly at 8:50 p.m.

#7. You must argue for hours before you consumate "Twu Wuv".

#8. After you consumate "Twu Wuv", you must promptly lie about said consumation ever happening.

#9. Dawson is EVIL! He does not want "Twu Wuv" to thrive. He must be destroyed at all costs!

#10. You only run to your "Twu Wuv" after someone else who really loves you sends you to them.

#11. Even when closure has been seen by all, it is still hard for some delusional people to grasp it as being over. (ie. "Love Bites")

#12. In honor of "Twu Wuv", you must wait at least 3 weeks after breaking up before you kiss a soulmate.

#13. "Twu Wuv" makes you feel like nothing.

#14. You must stay with your "Twu Wuv" for a year, even when it's obvious they are making you miserable.

#15. In order to acheieve "Twu Wuv" one half must belittle what one's soulmate means to them while the other suffers from selective amnesia.

#16. After consumating "Twu Wuv", your "Twu Wuv" must refer to themselves as the Neil Armstrong of the bunch.

#17. Remember that "Twu Wuvvers" bang each others' roommates/best friends while they're there (in spite of having not gotten over each other).

#18. When said roommate is not there, like, when she's, say, DEALING WITH A SEVERE EMOTIONAL PROBLEM IN REHAB, that's when you go back to sneaking with your "Twu Wuvver" behind her back.

#19. After hanging up the phone with "Twu Wuvver", when her soulmate swings by cuz he trusts you as a good friend, feel free not to say a word about your sneaking around, and instead take his money and invest it stupidly.

#20. After consumating "Twu Wuv" it is customary to feel like peeling off one's skin!!

#21. After running off with ones "Twu Wuv" for the summer, the first thing you think of when you return is when you will see your soulmate again!!

#22. Even when everything is perfect, being with your "Twu Wuv" doesn't feel right!

#23. It is customary to break up with one's "Twu Wuv" at fancy high school dance-type things.

#24. It is customary to kiss one's "Twu Wuv" when she either has feelings for someone else or she is on the rebound.

#25. A true sign of "Twu Wuv" is acting as though you never ever actually dated your "Twu Wuv".

#26. Before consumating your "Twu Wuv", you must talk to someone else to help make the decision for you.

#27. You must not comsumate "Twu Wuv" because you truly want to; but because you feel threatened that if you don't, your "Twu Wuv" will sleep with someone else (ie. a girl in a hot tub).

#28. Your "Twu Wuv" must pressure you into comsumating "Twu Wuv", because it's nine months and counting.

#29. When you're in "Twu Wuv", chocolate hearts is a great exchange for one's virginity.

#30. One must refer to thier first time with their "Twu Wuv" as "nice". Yeah, you read correctly. Just "nice".

#31. When there is a serious problem that should be discussed with your "Twu Wuv"(ie. a pregnancy scare, or if you have been arrested), it is imperitive that you never tell your "Twu Wuv" about said problem.

#32. Kissing someone to get out of a sexual relationship with someone else is an obvious sign of "Twu Wuv".

#33. To sustain "Twu Wuv", you must always bring up the name of your "Twu Wuv's" ex-lover whenever your relationship hits a wall.

#34. One will never achieve the big "O" with their "Tru Wuv".

#35. After consumating "Twu Wuv" one must proceed to chomp loudly on chips while asking their "Twu Wuvver" how they did in the sack.

#36. To hide one's feelings for ones "Twu Wuv" it is normal to enter into a sex pact with your "Twu Wuv's" soulmate's ex-girlfriend.!!

#37. When your "Twu Wuv's" soulmate comes to rescue you from your boat, aptly titled "Twu Wuv", it is a good idea to refuse his help when he's there to save your life and just consider going down with the freakin' boat.

#38. When an ex-lover saves the life of your "Twu Wuv", don't even bother to thank them or even offer to help work off the debt of damages accumulated in saving said "Twu Wuv's" life.

#39. "Tru Wuv" is calling the one you "wuv" a dumbass.

#40. "Tru Wuv" is buying a wall. Flowers and candy are overrated.

#41. "Tru Wuv" is going after someone's soulmate even though you told them you wouldn't.

#42. "Tru Wuv" is being mauled along the side of the road.

#43. Running to the airport with your "Twu Wuv" to profess your love for others is a sign of "Twu Wuv".

#44. "Tru Wuv" is leaving behind your soulmate on the dock beside his house weeping after his parents' wedding to go on a three month boat trip with said "Twu Wuv", whom you THINK you may love, but you are not completely sure.

#45. A sure sign of "Twu Wuv" is remembering everything one minute and nothing the next.

#46. Dating your "Twu Wuv's" roommate is a sign of "Twu Wuv".

#47. When you are clearly in "wuv" with your "Twu Wuv", you make a move to kiss your soulmate.

#48. Having an affair with a married woman is a sign of "Twu Wuv".

#49. If your "Twu Wuv" attack-kisses you on a dance floor, to get out of an affair with a married woman, it is a sign of "Twu Wuv".

#50. When you're in "Twu Wuv", it is perfectly fine to have a spagetti fight with your "Twu Wuv" when a close friend is dying. Screw the fact that it's completely insensitive!

#51. You must completely rewrite history so that a reunion with your "Twu Wuv" is possible.

#52. Kissing on a couch for two seconds means that you will be with your "Twu Wuv" forever, even though NOTHING is actually said (ie. any sign of commitment) to back that up.

#53. Telling your "Twu Wuv" over and over that they're nothing more than friends to you really means that you "wuv" them romantically.

#54. Having only romantic flashbacks of the soulmates in the 100th episode was only to show that one half of the soulmates was really running from their "Twu Wuv" all the time.

#55. Sending your "Twu Wuv" to your roommate and not giving a rat's ass about it really means that you still want to be with your "Twu Wuv".

#56. Giving your best friend advice not to be with their soulmate while hitting on best friend's soulmate is a sign of "Twu Wuv".

#57. Making love to your soulmate 3 times in a row and being happy about it is a clear sign of missing being miserable with your "Twu Wuv".

#58. Hardly noticing that your "Twu Wuv" exists in season 1 and 2 really means you were running from your "Twu Wuv".

#59. "Twu Wuv" means getting locked up all night inside K-mart because one's "Twu Wuv" needed to buy condoms--to hook up with the chick sitting next to him at a party.

#60. It is "Twu Wuv" heaven to find oneself locked in a K-mart with ones "Twu Wuv", a place where we can find endless chips to chomp and napkins are a plenty. Ah, romance in a K-mart, who needs roses, cafe lattes or daisies?

#61. Carrying on an affair with your married employee while waiting for your "Twu Wuv" to dump her fiancee-to-be is a sure sign of "Twu Wuv".

#62. Telling your "Twu Wuv" you will meet him at his house late at night, then standing him up the minute another guy shows up to play "hide the salami" is unmistakeably "Twu Wuv".

#63. "Twu Wuv" means mauling your nearly engaged ex-girlfriend on the dance floor in order to get back at your married and soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend/ employee.

#64. "Twu Wuv" means going from one relationship to the next, over and over again.

#65. "Twu Wuv" means replacing one person on your couch for another in a matter of days.

#66. "Twu Wuv" is when after years of not seeing your "Twu Wuv", instead of spending some time alone with him to catch up, you go to sleep over at your soulmate's.

#67. "Twu Wuv" is when your "Twu Wuvver's" mother doesn't even know your name.

Credit to Nagi

Take it away people!

Last edited by Deb D; 05-31-2005 at 10:14 PM
Old 05-31-2005, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yaaay!!! Everything looks fine, Deb, thanks for starting it ^^"

Must confess that the title kinda breaks my heart since it's referring to Pacey *sighs* Well, can't do anything, Joey was the one who made him feel like nothing.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Ana - just think of it as the relationship not Pacey himself. He was never like that with Andie
Old 05-31-2005, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very, very true, Deb. The PJers might think it's ok to bash Dawson, that probably makes them feel better about their ship, but even if I didn't like Pacey (which happened most of the times that he was with Joey), I wouldn't bash him just to defend my ship. That's just immature, not to mention that it states the complete lack of reasonable arguments.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

That's why I always gotta smile when the anti-DJ thread descends into yet another round of Dawson-bashing. They got nuthin' else
Old 05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's rather pleasant, indeed.

I posted there sometimes, but I didn't feel very welcome. Plus, the discussions weren't interesting enough. Truth be told, they weren't interesting at all
Old 05-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

I lurk there for my own weird sense of entertainment. ;D
Found this little comment in the book Troubled Waters (generally pro-PJ) by Scott Andrews:
Once again when things get difficult (between PJ) Pacey brings up Dawson....they seem so together and relaxed but every time they feel free the shadow of Dawson appears and the awkwardness comes crashing down.
Thoughts?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks For the New Thread. Love the fanart,title and rules.I was thinking someone should add something about pacey's parents not even knowing his twu wuv real name i always found that kinda funny but anyways i was staring at that animation of pacey and joey yelling and it kinda looks like joey is saying i hate you.

Icon: Jacky
Old 05-31-2005, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pacey did seem to be always threatened by Dawson, which bothered me a lot. His low self-esteem played its part on it, but it didn't help the fact that Joey was the one who actually made him feel like he should 'fear' Dawson. Dawson wasn't just her best friend, he was her 'only friend' and Pacey, as her boyfriend, could never play this part in her life, which seemed to bother him (how wouldn't?). It would have been much easier (and healthier) if Joey at least had managed to treat Pacey as someone she could really trust. He felt insecure because of Dawson and although he freaked out many times, he had his reasons. When Dawson was the subject at hand, Pacey didn't have to question. He knew one way or another, no matter the situation, Joey would always go for Dawson.

It was great to talk to you, Deb, but now I must go. Get back tomorrow (today, actually) for more great discussions G'night
Old 05-31-2005, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

That is a great "Twu Wuv" rule Amy. I'm sure the originators won't mind an addition
Old 06-01-2005, 01:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

the title. He never felt like Andies charity project. And she was also good in school.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:02 AM
Total Fan

hey everyone i love the new starting.It looks great as always

I found some pictures of the P/J love.They look so romantic

The Look of Love

Old 06-01-2005, 02:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor
Dawson wasn't just her best friend, he was her 'only friend' and Pacey, as her boyfriend, could never play this part in her life, which seemed to bother him (how wouldn't?). It would have been much easier (and healthier) if Joey at least had managed to treat Pacey as someone she could really trust. He knew one way or another, no matter the situation, Joey would always go for Dawson.

It was great to talk to you, Deb, but now I must go. Get back tomorrow (today, actually) for more great discussions G'night
yeah that was always one of my issues with the PJ relationship - it never seemed to be based on real trust or friendship, depsite the build-up they tried to give it in season 3. At the end of the day it was always Dawson who Joey sought out for comfort, even in the finale, she only ever sought him out. It would be a pretty huge thing for any guy to deal with. Look forward to chatting tomorrow

Thanks for the pics Nagi - it looks like 'feeling alive' is really just 'feeling angry'
Old 06-01-2005, 03:04 AM
Master Fan

Just stopped by to say major at the title. Whoever thought of that, great job and, though I might not agree with what you say, you do have interesting and mature discussions, I wouldn't even come here if this descended into a 'DJ rules PJ sucks, Pacey HAS A BIG NOSE, ha ha' And sometimes I actually agree with you guys.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:12 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, you guys are so fast!
Thanks for opening this thread, Deb
I LOVED the banner, Ana!
Wonderful job!

And I know what to mean, it's a conflict, because I've always loved Pacey. It's kinda strange to have the complete disgust for him, but sorry, it's all I have for him in season 4 and some parts of season 5 and 6. He became so dependent of Joey, to the point of lost some of his identity...always afraid to do something wrong, always so worried about Joey and Dawson. I know Joey had a big part on his behavior, but come on, I had the feeling that Pacey never felt safe with Joey...

How ya diddlin, glad you stopped by! I know you certainly don't agree with most of the discussions around here, but you're really cool!
And, one more time, looooved your avie and your sig!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread